Blur - $20 Off Manufacturer Coupon

[quote name='gokou1628']I went to my local kmart (Temple City, CA), and they wouldn't even take the coupon, saying it's missing a "logo" at the bottom right corner or something, they think it's a counterfeit -.-, even though I printed right off of http://www.blurgamepromotion.com/ ... lame[/QUOTE]

The K-Mart I went to wanted to verify it with the Loss Prevention Officer, who conveniently wasn't in that day.

Edit: Nevermind. The thing requires IE - doesn't interact nice with a Firefox that has adblocking software on. Don't Save to desktop and run the exe afterwards, just make it Run by hitting the "Run" button on the Save As prompt.

Don't like the way it works, but whatever. Saving $20!

[quote name='Keirnoth']I can't for the life of me to get the damn coupon to print.

I installed the Coupon "program", which is just a freakin URL pointing to the coupons.com site. It takes me to the site, looks like it's working, but I get redirected to a page where I browse for useless crap intsead of printing the Blur coupon.

Is it supposed to auto-print to the printer when you click the Coupons shortcut, or are you allowed to print it yourself? Does the Blur coupon come up as its own webpage you can print? etc

I just want to know cos this is driving me freakin' bananas. I'm using Windows 7 Professional. Tried it with both IE and Firefox. :/[/QUOTE]

have you done a virus scan recently? do you have some weird toolbar installed?

what usually happens when you click on print coupon is that you see a page with a little animated gif of a computer sending .... to a printer. there's no dialogue box. It just goes straight to printer.

When it's done, the page refreshed to the blur page with that character from the commercials.

Going to try to get both versions tomorrow. I love my 360 with Live, but I need more games for my PS3.... hm.

I'll pay for shipping/cost of the game and a little extra for your trouble if anyone would like to get me an Xbox 360 copy. Couldn't get the coupon to print. :(

Is this right?

Scan the item, scan the RZ card, scan the $10 RZ Gaming coupon, and scan the $20 Manufacturer coupon, swipe the credit card, enter the PIN#, press yes, take the receipt, show to the Loss Preventor then walk out to door with a big smile!

very tempting for $10 or even $20 but I have had no interest in arcade racers since brunout paradise. I guess I'll save my money on this one.

[quote name='Trace17']Blur will be $39.99 next week at Best Buy!! :D[/QUOTE]

I was nervous when I found this deal last week and it spread like wildfire that I wouldn't be able to get it. But went to Best Buy today, they had plenty of copies, and walked out with my PS3 copy of Blur for $12.54. One of the best deals I've seen.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Is this right?

Scan the item, scan the RZ card, scan the $10 RZ Gaming coupon, and scan the $20 Manufacturer coupon, swipe the credit card, enter the PIN#, press yes, take the receipt, show to the Loss Preventor then walk out to door with a big smile![/QUOTE]

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I had the RZ coupon out with the game, he scanned the item and the coupon (after the item, a screen came up saying "reward zone members can save $10 on this item this week" or something like that) then I kept the $20 coupon in my wallet and pulled that out.

I keep getting this... I haven't printed it yet.

Sorry! You have already printed
this coupon the number of times allowed.

360 version was OOS at the Tallahassee, FL Best Buy (didn't look for PS3), but managed to pick up the last 2 360 copies at KMart. Had 1 PS3 copy left in stock too.

40$ not too bad for 2 copies of a 60 dollar game :)

I got the 360 version at Best Buy today for $12 or so with the manufacturer's coupon and the Reward Zone $10 off coupon. Pretty nifty deal! :)

[quote name='Phayze']I keep getting this... I haven't printed it yet.

Sorry! You have already printed
this coupon the number of times allowed.

[/QUOTE]
For some reason it thinks you have printed off two copies already. You're going to need to print from a different PC I believe. I dont think there is any way around it.

I just went to my local Best Buy and this did not work at all. The guy was suh an asshole to me....I tried to explain to him this was just a manufcturer's coupon and he was told not to take these anymore from his company so I guess I missed out.

[quote name='StriderJ23']I just went to my local Best Buy and this did not work at all. The guy was suh an asshole to me....I tried to explain to him this was just a manufcturer's coupon and he was told not to take these anymore from his company so I guess I missed out.[/QUOTE]

My wife got the same spiel on Sunday. She tried again this morning at the same store but with a different cashier and got both coupons to work. Go figure.

I tried this at 2 Best Buys and before I even showed them the damn print out, they said they "don't take those." Both stores...the cashiers were well briefed on this. fuck Best Buy! Worst Buy is more like it...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Is this right?

Scan the item, scan the RZ card, scan the $10 RZ Gaming coupon, and scan the $20 Manufacturer coupon, swipe the credit card, enter the PIN#, press yes, take the receipt, show to the Loss Preventor then walk out to door with a big smile![/QUOTE]
I wish it was that easy. I've been to 2 Best Buy's in San Antonio, TX and was told "You can use one coupon or the other." Rather than argue with them while in my work uniform (wouldnt look good) i decided to just leave. Its almost like theyre all in on it, they always look confused and ask someone above them who says "One or the other!" and leaves.

[quote name='JNKryo']My wife got the same spiel on Sunday. She tried again this morning at the same store but with a different cashier and got both coupons to work. Go figure.[/QUOTE]
I may have to send my wife to do my dirty work. I'm usually too nice to argue or make a scene but she'll be glad to work a copy out of them. Its pretty stupid theyre even stepping in on this. They get refunded by the manufacturer and they'll get these off the shelf. I'm not trying to scam them out of multiple copies to go flip them i'm just trying to get one for myself.

Local K-Mart turned me down. Guy working the video game desk wouldn't take the coupon(think he thought it was bogus), and he called a supervisor to verify it. Waited 15 minutes for her; when she got there, she looked at the coupon, told him it was fine... then, right before he scanned it, she pulled it back and told me i couldn't use it because the game was on sale. Guess it's off to Best Buy for me.

Maybe this has been asked before, I don't know. But anyone who is not going to use the coupon (why would you be in the thread if not though) or cannot use the coupon, is there any way you could scan it in and maybe send it to me pretty please???
I know you can't print multiples and the coupons are unique.

I don't have a home printer and neither does anyone I know. I would print it at work, but of course when I get there and try it out, the site is blocked for falling in the 'games' category of website and thus is impossible to get to.
I really want this...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Maybe this has been asked before, I don't know. But anyone who is not going to use the coupon (why would you be in the thread if not though) or cannot use the coupon, is there any way you could scan it in and maybe send it to me pretty please???[/QUOTE]

Sent a pm so you can get my second coupon that I did not use :D

any luck in chicago area-ill finally have time to go to best buy or a kmart n try to get this for $22 -hell best buy would be awesome for $13 but $22 would be fine-

if anyone knows a store that has worked could you please let me know-gonna borrow my sis car for a bit-and would like to avoid running around getting turned down on the deal.

[quote name='Matt Young']Sadly, that is not possible. The coupon is not displayed on screen; it simply prints.[/QUOTE]

I've since uninstalled the coupon printer. However, wouldn't you be able to just print to file?

[quote name='Filbert']I've since uninstalled the coupon printer. However, wouldn't you be able to just print to file?[/QUOTE]
Nope, coupon printer doesn't give you access to print dialog, and only prints to default printer, and only if that default printer is a physical printer. Ironically, I have seen less secure banking applications than this coupon printer.

[quote name='CXK']I wish it was that easy. I've been to 2 Best Buy's in San Antonio, TX and was told "You can use one coupon or the other." Rather than argue with them while in my work uniform (wouldnt look good) i decided to just leave. Its almost like theyre all in on it, they always look confused and ask someone above them who says "One or the other!" and leaves.[/QUOTE]

That's crap. I was planning on going over the Sa for a copy myself. Which stores did you go to?

man so NOBODY has the skills to copy this coupon....wow, i thought we had some peeps with skillz around here but no longer i guess!

[quote name='ballbarfer']man so NOBODY has the skills to copy this coupon....wow, i thought we had some peeps with skillz around here but no longer i guess![/QUOTE]

Each coupon has a unique ID code. Copying the coupon and using it would be fraud.

[quote name='confoosious']i hope you have a hell of a scanner.[/QUOTE]

I didn't use a scanner. I hate to waste paper so I usually print 4 coupons per page after I accumulate that many. I'm sure you can figure out how to do it if you want, just never print the same coupon more than once or the retailer will be denied the redemption and it will ruin these coupons in the future.

Can anyone tell me why that when I try to install the coupon that I need to install the Coupon Printer. Then when I do that it says the install didn't work.

I've tried installing it 3x now and each one is a 'bad" one and I can't get the coupon

I'm sure you can print it to a PDF driver (like cute pdf). just set it as your default printer, print the coupon and whala... instant, re-printable coupon. come on people it ain't that hard.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']I'm sure you can print it to a PDF driver (like cute pdf). just set it as your default printer, print the coupon and whala... instant, re-printable coupon. come on people it ain't that hard.[/QUOTE]

have you tried it?

it detects whether your default printer is a real printer.

but i'm sure "it ain't that hard."

[quote name='ballbarfer']man so NOBODY has the skills to copy this coupon....wow, i thought we had some peeps with skillz around here but no longer i guess![/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out how someone who trolled about this deal before getting at least 4 copies on their own, which meant you got your hands on 4 coupons, is worrying so much about how to get MORE.

OK eBay is so saturated with these now. I bought 4 on Sunday, and it took until Thursday to sell one for $30+$4 on a fixed price listing. That buyer was a Canadian. eBay's commission is 15% + PayPal $0.30 + 3%. They take $5.70 for every copy sold at that price. Almost not worth it.

Blur is a fantastic game. Definitely take advantage of this coupon if you don't have it yet. I need to convince my brother and nephews to do the same....

[quote name='XF Gator']OK eBay is so saturated with these now. I bought 4 on Sunday, and it took until Thursday to sell one for $30+$4 on a fixed price listing. That buyer was a Canadian. eBay's commission is 15% + PayPal $0.30 + 3%. They take $5.70 for every copy sold at that price. Almost not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I just traded in a few copies to Amazon with a trade I set up the moment I caught word of the trade. $50 to $150 in Amazon credit is a pretty good.

[quote name='Drkirby']I just traded in a few copies to Amazon with a trade I set up the moment I caught word of the trade. $50 to $150 in Amazon credit is a pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Did it actually go through?

[quote name='Drkirby']I just traded in a few copies to Amazon with a trade I set up the moment I caught word of the trade. $50 to $150 in Amazon credit is a pretty good.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, most of the Blur games at BB have a unique UPC code (I think the ones that have the Viper unlock code), and there have been reports that Amazon will reject trade ins of games with unique codes. Nothing definitive yet, though.

Can anyone who has traded in this game to Amazon please report if it was accepted or rejected?

[quote name='JNKryo']Can anyone who has traded in this game to Amazon please report if it was accepted or rejected?[/QUOTE]
Confirmed accepted for two trades from me. We can put this unique sku rumor to rest now.

[quote name='Jodou']Confirmed accepted for two trades from me. We can put this unique sku rumor to rest now.[/QUOTE]

But it's not a rumor, it's a fact.

Got one at my BB for the $12 and change after coupons. It was the PS3 version, but I really wanted the Xbox version which was sold out. Ill wait a couple of days and just exchange it.

bread's done
Back