Blockbuster Blu Ray Bourne $5 - ?

denshaotoko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I rented The Bourne Identity from blockbuster for $5 and it says own it on 8/12/09 for $0.00. Can i just keep this for $5 then or is this a common thing/trick?

May be a great deal for a sweet movie if it's for real!

edit: rented The Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum in the same way today. Supremacy says own it for $0.00 as well though Ultimatum says $29.99.

Since these blu rays are only available as an expensive box set getting 2/3 possibly for $5 each seems pretty good. I'll let the time expire to 'own them' and report what happens if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, yes. That's the way the program works. However I have never seen a receipt say "keep it for $0.00 more". If you keep it, I believe they will charge your credit card after the given date. But in your case, they shouldn't charge you.
I only did that once. I had rented "The Amityville Horror" (2005, Ryan Reynolds), for $3.50, and the receipt said "keep it for $1.99 more", so I kept it. It's a terrible movie, but for $5, why not?

it is the bourne identity on blu ray so its actually a sweet deal! i even used a free rental coupon i had to 'rent' it sooo i guess it's free for me :p

I'll look into this tomorrow when I work. It could be that the system has the movie marked at $0.00 or something. If this is true, I'm taking the Bourne ones at my store. Loved the movies...

I believe that even after they charge you for the purchase price, you can return it and they will refund you the full amount (minus a 2 dollar service charge).

Just picked up Bourne Identity and Supremacy for $4.99 each and both have a keep it price of $0.00. Great deal (although hopefully they don't cancel my membership for keeping them)

Hmm, the Rochester area Blockbusters are a test market for $1 a day rentals. I wonder what would happen if I rented one. I wonder if it would say own it for $4 more or $0.

[quote name='aServantOfGod']Do you get any kind of case for the movies? I don't want just the disc for $4.99. I'd rather pay $12 and get the original case and stuff.[/QUOTE]

my copies came in regular dvd cases with original blu ray artwork, just swapped them into some spare blu ray cases i had. unless you want whatever box type thing the trilogy comes in the packaging seems to not be an issue.

[quote name='duckydan']Just picked up Bourne Identity and Supremacy for $4.99 each and both have a keep it price of $0.00. Great deal (although hopefully they don't cancel my membership for keeping them)[/QUOTE]

They won't cancel your membership. Most stores won't even notice that you kept it.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Hmm, the Rochester area Blockbusters are a test market for $1 a day rentals. I wonder what would happen if I rented one. I wonder if it would say own it for $4 more or $0.[/QUOTE]

I think it would still say $0. Either way, try it and let us know.

[quote name='Burchamj']so, u rent em, and on the bottom of the reciept it says, keep for 0.00? and then u just keep em?[/QUOTE]

Correct...

And yes everyone, the deal is legit. In the system, a new price of Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy are both $0.00. Ultimatum is still $29.99. The system will charge you the selling price 10 days past the rental date so just keep them and you shouldn't be charged anything.

something tells me this is no "deal" this is a glitch in the system which could easily back-fire if they fix it and have the system charge you once the 10 days are up if they fix it in time..

If your receipt says keep it for 0 and they try to charge u just keep your receipt and file a chargeback on your cc. They can't go and charge u more bc they made a mistake

I rented a copy today and still said $0.00 to keep. Hope this hold out because I have Bourne Identity and Ultimatum on HD-DVD. Hope to add this to complete the series on Hi-Def for only $5.

Picked up both copies today. it only came up as $3.99 each for me. and it says Due Date 8/21/09 or pay $0.00. we will see how this goes.

just picked up both as well. hopefully they let us keep them. Anyone know where to get cheap blu ray cases? I've heard microcenter has them for cheap...the blockbuster cases are truly hideous

Picked them up too. I will argue to the teeth over this one. My receipt says it's free to keep after 8/23. I don't care if it's a price snafu - it's not my problem. I have a receipt that clearly says it's $0 to keep.

If they have an issue with it, maybe they should hire someone who knows what the hell they're doing rather than whoever is currently in charge of their bluray collections.

Sorry if this sounds pissy, but I'm a little tired of Blockbuster atm.

Probably says $0.00, because you can't purchase these by themselves yet so only 1 movie has a price in the system?

Probably says $0.00, because you can't purchase these by themselves yet so only 1 movie has a price in the system?

I think that's a good guess. Still, why wouldn't they just manually enter $29.99 for each film? Seems like that would be the intelligent way to do things...

[quote name='nonametofame']Has anyone tried this with the Fast and the Furious movies?[/QUOTE]
I rented the first one and its a no go. they want 33.99 for it

Fast and Furious are available individually to purchase while the Bourne movies are not, that's my guess

Somebody should try this with the matrix trilogy, specifically reloaded or revolutions as neither one is available by itself.

I'd be willing to try this with Spider-man 1 and 2 since they're only avail together as box set as well, but as of now I don't have an account with BB and don't know when I can get around to it. If anyone tries Spidey 1 and/or 2 films let me know the result and I might get around to doing it faster hahaha! Thanks guys.

[quote name='xoh96x']Fast and Furious are available individually to purchase while the Bourne movies are not, that's my guess[/QUOTE]

That's the smartest thing I've heard in this thread so far. I've never thought about that.

[quote name='DaDeuce']Somebody should try this with the matrix trilogy, specifically reloaded or revolutions as neither one is available by itself.[/QUOTE]

They are not $0.00 in the system.

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']I'd be willing to try this with Spider-man 1 and 2 since they're only avail together as box set as well, but as of now I don't have an account with BB and don't know when I can get around to it. If anyone tries Spidey 1 and/or 2 films let me know the result and I might get around to doing it faster hahaha! Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Same as with the Matrix movies. Not $0.00 in the system.

I'm guessing bourne is just an exception.

[quote name='techstar25']Technically, yes. That's the way the program works. However I have never seen a receipt say "keep it for $0.00 more". If you keep it, I believe they will charge your credit card after the given date. But in your case, they shouldn't charge you.
I only did that once. I had rented "The Amityville Horror" (2005, Ryan Reynolds), for $3.50, and the receipt said "keep it for $1.99 more", so I kept it. It's a terrible movie, but for $5, why not?[/QUOTE]

That is one of two movies I have thrown out in my lifetime.

[quote name='xoh96x']Fast and Furious are available individually to purchase while the Bourne movies are not, that's my guess[/QUOTE]

The individual titles were only recently made available for sale to coincide with the release of the new Fast and Furious on July 28. Blockbuster started carrying the older titles around the time the trilogy was released March 24. But bummer the 1st one isn't free to keep. Maybe it works for the other two?

So I bit, picked up Bourne Identity and Supremacy. I am a bit worried that they will find some way to charge me for it later. (I dont know how they could but still). Thanks OP for the heads up on this one. (unless of course it backfires, then I will obviously curse your name forever:) )

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Hmm, the Rochester area Blockbusters are a test market for $1 a day rentals. I wonder what would happen if I rented one. I wonder if it would say own it for $4 more or $0.[/QUOTE]

Any news on the Rochester market, I'd gladly take both of these and committing $1 to try isn't much of a risk.

I just went to Blockbuster and rented all 3 Bourne movies. The $0 deal worked on the Bourne Identity and the Bourne Supremacy but not Ultimatum. It said if I wanted Ultimatum I had to pay $29.99.

I asked the manager of the Blockbuster who was on shift if I had to return the other two movie rentals and she said I didn't and that I should take advantage of the offer and keep them. I wrote down her name on my receipt just in case they ever want $$$$ for them.

Well, I tried it today on Bourne 1 and 2. Says I owe them $0.00 to keep them in the next 10 days.

ssooooo. To the OP, he said that on the 12th they would be "his". Has BB tried to charge the $29.99 each or are they actually not charging you??? has anyone been able to keep them at 0.00??? I know I can do a chargeback if necessary on my CC but I'd like this hastle free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you guys just try and stop asking everyone? I'm sure if someone knew the damn answer, they would post it. If they do charge you an obscene amount of money for the movies then you can either A) chargeback or B) go to the store and bitch for a refund.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Why don't you guys just try and stop asking everyone? I'm sure if someone knew the damn answer, they would post it. If they do charge you an obscene amount of money for the movies then you can either A) chargeback or B) go to the store and bitch for a refund.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, sorry, wasn't trying to make waves. I saw that in his original post the OP said that they would be his to own on the 12th. Being that it was past that time I was curious if he had any updates. That's all.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Why don't you guys just try and stop asking everyone? I'm sure if someone knew the damn answer, they would post it. If they do charge you an obscene amount of money for the movies then you can either A) chargeback or B) go to the store and bitch for a refund.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! What's wrong with you guys? An internet forum is no place to ask questions and search for information. Oh wait...

bread's done
Back