Blockbuster $9.99 games-local only?

maxdusty

CAGiversary!
They're back (at least at my local store, don't know if it's at all locations but they were sent copies from the central office -as opposed to selling off the local surplus rental copies). My local store got three boxes worth of solely 360 games without the original game cases. They weren't put on the shelves as of yet, but they were all labelled and getting ready to do so. Had some cool people that worked there that gave me a look at the games while they were still available. Was able to buy Call of Duty : World at War. They also had Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1, Gears of War 2, Grid, Saints Row 2, 1 copy of Left 4 Dead. Quite a number of other titles that I can't remember offhand as I wasn't interested in them. Just might go back to get a few copies of other games I can use for flipping.

[quote name='ackbar7']This is why this thread beongs in the BBV thread. COD4, WaW, and all the games in the clear cases are all POG games that apparently ring up 9.99 now. FEAR 2 and Afro Samurai are regularly priced games that are 9.99 and will ring up that way unless you are at franchise store. There is nothing here that is actually a "sale" this is all typical BBV stuff that you all would know about if you read the BBV thread.[/QUOTE]

IMO if games (especially ones that still have some demand) ring up that low then it's a deal in itself and it should get it's own thread. Many stores seem to be getting new shipments and the games are going to sell out within a day of being on the shelf. Just let it be it's own thread and within a week the hype will die down and it will go away. Blockbuster does stuff like this only like once a quarter. Just let it be... It's not that big a deal I'm glad it's a thread or i wouldn't have found out (I'm sure I'm by no means the only one either )

[quote name='ackbar7']This is why this thread beongs in the BBV thread. COD4, WaW, and all the games in the clear cases are all POG games that apparently ring up 9.99 now. FEAR 2 and Afro Samurai are regularly priced games that are 9.99 and will ring up that way unless you are at franchise store. There is nothing here that is actually a "sale" this is all typical BBV stuff that you all would know about if you read the BBV thread.[/QUOTE]

That thread is dominated by tiv's and flips though. Since I don't re-sell games, I rarely look in that thread. A thread that deals specifically in low priced games is much better for me. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

[quote name='mogamer']That thread is dominated by tiv's and flips though. Since I don't re-sell games, I rarely look in that thread. A thread that deals specifically in low priced games is much better for me. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and as I don't want get into an argument I'll just say I think it's worth having this thread which highlights the finding of some very cheap games at BBV.

[quote name='BigDicPlumaChik']IMO if games (especially ones that still have some demand) ring up that low then it's a deal in itself and it should get it's own thread. Many stores seem to be getting new shipments and the games are going to sell out within a day of being on the shelf. Just let it be it's own thread and within a week the hype will die down and it will go away. Blockbuster does stuff like this only like once a quarter. Just let it be... It's not that big a deal I'm glad it's a thread or i wouldn't have found out (I'm sure I'm by no means the only one either )[/QUOTE]

Makes sense to me. I don't see a problem with this thread as I wouldn't have found it either without it.

I know the BB/GR thread is a good thing, but i would rate this deal as out of the norm of BB/GR day to day trade in values etc.

all my local blockbusters have pretty much all games listed already by other members other than W@W which is the only one i want damn, oh well grabbed cod4 , halo3 for trade fodder atleast thanks OP!

^Theres not really no answers in the other thread on this particular sale only past one which at that time they were 6.99 not 9.99. hell there is hardly even a recent post about this only ones that stated they knew of it cause of this thread! So in my opinion without this thread i would not have know about it. because quite frankly blockbusters deals are dwindling away. oh and by the way when you read a few pages back on the blockbuster theard most comments are about favorite games and how uncharted is tough? what? should that not be in a discussion thread? Thanks alot for this thread OP, for without it many of us would know nothing of this!

One of the Blockbusters I visited had just gotten these games in, but he told me he can't sell until tomorrow. If it's BS and it's gone when I get there at 10:00AM, I'm complaining to corporate. He had the CoD game, and I so want it.

[quote name='stoned99']Anybody know the part # yet ?[/QUOTE]
Check Hawaiiboy's posts. He posted the part number in the first few pages of the thread.

[quote name='mogamer']That thread is dominated by tiv's and flips though. Since I don't re-sell games, I rarely look in that thread. A thread that deals specifically in low priced games is much better for me. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you haven't read the BBV thread in some time. It has almost nothing to do with flips and TiVs any more and is pretty much just about what sales/deals there are at BBV these days.

As for the POG games, the last 2 or 3 times these have supposedly been "sent to most stores" they never showed up anywhere around me. So I give it a big "meh". I only ever found them the very first time they went out (which was truly widespread).

I am sensing a theme here though on reported locations - it seems mostly centered on the midwest.

[quote name='Chronis']Except I found a store with them today, and I'm in New York....[/QUOTE]

Around where in NY? Do they have any COD left?

I'm in California. ;)

Also, I see everyone picking up COD4. I passed on it as I have MW2 on the way for 360 and I have COD4 for PC. Anything I should know about as to why everyone is picking up COD4??

[quote name='io']
I am sensing a theme here though on reported locations - it seems [highlight]mostly[/highlight] centered on the midwest.[/QUOTE]

;)

Didn't find any POGs around here (also in CA), though I did come across a PS3 Wolverine marked at 9.99. Took it up to the register expecting to get denied, and sure enough it rang up 39.99. I feigned surprise and said "Oh, so it's not 9.99?" and the guy answered "Well, it is now" and adjusted it for me.

Also noticed Blockbuster were clearancing their short-lived book section, and has now decided to start selling "Snuggies". Cough.

Burke VA has GTA4 and CODMW1, amongst some select other crap like Timeshift and MLB 2k7(???). I was really hoping to find WAW or L4D (*sniffle*).

I live in south FL (broward county) and I went to 2 blockbusters around me neither of them had any idea. I asked about a shipment they had no idea. At one of them I even did a price check for W@W, saints row 2, and Wolverine they were all normal priced ($40, $30, and $20).... but the fear 2 they had was marked at $25 and the price check was 9.99.. so im a little puzzled. all of the ones i had him check were ps3 titles. it seems everyone is having luck with the 360 versions.. i hope this doesnt turn out to be 360 only :'(

[quote name='dinovelvet']Didn't find any POGs around here (also in CA), though I did come across a PS3 Wolverine marked at 9.99. Took it up to the register expecting to get denied, and sure enough it rang up 39.99. I feigned surprise and said "Oh, so it's not 9.99?" and the guy answered "Well, it is now" and adjusted it for me.

Also noticed Blockbuster were clearancing their short-lived book section, and has now decided to start selling "Snuggies". Cough.[/QUOTE]

...jealous...

[quote name='BigDicPlumaChik']I live in south FL (broward county) and I went to 2 blockbusters around me neither of them had any idea. I asked about a shipment they had no idea. At one of them I even did a price check for W@W, saints row 2, and Wolverine they were all normal priced ($40, $30, and $20).... but the fear 2 they had was marked at $25 and the price check was 9.99.. so im a little puzzled. all of the ones i had him check were ps3 titles. it seems everyone is having luck with the 360 versions.. i hope this doesnt turn out to be 360 only :'([/QUOTE]

These are most likely refurbished rentals they're selling. Last go-around PS3 games weren't included - blurays don't really need to be refurbed all that often.

Also, the regular SKU's will NOT work for these POG refurbs. There is a special UPC that the Manager helping me had to punch in for each game. They all came up the same as some promotional $9.99 game. The ones at my BB/GR had NO MARKINGS what so ever, just a blank clear case and disc.

Also, the regular SKU's will NOT work for these POG refurbs. There is a special UPC that the Manager helping me had to punch in for each game. They all came up the same as some promotional $9.99 game. The ones at my BB/GR had NO MARKINGS what so ever, just a blank clear case and disc.

all the shipments come with no markings. we have to print up the labels for them before we put them out or supposed to print out labels. looks like they didnt do that at ur store.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']all the shipments come with no markings. we have to print up the labels for them before we put them out or supposed to print out labels. looks like they didnt do that at ur store.[/QUOTE]

can you send me some labels to put on the games? :) lol so should i just wait it out or am i probably not going to see this at all?

[quote name='hawaiiboy']all the shipments come with no markings. we have to print up the labels for them before we put them out or supposed to print out labels. looks like they didnt do that at ur store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he hadn't shelved them yet. He still had them in the TWO boxes and let me go through them. He had a sticky note with the upc code on it attached to the box. I figured out how all this works by him saying the code wouldn't work, then he realized he wrote it down wrong.

Thought about going back tonight to get a couple more games, but I fought off the urge. lol This time around I'm gonna try to PLAY my 360 games instead of spending my time finding deals on them. I have a pretty good selection now, so I'm just waiting on Live and my HDD (not to mention the cat5e I need to run tomorrow to my bedroom).

I went to two BBV's near my work and found nothing. But I stopped at the store near my home and found a bin with the clear box game in it. Well they were not $9.99 but $14.99! I picked up Saint's Row 2 and Fallout 3 for the 360 at that price. I also picked up F.E.A.R. 2 and The Watchmen game for $9.99 (original cases). So $9.99 may be YMMV or it could be $14.99. I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit.

I went to three Blockbusters today in San Diego during my lunch break (just barely got back in time to punch in!).
One had a box of about 25 games. I picked up Modern Warfare 1 and World at War. As forementioned, it only has the game disc. No manual, no sleeve. But it does have a plastic case.
The games I skipped on were Fallout 3, Assassin's Creed, GTAIV, Madden.
I checked their condition and they were all in EXCELLENT condition, absolutely flawless discs.

The other 2 blockbusters had no idea what I was talking about, but i'll return to them tomorrow.

Cheers!
-Vandit

I talked to an employee at my Blockbuster last night and he told me the clear case thing is only for stores that are getting shut down by Blockbuster. Dunno if this is true, but you might try and find out which stores around you are closing and check there.

[quote name='cysiam']I talked to an employee at my Blockbuster last night and he told me the clear case thing is only for stores that are getting shut down by Blockbuster. Dunno if this is true, but you might try and find out which stores around you are closing and check there.[/QUOTE]
I really doubt that. The store I found the new clear case games in is pretty busy. They recently remodeled and are even selling the Tivo's that can access Blockbuster Online now.

[quote name='cysiam']I talked to an employee at my Blockbuster last night and he told me the clear case thing is only for stores that are getting shut down by Blockbuster. Dunno if this is true, but you might try and find out which stores around you are closing and check there.[/QUOTE]

Why would a store that is closing get new inventory? The only store in my area that DIDN'T get these games was the one that is closing.

I think that employee huffs paint. Were his lips white?

Just stopped by a blockbuster nearby my job and found F.E.A.R. 2 for 9.99. Nothing else really interesting. I live in South Florida Doral area.

[quote name='outerheaven']Just stopped by a blockbuster nearby my job and found F.E.A.R. 2 for 9.99. Nothing else really interesting. I live in South Florida Doral area.[/QUOTE]

Michigan, same game... I got it new at Target for that recently so its not worth it..

[quote name='dino88']Why would a store that is closing get new inventory? The only store in my area that DIDN'T get these games was the one that is closing.

I think that employee huffs paint. Were his lips white?[/QUOTE]
Actually I know two Blockbusters near me (one near my college, one near my home) that are both closing. It's not a liquidation, but they're advertising it like one. The odd thing is, they do get new merchandise coming in every week that is being sold at the discounted prices. I'm still perplexed as to why.

[quote name='BigDicPlumaChik']I live in south FL (broward county) and I went to 2 blockbusters around me neither of them had any idea. I asked about a shipment they had no idea. At one of them I even did a price check for W@W, saints row 2, and Wolverine they were all normal priced ($40, $30, and $20).... but the fear 2 they had was marked at $25 and the price check was 9.99.. so im a little puzzled. all of the ones i had him check were ps3 titles. it seems everyone is having luck with the 360 versions.. i hope this doesnt turn out to be 360 only :'([/QUOTE]

I live in broward county too but there never seems to be any deals down here.

This may be available near you--

I found it at: Omaha, Nebraska: 96th and Q:
9.99 non-title specific packages are 20% off also

I used to work for Blockbuster-- these packages are used games that are all assigned the same part number, regardless of title. Because of this, their pricepoint is usually above or below their real value. I stopped into this store yesterday and picked up 2 copies of Fallout 3, COD4, and Saints Row 2, all for $8 a piece. I then went to Gamestop, which takes games as trade-ins even with no cover art or manual. All 3 of those games are on the list for Gamestop's "trade 2 of these titles and get $40 off a presale title". Since I can only trade 1 copy of a title per day at gamestop, I did 2 of them yesterday, & I'll do it again a couple times. All that to say, either cheap games at only $8 a piece, or spend $16 at Blockbuster and get $40 worth of trade at Gamestop. (The 20% off may not be available at all stores--this store is closing.)

Hope there is a store near you that carries these. You can call in and say "Could you stat a part number for me?" and give them the part numbers-- they also should be able to tell you if other stores in the area have that part number in stock. You'll have to go to the store in person to see what titles are available. The 2 part numbers I know of are 275837 and 241932. The titles I saw yesterday were:

Fallout 3
COD4
Saints Row 2
Far Cry 2
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Bourne Conspiracy
Fear 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Devil May Cry 4
Prince of Persia
Soul Calibur 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Madden 09
Mercanaries 2
Dark Sector
Turok
Spiderman 3
Spiderman: Web of Shadows
Battlefield: Bad Company
Jumper
Crackdown
Bioshock
Tombraider Anniversary
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Earth Defense Force 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of openning the floodgates..... I'm curious if anyone has found extra WAWs that they wouldn't mind parting with, maybe in exchange for something else from this sale? So far I've hit 4 BBs, 1 didn't have any POGs, 1 had 2 totes full, and the other 2 had 1 of those little bins I guess everyone else is seeing. But yeah, I've seen just about everything else but WAW... Hell, I even saw a Virtua Fighter 5 Online... which was weird because on the next shelf over, they had a preowned complete copy listed for $6.99....

[quote name='weaselbelly']

Hope there is a store near you that carries these. You can call in and say "Could you stat a part number for me?" and give them the part numbers-- they also should be able to tell you if other stores in the area have that part number in stock. You'll have to go to the store in person to see what titles are available. The 2 part numbers I know of are 275837 and 241932. The titles I saw yesterday were:
[/QUOTE]

I called a store by me and the lady said they didn't have either number but she gave me 2 stores that each had one if the numbers. But are they xbox numbers or will it work for ps3 too? And when I show up to the store are they going to have a bin or do I need to give an employee a number

[quote name='utopianmachine']Found a local Blockbuster near me. Had 3 World at Wars, 3 GTA4s, Oblivion, Army of Two, Fear -- all for $9.99 and marked. Got me a World at War.[/QUOTE]

For what system? Only xbox or did u see ps3 too?

Blockbuster near me had 4 or 5 copies of Halo 3, World at War, Fable 2, all EA sports games 09, GTA4, and a bunch of randoms, most of which I had never heard of. Great prices to pick up world at war and Fable 2 for me

-sigh- I've given up on hunting for these games..best I could find was a copy of FEAR 2 for 9.99, hopefully one day I'll just run into a cheap copy of MW

[quote name='randu']-sigh- I've given up on hunting for these games..best I could find was a copy of FEAR 2 for 9.99, hopefully one day I'll just run into a cheap copy of MW[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of being shot down as well. Aww well

I was able to get Fallout 3 and Saint's Row 2 for the 360. Having buyers remorse a bit as my credit is now down to $54....If anyone is interested in a trade, I was not the biggest fan of Fallout, but I might try it again.

If you buy one or more of these games at your Blockbuster, it doesn't hurt to ask them if they have any spare original cases (some with manuals) they're willing to give you from their rental shelves. I got a case and manual for my Cod: WaW this time around and three during the last sale. They don't really use them anyway except for display purposes.

bread's done
Back