Blockbuster/Gamerush Deals Thread! 50% off NEW NINTENDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSHs and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

Trade 3 get any preowned for $5 valid at regular Blockbuster stores as well as the Buy 2 get 1 Free.

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Hefner and Rockwell. I just moved there so I have a lot of work to do so bare with me.

If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks.

Flipping discussion is here.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - September 5

This deal is being modified in many locations due to abuse. OH well

Beginning May 17 - September 5, trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals).

May be restricted to titles $44.99 and lower though YMMV.
Same restrictions as above

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy one new PS1 gamee, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Both deals become $5 for $15 on Tuesday, May 17.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
05/17/05 (Thanks and Credit goes to galvatron2k1)

Area 51 (PS2 XBOX) $26
ATV: Offroad Fury (PSP) $22
Cold Winter $25
Delta Force Black Hawk Down $35
Devil May Cry 3 $30
Donkey Konga 2 $20
Doom 3 $30
Enthusia Pro Racing $20
Fight Night 2004 (XBOX PS2) $8
Forza Motorsport $32
Full Spectrum Warrior (PS2) $10
God of War $30
Gran Turismo 4 $30
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) $24
Jade Empire $30
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $8
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Lego Star Wars (GBA) $11
Lego Star Wars (XBOX PS2) $20
Major League Baseball 2K5 (XBOX PS2) $10
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $8????
Midnight Club 3 (Ps2 XBOX) $34
MX Unleashed $8
Mx vs. ATV Unleashed $20
Myst IV: Revelation (XBOX) $8
NBA Street Showdown (PSP) $28
Need for Speed Underground (NDS) $24
Pariah $28
Pokemon Colosseum $8
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) $20
Predator: Concrete Jungle (XBOX PS2) $20
Psychonauts $26
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 $30
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2) $8
Sonic Heroes (XBOX) $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2 XBOX Cube) $30
Star Wars Ep. 3 (NDS) $24
Star Wars Ep. 3 (Ps2 Xbox) $35
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX) $8
Super Mario Sunshine $8
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Untold Legends: Brotherhood (NDS)? $22

PSP Hardware $170
XBOX Hardware $95
PS2 Hardware $90
PsOne Hardware $11

Accessories
Universal Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
Gamecube Memory Card 8MB (any brand) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card 4MB (Nintendo brand) - $3
PS2 Multitap (Sony brand) - $10
PS2 Memory Card (any brand) - $7
XBOX AV Cable (any brand) - $2
XBOX Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
XBOX DVD Remote - $14
XBOX Controller (any brand) - $6
XBOX Light Gun (any brand) - $6
XBOX Dance Pad (any brand) - $5
XBOX Headset Only (any brand) - $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

I consider deals confirmed when I receive the MAP on every other Thursday. The Map outlines promos and how the store is to be layed out and includes the barcodes for the deals. Also we get the new trade flyers that day as well with new trade values and deals.

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='benfiltness']so here is the question....

the 3 games get a PO for $5... does this have any restrictions on titles??? Sports, older titles, etc...

thanks guys...[/QUOTE]

Jacked a flyer from Gamerush today on the new deal.

Offer valid for a limited time. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-owned game for $5 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PSP, PS2, Xbox, Gcube, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street soccer, mini games, wrestling games, or any 2003, 2K3, or older sports games.... Maximum purchase of 20 pre-owned games per Member per day...

I will be posting the trade in value list as of May 17, 2005 in a moment.

Delta Force Black Hawk Down $35
Star Wars Ep. 3 (Ps2, Xbox) $35
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Midnight Club 3 (Ps2, XBOX) $34
Forza Motorsport $32
Devil May Cry 3 $30
Doom 3 $30
God of War $30
Gran Turismo 4 $30
Jade Empire $30
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 $30
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2, XBOX, Cube) $30
NBA Street Showdown (PSP) $28
Pariah $28
Area 51 (PS2, XBOX) $26
Psychonauts $26
Cold Winter $25
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) $24
Need for Speed Underground (NDS) $24
Star Wars Ep. 3 (NDS) $24
Untold Legends: Brotherhood (NDS)? $22
ATV: Offroad Fury (PSP) $22
Donkey Konga 2 $20
Enthusia Pro Racing $20
Lego Star Wars (XBOX, PS2) $20
Mx vs. ATV Unleashed $20
Predator: Concrete Jungle (XBOX, PS2) $20
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) $20
Lego Star Wars (GBA) $11
Full Spectrum Warrior (PS2) $10
Major League Baseball 2K5 (XBOX, PS2) $10
Fight Night 2004 (XBOX, PS2) $8
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $8
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $8????
MX Unleashed $8
Myst IV: Revelation (XBOX) $8
Pokemon Colosseum $8
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2) $8
Sonic Heroes (XBOX) $8
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX) $8
Super Mario Sunshine $8

As of May 17, 2005.

PSP Hardware $170
XBOX Hardware $95
PS2 Hardware $90
PsOne Hardware $11

Accessories
Universal Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
Gamecube Memory Card 8MB (any brand) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card 4MB (Nintendo brand) - $3
PS2 Multitap (Sony brand) - $10
PS2 Memory Card (any brand) - $7
XBOX AV Cable (any brand) - $2
XBOX Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
XBOX DVD Remote - $14
XBOX Controller (any brand) - $6
XBOX Light Gun (any brand) - $6
XBOX Dance Pad (any brand) - $5
XBOX Headset Only (any brand) - $2

Thanks galvatron2k1!

I can't believe that Pariah is not going to get $35 for trade...I was really hoping the value would jump up.

[quote name='jkircos']Thanks galvatron2k1!

I can't believe that Pariah is not going to get $35 for trade...I was really hoping the value would jump up.[/QUOTE]

Pariah may get you more trade-in value today and tomorrow, the 16th. I'm not sure what the value is right now, but those new prices do not go into effect until Tuesday!

Thanks galvatron2k1 I have updated the op as well. Also added some stuff to the op and the new deals as well under what they are replacing.

[quote name='camelking6969']i just talked to local gamerush in the south, said deal might not happen, said it was a mistake, i hope not, corycubed have you heard this, video game budget sinking[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be unless something happened today. In fact Thursday my DL and I had a talk about the new deal and he confirmed that and semi confirmed the 5 for $25. The new flyers are printed as well with the deal.

Also I worked Saturday til 9 and we had nothing new on the voicemail, email, or anything.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Thanks galvatron2k1 I have updated the op as well. Also added some stuff to the op and the new deals as well under what they are replacing.[/QUOTE]

Cool Cory! You still the man, keep up the great work!!!

[quote name='spin03']does black hawk down come out this week for xbox?[/QUOTE]

thats the street date in our computer. so unless it gets pushed back....it should be coming out this week

This thread is awesome and very informative. CoryCubed and others keep up the great work. I for one have made GR my primary buy/trade/preorder location.

omg guys! I was just at my Gamerush and saw some amazing Gamecube preowned price drops, RE 4, Metroid prime 2, and Mario Cart DD all were $27 used.

And Buy 2 get 1 starts tuesday.

I have $299 dollars in credit at blockbuster exactly. I was thinking about preordering a Xbox360 but now I am very, very tempted to just buy a gamecube and every game I'm interested in playing on it. I'm so torn!

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']omg guys! I was just at my Gamerush and saw some amazing Gamecube preowned price drops, RE 4, Metroid prime 2, and Mario Cart DD all were $27 used.

And Buy 2 get 1 starts tuesday.

I have $299 dollars in credit at blockbuster exactly. I was thinking about preordering a Xbox360 but now I am very, very tempted to just buy a gamecube and every game I'm interested in playing on it. I'm so torn![/QUOTE]

thank god i traded in RE4. got 35 with bonus for it.

I traded in Pariah on May 14 and got $26, plus $5 bonus.

I was hoping for $35, but I got it with the trade 2 deal, didn't really like it, and traded it in fairly soon after. In the end I broke about even.

[quote name='camelking6969']does new deal start monday or tuesday i have heard was tuesday, also, my game rush will price match competors, i got burnout 3 from them for 19.99, by telling them about target. i hate other stores so i never abuse them on this, i ownt say a word on a couple dollars but for 20 i will say something[/QUOTE]

From my experience (backed up by people here) GR will NOT price match new game prices (only trade-in values) - you are lucky if they did it for you.

I did one last $5 bonus trade at a regular BB - I had to travel a bit to find one that did it. The others seem to be all over the place with their policies and trade-in deals. I can't wait till Tuesday to see what they all do.

Got (WITH bonus):
GC - NHL 2005 - $19
PS2 - Ribbit King - $6.50
Xbox - X2: Wolverine's Revenge: $6.50

They did reject my copy of NBA Live 2004 because they have too many already (they have a very small used game section at this BB so I'm cool with that), so I'm glad I brought 4 games with me or the trip would have been a waste.
I got Ribbit King at Best Buy for $5 with the coupon, solely for the purpose of getting a 2-disc PS2 case to house the used Shadow Hearts Covenant I bought at GR the other day. I just put the two Ribbit King discs in the single case they gave me for Shadow Hearts Covenant... Of course, key to being a cheap-ass about it, I needed to get my money back on the trade-in with the $5 bonus!

As the situation at the Wilsonville, OR Gamerush deteriorates (no double-dipping, $5 bonus only on "premiere" titles, new employees that don't know how to do preorders, etc) I think I'll take a break and try to figure out what to do with my value card credit - probably save it for a next generation system preorder as they can't mess that up since it will be for full price (no trade-in deals to modify or add exclusions to)! I do have $30 sitting on my account there and Cory has made me worried about that (apparently managers can just 'adjust' accounts at will!), so I'll probably try to spend that on something ASAP - maybe a Gameboy game.

However, I will definitely keep checking back here to see if new preorders show up in their system - particularly any Nintendo games or Burnout Legends for PSP. Also I'll be checking back to see if Cory finds any info on the % off sale on 'older' new games he mentioned in the previous thread.

Don't all go too crazy with the $5 PO deal, now, OK? :D

[quote name='Ugamer_X']So, outside of Freestyle Street Soccer and old sports titles, are there going to be any major exclusions from the "trade-in 3 get one for $5 deal?"

I'd like to know so I don't end up with titles I can't trade-in.

Edit: Is there any word on when this new deal ends? I looked back but couldn't find any mention of it.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm if the trade 3 get one for $5 starts today? I was told it didn't start until Tuesday.

I'm sort of excited about the 5 for $25... hope it can be confirmed before the store I frequent opens in the morning...

[quote name='CoryCubed']Shouldn't be unless something happened today. In fact Thursday my DL and I had a talk about the new deal and he confirmed that and semi confirmed the 5 for $25. The new flyers are printed as well with the deal.

Also I worked Saturday til 9 and we had nothing new on the voicemail, email, or anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='benfiltness']so how is everyone gonna work this???

You can buy a game for $5.... (i.e. 5 for 25)

Trade it in for $1-2....

Get a PO for $5...

So you have $5-6 credit and you pay $5 for any PO...

So basically you get ANY PO for $15...

Trade in on this maxes out at $35.... if you are lucky enough to find a high trade in title....

The reward here doesn't seem to grand unless you can find a good trade in deal..

Any input anyone???

ben[/QUOTE]

That's why IO perfers the extra $5 trade in to build credit.
As a tool to simply build credit, this promo isn't as good as the previous.
However, if you find a game rush with a good stock of current used games, it lets you build up a decent collection of newer used games for a far cheaper price than you'd find anywhere else (even on ebay).

Thanks...

Well what i was thinking was this...

Go to Blockbuster A and buy 30 games ($150)
*You do not need to give account info to buy used games

Take these 30 games to blockbuster B.... and claim 10 games with this 3 any po for $5 deal... and trade in values, basically get 10 high trade games for free...

Then take this 10 high trade games to EB... and reserve my Xbox 360...

What do you think.... is this illegal or just scandulous??

Thanks for your help,

ben

Great work on this, CoryCubed, thank you. Could you sort the Credit Values list alphabetically, though? That would make reading it a lot easier.

[quote name='adamsappel']Great work on this, CoryCubed, thank you. Could you sort the Credit Values list alphabetically, though? That would make reading it a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

I'll try it for now. what does everyone else think?

[quote name='benfiltness']Thanks...

Take these 30 games to blockbuster B.... and claim 10 games with this 3 any po for $5 deal... and trade in values, basically get 10 high trade games for free...

Thanks for your help,

ben[/QUOTE]

Its not illegal, but it is definity scandulous...

[quote name='benfiltness']Thanks...

Thanks for your help,

ben[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with jkircos - scandalous. Involving BB and EB I think is fine (going from one to the other or vice versa), but the intermediate step of 'flipping' the games to another BB is what is generally frowned upon. Of course, as we have said, it certainly isn't 'illegal'. You are simply jeopardizing your trade account at BB. As for taking anything you get from BB and bringing it to EB to reserve your Xbox 360 - go for it! Now, if you can find cheap games at EB or GS that you can then use to get the $5 PO's at BB, then take these back to EB to trade for the Xbox preorder, that is probably a little less scandalous (though probably not worth the trouble) :D

I've always felt that turning $150 cash into about $300 credit isn't really that good a deal unless you had an immedidate use for the credit, especially when you start considering the time involved and other cost you'd likely amass (gas, impulse items, etc). I've never really considered the risk to be worth the eventual reward.

It's not only $150, but $200 spent plus tax, gas, time, and sweat:

[quote name='benfiltness']Go to Blockbuster A and buy 30 games ($150)
*You do not need to give account info to buy used games[/QUOTE]
This is under the assumption that you are buying $4.99 games. And even if you are you still have to pay between $10-$15 dollars worth of tax, depending on what state you live in.

[quote name='benfiltness']Take these 30 games to blockbuster B.... and claim 10 games with this 3 any po for $5 deal... and trade in values, basically get 10 high trade games for free...[/QUOTE]
Now when you trade those 30 for the 10 "high trade" PO for $5 games, you're still paying $50+tax for those 10 games (10 x $5.00).

So, to break it down $150+tax for the 30 PO games and another $50+tax for the 10 "high trade value" PO games, so $200+ spent.

Keep in mind you get the trade in value of those 30 games...

And games are $5 for $25...

So you spend $150....

With tax im spending $160....

Trade those games in for $2 each...

$60 in trade and you owe $54 for the high end games....

So i spend $160 to get 10 HIGH trade games and $6 in credit to GameStop...

Take those 10 high trade games to EB (For a hopeful $35 each)

$350 x 10% (EB Card...)

$385 in credit gets me my XBox 360...

And if I get even luckier EB will be running a trade in promotion and ill get even more out of it...

Any input?

i have to disagree, it might be scandulous, but you can do 20 trades per day according to your trade agrement, so if you want to drive all day so be it, i have 397 in credit all ready nand plan to us the b2g1f deal more then the other deal

As far as everyone making a big deal about driving... i have 10 blockbusters within 8 miles...

I can literrally buy the games, drive down the road 2 blocks.... trade them in, drive down the road 2 blocks and hit EB...

Maybe 10 miles total and prob. no more than an hour...

Anyone know if you can pre-order the XBOX 360 system yet at GameRush?

Also, where are most people getting their "trade-in fodder" these days....it seems most people are doing that.

wait a sec... if you are going to EB to trade those games at "high value" which you hope that is around $30-35, that means you'll have to actually find games that are new releases that people 1. bought and didn't like and 2. traded them in right away after buying them and 3. blockbuster/gamerush has actually put on the shelf, in order to buy them as pre-played. how many are actually out there like that?

[quote name='benfiltness']As far as everyone making a big deal about driving... i have 10 blockbusters within 8 miles...[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I wish I had that many blockbusters concentrated in one space. Some things to keep in mind though, there are very few games that will get you $35 at EB, I've never gotten above $30, and in order to make this work every blockbuster you hit must have the game in stock when you do it. You will have to call ahead and make sure that ever stop has exactly the games you need.

and how does the EB card get you +10% credit on trade ins?

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']omg guys! I was just at my Gamerush and saw some amazing Gamecube preowned price drops, RE 4, Metroid prime 2, and Mario Cart DD all were $27 used.
![/QUOTE]

Can anyone else confirm this? I was at GR yesterday scouting for pre-owned games I'll be able to get for $5 on Tuesday, and I noticed used copies of RE4 were still 44.99. Maybe my store hadn't updated the price stickers yet...?

[quote name='benfiltness']Keep in mind you get the trade in value of those 30 games...

So you spend $150....

$350 x 10% (EB Card...)

And if I get even luckier EB will be running a trade in promotion and ill get even more out of it...

Any input?[/QUOTE]

You're not exactly the first person to look into this. Many have tried, some have apparently had their Gamerush accounts frozen and credit removed, see the past Gamerush threads for details. By all reports, GR is getting more and more aware of 'flipping' scams like this.
Also, the fact that you use the word "hopeful" in your plan pretty much says it all...be prepared to be severely disappointed by EB's trade-in prices.

Yes, this is why i haven't done most of it yet...

And why I asked how everyone works these promotions...

Someone on here prob. has better methods :)

EDIT: And like I said... When i buy the games from BlockBuster A, I don't have to use my account because you don't have to have an account to buy games... so why would my account be frozen for trading in 30 games at BlockBuster B...

[quote name='benfiltness']Keep in mind you get the trade in value of those 30 games...

So you spend $150....

$350 x 10% (EB Card...)

Any input?[/QUOTE]

the games that are available for the 5 for $25 will probably only get $1 to $1.50 credit apiece at gr, and the last time i checked, the most amount of credit eb gives for a regular (non-collectors, etc) new release is $25.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Can anyone else confirm this? I was at GR yesterday scouting for pre-owned games I'll be able to get for $5 on Tuesday, and I noticed used copies of RE4 were still 44.99. Maybe my store hadn't updated the price stickers yet...?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the used RE4 has dropped down to $26.95

becareful fellow cag, i called a gamerush store near me and the dumbass said it was trade 5 get po for $5, make sure you ask before you do the deaL

[quote name='djinni']I can confirm that the used RE4 has dropped down to $26.95[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks, I'm going to pick that up with my credit, I'll save my 3 trade-ins for something else

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone know if you can pre-order the XBOX 360 system yet at GameRush?

Also, where are most people getting their "trade-in fodder" these days....it seems most people are doing that.[/QUOTE]

Strangely enough, the availability of "trade-in fodder" seems to have dried up just as the $5 bonus deal ends. There's nothing that I know of at Fry's or Target or TRU or CC or EB that does well with or without the $5 bonus. Best you can do is break even on $5 Best Buy PS2 games (using the $5 coupon posted elsewhere in CAG) - but that's still good for getting preorders/new releases for $29.99.
Ones that trade in for even money are Beyond Good & Evil (edit: I think, unless only the GC version gets $5) and Metal Arms. Can make $2 with MAT1.

Apparently TRU had some value-tagged GBA games that were ringing up 90% off when they first came into the stores last week, but they have since fixed that. Of course, the CAG (who shall remain nameless) that posted that in the TRU thread and who also posts here, failed to mention it here for those of us who don't read every thread every day :D... Sounds like he made quite a killing on the deal though (something about clearing out a few TRU's).

[quote name='benfiltness']Yes, this is why i haven't done most of it yet...

And why I asked how everyone works these promotions...

Someone on here prob. has better methods :)

EDIT: And like I said... When i buy the games from BlockBuster A, I don't have to use my account because you don't have to have an account to buy games... so why would my account be frozen for trading in 30 games at BlockBuster B...[/QUOTE]

If you could change all the BB cases into regular cases!!! By the way, I never get more than $30 on trade-in prices @EB. Good luck!

[quote name='dinovelvet']You're not exactly the first person to look into this. Many have tried, some have apparently had their Gamerush accounts frozen and credit removed, see the past Gamerush threads for details. By all reports, GR is getting more and more aware of 'flipping' scams like this.
Also, the fact that you use the word "hopeful" in your plan pretty much says it all...be prepared to be severely disappointed by EB's trade-in prices.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has ever had their credit removed, but yes you could get your account frozen. I suggest you just take your time, you have 5-6 months to build enough credit. I've had +300 in credit a few times in the past easily enough.

Slow and steady there, just like the tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back