Blur - $20 Off Manufacturer Coupon

[quote name='EvilPirateJohn']Fail, at the Kmart in Richmond, Michigan. The clerk called the manager over, and she told me that they aren't allowed to take anymore online coupons from anywere besides Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Same story with the Kmart in Eatontown NJ.

My wife got the last copy in one of the Tampa Best Buys. It was $12.09 after tax. They let her use the Reward Zone coupon and manufactures coupon.

[quote name='Alkane']Same story with the Kmart in Eatontown NJ.[/QUOTE]

Don't lose heart Kmart shoppers. They've always been grossly inconsistent with accepting coupons/price matches/general comprehension. A different Kmart (or even a different shift) changes things considerably... at least they've been like that for me in the past.

On another note, I'm still looking like crazy for that reward zone $10 thing... any help? Wasn't in my inbox. Do I have to present something for it or is it just having them scan my RZ card? (I am a Gamer Zone member)

Hey Richard (or anyone who got the RZ and manufacturer's to stack), did you print/show anything to get the RZ discount or did it just go after they scanned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon scanned perfectly at the Kmart in Torrington, CT. Got my $20 Blur with no trouble at all. Still had 6 copies left.

@manlai if you are talking about the $10 off coupon for blur you have to go to gamer zone page and click on the special offers section i think its the fourth one down.

[quote name='cgm92284']@manlai if you are talking about the $10 off coupon for blur you have to go to gamer zone page and click on the special offers section i think its the fourth one down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, found it in the other RZ thread as well. I had some trouble with the site because it was bouncing me around in between login and the RZ signup page for quite a few times before it finally realized I logged in about 10 times -.-

Now hopefully it'll stack...

[quote name='TheHostileDwarf']My Best Buy wouldn't take the coupon because it says "Not valid with any other offers or discounts." I hate Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's really up to the manager you get. I got some cunt blonde that just flat out refused. :\

Heck ya just went to best buy and coupon worked got BLUR for $20 best deal ive gotton in a while. Only good thing bout living in montana is no sales tax otherwise it sucks.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, it's really up to the manager you get. I got some cunt blonde that just flat out refused. :\[/QUOTE]

Same story here in West Des Moines, IA.

Worked for me in Wichita, KS. $22.51 here.

Cashier would not accept RZ card entered along with it (and I didn't figure she would).

[quote name='IOWABERG']Same story here in West Des Moines, IA.[/QUOTE]
The trick is to walk them through it if they don't understand, because less thinking equals more success. Getting a manager involved lowers that rate by 90%.

[quote name='Jodou']The trick is to walk them through it if they don't understand, because less thinking equals more success. Getting a manager involved lowers that rate by 90%.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the manager thing. I just came back pissed from the Best Buy (Gulfgate) that is 2-3 minutes away from me. I approached it the wrong way.

1) Called the store to hold 1 copy for me (1st mistake)
2) Went to customer service to get the game and shy Hispanic girl tried to check me out there. (2nd mistake: Getting checked out at customer service.)
3) She called the damn manager to see how to apply the 2nd coupon I gave her (3rd mistake: Didn't try to walk her through it.)
4) Manager read the coupon and said it couldn't be applied because it was 2 offers. I said, "Even though one is from BB and the other from the MFG?" "Yes," she said.

I should have just asked for the game and went to check out in the front. Avoid what my dumbass did :wall:

I had the same issue, mfc didn't work because BB counted the markdown as a discount already, so when she rung up the coupon, nothing was taken off.

$20 is $20, it's not killing me or anything but i just wish I didn't go through all the trouble I went through to wake up early, print the ticket, and haul ass to BB.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, it's really up to the manager you get. I got some cunt blonde that just flat out refused. :\[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's what I did wrong, I didn't even ask for a manager, it was seriously crowded in there and I just wanted to make things go as fast as possible, so I didn't bother fighting, I just paid for everything. Again, it would have been nice to only pay $20 but paying another $20 isn't killing me.

The manager at BB seriously accused me of making a copy because the coupon doesn't print with a URL. I said, I swear I just printed this off a computer and he was like, really? 'cos this is a copy. Do you have the original?

sweet deal, got it for 9.99 no question asked, they had to override but she went ahead and did it, might pick up another later this week.

also, grabbed the 360 Arcade for 99.99 after pm'd with Walmart ad instead of $50 GC they gave me $30GC and took $20 off the price.

First trip in i bought a 360 copy and the girl was having some issues so i told her a friend of mine use to work for BB and she needed to hit the F7 key, she did this and put in $20 and i was off with my first copy at $12.xx. My next trip in i took 2 copies of 360 and 1 PS3 copy and i of course went to the same young female cashier. Told her some friends wants some copies but told her she may have to ring up seperately which she did so all in all i got 4 copies at 12.xx each. Woot woot!

I wish there was some way to print more coupons!

Best Buy Alpharetta, GA store #516 wouldn't honor the $20 off coupon. Didn't even try the RZ coupon. My girl had to call and complain, now they're saying they'll honor it, but to be honest, I'd rather pay $20 more at another retailer just for them jerking me around.

They've gone down the tubes since Circuit City died.

[quote name='ballbarfer']First trip in i bought a 360 copy and the girl was having some issues so i told her a friend of mine use to work for BB and she needed to hit the F7 key, she did this and put in $20 and i was off with my first copy at $12.xx. My next trip in i took 2 copies of 360 and 1 PS3 copy and i of course went to the same young female cashier. Told her some friends wants some copies but told her she may have to ring up seperately which she did so all in all i got 4 copies at 12.xx each. Woot woot!

I wish there was some way to print more coupons![/QUOTE]

dude you already got 4 be happy with that-no need to rape the system-or hoarde them all-

What worked for me was making them understand the publisher is reimbursing them the $20 once they figured that out they didn't care and gave it to me no problem

Just got back from Best Buy in Cambridge, MA. $11.86. Just got the game, went to the cashier, gave her the game, she rung it up to $40 without looking at the coupons. Gave them to her again, she tossed them in the computer, $11.86. No questions asked, super easy.

Still a few copies of the PS3 version left about 15 minutes ago, probably the 360 version too, didn't check. Was kinda empty in there, only one cashier working too. Weird for a Sunday at the mall and on Father's Day.

got it for $10 at BB. They had to override but they did it no questions. Great steal. Even ran into another CAG while there!

I ended up going to Target and having them price match then take the extra $20 off. Took a few minutes since the girl in electronics couldn't do it and I had to go over to customer service, but everyone was nice and didn't even argue the least bit about it.

The kinda cute girl in electronics was being kind of flirty too so kinda bonus?

Anyway, game got marked down to $20 and I had like $28 in gift cards so picked it up for no cost out of pocket (which is why I went to target in the first place). Thank you once again CAG.

Side note, I really don't understand why any store wouldn't accept the manufacture coupon, I mean literally everyone wins. The customer is happy they got the game for less, the store gets the money paid to them by the manufacture.

[quote name='jbman289']I just got back from Kmart and got the game for $23.39 with the Kmart exclusive Chrome BMW code. :D[/QUOTE]

Just a note though, for anyone wondering: none of the exclusive cars are actually exclusive, they're simply unlocked immediately rather than having to unlock them later. The Chrome BMW is the one odd one, in that you unlock it with a button code instead.

No go at Mall of Georgia Best Buy. Apparently I got a trainee on the register and the manager was only standing a couple of steps away. Got the "only one discount applies" line. This is the reason I almost never shop at BB anymore.

Got mine no hassle, make sure they scan the game, then the reward zone coupon, THEN the manufacturer's coupon. My cashier just typed in "MFG COUPON -$20.00" and blam .. $12.46 out the door.

Had issues at Kmart not being able to find the game, Went to Walmart with Kmarts ad and they priced match and took the coupon with no problems.

I had to move my printer from the desktop to my laptop and it either jammed or had some other trouble the max number of times allowed to print the coupon. Woe is me.

Got it to work at the blockbuster in Okemos, MI. The cashier rung both coupons through without question but he was having some trouble inputting the manufacturer coupon.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Got it to work at the blockbuster in Okemos, MI. The cashier rung both coupons through without question but he was having some trouble inputting the manufacturer coupon.[/QUOTE]

efirst cag I have seen around my area:bouncy:

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
Side note, I really don't understand why any store wouldn't accept the manufacture coupon, I mean literally everyone wins. The customer is happy they got the game for less, the store gets the money paid to them by the manufacture.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This isn't BB RZ coupons where they pratically give the games away for free (and sometimes they do).

If anyone's getting hurt, it's Activision since they may not have known that a couple of stores were going to put the game on sale at $40, unlikely though.

I'm shocked that the manufacturer's coupon is the one causing all the trouble.

The RZ coupon is the one that should glitch, since it technically isn't valid (Blur being discounted to $40 already). I guess they haven't added the dreaded asterisk yet....

Got it for $9.99 in Tualatin, OR this morning, they had several left at that time. The manager had to be called over, but to my surprise he said "that's fine."

[quote name='Zippon']I'm shocked that the manufacturer's coupon is the one causing all the trouble.

The RZ coupon is the one that should glitch, since it technically isn't valid (Blur being discounted to $40 already). I guess they haven't added the dreaded asterisk yet....[/QUOTE]

It's not as much as one coupon causing the problem vs another coupon, but rather trying to use both coupons on the same item.

Scan the RZcoupon first, then the mfr coupon and an uninformed clerk may not let it fly. Reverse the order and it sounds like it definitely won't take both coupons.

Worse case scenario is to only use the Mfr coupon and get the game for 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected, I got shot down here in Texas. And it was due to the "sale price" asterisk being added. It may be a late-day correction.

I used the same routine as everyone else. The cashier was really cool, too. The RZ coupon scanned, but took $0.00 off. That's when I noticed the asterisk. He fiddled with it for a while and finally did an override. Then he scanned the mfr coupon, while I mentioned it may require an F7. It scanned just fine, but also resulted in a $0.00 discount. It wouldn't allow him to key in the $20, so he called over a manager.

The manager was nice, and he agreed to enter the mfr coupon amount, but it glitched on him. Then he noticed the RZ coupon and said that was the issue. It wasn't valid on the sale price, and the two overrides on one transaction were causing it to fail. He never got nasty, but he said I could only use the mfr coupon. Since he was 100% correct about the RZ coupon, I thanked him and said I was going to pass. No point in arguing.

Congrats to the many who got it to work, but it's definitely a YMMV loophole. Maybe this fix is only local.

Hmm im in DFW area, and got it to work for me with no hassles at the South Dallas location on I-30. In line in front of me looked to be another CAG member as they had both coupons too!

Actually got shot down at Walmart this morning. They said they couldn't PM and apply a coupon. I thought that would work at Walmart for sure. Based on reading the threads sounds like Walmart is YMMV for this too.

Worked out well for me. After getting rejected at Walmart, I went to BB, which had just opened. A few hiccups with the order in which the cashier wanted to ring it, but once she did it in the right order, out the door for $12.xx.

I don't understand how everyone is getting it so cheap, it's $20 off a $60 game, what am I missing. Is it discounted everywhere?

bread's done
Back