Blu Ray 2 for $25 BBV

JLazzuri

CAGiversary!
Hey guys. Just found out that Blockbuster Video will be putting their previously viewed BluRay on sale. The sale will be 2 for $25 for any title 16.99. There's a pretty good selection at my store, but then again selection may vary. Hope this helps someone pick up a few on the cheap.

Finally made it over to one of the BBV by me. Not much of a selection and only 2 or 3 copies of each movie. Picked up Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder. Was thinking about picking up Wanted but I'll wait for the Wrestler or Slumdog to become available.

my BBV sucked pretty bad. I said screw getting any blus and bought Tropic Thunder, Burn After Reading, The Strangers, and Hancock on standard for $20.

So after a while now how is the disc quality of most of your guys purchases? I know Blu-ray has a tough layer to scratch but these are rentals.

Also, when it comes to a movie like Get Smart, are you getting the digital copy disk as well? Or in the case of Speed Race the digital copy code included in a new Bu-ray copy?

[quote name='Despacio']So after a while now how is the disc quality of most of your guys purchases? I know Blu-ray has a tough layer to scratch but these are rentals.

Also, when it comes to a movie like Get Smart, are you getting the digital copy disk as well? Or in the case of Speed Race the digital copy code included in a new Bu-ray copy?[/QUOTE]

The copies of the Fall and Rocknrolla I picked up were perfect. Blu-rays are indeed more scratch resistance but you're basically screwed if there's even one scratch because disc buffers don't work on them. Just check the discs before you buy and you should be fine and you can always exchange them for a working copy.

[quote name='Despacio']So after a while now how is the disc quality of most of your guys purchases? I know Blu-ray has a tough layer to scratch but these are rentals.

Also, when it comes to a movie like Get Smart, are you getting the digital copy disk as well? Or in the case of Speed Race the digital copy code included in a new Bu-ray copy?[/QUOTE]

What I love about Blu Rays is that you never see kids coming in and renting them. It's usually adults who should know how to take care of discs and not scratch them to hell. Out of all the blu rays my store has gotten since November, I think I've only sen 3 not work and that was because people are too stupid to clean fingerprints.

As for the digital copies, most of the movies don't come with them. Some BRs do come with a second disc that has bonus features, such as Prince Caspian, but those are few and far between.

Blockbuster pulled some new titles today FINALLY! Here is what I saw new:

The Spirit
Seven Pounds
Role Models
Quantum of Solace

Thats it I only checked one store I might try some more later this week to see what I find.

Can anyone confirm that this applies to all ex-rental Blu-ray and not just the 16.99 ones. My store has now added quite a few but they all are at prices ranging from $19.99 - $26.99.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Can anyone confirm that this applies to all ex-rental Blu-ray and not just the 16.99 ones. My store has now added quite a few but they all are at prices ranging from $19.99 - $26.99.[/QUOTE]

Give me the name of the titles and I'll check tonight. I'm pretty sure the store just marked them at weird prices by accident. Usually, the Blu Rays take 1-2 days to have the correct price in the system. The store probably priced them too early.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Give me the name of the titles and I'll check tonight. I'm pretty sure the store just marked them at weird prices by accident. Usually, the Blu Rays take 1-2 days to have the correct price in the system. The store probably priced them too early.[/QUOTE]

They've been sitting at these prices for over a week. Off the top of my my head I can think of ....

Doomsday $29.99
Mama Mia $29.99
Quantum of Solace $24.99
Tansporter 3 $24.99

Can't remember what the $19.99 ones were. I'll have to make another run to check them out.

There were several more that were there but I can't remember since its been a few days.

[quote name='ryosnk']Saw these at my local blockbuster:

Role models
step brothers
the spirit
house bunny

Is the fall movie good?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty decent storywise but the visuals in the movie are absolutely amazing and worth seeing on blu-ray.

After about a month, my Blockbuster finally added some more stuff: a shitload of Jumper and some more Twilight (I had purchased the last copy a few weeks ago for my sister).

I'm sort of giving up hope that they'll put out titles like Quantum of Solace (of which they have what looks like 15 copies on the new release shelf) and Slumdog Millionaire (which they only have a few of).

[quote name='AdvOfJet']They've been sitting at these prices for over a week. Off the top of my my head I can think of ....

Doomsday $29.99
Mama Mia $29.99
Quantum of Solace $24.99
Tansporter 3 $24.99

Can't remember what the $19.99 ones were. I'll have to make another run to check them out.

There were several more that were there but I can't remember since its been a few days.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I completely forgot about this thread for a while. I'll check this tomorrow since I have to stop in and drop off movies anyway.

[quote name='ryosnk']Anyone notice any new used blurays at their blockbuster?[/QUOTE]

My store hasn't done a BR Rental to PRP transfer in about 3 weeks I believe. I haven't seen any new movies and it kind of sucks since I want a couple of the ones we have like Taken and Madagascar 2. I also want Michael Clayton, but I haven't seen that one except in one store.

Over the last few days I've gotten:

Quantum of Solace
Incredible Hulk (2008)
Get Smart
The Golden Compass
No Country For Old Men
Hellboy II
Stranger Than Fiction
Mama Mia! (for the fiance ;P )

First four from one Blockbuster, second four from another different one. Come the 30th I'm going to have a hard time not stopping into every Blockbuster I see just to check out their used games and movies. ;P

It's nice to finally start seeing some nice titles.
Now that I know BB is doing this, I can STOP buying NEW discs at $20+. When standard DVD's finally started showing up in big numbers used at BB, I totally stopped buying new.
With Blu Ray having an even better scratch protection, I feel even better about doing the same with Blu Ray.
I look forward to seeing what they show as used tomorrow. The list is growing rather quickly. Very nice, Very Nice.

There's one store here (Hawaii) which seems to pull titles quicker than others, probably due to inventory and how they're renting.

The latest titles I've seen on the sale are Valkyrie, Incendiary, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Reader and My Bloody Valentine.

[quote name='Drek']Come the 30th I'm going to have a hard time not stopping into every Blockbuster I see just to check out their used games and movies. ;P[/QUOTE]

Is there a different sale starting on movies as well? I heard about the B1G1 used game sale but didnt hear anything different on the movie front.

Nothing today it seems they only pull like 3-5 movies a month. Still hoping they pull Slumdog one day they have like 12 for rent just sitting there.

I saw some new titles yesterday marked 16.99. I can't remember them all but I remember the Band of Brothers Blu Rays, Paul Blart, RocknRolla, and Donnie Darko (I'm positive it was donnie darko and not s. darko). Each band of brothers disc was individually marked 16.99 of course. It was not 16.99 for the whole set.

Has anyone else seen new bd's still sealed being sold as new? My bb has two or three; though they aren't any I would buy...except maybe Zohan. The others are Stranger Than Fiction, Cruel Intentions and Beverly Hills Chihuaha.

Those are more than likely, trade-ins. If someone trades in something that's still sealed, most BBVs keep it sealed. Don't know why, but they do.

And here are the prices someone asked about 2 weeks ago. All of them are BRs.

Doomsday $29.99
Mamma Mia $16.99
Quantum of Solace $24.99
Transporter 3 $16.99

I saw Kung Fu Panda at both locations I went to today and picked up Changeling at one. Not sure if Kung Fu Panda has been put in this thread or not.

My blockbuster is runnin low on items I want. So far I have been able to snag Vantage Point, Role Models, The Strangers, Untraceable, The Incredible Hulk and Hellboy 2.. I mite take another trip out there to see if they have any else marked down

Just picked up 2 more, Role Models and The Spirit.

The AWESOME employee at the BBV I was at today converted a copy of The Spirit for sale when he asked me if he could help.

[quote name='bones56']Mine in NY actually stopped this sale, hopefully it comes back soon.[/QUOTE]

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO".
I hope that isn't the plan at all stores.
I was hoping I could totally stop buying new movies (like I did way back when BBV finally started selling used standard DVD's).

Picked up Pineapple Express and Forgetting Sarah Marshall yesterday. Thought about picking up a few more, but held off for the time being. Hopefully they continue running this sale as there's a lot of movies that I'm not willing to pay $20+ for a new blu-ray, but I'll take the plunge for this price.

bread's done
Back