blur - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yeah looks fun but I'm waiting for reviews and the inevitable price drop.

I bought all the PGR's at or near full price till PGR4, and I'll probably do the same for this one.

[quote name='Richlough']It's looking like Mario Kart with real cars.[/QUOTE]

This here is enough for me to at least rent it and give it a go online or locally with my roommates.

I watched that trailer as well and read some xbox forums post. An individual quoted a blog post from the developers and it turns out after PGR4 the developers of Bizarre Creations did a lot of research and found that the racing genre is moving towards Sim driving. They wanted to do something different and entertaining at the same time so Blur was born. I don't know about you but this looks to be a Mass Effect/PGR combo and that's alright in my book.

[quote name='Corvin']Disappointing since they will be competing against Split Second which looks like a better game.[/QUOTE]

Yup...that was a dumb move. I was really hoping to play this game this holiday season.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yup...that was a dumb move. I was really hoping to play this game this holiday season.[/QUOTE]

I would call it smart. With all of the games coming out this holiday season, Blur would have been left in the dust since everybody would be saving their pennies for MW2, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed 2, Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, Halo3:ODST, etc. Even though there are still a ton of games coming out early next year, I believe it'll have a better chance standing up to them (except bioshock 2) rather than the powerhouse franchises that would have been releasing around it.

Pushing it to 2010 gives them time to add polish so it gets a better reception when it's released. Better reviews = more interest = more sales (sometimes, not always). Besides, we don't even know exactly when split/second will be released. There haven't been any confirmed dates (although gamestop has the pre-orders shipping on 3/1/10).

I'm skeptical of a "new" player coming in and it being good. I mean... if EA can't get it right all this time... well.

Edit1: Oh, Bizarre Creations...? Activision...? PASS

Edit2: Split Second looks like a ripoff of Burnout. Not that burnout was that good to begin with...

Last edited by a moderator:
Recieved some information about this earlier today. They're starting a FilePlanet-only beta, which begins March 1st that FilePlanet has coined "top secret". Anyone interested who has a FilePlanet subscriber account can check it out and I think later on down the road it will may become open to the public.

Here's the FilePlanet URL: http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/top-secret/

FilePlanet is now giving the keys out for free (no subscription required. Just got mine...trying to figure out where to enter it on the site. Won't get the beta itself until the 8th.

[quote name='SynGamer']FilePlanet is now giving the keys out for free (no subscription required. Just got mine...trying to figure out where to enter it on the site. Won't get the beta itself until the 8th.[/QUOTE]

Got my key too. Guess I'll give it a shot when it goes live on the 8th.

tried getting one, but it said my email was already active when I went to register, but said it was not in the system when I went to have them re-send me the login info. FAIL. sucks

Looks like I'm in...

I received an email saying I will get my code sent to me on March 8th.

Thanks for the heads up guys..

Kevin

check the kotaku page guys, i just picked a random one and it worked for me, even though someone else said they had used it already. game looks like it could be a lot of fun

I was interested in this when it was supposed to come out back in November, but now it comes out the same month as Split/Second. Bizarre Creations lost my sale with that move.

[quote name='timesplitt']i would totally buy this game, on my xbox/ps2 in 2005.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how I feel. I just feel it is Midnight Club 4.

No code on my end, either. Kinda hoping I can get it and let it download while I'm at work tonight, so I can play it the minute I get home.

Yeah, I'm really excited about it.

Does anyone who have their code know how long the beta will last? I got a code, but won't be home until next week.

I'm just curious to know before I go and give it away to a friend if I'd have a chance to play it at all. At the very least I'm happy to have a 48 hour XBL code :p.

bread's done
Back