Blue Dragon Question

cdubya42

CAG Veteran
I found Blue Dragon at K-Mart for 19.99 and was curious if it was worth it I've a few people looking for it but not sure if it was just due to it being 7 or 8 bucks at the time at any rate.. thanks in advance.

c w

[quote name='cdubya42']I found Blue Dragon at K-Mart for 19.99 and was curious if it was worth it I've a few people looking for it but not sure if it was just due to it being 7 or 8 bucks at the time at any rate.. thanks in advance.

c w[/quote]

You will get over 40 hours of decent traditional RPG gameplay out of it. For $20, it's ridiculously a steal.

~HotShotX

I would get Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, or Oblivion before Blue Dragon, but you can't beat Blue Dragon's price. All those other games would cost more, even used.

loved Mass Effect.. once i picked it up i couldn't stop playing it. great RPG.. btw thanks for all the replies they do help.. i tried the demo of Blue Dragon and it's battle system is setup alot like FF's from what i can tell.. which is fine but the main thing to me isn't just the gameplay it's got to have a good story for me to dedicate the time to it.. unless it's a racing or sports title where you are the story then every thing is based on the gameplay

[quote name='cdubya42']loved Mass Effect.. once i picked it up i couldn't stop playing it. great RPG.. btw thanks for all the replies they do help.. i tried the demo of Blue Dragon and it's battle system is setup alot like FF's from what i can tell.. which is fine but the main thing to me isn't just the gameplay it's got to have a good story for me to dedicate the time to it.. unless it's a racing or sports title where you are the story then every thing is based on the gameplay[/quote]

Don't get Blue Dragon for the story. BD's appeal is if you like the traditional JRPG turn based gameplay and an 'adventure' feeling. But the story that ties it all together is, well, not good.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']Don't get Blue Dragon for the story. BD's appeal is if you like the traditional JRPG turn based gameplay and an 'adventure' feeling. But the story that ties it all together is, well, not good.[/quote]
Not to mention that the characters aren't particularly interesting. Solid, well-developed characters can drive an otherwise lackluster story, but BD misses the mark.

I did like the gameplay though, and for $20 wouldn't regret buying it (I actually paid $16 for my copy).

I paid $59.99 and still dont regret it. I put over 70 Hours and and got all 1000 points. For $20 or less its a no brainer if you like RPG's.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I would get Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, or Oblivion before Blue Dragon, but you can't beat Blue Dragon's price. All those other games would cost more, even used.[/quote]

This was my thought as well, I bought Blue Dragon at TRU back in the spring for $15 and played it for about 2 days before it went back into its case.

While I'm sure I'll eventually get around to playing it again the other games listed above are worth checking out first, especially Lost Odyssey.

bread's done
Back