Blockbuster 3 for $24.99 or 5 for $39.99 new retail dvd/blu <= $19.99

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!
blockbuster just changed the sale so that any title $19.99 or below qualifies for the 3 for $24.99 or 5 for $39.99 deal BUT the really slimy part of it is we have pulled all the new movies that are $19.99 i.e. conan, captain america, bad teacher etc. and have been told to take them off the sales floor so they cannot be used in the deal.

[quote name='doubledown']
Anyways, what is happening to stores that are closing? Are the deals good generally?[/QUOTE]

My nearest store is closing, but they didn't have any discounts at all. They had a ton of boxes of used DVDs for $5 a pop, but no 5 for $25 on used blus. In fact, there were no special sales or anything at all. I asked an employee and he said when the store closes all sales are canceled, which seems a bit counterproductive to me:roll:

The closest BBV to me had "We are moving" banners in the windows and on the railing in front of the store. I went in to ask where they were moving to. Their response was Blockbuster.com. sigh.

As for deals, most of their used blu's and dvd's were $9.99. New blu's and dvd's were 10% off. Used video games were 20% off.

10% off new is not that great....I was hoping to have a good discount and pick up Star Wars on BD. If I only had gaming credit like back in the day.

Hey Hawaiiboy,

Do you have any idea when (or even if) stores are going to be allowed to sell new copies of Super 8 on blu ray? I'm wondering if they're ever going to be a part of this sale. I've been debating about picking it up from Best Buy for $14.99 (after $5 trade in), but Blockbuster has spoiled me lately and $15 for a movie sounds too high :roll:

This is not a deal, but if your Blockbuster store is "moving" (closing) here's something to read (Below).

'Blockbuster' is pretty sneaky and smart. There's a Blockbuster that's "moving" and since they're moving, a sale is going on. This sale has been going on since Christmas Day.

3 days ago I stopped in the store to see if the Bluray movies had gone from 10% off to 20% off. Today I walk in the store and I finally see 20% off Bluray movies. I'm excited to see that the prices finally went down.

Did the prices go down? No, they went up! 3 days ago movies were $12.99, $9.99, and $7.99. Today most, if not all of the movies were marked UP to $14.99 which makes the 20% off price tag practically useless. Even at 40% off, I'd still be paying more than I was when the store had sales for 10% off.

According to the same email I got, it's from the 25-31st... Thing is, there is only ONE location around me anymore... There used to be 8-9

I know the store near me which isn't closing is doing a video game sale this weekend (they didn't know yet of the details) but it starts saturday and ends monday. Hopefully the 3 for $25 is at my store as well

bread's done
Back