Blu-ray Collection THREAD Show OFF Your Collection

Wow! i only got few Blu Ray Discs but i got more games instead. Still waiting lot blu ray movies drop down $10 or less. I can't afford $15 & Up per movie :)

[quote name='starmask2k3']where did u get that stand and how much[/quote]

I got it at Target and I want to say it cost $60; I have two and I think they're great shelves - surprisingly easy to build as well.

[quote name='erectiontown']you guys are insane... seriously, who the hell is ever gonna watch Hart's War?[/quote]

Agreed. I kind of got wrapped up in the whole DVD collecting thing a few years back. Now all I've got is a bunch of movies I never watch, are outdated technology and could probably sell for pennies on the dollar.

I've got about five Blu Ray discs, and will probably only add more if it's a movie I absolutely adore, or I get it as a gift. Otherwise, renting works for me.

Oh well, to each his own I guess....

IMG_0298.jpg

Hrm. I went back to buying DVD's after HD DVD lost, even though I have a PS3.

Renting for now, and I have my evil eye on those dropping prices of bluray burners/media....

Not Pictured:
Harry Potter HD-DVD boxset (another shelf)

On The Way From Amazon.com:
Bruce Almighty HD-DVD
Evan Almighty HD-DVD
What Dreams May Become HD-DVD
Mallrats HD-DVD

[quote name='Greenboom98']Wow really nice soonerdoc. By the way sooner dock I was admiring your paint on the wall. What kind of paint/pattern did you use? Kind of want to know because I'm moving to a new location soon and would like to get a similar look/feel to my family room. I really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the positive words. I really put a lot of time and effort into setting up that room EXACTLY how I wanted it during construction of new house. If anyone is interested here is a thread I started at AVS forums during initial construction. There are pictures of the theater through construction to finish:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=845509&highlight=

The wall is a product my homebuilder uses. It is a plaster mixed with a very fine sand that is spread on the wall and subsequently color sprayed and laquered (sp?). During the construction of the house we would walk in and there would be big piles of sand on the floor in every room.

As far as the closet, DVD Profiler says I have around 625 DVD/Blurays. Shelves are on sides and back. Not adjustable, but certainly could have been made so during construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my latest pic. It isn't much but getting there slowly since most of the movies are at least 27 on sale when they come out. I only buy them when I see them under 22 or less and when I must have the movie. :whistle2:D. Next week probably pick up X-Men Trilogy which will run me at least 60 :whistle2:(

Bluray_updated_4-13-09.jpg

I need a proper way of storing my media instead of just stacking them on top of my speaker like this... And I just realized that I forgot my Planet of the Apes Blu-ray set, oh well.

IMG_2950.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']Moved to the OT forum, as this isn't deal-related. No other spot seemed to be the right fit than the OT forum.[/QUOTE]

thanks MOD and i tryed working it out with slim buy it didnt work out

[quote name='shrike4242']Moved to the OT forum, as this isn't deal-related. No other spot seemed to be the right fit than the OT forum.[/QUOTE]

thanks Shrike4242 and i tryed work it out with slim but it didnt work out

MattJ1991's Blu-ray Collection

I enjoy looking at other blogs about movie and game collections, so I thought I would post my Blu-ray collection and see what you guys think. I am still missing some big titles such as the Spider-man trilogy and a couple others but I think I have quite a few of the best looking discs (Avatar, Pirates Trilogy etc.).

2yopf87.jpg

2q895dc.jpg

351bhgo.jpg

2jew6tf.jpg

2enq4cz.jpg

353bnuf.jpg

e8505h.jpg

2vjwffd.jpg

eq5u00.jpg

2j1u9o2.jpg

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

33f3xb7.jpg

Well that's all of them, I hope you enjoyed looking through them and post your own collection if you want.
Have a good day CAG's

UPDATEEEEE:

The Aviator
Battlestar Galactica Season 1
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Gremlins
Kick-Ass
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Apocalypse
Resident Evil Extinction
Robin Hood
The Sixth Sense
Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Last edited by a moderator:
My collection is smaller cause I don't buy certain movies on Blu Ray. The only special Blu I own is the Target exclusive version of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull that has the discs packaged with an artbook.

Nice collection by the way.

I have a lot of blu-rays the only problem is there all double stacked on top of and in front of each other on a couple of bookcase shelves. So getting a good picture or a detailed list would be a real pain in the butt.

[quote name='cdeener']My collection is smaller cause I don't buy certain movies on Blu Ray. The only special Blu I own is the Target exclusive version of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull that has the discs packaged with an artbook.

Nice collection by the way.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really into store exclusives, I have yet to find one that interests me.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']
MY EPIC BLU-RAY COLLECTION :​

Shaun of the Dead
Get Smart
[/QUOTE]

Haha, two good choices.

[quote name='SLeeK719']ill take pics later and post them[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing them

When I get home from the gym tonight I'll try and photo all my collection and get it posted since you took my suggestion lol.

[quote name='MattJ1991']I'm not really into store exclusives, I have yet to find one that interests me
[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't know they had it until I went to buy it on sale and they didn't have any on the floor so they found that one in the back.

Only one missing is Zombieland and Book of Eli which my sister in law borrowed and where national treasure is doubled one is the second one but it has the first ones cover as I bought it used. (sorry for some pic quality camera battery was dying so I had to be fast)
blu004.jpg
blu010.jpg
blu012.jpg
blu013.jpg
blu014.jpg
blu016.jpg
blu017.jpg
blu019.jpg
blu022.jpg
blu023.jpg
blu024.jpg
blu027.jpg
blu028.jpg
blu029.jpg
blu030.jpg

Lol at Wanted. I thought that movie would be total shit, was pleasantly surprised, then ran right out after watching it on cable to buy it on Blu. Mark Millar is hit or miss, but when he hits he hits hard. See: Kickass.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol at Wanted. I thought that movie would be total shit, was pleasantly surprised, then ran right out after watching it on cable to buy it on Blu. Mark Millar is hit or miss, but when he hits he hits hard. See: Kickass.[/QUOTE]
I remember reading something about talk of a sequel. Wanted was also actually the very first blu ray I ever bought when I bought my hdtv.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Really? THREE copies of New Moon? Seriously?[/QUOTE]
My wife lol; there was four copies but I made her sell one if she wanted the future shop steel book new moon/twilight combo.

Picture139.jpg

Waiting for the remastered Gangs of New York to sit between Raging Bull and There Will be Blood(Hurry up Deep Discount)

Picture140.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture143.jpg

The four unopened movies on the bottom are Minority Report, Walk The Line, Eyes Wide Shut, and King Kong. Also snagged Gremlins and Cinderella Man today(forgot to put in picture).

Picture144.jpg

Also have Entourage Season 6 on blu ray but its with it's the rest of the DVD seasons.

[quote name='blissskr']Only one missing is Zombieland and Book of Eli which my sister in law borrowed and where national treasure is doubled one is the second one but it has the first ones cover as I bought it used. (sorry for some pic quality camera battery was dying so I had to be fast)
blu004.jpg
blu010.jpg
blu012.jpg
blu013.jpg
blu014.jpg
blu016.jpg
blu017.jpg
blu019.jpg
blu022.jpg
blu023.jpg
blu024.jpg
blu027.jpg
blu028.jpg
blu029.jpg
blu030.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thats a great collection man, thanks for sharing. You have quite a few I've been meaning to pick up.

[quote name='SLeeK719']
Picture139.jpg

Waiting for the remastered Gangs of New York to sit between Raging Bull and There Will be Blood(Hurry up Deep Discount)

Picture140.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture143.jpg

The four unopened movies on the bottom are Minority Report, Walk The Line, Eyes Wide Shut, and King Kong. Also snagged Gremlins and Cinderella Man today(forgot to put in picture).

Picture144.jpg

Also have Entourage Season 6 on blu ray but its with it's the rest of the DVD seasons.
[/QUOTE]

All of your blu-rays are great dude, I am definitely jealous

How do you guys feel about Blu's in DVD cases? I got like 22 movies from closing Hollywood videos, and I don't know where to get replacement cases, but this doesn't bother me too much. Does anyone know any sites with cheap replacement cases, though?

My collection in spoilers (no pictures)
50 First Dates
Cars
the Dark Knight
Dejavu
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
G-Force
the Hangover Unrated
Inglorious Bastards 2-Disc Special Edition
Lost Season 3
Ultimate Matrix Collection
Pinocchio 70th Anniversary Edition