Blue Dragon $5 FS @ Buy.com (via eToys) - some exceptions

gantt

CAGiversary!
Back again.
SKU is 204110362.

The $5 with free shipping deal from eToys has been going in and out of stock. You were warned. Also:
"eToys is unable to fulfill/ship orders for AL,AZ,CO,LA,MO,or OK addresses through Buy.com"

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW mine came with the original folded corner seal. It also had the packing slip w/ babyuniverse.com and toysrus return address.

[quote name='gantt']Nope: mine also appears to be a reseal: shrinkwrap with seam around edge, not cellophane-type with folded corners. Also what sounds like a little piece of plastic sliding around inside. There is, however, a Xbox COA sticker on the side edge that seems to be intact.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. This description exactly matches the copy I picked up at TRU this week, which was marked as "Used." From talking to the store director, the used games are being supplied by an outside vendor. Perhaps the source is the same as these from eToys?

I happen to live in AL, which is one of the restricted states, but I found that by going to etoys site directly, I could still place the order (but free shipping is not available). A whopping .38 in sales tax makes it $10.36 total. I guess I still can't really beat that deal on such an incredible game.

I had this in the past, beat it and loved it. I sold it along with about 50 other 360 games when I rage sold almost all my 360 games do to their shitty support. :cry: I just ordered a copy back for teh future. Anyone know what they ship with? USPS, UPS, UFO, etc......

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']Interesting. This description exactly matches the copy I picked up at TRU this week, which was marked as "Used." From talking to the store director, the used games are being supplied by an outside vendor. Perhaps the source is the same as these from eToys?[/QUOTE]

The order page said "Brand New", but you bought it in identical condition from the same company and it was marked "Used."

"Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong."

I know it's just $5, but dodgy is dodgy.

Aw, Geoffrey, I miss the days when I was a kid and had faith in you.

[quote name='gantt']The order page said "Brand New", but you bought it in identical condition from the same company and it was marked "Used."

"Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong."

I know it's just $5, but dodgy is dodgy.

Aw, Geoffrey, I miss the days when I was a kid and had faith in you.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to make of it either, but I just ordered from buy.com and will return my copy to TRU if the order goes through.

My TRU recently got a large assortment of "used" games that appear to be factory sealed, or resealed, for PS2, PS3, PSP, 360 and Wii. These are all marked with green stickers on the spine stating they're used, but most do not appear to be. Prices range from $10 to $20.

My theory is that TRU purchased a bunch of close-out games (reseals, returns and the like) through this outside vendor, and is selling them as "used" in order to get their fledgling used game program off the ground. Then once they've acquired enough used games from customers trading them in, they'll get their own stock back out in stores.

But who really knows?

*sigh*

$5 is a steal for this game I'm sure. But I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Who knows when or if I'd ever get around to even playing it.

Got mine today (you can check back on page 2, bottom to see when it was confirmed) brand new, sealed.

Was waiting for this deal to come back. Thanks for posting. I loved Lost Odyssey and have been waiting to play the first Mistwalker game for a while. Can't go wrong for $5.30.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']I don't know what to make of it either, but I just ordered from buy.com and will return my copy to TRU if the order goes through.

My TRU recently got a large assortment of "used" games that appear to be factory sealed, or resealed, for PS2, PS3, PSP, 360 and Wii. These are all marked with green stickers on the spine stating they're used, but most do not appear to be. Prices range from $10 to $20.

My theory is that TRU purchased a bunch of close-out games (reseals, returns and the like) through this outside vendor, and is selling them as "used" in order to get their fledgling used game program off the ground. Then once they've acquired enough used games from customers trading them in, they'll get their own stock back out in stores.

But who really knows?[/QUOTE]

Well, to be honest, there's a lot of discussion on CAG about reseals because of equating shrinkwrap and reseal. That's not necessarily the case - pun intended! (although I would submit that the vast majority of new 360, PS3 and PS2 games (those are the platforms I'm most familiar with) have been produced with poly overwrap, not shrinkwrap).

I have to admit that new games *could* legitimately be produced with shrinkwrap.

The thing that makes me think my Blue Dragon *might* be new (not a reseal) is the back has "Disc made in Mexico" stamped on the shrinkwrap. It seems unlikely that ToysRUs or another third party seller would be doing that. Unless someone's sending used product back to a manufacturer to be resealed...

[quote name='cmahoney']They canceled my order and refunded me. Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Its happened to several of us (myself included), for no reason. Some have been able to successfully re-order and some havent. I took it a destiny for me not to get it and moved on. ;)

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Its happened to several of us (myself included), for no reason. Some have been able to successfully re-order and some havent. I took it a destiny for me not to get it and moved on. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just got an email saying mine was shipped out yesterday along with a tracking #. Lucky I guess.

[quote name='mindatlarge']This has a 79 metascore...looks like its worth the $5![/QUOTE]
I bought it for $13 a few years ago and was pretty happy with my investment. Really the only bad things about the game are it's obsession with "poo" and the optional click-on-every-single-object-in-the-game-world concept.

Getting all the achievements are pretty time consuming. You have to max-out each character 7 times for a handful of the achievements and that takes some serious time, even if you abuse a exp-boosting loophole in the game.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Got mine in the mail yesterday from an order on the 12th. Sealed, not resealed.[/QUOTE]

What carrier do they use? I got a tracking number but it doesn't work with UPS or USPS.

[quote name='myiamoto']What carrier do they use? I got a tracking number but it doesn't work with UPS or USPS.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess SmartPost? The tracking # I got never traced city to city, just that it was being handed off to someone else for final delivery. Don't have the package in front of me, but, if I can find it, I'll check.

Got mine today too... at first it made me wonder when I ordered something from Toys R Us, but I guess that's who e-Toys distributes through?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Got mine today too... at first it made me wonder when I ordered something from Toys R Us, but I guess that's who e-Toys distributes through?[/QUOTE]

As previously stated here, ToysRUs owns eToys, so you did effectively order from ToysRUs.

bread's done
Back