Blockbuster Online + Rewards = Awesome

gigantor1313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Right now, you can buy a rewards Membership for $5 instead of $10. It last a whole year and you get a free rental right away and a free rental each month. Also, with every 5 rentals per months, you can rent a new movie or game. I bring this up b/c if you rent from Blockbuster online, you can trade you movies in store and they count towards your rental status.

[quote name='dracula']edit, it sucks to hear that they are indeed raising their rates for new members, but i am still pleasantly surprised I was not hit with the $$$ increase. At least i havent been hit yet. its just a matter of time.[/quote]I also have been grandfathered for the time being. I never received mail either way. I'm guessing by next month I'll get the mail. I won't be upping to the $25/month plan, and might just drop to the $10 plan (1 at a time).

I got

Dear Brian,

We have introduced a new pricing structure for our lineup of subscription plans.

As a result, the price of your current monthly plan, Unlimited Online DVDs up to 3 at a time plus unlimited in-store exchanges each month for $17.99, will increase to $24.99, effective August 31, 2007.

We will not automatically renew your subscription on your next billing date.

I'll probably just stick with the 3 at a time because i've found selection in store sucks ass anyways. Netflix is definitely the better deal now, they have shows for download that arent even on dvd like Jeremiah Season 2 so major props to em.

[quote name='fujishig']Umm... the notice I got said it was going to change on the September billing cycle. Did yours say August?[/QUOTE]

i didnt get a notice at all, my august billing date was the 24th, and i got charged $17.99+tax for the same service ive been getting for the past couple of years(unlimited exchanges.) of course it is very possible they raise the prices later this year.

[quote name='Brian9824']]I'll probably just stick with the 3 at a time because i've found selection in store sucks ass anyways. Netflix is definitely the better deal now, they have shows for download that arent even on dvd like Jeremiah Season 2 so major props to em.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the B&M blockbusters dont have much selection, but they are good for getting new releases.

Blast it. I didnt get the email, but i checked the "my account" page, and it lists my next billing as N/A. And then later today i get the email saying :are you sure you want to leave?" but i never got the email about the price raise.

I guess i will load up on the TV series, office s2 and prison break s2 are going to the top of the list. All of the "very long wait"

I got the email last month saying my account would be automatically changed, but guess what, it wasn't! Today is the first day of my new month and I still have two free videogame rentals and unlimited instore exchanges. No changes whatsoever, even though they said there would be!

If you become a GOLD rewards member then the cost of membership is FREE and you can reserve movies, and you get a cool GOLD card. I have been a gold member for like 4 years now and I always put movies on reserve at BB.

[quote name='veedubkid']If you become a GOLD rewards member then the cost of membership is FREE and you can reserve movies, and you get a cool GOLD card. I have been a gold member for like 4 years now and I always put movies on reserve at BB.[/quote]But I'm pretty sure a gold membership can only be attained by renting like 100 movies in a year, and I believe that's all fully paid rentals. And anyone can reserve movies for an hour if the movie is in when you call, so you can get to the store and pick it up. The difference in Gold is you can have the movie held until 8 pm. Also, Gold members get Sunday and thursday added to the days that you get a free older movie with a paid rental (instead of just mon-wed, like blue rewards).

[quote name='Legolas813']I got the email last month saying my account would be automatically changed, but guess what, it wasn't! Today is the first day of my new month and I still have two free videogame rentals and unlimited instore exchanges. No changes whatsoever, even though they said there would be![/QUOTE]

it will probably happen on your next billing statement. Then again maybe not and you will stay on your current plan. that would be pretty sweet.

For me, the turnaround time has gotten much worst for me. A while back i could turn in 3 dvds, and within 2 or 3 days get 3 more dvds in the mail. Now it is more like 4 or 5 days. I will probably give netflix a shot, and then maybe stop all together for a while. i have plenty of dvd boxsets that i own that i should watch.

[quote name='Legolas813']I got the email last month saying my account would be automatically changed, but guess what, it wasn't! Today is the first day of my new month and I still have two free videogame rentals and unlimited instore exchanges. No changes whatsoever, even though they said there would be![/QUOTE]

it will probably happen on your next billing statement. Then again maybe not and you will stay on your current plan. that would be pretty sweet.

For me, the turnaround time has gotten much worst for me. A while back i could turn in 3 dvds, and within 2 or 3 days get 3 more dvds in the mail. Now it is more like 4 or 5 days. I will probably give netflix a shot, and then maybe stop all together for a while. i have plenty of dvd boxsets that i own that i should watch.

This is BS, I can't figure out why some people are getting grandfathered and others aren't.

I've had the $7.99 plan for months - one at a time, 3 per month + 3 in-store exchanges and one e-coupon.

Now their changing my plan to - one at a time, 2 per month + 2 in-store exchanges and no coupon, still $7.99. So two less movies, and no game rental.

A friend of my wife had the $5.99 plan for one at a time, 2/month, 2 exchanges + the coupon and she's being grandfathered and can keep her plan. So for $2 less than my new plan, she's getting what I'm getting PLUS the coupon each month. I'm sorry, but that's absolutely BS. More rentals for less money.

I've drafted a letter asking for my old plan to be grandfathered (or to be grandfathered under the old $5.99 plan since they did it for another customer) or to cancel my membership.

So maybe I'll be giving Netflix a try. It's a shame, I loved this service under my old plan and sung it's praises to everyone. But I'm not going to be screwed around like this, not when I know what other customers are getting.

[quote name='Animal7390']wow your blockbusters wont hold movies till the end of the day what a jip.[/quote]If we hold movies for everyone all day then people would be calling at 10 am, asking for a movie to be held and then might not ever come in to get it. So nobody would get it. Seems fair to me to give customer an hour to come get it if they want it that badly. Of course exceptions are made (being super friendly always helps), but AKAIK, it's 1 hr hold time. Maybe it's at stores discretion.

i actually agree, they shouldnt hold movies at all. if someone is in the store and wants to rent the movie, then they should get to. There are a lot of random people out there, at least in my town(los angeles) and i am guessing about half the time people dont even pick up the dvd that they asked the BB employee to hold for them.

I sympathize with the BB employees greatly, because either way their are pissing someone off, either the person who asked to hold it, or the person in store who wants to rent the movie but cant. The workers dont get paid jack, and that kind of nonsense just doesnt make sense.

If you cant rent a dvd that is in stock, rent something else and wait a week or 2 and then the original movie you wanted will be in stock.

[quote name='megashock5']This is BS, I can't figure out why some people are getting grandfathered and others aren't.[/quote]

this is blockbuster we are talking about, it is just a matter of time before they hike the prices on everyone, but they arent exactly an efficient company so it will take some people longer to get charged the new fees.

If you think that is company knows what it is doing, just look at their business model. they came up with the slogan of "the end of late fees". Of course that invited and encouraged every idiot to keep their rentals indefinitely. Yes, the people that did thie are total idiots, but BB screwed themselves yet again.

They will continue to be incompetent and hemorrhage money until they finally file chapter eleven.

So maybe I'll be giving Netflix a try. It's a shame, I loved this service under my old plan and sung it's praises to everyone. But I'm not going to be screwed around like this, not when I know what other customers are getting.

i will probably give netflix a try, but for different reasons. Lately BB has had slower and slower turnaround time. right now i have one movie out, and i have exchanged it in store, and they have yet to send me another movie, and i have the plan of "3 at a time, unlimited store exchanges."

so i will either stop entirely, and just buy boxsets and then sell them on ebay, or i will try netflix, and eventually they will send me some offer to get me to subscribe again.

With all the talk of rate increases and whatnot I was anticipating an email from BB hitting me with said increase. Much to my surprise, this is what the email said:

Dear X,

We want to let you know about some changes to our BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™ subscription plans. This information is provided for your reference only – your subscription plan will not be affected by these changes.

As of July 26th, 2007 there was a price increase on all BLOCKBUSTER Total Access plans with unlimited in-store exchanges. We have also started to offer plans which limit the number of in-store exchanges available each month.

As a preferred customer, your plan will not change at this time. Please continue to enjoy your exclusive subscription plan, including no monthly limit on free* movie rentals or discounted game rentals when you exchange in-store, at today's price – far below the published rate available to new subscribers.

At any point, you can log in and
review your current subscription plan or see all available plans. Keep in mind that if you want to change your subscription plan in the future, your new plan will be subject to prices and terms available at that time.

Please don't hesitate to
contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER®

Keep in mind that this is only my third month with them. WTF are the doing over there?

[quote name='Ed_']With all the talk of rate increases and whatnot I was anticipating an email from BB hitting me with said increase. Much to my surprise, this is what the email said:

Dear X,

We want to let you know about some changes to our BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™ subscription plans. This information is provided for your reference only – your subscription plan will not be affected by these changes.

As of July 26th, 2007 there was a price increase on all BLOCKBUSTER Total Access plans with unlimited in-store exchanges. We have also started to offer plans which limit the number of in-store exchanges available each month.

As a preferred customer, your plan will not change at this time. Please continue to enjoy your exclusive subscription plan, including no monthly limit on free* movie rentals or discounted game rentals when you exchange in-store, at today's price – far below the published rate available to new subscribers.

At any point, you can log in and
review your current subscription plan or see all available plans. Keep in mind that if you want to change your subscription plan in the future, your new plan will be subject to prices and terms available at that time.

Please don't hesitate to
contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER®

Keep in mind that this is only my third month with them. WTF are the doing over there?[/quote]This is the letter people grandfathered in were supposed to get. I still haven't received anything. Weird it being only third month.

I have been a member for nearly 3 years, but was not grandfathered in because I use my account too much (customer service flat out told me this).

However, no changes were made to my account the following month like they were supposed to, so for now I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I really hope I can keep my TWO free videogame rentals a month. That is really what keeps me subscribed and I know not many people have that benefit. Plus the unlimited instore exchanges are really nice.

Any 'veteran' high traffic (10+ rentals a month) online members notice any throttling?

From the time my discs are marked received at store it takes up to 6 days for them to ship out my next batch of discs (i've got over 50 titles in my queue, 9 available now's, over 20 short waits). This is getting kind of ridiculous. If it keeps up, im just go back to using the free month trial codes over and over.

[quote name='gigantor1313']Right now, you can buy a rewards Membership for $5 instead of $10. It last a whole year and you get a free rental right away and a free rental each month. Also, with every 5 rentals per months, you can rent a new movie or game. I bring this up b/c if you rent from Blockbuster online, you can trade you movies in store and they count towards your rental status.[/quote]
Actually this is a common misunderstanding. Your rewards rent five get one free only count towards 5 FULLY PAID rentals. Using your online envelope or even any coupon (even if it discounts the price of the rental) will not count towards the five.

Overall both are still good deals. Most stores will guarantee that your rewards card will pay itself off within the first 90 days

[quote name='Legolas813']I have been a member for nearly 3 years, but was not grandfathered in because I use my account too much (customer service flat out told me this).[/quote]

OH that would explain why mine got cancelled. They never emailed me, just let my accound expire and sent me "we want you back" email. I used the account a ton. I plan to switch to netflix, and give that a shot. If I ever get an email from BB inviting me back at the older prices, than i would go back, or maybe if I really hate the netflix.

However, no changes were made to my account the following month like they were supposed to, so for now I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

keep your fingers crossed, hopefully you keep the account at the lower rates.

I'm about ready to file a BBB dispute over this. Would anyone here be willing to file one with me and include their information as well?

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm about ready to file a BBB dispute over this. Would anyone here be willing to file one with me and include their information as well?[/QUOTE]

What would be your complaint? That they raised their prices?

Last month when they were upping the price for unlimited my account got canceled with 1 1/2 weeks paid left. I called and had to jump through hoops over a "computer glitch" to get what I paid for, I ended up getting a free month but still, well 2 1/2 free months since I paid for 1 1/2 weeks. Same BS Blockbuster has been pulling for years they ended up giving me a free month but I'm going Netflix when my sub is up.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']What would be your complaint? That they raised their prices?[/quote]

Complaint is that they are charging different amounts for the same level of service depending on who is using it. It's akin to a buffet charging you $8 and then charging your friend $12 because they think he is going to eat more.

[quote name='Brian9824']Complaint is that they are charging different amounts for the same level of service depending on who is using it. It's akin to a buffet charging you $8 and then charging your friend $12 because they think he is going to eat more.[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand. Could you explain? Maybe I'm missing something.

[quote name='Brian9824']Complaint is that they are charging different amounts for the same level of service depending on who is using it. It's akin to a buffet charging you $8 and then charging your friend $12 because they think he is going to eat more.[/QUOTE]

I understand that and can appreciate.
I was told that my plan was changing from:
Unlimited Online DVDs 1 at a time plus unlimited in-store exchanges for $9.99

to

Unlimited Online DVDs 1 at a time plus up to 2 free in-store exchanges for $9.99

This doesn't seem like much of a difference, but it was to me and I was a member for almost a year.
Hearing now that they gave preferential treatment to less active subscribers is disturbing to me and seems wrong.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it's illegal but would be willing to put my name on a list of cosumers if you need me.

There is a question as to whether its actually illegal but its definitely shady. You can argue that its a form of throttling which is what netflix got in major trouble over.

Basically you are limiting what your more active members can rent and giving preferential treatment to customers who don't rent alot.

Netflix did it by giving members who didnt rent alot priority on the rentals so that if you requested a movie and a member who didnt rent as much requested a movie as well they would get it even if they requested it AFTER you. Blockbuster is throttling you by saying you simply can't rent anymore yet letting other people rent as much as you want.

In simple terms its basically wrong to charge 2 different people 2 different amounts for the same level of service. It can probably be argued that its discrimination. Especially when its based on what they think you MIGHT rent since they have no way of proving you are going to rent a certain amount of dvds in a month.

[quote name='Brian9824']There is a question as to whether its actually illegal but its definitely shady. You can argue that its a form of throttling which is what netflix got in major trouble over.

Basically you are limiting what your more active members can rent and giving preferential treatment to customers who don't rent alot.

Netflix did it by giving members who didnt rent alot priority on the rentals so that if you requested a movie and a member who didnt rent as much requested a movie as well they would get it even if they requested it AFTER you. Blockbuster is throttling you by saying you simply can't rent anymore yet letting other people rent as much as you want.

In simple terms its basically wrong to charge 2 different people 2 different amounts for the same level of service. It can probably be argued that its discrimination. Especially when its based on what they think you MIGHT rent since they have no way of proving you are going to rent a certain amount of dvds in a month.[/QUOTE]

I see what you saying in that it sucks for the consumer, but since there are two printed price points which outline exactly what you get, how can it even be considered shady?

Well they don't advertise that some people are allowed to keep their existing plans. Only way you know about it is to hear that some people are paying a different price. They don't tell you that low renters are allowed to keep their existing plans at their current price and aren't made to switch plans.

So there is no printed price showing both price points. Only one printed is the modified one for heavy renters.

[quote name='Bezerker']Any 'veteran' high traffic (10+ rentals a month) online members notice any throttling?

From the time my discs are marked received at store it takes up to 6 days for them to ship out my next batch of discs (i've got over 50 titles in my queue, 9 available now's, over 20 short waits). This is getting kind of ridiculous. If it keeps up, im just go back to using the free month trial codes over and over.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have been going crazy with BB in the last 3 months. Somewhere around 15 rentals a month, plus I exchange all of them for in store movies. I have been using the program like crazy. My movies started to really slow down, so I thought they were not sending my movies out... Then I got bored and was adding more movies, and voila, they started shipping again.

Now, I had a que of around 100. About 50 were "available." Any time a movie does not go out immediately, I just add a couple of more available titles and send them to the top of the list. And voila, here comes my movies again.

A couple of opinions;
1. I think the available is not truly "available." I think that the movie is available in your shipping district, but not in your closest store. So they skip mailing it until it is in your closest store. (This is actually on the FAQ's if you check it out.)
2. I think BB only checks the top 10-15 of your que, if that much. I can't remember the last time I got something listed lower than 5th in my que.
3. You need to learn the return times of your store. The biggest store near me is fast. If I get it to them by 11AM, I will get a new movie sent out that day. If I get it to them later, I will get a movie sent out the NEXT day. The smaller store up the street will always be the next day or 2 days. Why? I don't know, but it is always true for me.

But in the end, I am just guessing...

Brian - yea, that stinks. I have been bumped to another program also - no surprise here...

Matthew

[quote name='Brian9824']Well they don't advertise that some people are allowed to keep their existing plans. Only way you know about it is to hear that some people are paying a different price. They don't tell you that low renters are allowed to keep their existing plans at their current price and aren't made to switch plans.

So there is no printed price showing both price points. Only one printed is the modified one for heavy renters.[/quote]They also never officially stated higher renters were getting the change; so far I've heard it from one person on this board who heard it from a support csr, but that doesn't make it official. To back this up one would have to go to great lengths to prove it. Aside from grandfathering light renters (if they are, which seems likely but unproven), they have done nothing wrong; they can charge whatever they want and change plans however they want at any time. You aren't forced to pay (and in most cases it simply stops you altogether instead of auto renewing).

Well, they have just changed my plan, almost two months after they said they would. I've decided to downgrade my plan, since there is no reason to pay so much anymore without free videogame rentals. I'll be going from 3 mailings out at a time and unlimited instore exchanges with 2 free videogame rentals/month for $17.99, to 1 mailing out at a time (maximum 2 per month) and 2 instore exchanges with no free videogame rentals/month for $7.99.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']They also never officially stated higher renters were getting the change; so far I've heard it from one person on this board who heard it from a support csr, but that doesn't make it official. To back this up one would have to go to great lengths to prove it. Aside from grandfathering light renters (if they are, which seems likely but unproven), they have done nothing wrong; they can charge whatever they want and change plans however they want at any time. You aren't forced to pay (and in most cases it simply stops you altogether instead of auto renewing).[/quote]

I recieved an email from a CSR as well stating that my useage is what determined my price change.

Before people like me complained about netflix's throttling practice people said the same thing that they reserve the right to prioritize who gets the dvds and if you don't like it then stop paying and go somewhere else. Well Netflix got such bad PR over it they put a stop to it.

This is an even WORSE case of throttling then netflix. Before for my current price I could get around 20 dvds exchanged in store. Now for the same price i can only get a max of 5 while lower renters can get the same amount as they did.

Charging 2 different prices for the same service is wrong, no matter what the justification. Thats the grounds i'll use when I do my report to the BBB tomorow.

FYI if you want to prove it this e-mail from their CS makes it pretty clear
We’re giving our most frequent renters like yourself the option of either continuing with unlimited in-store exchanges at a higher price point or moving to a plan where the number of in-store exchanges is fixed if you'd like to continue with the same rate.

We don’t want to lose any of our subscribers. We tried to match subscribers with the plan that seemed to best fit their needs based on their rental history. Based on usage, some existing subscribers will be moved from a plan with unlimited in-store exchanges to a plan at the same price point but with a monthly limit on in-store exchanges. For other subscribers, staying on a plan with unlimited in-store exchanges was clearly the best choice. Communication to this group will focus on staying with their current unlimited plan, but at an increased price.

Let me ask them something, how exactly does changing my plan to LESS rentals as a heavy renter best fit my needs?

To those of you concerned that different people are paying different amounts for the same plan...
this is just cause BB doesn't have it's shit together (having just gone through a CEO change among other things). Eventually everyone will be forced to switch plans or pay more. Given the number of people that have come into my store compaining about being forced to switch, I'd say they have forced 90% of accounts to switch so far (myself included).

As for throttling...
I'm a heavy user and usually have my DVD's exchange in store the day after I get them. I haven't been throttled in the year that I've had the plan, but then again, I use it mostly for TV series and older movies and my queue always has around 50-100 movies in it. I don't think Blockbuster "purposely" throttles customers, but their availability listings are definitely misleading and probably leads to the majority of the rumors that they throttle (things listed as available never shipping or not shipping for 3 days, etc.).

Customer service...
(1) If you need customer service from the online people, CALL. All you will get from e-mailing them is automated responses.
(2) If you're confused about something from the online program, do NOT ask one of the CSR's in the store. They'll either confuse you more or make up some shit that sounds good. The corporate communication to the stores about the online program has been piss poor (at best). We almost always have to find out about new happenings through our customers.

[quote name='Legolas813']Well, they have just changed my plan, almost two months after they said they would. I've decided to downgrade my plan, since there is no reason to pay so much anymore without free videogame rentals. I'll be going from 3 mailings out at a time and unlimited instore exchanges with 2 free videogame rentals/month for $17.99, to 1 mailing out at a time (maximum 2 per month) and 2 instore exchanges with no free videogame rentals/month for $7.99.[/QUOTE]

if i would ever buy a Wii or a PS 3 system then it would be worth the money. I got at least one store that will take the FREE coupons and if you complain say once a week per month they will toss you another E coupon

So

1 e coupon free
1or 2 E coupons for complaining about service
1 or 2 E coupons i can use at other stores

3 to 5 free game rentals per month (Say 5) at 3 bucks per rental would pay for my account each month.....

Now i just have to have the balls to buy a ps3 or wii LOL

It is my understanding that all types of ecoupons will be discontinued in the near future, if they haven't already been taken from your online account. And even if you have them, some stores have already stopped accepting them. So no more free game rentals for anybody.

Oh and watch out about complaining too much, to gain free stuff. I've heard they will cancel your account.

[quote name='Legolas813']It is my understanding that all types of ecoupons will be discontinued in the near future, if they haven't already been taken from your online account. And even if you have them, some stores have already stopped accepting them. So no more free game rentals for anybody.

Oh and watch out about complaining too much, to gain free stuff. I've heard they will cancel your account.[/quote]Wow, never heard anything about not accepting them - but I gaurantee they will discontinue.

I called last night and they gave another free ecoupon. (I actually received an email from BB on Tuesday saying - because of ______ we will make it up to you by sending you a free e coupon.

They never sent the coupon, that is why I had to call.

Matthew

The new pricing really pissed me off and I wanted to change to Netflix just to spite them, but the unfortunate thing is, they are still the cheapest guys in town. Sure for one DVD (my plan) Netflix is a dollar cheaper, but BB is still offering the 2 free in store returns. At the higher pricepoints, BB and Netflix are the same and BB is offering a few in store returns.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']The new pricing really pissed me off and I wanted to change to Netflix just to spite them, but the unfortunate thing is, they are still the cheapest guys in town. Sure for one DVD (my plan) Netflix is a dollar cheaper, but BB is still offering the 2 free in store returns. At the higher pricepoints, BB and Netflix are the same and BB is offering a few in store returns.[/quote]Exactly. It's no where near the amazingness that it was but it's still the best (if you are satisfied with other areas of service, ie shipping and availability). This why it makes no sense to me that so many people are upset. The fact is that with the way it was set up before, blockbuster would have killed itself off before too long. I think they are really just trying to break even (blockbuster saw a loss of $38.1 million in Q2, which, divided amongst around 4 million subscribers to the online service, comes to about $10 more needed per person to break even).

Of course they handled this really poorly (I think being upfront and saying "We are canabalizing ourselves; we need more balance" would have been more effective), but the fact remains that they can handle their business any way they want, and while I really miss unlimited exchanges (and because of the change haven't kept my sub when they canceled it since it's just not something I can afford), one must take into consideration that Netflix is really the only major compitition at this point (esp with Hollywood maybe closing up for good), and blockbuster is still slightly ahead with current plans.

And, just for full disclosure, I do as many people might already know, work in a Blockbuster B&M (although I think I'll be leaving soon with how many crazy policies they've started to enforce and, it's just too much bs to deal with over MOVIES.)

[quote name='Legolas813']1 mailing out at a time (maximum 2 per month) and 2 instore exchanges with no free videogame rentals/month for $7.99.[/quote]

You are getting screwed, why don't you just get Netflix?

I have the cheap plan for $9 I get one DVD at a time, with no monthy limit and I get 9 hours on their new movie viewing thing.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You are getting screwed, why don't you just get Netflix?

I have the cheap plan for $9 I get one DVD at a time, with no monthy limit and I get 9 hours on their new movie viewing thing.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about online viewing. I'm really busy with work and school now so I won't be watching more than 4 movies a month. Not like where I used to be able to watch a rental nearly everyday.

WTF! So a few months ago BBO drove me to downgrade my plan after taking away free game rentals and unlimited exchanges and attempting to raise the price, after me being a member for two and a half years.

Now, they are saying that my current plan (1 mailing out at a time (maximum 2 per month) and 2 instore exchanges for $7.99) is being raised to $9.99 starting December 27th or later. Did not enough people cancel or downgrade last time? Do they want their entire membership base to disappear?

[quote name='Legolas813']WTF! So a few months ago BBO drove me to downgrade my plan after taking away free game rentals and unlimited exchanges and attempting to raise the price, after me being a member for two and a half years.

Now, they are saying that my current plan (1 mailing out at a time (maximum 2 per month) and 2 instore exchanges for $7.99) is being raised to $9.99 starting December 27th or later. Did not enough people cancel or downgrade last time? Do they want their entire membership base to disappear?[/quote]

My $9.99 plan is getting raised to $11.99.

Their new CEO stinks. He publicly said that Total Access was a disaster, and when he lost 25% of TA subscribers, he said that BBO did not want them anyway. He said those customers were bad for Blockbusters business.

I don't remember the link, but I read it it Home Retailing.

Netflix is thrilled this CEO is on board. He is terrible.

Matthew

bread's done
Back