Blockbuster 50% off Games starting Aug. 31st (Possibly YMMV)

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
If this has already been posted lock this.

This is what the flyer says

50% off All previously viewed Dvds and Games for Sale

Begins Thursday, August 31 through Tuesday Sept 5

I got this in Millington Tennessee (outside of Memphis) at a normal non GameRush Blockbuster. In fine print at the bottom it says Southern Stores, INC. is a franchisee of Blockbuster Inc.

So this might be only at that store or only at southern stores. Not 100% sure

Wow it's a small world after all eh?

Ok for those of us in Greenville, (SC), do you guys know of any local BB that are having the sale? The one at Five Forks, I have no idea if they are, I wish b/c it's close to me. Not sure bout the one on Woodruff

[quote name='Quintox']Wow it's a small world after all eh?

Ok for those of us in Greenville, (SC), do you guys know of any local BB that are having the sale? The one at Five Forks, I have no idea if they are, I wish b/c it's close to me. Not sure bout the one on Woodruff[/QUOTE]

I was at the Rhino Games over on Wade Hampton and there is a BB/GR right down from it in the Wal-Mart shopping center. I didn't even think about checking, mainly because that manager at North Hills sounded pretty sure there were no franchise stores in the area. He's been there a long time so I'd be pretty surprised if there were.

[quote name='Skylander7']Hmmm.. I wonder which Alabama stores? I can think of one in the area that is franchised, and I believe the rest are corporate.[/quote]

So which store in the area is franchised that you know of?

I used to work for Blockbuster in Spartanburg. Unless this is a new development, there aren't any franchise stores in the Upsate. The HR and Finance Corporate Office is in Downtown Spartanburg, so it would seem kinda odd to have those stores be franchise.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']VA here, not as close but still[/quote]
Same here. I'm close to at least two probable franchise stores. Their selection is always iffy anyhow...

About the only deal I ever really found at BB was finding Maximo: Ghosts to Glory for 10 bucks used about a month after it hit stores...

Greenville, SC here. I went by the Woodruff Rd Blockbuster, and they looked at me like an alien for asking if they were a corporate store or not. No deals for Greenville, looks like.

I am blown away by so many people here from Greenville

Anyway, that sucks, I was going to check out Woodruff, did they have any games left from the 75% off deal though?

I don't know about that. I don't go to the Woodruff Rd store because they dont sell preowned DS or Advance games. I head out to the location on East North, but I doubt they'd be different.

Wish I could help you Greenvillers out, as I used to vacation in Anderson as a kid so I only know a little about that area. Of course, the only BBV there that I know of is on Clemson Blvd. Anderson and Greenville are about what an hour to and hour and a half apart, right?

Correct human, and utopian, I live really close to Five Forks BB, and they have preowned DS/GBA games plus a TON of used Xbox/PS2 games. The used games skyrocketed (number wise) when the trade in deal happened.

Yeah, it's great if the deal start. I saw GR & BB have used copy Metal Slug 3 (XBOX) for $15 or $7.50 after 50% off sale and couple atlus titles :)

man i know NO ONE lives in Rome, GA thats on CAG...and if they did it'd be a miracle cuz they could tell me what the BB near walmart has...booo...guess ill have to check there today myself since the sale is starting today :whistle2:D

Thanks OP, just bought two copies of the Godfather, Xbox and a copy of Fight Night Round 3 for PS2 for a total of $21. Now I'm heading over to Gamestop to trade this plus the Halo 2 deals in for to get me Saints Row for free. Awesome!

[quote name='Quintox']So awp none here have it?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm just going from what I had heard from an employee of the Mauldin Gamerush - there are no franchise stores in Greenville -- and as far as he knew, none in the Upstate.

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']I live in williamston about 30 mins outta greenville. Pretty sure the bb next to rhino in taylors is corp owned.[/quote]

Yeah, that one is corp too. Rhino is actually owned by BBV too.

Scored the following for $14.21:

- MGS 3: Subsistence
- 24 The Game

Was pretty happy when I grabbed these since most the titles were either very old or games I could get new at BB for $14.99.

[quote name='madportagee']The blockbusters in bossier and shreveport Louisiana both have the deal. Picked up several games and dvds, no 360 games though.[/QUOTE]

Man this would be sweet if I could find some of the launch 360 titles.

To my surprise, all three of the Montgomery AL Blockbusters were franchised. I hit all three last night, and got quite a few DVD's on the uber cheap. No 360 games though. I've never seen so many used sports games in my life. Seriously.. a shitload of sports games. I found a few decent titles, like Starfox Adventures, Matrix Path of Neo PS2 (this was brand new, kinda weird), Killer 7, and Shadow Hearts. They also had Dragon's Lair 3D for GCN, but I passed on it.

From what I was told, the Prattville store is corporate.. so they aren't having the sale. Too bad, as they've got the biggest selection of everything.

[quote name='ShreeAspenwood']I live in williamston about 30 mins outta greenville. Pretty sure the bb next to rhino in taylors is corp owned.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm actually from Williamston myself. I just work in Greenville.

Oh Crap! The Mayor is taking it for money! (Inside Joke for Williamston People)

There are no BB's in Williamston, unfortunately. Sorry for the OT post

Holy crap, is this the SC forum or something? I'm in Seneca, SC but I make the rounds to all of the Blockbuster stores (and other stores as well) from here to Clemson to Anderson to Easley to Greenville, and all of the areas between.

All of us around here are SOL btw. I've called just about all of the BBV stores around here and none of them are franchise owned. The closest one I can find is in Savannah, GA.

bread's done
Back