Bonus 400 points with 1600 Gears of War Season Pass @ Best Buy & Gamestop

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I just noticed on the page at Best Buy for the Gears of War Season Pass it states...

Special Offers:
•400 Bonus Microsoft Points: See Packages

I guess they're doing something similar to the Halo Map Pack. Can someone confirm this in store and online?

Gears of War 1600 point season pass. Edit: updated link

Looks like this same offer is at Gamestop.

718x305_GoWJudgment_pass3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up - I'm getting sick of a lot of DLC and season passes but I've always liked Gears DLC so I'll probably get this.

I wonder about in store too, I guess if nobody knows I'll ask when I pick my pre-order up tomorrow.

When you click on the link it does not mention the 400 points on the product page. There is however a place to click for the bonus 400 points. When you click it a search error pops up for best buys site. Are the 400 points not available anymore??

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']When you click on the link it does not mention the 400 points on the product page. There is however a place to click for the bonus 400 points. When you click it a search error pops up for best buys site. Are the 400 points not available anymore??[/QUOTE]This item isn't actually "released" until tomorrow, that might be why things are a bit wonky.

I wanted to buy points either way, so I went ahead and ordered this just to see if I get those bonus points tomorrow

This is just 1600 points right? You don't actually get the pass just the points for it? Want the deal but not the season pass itself since I'm waiting for a price drop on Judgment.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Anybody know if this season pass is just all maps or if there is any additional single player content?[/QUOTE]

-Two upcoming Game Add-on Packs that include six multiplayer maps, two new modes, and new weapon and armor skins.

-Early access to Game Add-on multiplayer maps so you can be the first to play.

-Access to playlists that grant 2XP to accelerate your ascent through the ranks.

-Five exclusive weapon skins and four exclusive armor skins.

No SP content.

Cool. I planned on picking this up with my game tomorrow anyway. I assume its one of those deals where the points will show up on the receipt or an email a few hours later.

Better bargain than the halo 4 map pass deal.
If it works the same, bestbuy will email you the 400 separately, but wait until it clearly states it on the product page before you order.

Have they mentioned if the season pass content will include additional achievements? Past Gears games have done so, but the content for this game doesn't seem that compelling to me. Sounds like they might just be going the cheap route and releasing some maps and modes that were originally slated to be included with the full game.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Have they mentioned if the season pass content will include additional achievements? Past Gears games have done so, but the content for this game doesn't seem that compelling to me. Sounds like they might just be going the cheap route and releasing some maps and modes that were originally slated to be included with the full game.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure there will be added achievements also. They have added achievements with the past three games, I don't see why this one would be any different.

^ That's the actual card... I'd rather get the Gears one which is a email code.

btw you can use it however you want. It only has Gears on the cover to promote the game.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']got mine for 9.99 thanks to some reward zone certs...also earned $10 back from that facebook promo[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on what/where the facebook promo is?

[quote name='the Gooseler']Is the Gamestop promo in store only? I don't see it online. This would be a great way to get rid of my Gamestop credit.[/QUOTE]Wondering this too. I don't know if the 400pt promo is supposed to be added to the listing later today, or what.

[quote name='Maestro']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=Gears_Of_War_Bonus_Points_104940&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-currentprice+skuid&qp=&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&p=[promotion%2C+synonymns]&_D%3Ap=+&pu=defaultusr&_D%3Apu=+&pt=1363496401&iht=n

These are the package deals.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, grabbed the Gears Season pass since you get both codes digitally. Was going to use the code I'm getting for pre-ordering Gears, but I have wait on that and points are points I'll save that one for another day.

I ordered it yesterday afternoon and the 400 points code was emailed last night. The 1600 points code was emailed at 3am this morning. Both codes worked perfectly.
Thanks OP !

[quote name='the Gooseler']Is the Gamestop promo in store only? I don't see it online. This would be a great way to get rid of my Gamestop credit.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop promo finally showing up online. Just put in an order and got rid of the last of my credit.

UPDATE: Just got the code about 15 mins later. Anyone know if Gamestop sends one code or two? In other words, should I expect one code for the 1600 points and then another code for the 400 bonus points, or do I get 2000 points from one code?

[quote name='nuuuuj']Gamestop promo finally showing up online. Just put in an order and got rid of the last of my credit.

UPDATE: Just got the code about 15 mins later. Anyone know if Gamestop sends one code or two? In other words, should I expect one code for the 1600 points and then another code for the 400 bonus points, or do I get 2000 points from one code?[/QUOTE]At what point in the purchase process does it indicate that the extra 400 points are included? I see it in the ad graphic, but nowhere else (actual product page, cart, checkout screen, etc.).

[quote name='nuuuuj']Gamestop promo finally showing up online. Just put in an order and got rid of the last of my credit.

UPDATE: Just got the code about 15 mins later. Anyone know if Gamestop sends one code or two? In other words, should I expect one code for the 1600 points and then another code for the 400 bonus points, or do I get 2000 points from one code?[/QUOTE]

Was just about to ask the same thing. Don't want to place the order especially since i don't trust Gamestop at all. Did you find out how many points you got Nuuuuj?

[quote name='the Gooseler']Was just about to ask the same thing. Don't want to place the order especially since i don't trust Gamestop at all. Did you find out how many points you got Nuuuuj?[/QUOTE]

Since there was only one way to find out. Entered the code, got 1600. On the phone with customer service now.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Customer Service. Rep was nice, and even though he tried telling me that the banner says "while supplies last" he still took care of the problem. He couldn't find a way to give me 400 points, so they're going to send me a $5 virtual gift card within 24-48 hours.

Moral of the story: Don't buy from GameStop!

Please report how that went. I just called Gamestop and first they did not know what I was talking about, then after telling her to check their own site the rep said that it is a limited time deal and it might be over. I can't believe that they would run out of codes on day 1 and then just leave the promo up.

Thanks Nuuuuj, confirmed my suspicions. Real nice how they leave it up so that click though thinking they are getting the points and then they just say "while supplies last".
Did anybody who bought the points actually see the 400 extra points in their cart?

Considering it doesn't mention the 400 extra points anywhere on the card's actual product page I'm guessing it's an in-store only deal. They might be hiding behind the "while supplies last" disclaimer because they're not copping to how the Gears of War highlights make it seem like you get the extra points from the online purchase as well. The highlight saying you get 400 extra points links to the product page.

Nuuuuj, thanks for letting us know how it went. I saw your first post not long after seeing the online codes went on sale. I had been refreshing because I wanted to turn my $25 gift card into $30 in MSP. I doubt they went through the amount of points they supposedly had set that quickly. Especially since Best Buy has been running the same deal.

[quote name='the Gooseler']Please report how that went. I just called Gamestop and first they did not know what I was talking about, then after telling her to check their own site the rep said that it is a limited time deal and it might be over. I can't believe that they would run out of codes on day 1 and then just leave the promo up.

Thanks Nuuuuj, confirmed my suspicions. Real nice how they leave it up so that click though thinking they are getting the points and then they just say "while supplies last".
Did anybody who bought the points actually see the 400 extra points in their cart?[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, I didn't see the 400 additional points in my cart.

[quote name='deadofnight']Considering it doesn't mention the 400 extra points anywhere on the card's actual product page I'm guessing it's an in-store only deal. They might be hiding behind the "while supplies last" disclaimer because they're not copping to how the Gears of War highlights make it seem like you get the extra points from the online purchase as well. The highlight saying you get 400 extra points links to the product page.

Nuuuuj, thanks for letting us know how it went. I saw your first post not long after seeing the online codes went on sale. I had been refreshing because I wanted to turn my $25 gift card into $30 in MSP. I doubt they went through the amount of points they supposedly had set that quickly. Especially since Best Buy has been running the same deal.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I said to the rep (minus the BB part), there's no way they could have run through the bonus points that fast. At one point, he did say that it might be in-store only, but then he corrected himself because he saw that it didnt say one way or the other.

Oh well, only thing I can do now is wait for my $5 GC.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Thanks for taking one for the team guys. Was gonna use a GC online, but I guess I'll just try in-store on my way home from work.[/QUOTE]

With all the free MS points I get from Bing, I figured this was worth the $5 risk to get rid of my credit. And what do I get in return, another $5 in friggin credit!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

LMAO!! That sounds like something that would happen to me.
I called the Gamestop by me and the girl said that they didn't know anything about the promo and that it is probably online only. Dammit I was going to use up all my Gamestop credit finally.

On a separate note, I'll be picking up my copy from BB tonight. If anyone wants to play, send me a friend request with CAG in the message body (so I know who the fuck you are).

[quote name='the Gooseler']LMAO!! That sounds like something that would happen to me.
I called the Gamestop by me and the girl said that they didn't know anything about the promo and that it is probably online only. Dammit I was going to use up all my Gamestop credit finally.[/QUOTE]

I was going to check a Gamestop store, but now to hell with it. I'll just save my gift card for a future B2G1 deal. I'm sure that will lead to more than $5 in savings, and I'm good on MSP.

[quote name='nuuuuj']On a separate note, I'll be picking up my copy from BB tonight. If anyone wants to play, send me a friend request with CAG in the message body (so I know who the fuck you are).[/QUOTE]

I'd be down to play but I'm still working through GoW: Ascension. Awful timing : Tomb Raider, Ascension, Jugment, and Bioshock all in one month? ffs.

I just bought the game and the Season Pass. The guy ringing me up didn't say a thing about it, but on my receipt one of the first codes says "400 extra points for buying the Season Pass." This was less than half-an-hour ago, so this seems to still work in store.

Got the codes from my order @ BB this morning. 1600 point code worked, 400 point code keeps getting "An error has occurred during the transaction, please try again later". Think its time to get ahold of CS...

[quote name='GamerDude316']Got the codes from my order @ BB this morning. 1600 point code worked, 400 point code keeps getting "An error has occurred during the transaction, please try again later". Think its time to get ahold of CS...[/QUOTE]

I'm having this exact problem.

is gamestop still offering this? i have $10 credit left to use there. can someone provide a link to this speecific offer since i can't find it?

bread's done
Back