Blu Ray 2 for $25 BBV

JLazzuri

CAGiversary!
Hey guys. Just found out that Blockbuster Video will be putting their previously viewed BluRay on sale. The sale will be 2 for $25 for any title 16.99. There's a pretty good selection at my store, but then again selection may vary. Hope this helps someone pick up a few on the cheap.

[quote name='JLazzuri']It really depends on if you get a cool manager or not as far as returns go. Typically most managers will not let you return a previously viewed movie because of the fact that you could just take it home, watch it, and then return it for as basically a free rental. Now, if there are no other copies of the movie available, a straight return might be an option, but again, that will probably vary store to store.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

[quote name='buster90']No Country for Old Men is n't even worth the $12 considering there is a newer better Blu-Ray version that just got released.[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering that. So the copies of No Country are the original release then? I was going to a BBV I didnt stop at yesterday to see if they have No Country, but if its the orignial release, maybe its not worth it.

I mean the newer release, has a few more extras and a digtial disc right? I believe the video and audio quality are still the same. You know what, for $12.50 I will buy the original, unless I see it cheaper on ebay.

[quote name='JLazzuri']It really depends on if you get a cool manager or not as far as returns go. Typically most managers will not let you return a previously viewed movie because of the fact that you could just take it home, watch it, and then return it for as basically a free rental. Now, if there are no other copies of the movie available, a straight return might be an option, but again, that will probably vary store to store.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

My local BBV has a pretty crappy selection. At any given time they only have like 6 movies to choose from, and they have multiple copies of those. However yesterday I finally found the one I was looking for - The Dark Knight. Considering it's a two-disc, it's a pretty sweet deal. I also grabbed Zack and Miri. Even though I didn't love the flick, I am a Kevin Smith fanboy, so maybe it will grow on me. One more thing though, the Z and M cover has "Blockbuster Exclusive" across the top which is kind of a bummer, but oh well, for $12.50 I'm not complaining.

And when I asked the checkout girl if she had any empty Blu cases behind the counter she looked at me like I had grown a third eye, and basically had no idea what I was talking about.

Edit: I just bought these: http://cgi.ebay.com/10-PCS-BLU-RAY-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
It's 10 cases, shipped for about $10.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody seems to be taking advantage of this at my local BBV. I picked up Dark Knight and Pineapple Express. There was still a HUGE selection when I went.

It's a shame my BBV has a lot of great used Blu Ray films that I would consider picking up but there's no sign about this sale anywhere in the store. Is this just something I need to ask about or should it be advertised?

Picked up Pineapple Express and Punisher: War Zone today. Surprisingly, my Blockbuster had a really nice selection for the sale.

Any idea when the sale is ending? The clerk I asked had no idea, but was guessing it ended tonight.

[quote name='Animal7390']anyone know when this deal ends? if it is still going on tomorrow, then i will be picking up a couple more.[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard of it ending anytime soon. If I had to guess they'll end up keeping it like they have the 4 for $20 or the like.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']You guys do know the sale is on all used blurays 16.99 and UP. According to the signs anyway so all should be part of the sale and I'd wave that in their face.

Mine put out Narnia 2 and Burn After reading (24 and 24). I didn't buy either since BAR is more of a dvd buy than a bluray.

And yes I looked over the fine print, which is how I know it says 16.99 and up.

and...[/QUOTE]

If you look again, it says that titles over $16.99 are excluded from the sale.

[quote name='JLazzuri']Haven't heard of it ending anytime soon. If I had to guess they'll end up keeping it like they have the 4 for $20 or the like.[/QUOTE]

Thinking the same thing here. If anything this has really been a good promotion for Blockbuster since its helping them clear out the titles that are not renting as much. Bummer that they don't have real Blu cases but oh well.

Picked up Death Race and Indy 4 today. Was hoping they put out some new titles but they didnt. Looks like I gotta wait til next Sunday.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Thinking the same thing here. If anything this has really been a good promotion for Blockbuster since its helping them clear out the titles that are not renting as much. Bummer that they don't have real Blu cases but oh well.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the cases, but since they keep in the regular cover art, it's not that expensive to get replacement cases. I'm willing to get 'em in a shitty case and pay an extra $1 to get a replacement, but still save a good $15.

Can you return a previously viewed BRD? I bought quarantine not knowing it was 1st person. Dumb I know but it made me motion sick and not to mention the movie was GARBAGE!

[quote name='srr']Anyone seem Slumdog or Wrestler available (previously viewed blu) yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen those yet, but I haven't been to a BBV in 5 days or so. All of mine seem to have a similar selection. The latest one I have seen put out was Burn After Reading. Anyone know when this deal ends?

Sale is still active in my area. All BBV that I've called said they have no idea when the sale will end...one store employee said they get an email from corporate when the sale is near the end, but she said so far, no emails about it yet.

Bought Iron Man 2-disc and Pineapple Express on blu-ray for $25. They did come in standard DVD cases, but the lady that was working kindly gave me two clear Playstation 3 cases when I asked. I just switched the artwork out of the old boxes and they look good as new

I bought 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' and 'The Bank Job' last night. The employee last night stated that they get a list of movies to add this sale every 10 days or sale, and wasn't sure how long it was going to keep going for. He did say to only expect movies that have already been available for rental for a while.

Jason

[quote name='srr']Anyone seem Slumdog or Wrestler available (previously viewed blu) yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've seen them both at one branch in Honolulu, Hawaii. I'm sure it's upcoming at other places. Note -- "The Wrestler" says "rental exclusive" on the bottom of the front cover, but it's fairly unobtrusive, unlike the big lettering on "Zack and Miri" or "Vicky Cristina Barcelona".

I went today and picked up Punisher and 21. I aksed they clerk when they are going to pull more movies and they said it will only be movies taht have been out around 2 months that they have a lot of copies of. I wanted Changling but he said that won't be pulled anytime soon as they only have 3 copies.

They said some of the new ones to be pulled next are Role Models, Quantum of Solace, Day the Earth Stood Still, Slumdog Millionaire, Marley and Me, and Seven Pounds.

[quote name='buster90']I went today and picked up Punisher and 21. I aksed they clerk when they are going to pull more movies and they said it will only be movies taht have been out around 2 months that they have a lot of copies of. I wanted Changling but he said that won't be pulled anytime soon as they only have 3 copies.

They said some of the new ones to be pulled next are Role Models, Quantum of Solace, Day the Earth Stood Still, Slumdog Millionaire, Marley and Me, and Seven Pounds.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I'll be getting slumdog even though I know it will be re-released in like a year. I wish i didn't pay retail for Quantum of Solace, but that was before the 2 for 25 started, so I didn't know any better.

[quote name='buster90']I went today and picked up Punisher and 21. I aksed they clerk when they are going to pull more movies and they said it will only be movies taht have been out around 2 months that they have a lot of copies of. I wanted Changling but he said that won't be pulled anytime soon as they only have 3 copies.

They said some of the new ones to be pulled next are Role Models, Quantum of Solace, Day the Earth Stood Still, Slumdog Millionaire, Marley and Me, and Seven Pounds.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Changeling (BR) today and they only had 2 rental copies to begin with. So, you may want to check your BBVs again.

fucking eh I went to my blockbuster last week looking for this and I aint see anything about this. Damn it sucks living in a small town. Even my wal-mart only carries maybe 2-3 different blu-rays -.-

[quote name='SakBee']Sale is still active in my area. All BBV that I've called said they have no idea when the sale will end...one store employee said they get an email from corporate when the sale is near the end, but she said so far, no emails about it yet.[/QUOTE]

At this point, I don't think the sale will end anytime soon. If you've noticed, BBV has been running the 3 for $20($14.99 and under) and 4 for $20($9.99 and under) DVD sale for quite an unusual amount of time right now. Usually, corporate switches between the 2 for $20 and 3 for $20 every 2-3 weeks, but it seems like BBV is really trying to drive up revenue. Maybe it's that huge debt they have to pay off? I have no idea, but all I can say is that they are making us workers go crazy. We have to drown our customers with information (such as what sales are going on) every single time they come up to the register just to rent a movie.

All I know regarding this sale right now is that my manager took down the 2 for $25 signs that he had up. I'll try to confirm when this sale ends when I work Monday night. To be honest, if it wasn't for your guys right now I wouldn't have known this sale was still going on.

[quote name='Burchamj']checked 4 for the dark knight, I assume its going to be sold out everywhere[/QUOTE]

i've seen multiple copies of the dark knight everytime i have been since this deal has been going on

unrelated news: Marvel Next Avengers is 12.99 new. I seen Spiderman 3 used for 29.99... thought that was pretty funny, it did however come in a real bluray case.

[quote name='Burchamj']thought that was pretty funny, it did however come in a real bluray case.[/QUOTE]

That was more than likely a copy a customer traded in for store credit.

I hope I find RockNRolla and Role Models soon! I did score a Dewey Cox and Hellboy 2 over the weekend.

I forgot how funny Dewey Cox is: "The wrong son died"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guinness7']Has anybody actually seen new titles added at their stores? For the past two weeks it has been the same stuff.[/QUOTE]

nothing new added in my parts either.

The latest releases I've seen added to the sale are "Synechdoche, New York", "Madagascar 2" and "Frost/Nixon". (I'm in Hawaii.)

[quote name='rkndkn']The latest releases I've seen added to the sale are "Synechdoche, New York", "Madagascar 2" and "Frost/Nixon". (I'm in Hawaii.)[/QUOTE]

Yours seems like one of the only stores that is adding more titles to the sale.

bread's done
Back