Blockbuster 5 for $20 blu ray back 8/10-ongoing

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!
Got a email this morning to start 5 for $20 deal immediately. As usual any $9.99 title or less qualifies. There hasn't been a blu ray price drop since the last sale on the 4th of July.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vicks']My haul from the last 2 sales -

The Crazies / Youth in Revolt / This is It / Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs / Ghost Town / 500 Days of Summer / Fantastic Mr Fox / Date Night / Crazy Heart / Taken / The Matrix / State of Play / Drag Me to Hell / Stranger Than Fiction / Get Him to the Greek / Zombieland / Vicky Cristina Barcelona / Robin Hood / The Wackness / Funny People / The Road / I Love You, Man / Despicable Me / Sherlock Holmes / The Informant / Michael Clayton / The Town / Inception / The American / The Hurt Locker / Revolver / The Messenger / A History of Violence / Sunshine Cleaning / Kick-Ass / Revolutionary Road / Catfish / Batman: Gotham Knight / Burn After Reading / The Day The Earth Stood Still / Max Payne / Milk / Observe and Report / Toy Story 3

Maybe missing one or 2 that are currently being borrowed...

Also found new : Batman Begins / Star Trek 3 disc / The Dark Knight (batpod 3 disc) / The Departed (10 each) / Wall-e 2 disc / Toy Story 2 disc / Toy Story 2 2 disc / Toy Story 3 4 disc / Avatar 3 disc / Inglorious Basterds 2 disc / The Notebook CE / The Social Network 2 disc - (12.99 each)

Needless to say, Thanks Hawaii Boy. :) And to all those who post deals here - a lot of watching ahead... :)[/QUOTE]

The Matrix in the 5 for 20 sale?

[quote name='arsenal_fan']The Matrix in the 5 for 20 sale?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised to see that one too...

Glad I did though, almost pulled the trigger on that Matrix dotd blu ray boxset the other day when all I wanted was the first one...

Pineapple Express and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?! I'm so jealous, more so of Pineapple Express, but still.

Man Blockbuster's ploy of giving out those free 99 cent rental coupons is working brilliantly for them. I just can't help checking out their blu-ray section and end up buying more blu-rays. I'm upto 48 now after picking up 5 today.

Today's 5:
1) Get him to the greek
2) Tropic Thunder
3) I love you, man
4) She's out of my league
5) Sherlock Holmes (Rental)

Just got home and picked up:

The Wrestler
Juno
Dinner for Schmucks
The Town
The Book of Eli

What's the best place to buy blank Blu-ray cases though? This is my first 5 for $20 sale, and while the Blockbuster cases are fine, I'm so anal about how my collection looks.

[quote name='choffy21']
What's the best place to buy blank Blu-ray cases though? This is my first 5 for $20 sale, and while the Blockbuster cases are fine, I'm so anal about how my collection looks.[/QUOTE]

www.diskmakers.com

^Definitely and absolutely discmakers. I put in an order for 25 Viva Elite cases last week. Ordered them on Thursday, had them on Tuesday. Fantastic quality and relatively inexpensive too.

Price drops effective 9/26. All titles listed are dropping to $9.99 to qualify for the sale.

127 hours
A-Team
Buried
Case 39
Devils rejects
Due date
Easy A
Fighter
Girl who kicked the hornets nest
Hereafter
Iron man 2
It's kind of a funny story
Jackass 3
Let me in
Love and other drugs
Machete
Megamind
Micmacs
Middle men
Mirrors
Morning glory
My soul to take
Next three days
Ong bak 3
Open season 3
Other guys
Paranormal activity 2
Piranha 2010
Prophet
Red
Resident evil afterlife
Salt
Secretariat
Social network
Spartacus disc 1
Step up 3
Stone
Superman-shazam return of black Adam
Switch
Takers
Twilight eclipse
Unstoppable
Wall street money never sleeps
You again.

FINALLY! Thanks HB!

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Price drops effective 9/26. All titles listed are dropping to $9.99 to qualify for the sale.

127 hours
A-Team
Buried
Case 39
Devils rejects
Due date
Easy A
Fighter
Hereafter
Iron man 2
Jackass 3
Let me in
Love and other drugs
Machete
Megamind
Micmacs
Middle men
Mirrors
Morning glory
My soul to take
Next three days
Ong bak 3
Open season 3
Other guys
Paranormal activity 2
Piranha 2010
Prophet
Red
Resident evil afterlife
Salt
Secretariat
Social network
Spartacus disc 1
Step up 3
Stone
Switch
Takers
Twilight eclipse
Unstoppable
You again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Price drops effective 9/26. All titles listed are dropping to $9.99 to qualify for the sale.

127 hours
A-Team
Buried
Case 39
Devils rejects
Due date
Easy A
Fighter
Hereafter
Iron man 2
Jackass 3
Let me in
Love and other drugs
Machete
Megamind
Micmacs
Middle men
Mirrors
Morning glory
My soul to take
Next three days
Ong bak 3
Open season 3
Other guys
Paranormal activity 2
Piranha 2010
Prophet
Red
Resident evil afterlife
Salt
Secretariat
Social network
Spartacus disc 1
Step up 3
Stone
Switch
Takers
Twilight eclipse
Unstoppable
You again.[/QUOTE]

Well, shit.

... Thanks for everything, Hawaii boy..

:)

127 hours
A-Team
Buried
Due date
Easy A
Red
Social network

Dammit! That's 7. I need to find 3 more or take 2 away. Or I could just be nice to my wallet and not buy anymore. >_>

[quote name='Tsel']127 hours
A-Team
Buried
Due date
Easy A
Red
Social network

Dammit! That's 7. I need to find 3 more or take 2 away. Or I could just be nice to my wallet and not buy anymore. >_>[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar dilemma with:
Social Network
127 hours
The fighter
Iron Man 2
Hereafter
Piranha

Oooh, I want:

Fighter
Machete
Megamind
Next three days
Ong bak 3
Open Season 3
Piranha 2010
Red
Social network
Superman-shazam return of black adam
Unstoppable

Hopefully I'll be able to find most of those at the same store, and hopefully they'll all be dropped at my stores.

Here's my wanted list of 10. I'll probably end up buying 20 or 25 movies like I usually do because I always end up finding other stuff I want to own on blu-ray. One of my stores always has "The Patriot" but it always rings up $12.99. Hopefully it drops.

127 hours
Fighter
Let me in
Machete
Megamind
Paranormal activity 2
Prophet
Salt
Takers

Thanks for the list HB.
I'll finally be able to watch The Social Network.
Hoping my store still has a 'Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest' as well.

Weird, I've picked up both The Fighter and Hereafter already during these sales. They were both marked $16.99, but were in the stack and both price adjusted at the checkout.

[quote name='Tsel']Weird, I've picked up both The Fighter and Hereafter already during these sales. They were both marked $16.99, but were in the stack and both price adjusted at the checkout.[/QUOTE]

Was the fighter a rental version?

[quote name='Irukandji']Was the fighter a rental version?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Retail disc and it doesn't have the 'retail' tab at the bottom of the insert.

Sweet. Thanks HB. Would like to get The Fighter, the Social Network, Iron Man 2, Unstoppable, and maybe even Salt. Will have to see what is available :D

The price drops do not go into effect until tomorrow, I stopped by my BBV and confirmed with the very kind employee there. He let me set aside a pile of BDs which I will pick up tomorrow. Lots in stock, including a few Expendables, Scott Pilgrim, etc.

Looks like I'll be going in tomorrow as well. Would have liked to gone in today, but I can find other things to do.

price drops happen today the store just has to accept them. it is the same way in all corporate stores. i accepted and did the price changes this afternoon.

At my store, the employee said the prices go into effect tomorrow - that was the date he saw in his system. He will be changing the prices tonight, and the changes will go into effect tomorrow.

tell him politely he is wrong. price changes always happen on mondays but now stores have to accept them to take effect. up until a couple months ago it used to be an automatic change.

there are 3 sets of price changes just ask him to see one and it tells you on the first page they are effective 9/26. there are some new dvd's dropping (no blus), smurfs stuff dropping and the pre viewed movies.

Sonofabitch! Mine weren't in their system either. How do I tell them to get them? Lol. She rang them up and they were the normal prices :(

They had some nice $10-ish new blurays at the store near me. I got Clash of the Titans, A-Team, Troy, and The Sorcerer's Apprentice each for $10.

[quote name='guinness7']I miss the old days of the automatic updates when you would bring up a higher priced item and it would ring up a lot lower than listed.[/QUOTE]

Ditto that. Doesn't make much sense other than for updating marked pricing on product.

I stopped at a BBV in my area. Price changes hadn't been accepted yet, but a worker knew what I was talking about. He tried to do the changes himself, but said only the manager could do it. He put the titles I wanted on hold, which was awesome, so I'll go back when the changes happen.

I got:

Red
Machete
Next Three Days
Unstoppable
Megamind
Piranha
Stone
Takers
Secretariat
Easy A
The Fighter

And a few others I can't recall now.

Thanks for the heads up, Hawaiiboy, we really appreciate your help.

i just took my 10 blus (still marked $12.99s and $16.99s) to the counter and ask them if they dropped in price. the guy went to grab his list and made sure that each title was on the list and was surprise as to how I knew. I just told him that I heard it from a friend who also works at BB. Thank You Hawaiiboy

Thanks again to hawaiiboy for confirming today's drops. None of them were marked correctly at my store, but at least they did accept the price changes sometime today. However, I didn't get there until 10:15pm (45 minutes before closing).

I'm always on here posting about the weird blu ray finds I dig up at BBV. I have a few more that dropped today. These all rang up $9.99 today:

Dead Space Aftermath (was marked 16.99)
Patton (2disc 1 blu ray and 1 DVD) (was marked 12.99)
Disney Nature: Oceans (was marked 12.99)
The Invincible Iron Man (cartoon) (was marked $12.99

I also bought some more of the "common" drops. None of these were marked correctly either, but they rang up $9.99:

The Fighter
Paranormal Activity 2
Let Me In
127 Hours
Machete
Megamind

I also saw these but decided to pass on them. What are your guys' opinions of these blu rays?
Coyote Ugly - marked $12.99 but have a feeling it might be $9.99
The Condemned - marked $12.99 but have a feeling it might be $9.99
Casanova - 9.99
All the Kings Men - 9.99 or 6.99

Coyote Ugly and The Condemned are in regular blu ray cases. Not the BBV cases. They have previously viewed barcodes on them so they must be some old trade ins or something. I was tempted to buy them regardless of their shittiness, just because they had "real" cases. lol.

bread's done
Back