Blockbuster 3 for $24.99 or 5 for $39.99 new retail dvd/blu <= $19.99

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!
blockbuster just changed the sale so that any title $19.99 or below qualifies for the 3 for $24.99 or 5 for $39.99 deal BUT the really slimy part of it is we have pulled all the new movies that are $19.99 i.e. conan, captain america, bad teacher etc. and have been told to take them off the sales floor so they cannot be used in the deal.

At my BBV's they even gave me a $5 giftcard when buying only 3 new blu-rays OR 3-games. Is this correct? Are they only supposed to give the $5 giftcard when you buy a 5 pack?

Thanks Hawaiiboy and other contributors. (and thanks to Duke Nukem :p ) I bought:

Blu rays:

The Patriot
The Hangover
The Notebook CE
The Departed
Pan's Labyrinth (thx to whoever posted about buying this one)
Transformers

DVDs
Sex and the City Season 2
Sex and the City Season 3
Sex and the City Season 4
Sex and the City Season 5
Sex and the City Season 6 pt 1
Sex and the City Season 6 pt 2

Someone asked earlier if this sale works for new DVD sets. Well I can assure you it works for the new (not talkin' used) sex and the city box sets. One store had them marked $24.99 so I overlooked them. The next BBV I went to had them marked correctly for $12.99.

At my BBV's they even gave me a $5 giftcard when buying only 3 new blu-rays OR 3-games. Is this correct? Are they only supposed to give the $5 giftcard when you buy a 5 pack?

Yes, you get a $5 giftcard for purchasing any bundle.

Picked up some nice titles tonight includIng Piranha 3d (have the blu but really love this title and wanted it for when I eventually get a 3d tv)
The Gods Must Be Crazy DVD (rare DVD)
Tangled
Star Trek
Iron Man 2

[quote name='orangecrush']I would highly doubt it. Especially in conjunction with their sale.[/QUOTE]

i tested this yesterday and they do not work. tried 3 different ways. they coupons are not in the system.

[quote name='donut']HB, does BBuster sell Deadwood season 2?
I've read a number of seasons qualified for the deal, is this one?[/QUOTE]

What other tv show seasons do you know of? All I could find new was sex and the city? Are you talking about used?

[quote name='waltercartman']Picked up

toy Story 2 blu
toy Story 3 blu
piranha 3d blu

for 24.99 plus 5.00 gift card[/QUOTE]

nice, I Hope to find piranhas 3d and ts3. My one store did not have it. 2 more to check

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']At my BBV's they even gave me a $5 giftcard when buying only 3 new blu-rays OR 3-games. Is this correct? Are they only supposed to give the $5 giftcard when you buy a 5 pack?

Thanks Hawaiiboy and other contributors. (and thanks to Duke Nukem :p ) I bought:

Blu rays:

The Patriot
The Hangover
The Notebook CE
The Departed
Pan's Labyrinth (thx to whoever posted about buying this one)
Transformers

DVDs
Sex and the City Season 2
Sex and the City Season 3
Sex and the City Season 4
Sex and the City Season 5
Sex and the City Season 6 pt 1
Sex and the City Season 6 pt 2

Someone asked earlier if this sale works for new DVD sets. Well I can assure you it works for the new (not talkin' used) sex and the city box sets. One store had them marked $24.99 so I overlooked them. The next BBV I went to had them marked correctly for $12.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to quote myself like a douchebag to add to my list: ;)

Sex and the City Season 1
Pirahna 3d
Christmas Vacation
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Edward Scissorhands
American Gangster
28 Days Later
Karate Kid Quadrology (DVD)

I don't even have a 3d TV, so I'm not sure why I bought Piranha 3d. I already bought the blu ray at BBV during that crazy .99 cent blu ray sale.

[quote name='Keen314']How long does this deal last? Does it end today?[/QUOTE]Through the end of the year, I believe.

I haven't seen Tangled at any of the 5 stores I have gone to, nor Christmas Story gift set (I did see the regular edition though). Nice finds.

I picked up piranhas 3d, toy story 3 and fight club. I was going to get fear & loathing, but I thought a criterion bd existed.
anyone see any tinker bell blurays?

That's why Blockbuster is dying fast and I can't wait

Last edited:
[quote name='doubledown']. I was going to get fear & loathing, but I thought a criterion bd existed?[/QUOTE]

You are correct the criterion release is the superior version.

[quote name='starmask2k3']That's why Blockbuster is deading fast and I can't wait[/QUOTE]

believe the word you are looking for is "dying", gotta love how the education system in America has gone down the tubes ;)

hawaiiboy, what Is the deal with old giftcards? Any resolution?

There was a resolution a couple months ago. Each gift card you bring in (up to 5) gets you a 5 movie rental card. It doesnt matter what amount is on the card everyone gets the same thing. You could bring in 5 empty cards since we have to way of checking. You have til 12/31/11 to redeem this offer.

Thanks...I wasn't sure if that was the only resolution. I'm assuming I can use this card at ANY Blockbuster (not just the one I get it at)?

Anyone know how offen there new blu rays drop in price?

Was looking to get UP and Monsters Inc on blu. They are both priced over 29.99

Would love to pick them up before the sale ends.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']There was a resolution a couple months ago. Each gift card you bring in (up to 5) gets you a 5 movie rental card. It doesnt matter what amount is on the card everyone gets the same thing. You could bring in 5 empty cards since we have to way of checking. You have til 12/31/11 to redeem this offer.[/QUOTE]

What?! I'm confused... What exactly is going on here? I have like...10 gcs that will be empty soon. Are you saying we shouldn't just toss the empty cards in the trash?

Just saw a web advertisement for this and the clip showed Cowboys and Aliens, Smurfs and 30 Minutes or less working for this deal. Could not find those in stores.

[quote name='aspen1284']What?! I'm confused... What exactly is going on here? I have like...10 gcs that will be empty soon. Are you saying we shouldn't just toss the empty cards in the trash?[/QUOTE]

Seem straightforward to me. Turn in old card, get one 5 free rental card; good up to 5 GCs. If you have 10, you could go to another store to turn in the others I'd imagine.

I did one a while ago, no problems.

I have yet to see SMURFS, CvA either. Not sure how much the BluRay would cost anyways.

Is Princess and the Frog really $24.99? Curious if everything is marked correctly at stores. I've been mainly looking for kids BD's, but been limited it seems.

I hope the Star Wars BD's get clearanced one day :)

[quote name='bob330i']Seem straightforward to me. Turn in old card, get one 5 free rental card; good up to 5 GCs. If you have 10, you could go to another store to turn in the others I'd imagine.

I did one a while ago, no problems.[/QUOTE]

Wow...had no idea! I use Netflix mainly, but these free rental cards would be great as stocking stuffers or backups for when we need a movie to watch one night. Is it good on new release rentals, or just older titles? And Im going to assume that it doesnt apply to games also...

^^^ I've used it on new released blu ray rentals and video games no prob. must be returned the next day before closing tho if don't want cc/dc charged

[quote name='Duncanzits']Does anyone know the story on the used TV box sets? Are they $14.99 a box set or $14.99 a disc? Can I get 3 box sets for $14.99?[/QUOTE]
If they're shrink-wrapped together, they'll have one price and be counted as one item.

I picked up 12 copies Duke Nukem (PS3/360) for $4.99 each plus taxes. Trade-in 12 copies for $17 Each ($204 plus taxes)at BB. End up picked up 40 blu-ray movies for dirty cheap ;)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I picked up 12 copies Duke Nukem (PS3/360) for $4.99 each plus taxes. Trade-in 12 copies for $17 Each ($204 plus taxes)at BB. End up picked up 40 blu-ray movies for dirty cheap ;)[/QUOTE]
you trades those in at bestbuy? if so that's not possible, they only allow 3 of the same game per year in their trade-in program.

[quote name='styl3s']you trades those in at bestbuy? if so that's not possible, they only allow 3 of the same game per year in their trade-in program.[/QUOTE]

That sale was at best buy. And I'm gonna assume that since this is a blockbuster thread, he traded those in at blockbuster.

[quote name='linkbear']That sale was at best buy. And I'm gonna assume that since this is a blockbuster thread, he traded those in at blockbuster.[/QUOTE]
said he sold them to BB, i assume BB = Best Buy since that's what every calls best buy for short.

also it could be a regional thing but blockbuster has the same thing going, they wouldn't take 10+ copies of the same product in one trade in, i don't know any store that would but his blockbuster could be different.

[quote name='styl3s']said he sold them to BB, i assume BB = Best Buy since that's what every calls best buy for short.

also it could be a regional thing but blockbuster has the same thing going, they wouldn't take 10+ copies of the same product in one trade in, i don't know any store that would but his blockbuster could be different.[/QUOTE]

An easy way to remember is:

BBY = Best Buy
BBV = Block Buster Videos.

People tend to use BB for Best Buy and BBV for Blockbuster Videos.

I've noticed some USED Blu-Rays coming in actual Blu cases! Although, I would only buy if I found 3 I wanted. I have seen the newest Pirates of the Caribbean used and Cars 2. So, those are some decent additions. Just wish they had the REAL cases.

[quote name='doubledown']I've noticed some USED Blu-Rays coming in actual Blu cases! Although, I would only buy if I found 3 I wanted. I have seen the newest Pirates of the Caribbean used and Cars 2. So, those are some decent additions. Just wish they had the REAL cases.[/QUOTE]

+1 to PotC: On Stranger Tides, but no Cars 2. I did see Crazy,Stupid, Love for 14.99.
PotC and C,S,L had these really silly cover arts; Pirates had a picture of a pirate ship with the casts' names next to it. C,S,L had Emma Stone's leg in front of Ryan Gosling sitting on a chair. It looked like a bad ad for a strip club, tbh :lol:

I found 5 more used blus today for 25$. One of the workers told me they were starting their closing sale next Tuesday. I guess the store is closing completely mid-February. The store is located in Tumwater, WA if anyone nearby is interested.

I picked up 3 more at a BBV that is staying open (most are closing around me now).

I got Princess and the Frog, Beaty and the Beast and another Piranha 3D. I'm currently trading Piranha 3D and my other copy of Beauty and the Beast (I'm trading the DVD packaging one since I had that previously, keeping my Blu-Ray packaging one).

I went into Blockbuster yesterday to see if they had any 3D blu-rays for rent or buy and nope, not one! I just bought a 3D tv and want something to watch- Walmart only had 2 movies in stock to buy and neither I wanted...was hoping to find some at BBV in the 3 for $24.99 deal :(

No Blockbusters around here closing (thankfully) I mean I loved it when Hollywood Video had a going out of business sale, but I like having a video store around to buy things from once in a while.

[quote name='HorrorFan88']I went into Blockbuster yesterday to see if they had any 3D blu-rays for rent or buy and nope, not one! I just bought a 3D tv and want something to watch- Walmart only had 2 movies in stock to buy and neither I wanted...was hoping to find some at BBV in the 3 for $24.99 deal :(

No Blockbusters around here closing (thankfully) I mean I loved it when Hollywood Video had a going out of business sale, but I like having a video store around to buy things from once in a while.[/QUOTE]

From what the guy told me, Piranha 3D was the ONLY 3D movie they had for sale...

Yeah and I don't think that's "actual" 3D- I think you have to use the glasses for that, but not sure? Anyways, I just think it's lame that they don't have any 3D movies to at least rent!

[quote name='HorrorFan88']Yeah and I don't think that's "actual" 3D- I think you have to use the glasses for that, but not sure? Anyways, I just think it's lame that they don't have any 3D movies to at least rent![/QUOTE]

Piranha 3D that I bought is real.....it's not the old red/blue 3D. However, I believe the 3D was done post-processing for the actual movie. Most TV's you need glasses, actually...all of them.

Anyways, what is happening to stores that are closing? Are the deals good generally?

bread's done
Back