Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
to buddies, or not to buddies...

that is the question.

also if anyone is on the fence about Real Steel still, I highly suggest it! I got around to watching it last night and really enjoyed it

My daughter has been bugging me about Treasure Buddies, I'll just wait for the price to go down!

@Penguin1084, that movie really surprised me too! It was nothing what I expected it to be. How many of you remember Robot Jox from the early 90's. lol

[quote name='skiizim']@Penguin1084, that movie really surprised me too! It was nothing what I expected it to be. How many of you remember Robot Jox from the early 90's. lol[/QUOTE]

"Crash and burn!"

[quote name='skiizim']My daughter has been bugging me about Treasure Buddies, I'll just wait for the price to go down!

@Penguin1084, that movie really surprised me too! It was nothing what I expected it to be. How many of you remember Robot Jox from the early 90's. lol[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one! haha but nope I don't remember Robot Jox.

I was born in 90 >.

[quote name='Bluecomputerpro']robot jox was an awesome move for its time. even with the test tube babies[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I don't know about that. I was in jr. high or HS when I saw that (on HBO, I believe), and my friends and I realized even then that it was a pretty bad movie. But we still adopted the "crash and burn" mantra (must be accompanied by a fist bump), largely because the movie was high-grade cheese.

[quote name='Animal7390']lady and the tramp is now live, its an upgrade coupon so use this upc: 786936284058
type that into the code entry box then print.[/QUOTE]

Do we know if it will be a better deal in store or on Amazon yet? I have a $10 coupon order still there but I'm worried it will be cheaper elsewhere.

[quote name='Blaster man']Do we know if it will be a better deal in store or on Amazon yet? I have a $10 coupon order still there but I'm worried it will be cheaper elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
You have all the info now. You will need to make that determination since I have no clue what the Amazon offer was.

All I know is I will most likely grab mine at Best Buy with this...
$24.99 (non-DC version)
- $5 (disney dvd trade in)
- $5 (disney coupon)
--------
$14.99 + Free Plush

Currently at Coupons.com for Blu-ray:

http://www.coupons.com/

Date Night - $4.00
Legally Blonde - $3.00
When Harry Met Sally - $3.00
Just Wright - $4.00
Knight and Day - $4.00
Ever After - $3.00
Moulin Rouge - $3.00
Romeo and Juliet - $3.00

Is it a certainty that we can combine the $5 Disney Trade-In coupon and $8 mfg coupon (for the 3-disc Lady and the Tramp) at Best Buy?

I'm hoping to get reports that we can do it from the East Coast CAG tomorrow. There are posts back a few pages about the same deal with a different movie and they were able to stack them. But BB is totally YMMV on every purchase.

[quote name='Blaster man']Do we know if it will be a better deal in store or on Amazon yet? I have a $10 coupon order still there but I'm worried it will be cheaper elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
I stuck it out and it dropped to $17.99 after coupon for the DC version. Basically, if you go the BB route you end up paying roughly a dollar less after tax but get the plush. DC vs plush is what you should decide on.

FYI - My Lady and the Tramp coupon did not correctly apply to my Target receipt when I bought it and another Disney movie. I received only the $8 combo discount and not the coupon. Now I have to go back to Target later in the week to get the price adjustment or return both movies. Also, the $8 off combo offer is good with all Disney Bluray/DVD Combo packs.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Is it a certainty that we can combine the $5 Disney Trade-In coupon and $8 mfg coupon (for the 3-disc Lady and the Tramp) at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
Fairly certain. Insales past I never had any trouble combining the store deal with the Disney coupon.

best buy should be fine, as always ymmv not matter what.
tru, appears the systems isnt fully updated yet, going today, will report back. you may need a manager override

ust got Lady and the Tramp on Blu-ray combo (3 disc (Blu, DVD, Digital) for $2.89 at TRU!!

Picked up a reserve ticket for The Muppets, it gives you $10 off instantly and $5 free gift card (have to put a $5 deposit down, but you can refund it later for a $5 TRU Merchandise Card if you don't want it).

The breakdown ends up like this

Pre-order $5.00

Blu-ray $34.99
ON SALE $24.99
Discount -$10.00
New Price $14.99

Coupon -$8.00
New Price $6.99

(add in the $5.00 preorder)

Subtotal $11.99
Tax $0.90 (Florida)
Total $12.89

Gift Card -$5.00
New Total $7.89

Preorder $5.00
Blu Ray $2.89

[quote name='deeniebee']ust got Lady and the Tramp on Blu-ray combo (3 disc (Blu, DVD, Digital) for $2.89 at TRU!!

Picked up a reserve ticket for The Muppets, it gives you $10 off instantly and $5 free gift card (have to put a $5 deposit down, but you can refund it later for a $5 TRU Merchandise Card if you don't want it).

Pre-order $5.00

Blu-ray $34.99
ON SALE $24.99
Discount -$10.00
New Price $14.99

Coupon -$8.00
New Price $6.99

Subtotal $11.99
Tax $0.90 (Florida)
Total $12.89

Gift Card -$5.00
New Total $7.89

Preorder $5.00
Blu Ray $2.89[/QUOTE]

hmmmm, someone should try buying 2 with this method. I may have to step into a TRU for the first time in half a year.

Oh and for those that have it, Amazons trade in program (super easy to use, I traded in $127 dollars worth of dvd's and got a gift card that I used to buy a stroller!) is giving up to $13.00 (brand new) (used $11.05) back for the Platinum edition of the Lady and the Tramp dvd!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deeniebee']ust got Lady and the Tramp on Blu-ray combo (3 disc (Blu, DVD, Digital) for $2.89 at TRU!!

Pre-order $5.00

Blu-ray $34.99
ON SALE $24.99
Discount -$10.00
New Price $14.99

Coupon -$8.00
New Price $6.99

Subtotal $11.99
Tax $0.90 (Florida)
Total $12.89

Gift Card -$5.00
New Total $7.89

Preorder $5.00
Blu Ray $2.89[/QUOTE]

The TRU I went to in CA said the gift card I received in this transaction wouldn't be activated until 6 hours had gone by so YMMV on this one.

...[/QUOTE]

No, you didn't. I'm pretty sure your receipt says you paid $12.89. Post your receipt if it says otherwise.

[quote name='basketb']No, you didn't. I'm pretty sure your receipt says you paid $12.89. Post your receipt if it says otherwise.[/QUOTE]
That should be about right. The total comes to 11.99 +tax, $5 of that is the gift card, $5 of that is The Muppets pre-order, which leaves 1.99 for Lady & the Tramp.

[quote name='ackbar7']That should be about right. The total comes to 11.99 +tax, $5 of that is the gift card, $5 of that is The Muppets pre-order, which leaves 1.99 for Lady & the Tramp.[/QUOTE]

Thank you ackbar7, that was my point. I may have paid out $12.89, but $5.00 was for the preorder and by getting a $5 gift card back that's $5 in my pocket to use either on the Muppets pre-order or food for my 2 year old, hence paying only $2.89 for the item. I posted everything that was involved- I don't mind getting the $5 back via a gift card, cause frankly I'm at TRU all the time what with said 2 year old.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=335715

[quote name='coopscohen']The TRU I went to in CA said the gift card I received in this transaction wouldn't be activated until 6 hours had gone by so YMMV on this one.[/QUOTE]

Opps, sorry coopscohen if I did not make that clear. Yes, you can not immediately use the gift card to take money off the transaction. It can be used later to take the $5 off the Muppets when you get it or used for another transaction.

[quote name='deeniebee']
Picked up a reserve ticket for The Muppets, it gives you $10 off instantly and $5 free gift card (have to put a $5 deposit down, but you can refund it later for a $5 TRU Merchandise Card if you don't want it).[/QUOTE]

So apparently, the $5 gift card was actually for buying The Lady and the Tramp (it's in TRU's ad for the week (which I had not seen when I had gone to pick it up there).

Serendipity, Shakespeare in Love, and She's All That are on sale this week at Best Buy for 5.99 - 2.00 coupon make them 3.99 and tax

The coupon only lets you print one per computer instead of the usual two prints

Coupon can be found again at coupons.com

Pre-order $5.00

Blu-ray $34.99
ON SALE $24.99
Discount -$10.00
New Price $14.99

Coupon -$8.00
New Price $6.99

Subtotal $11.99
Tax $0.90 (Florida)
Total $12.89

Gift Card -$5.00
New Total $7.89

Preorder $5.00
Blu Ray $2.89[/QUOTE]

My wife was with me when I took advantage of this cascading deal and she actually got turned on by the sheer audacity of the bargain. She was like, "How did you do that? Can I see the receipt. That was AMAZING."

I explained how I'd been doing this with Disney Blus for a couple years now and she was like, "Do it MORE."

So thanks for that. ;)

[quote name='Tybee']My wife was with me when I took advantage of this cascading deal and she actually got turned on by the sheer audacity of the bargain. She was like, "How did you do that? Can I see the receipt. That was AMAZING."

I explained how I'd been doing this with Disney Blus for a couple years now and she was like, "Do it MORE."

So thanks for that. ;)[/QUOTE]
I still miss deals like Toy Story 1 & 2. If I remember right TRU actually paid me a couple of dollars to get those movie. Gotta love the Disney Blu-rays at TRU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back