Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt (US Only)

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
Obviously requires Borderlands 2 to participate.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/04/borderlands-2-100000-loot-hunt-announced

by Andrew Goldfarb OCTOBER 4, 2013
2K has announced the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt, an upcoming event that will offer in-game and physical prizes for players beginning on October 11 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern (7:00 a.m. Pacific) and ending on November 7 at 5:00 a.m. Eastern (2:00 a.m. Pacific).

Each day during the event, a specific daily target will be identified in-game. Players who take down that target will be entered to win a special weekly prize (listed below), and will also receive an entry into a grand prize drawing for $50,000 cash (or one of four additional prizes that up to an additional $50,000 in total).

A maximum of 28 entries will be available for players who take down the target every day. There will also be Community Goals that offer yet another exclusive new in-game weapon if a specific number of people worldwide take down each target.

In addition to cash, the following prizes will be offered throughout the Loot Hunt:

PlayStation Vitas with copies of Borderlands 2 (ships once the game is released in 2014)
Customized Borderlands 2 XP SEVEN headsets from Turtle Beach
Nvidia Shield PC Streaming set-up with a Tiki PC by Falcon Northwest
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti GFX cards
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Strategy Guides by BradyGames
Lifetime supplies of all 2K titles on Steam – past, present, and future
“Claptrap serves as the master of ceremonies for this grand Loot Hunt, but each week a new friendly face from Borderlands 2 will dish out daily targets that loot hunters can take down to enter themselves into the sweepstakes,” Gearbox president Randy Pitchford explained. “As a diehard vault hunter, I am most excited for the bounty associated with each target – unique pieces of in-game loot that will drop one hundred percent of the time.”

Anyone can participate in taking down the targets and working toward Community Goals, but physical (and cash) prizes are only available to residents of the United States. Players can sign up for the loot hunt on Gearbox’s official site.

Borderlands 2 was originally released in September 2012 and a Game of the Year edition will launch next week. Gearbox most recently raised the level cap to 72 along with the new Digistruct Peak Challenge, which launched last month. Later in October, the first headhunter pack will be released, with more to follow in the months to come.
https://www.borderlands2loothunt.com/

Wonder how this works with groups, my guess is the killing blow gets the entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad gearbox is still supporting the game even after a year of release.  Now i just need to pick up my own copy of the GOTY so i can play with my friends.

Well its shame that GOTY doesnt include the latest DLC, or IIRC they said that BL2 will have Season Pass No2.
They never had plans for a second season pass, and the DLC that's coming out soon was an after thought, they never planned to make it in the first place

https://www.borderlands2loothunt.com/challenge

Today's target is the first boss you run into the game.

It doesn't say what mode it has to be achieved on. I also haven't gotten him to drop his weapon yet and I've killed him 4 times lol. Edit: Dropped after 6th kill on TVHM. DIdn't try the other modes.

On the stats page you can see how many entries you have.

Community goal challenges give everyone weapons if they are achieved. 

Anyone want to team up on the 360 to get this done on a harder difficulty faster? If so shoot me a PM and I'll send a friend request on Live.

I own the game bu i haven't really gotten to it yet.  At least I can mayb kill that 1st thign today the bully mog isn't that like the frist mission?

I own the game bu i haven't really gotten to it yet. At least I can mayb kill that 1st thign today the bully mog isn't that like the frist mission?
He is literally the first boss you will face. However, I am not 100% sure if killing him on normal counts. You can give it a try and let us know.

The item itself does not drop all the time either, got 2 drops in 8+ attempts.

It also took an hour + before it showed up in my stats.

Give it a whirl and let us know. You could win a Vita with BL2, or better, the cash prize.

I did it on True Vault Hunter mode and got the gun on my first try...Not sure if it has a higher drop on the hardest difficulty but just figured I'd share.

I was able to get the gun after one try, I got the Loaded Gwen's head. I was on normal on a level 6 character. I'm not sure what I have to do afterwards though.

According to the rules you need the 4 DLC or the GOTY version to participate. I killed the boss yesterday morning and it shows it never registered.

According to the rules you need the 4 DLC or the GOTY version to participate. I killed the boss yesterday morning and it shows it never registered.
I play on PS3 w/o DLC and mine showed up. Make sure you're up to date for patches or whatever. Make sure your shift account Is tied properly on the website as well. Need to be on your second playthrough

I play on PS3 w/o DLC and mine showed up. Make sure you're up to date for patches or whatever. Make sure your shift account Is tied properly on the website as well. Need to be on your second playthrough
ahh crap, I never finished the game. That is why it didnt count.

I'm not on my second play through, nor do I have DLC or anything of the sort. My shift account is properly tied, and I am receiving credit for killing, and I can clearly see I have 1 entry in the contest.

I'm not on my second play through, nor do I have DLC or anything of the sort. My shift account is properly tied, and I am receiving credit for killing, and I can clearly see I have 1 entry in the contest.
crap then there is something messed up with mine. I submitted a ticket yesterday. I have gwens head in my inventory from beating the boss. IDK what is wrong. I was connected internet and my shift account had always been tied with my b2 account or I wouldn't be able to enter shift codes. I mean the official rules state you have to have the dlc or the goty, but maybe they allow everyone to participate.

crap then there is something messed up with mine. I submitted a ticket yesterday. I have gwens head in my inventory from beating the boss. IDK what is wrong. I was connected internet and my shift account had always been tied with my b2 account or I wouldn't be able to enter shift codes. I mean the official rules state you have to have the dlc or the goty, but maybe they allow everyone to participate.
You need to make sure your shift account is what you've logged into and it is properly linked on the website itself. https://www.borderlands2loothunt.com/ -> mystats

You need to make sure your shift account is what you've logged into and it is properly linked on the website itself. https://www.borderlands2loothunt.com/ -> mystats
Yeah, I did that a week before it started it says linked account "PS3" It even shows axton which was my first character. IDK. It still shows I didnt kill the bosses. I wonder if it only works on that character? I created a new one with a new game and my kills aren't counting.

Yeah, I did that a week before it started it says linked account "PS3" It even shows axton which was my first character. IDK. It still shows I didnt kill the bosses. I wonder if it only works on that character? I created a new one with a new game and my kills aren't counting.
I'm not sure what that other person plays on, but I also play on PS3. I did not get credit for the kills on my first play through save, only when I went through my second play through.

Just a heads up. When you get to 250+ gold keys they reset to "0". I think the number is 255.

Day 4 finally counted for me. I killed the boss on my old character.  I still haven't gotten credit for the first 3 boss kills which were on a new character.

Yeah I killed Rouf and got the emperor and he still doesn't appear as killed, whereas the previous ones changed to kill in a couple hours .

Still haven't received credit for killing this guy :\

Oh yea and guys KEEP THE DROPPED WEAPON ALL DAY!!!

I killed Flynn, twice, got his gun TWICE, and I waited for the site to say KILLED.  Iw as lke awesome.  Then I sold the guns cause they were garbage, and when i looked yesterday now it says NOT KILLEd1  The hell.  So obviously something is wrong w/ them keeping track.

For those of you having trouble getting the bounty weapon to drop from the daily target, a suggestion. If you started up your game before the new target is announced you may want to try quiting out of the game and doing a full restart. this updates your games temp or hot fix files, thats why it takes a few moments to get to the main menu. Hope that helps.

Yeah I killed Rouf and got the emperor and he still doesn't appear as killed, whereas the previous ones changed to kill in a couple hours .

Still haven't received credit for killing this guy :\
Same with me. But, I think it may be because I never fired the Emperor. I just equipped it. Soon after I killed Wilhelm, I fired the new gun and got credit.

Yes the new one is dlc only...and I didnt get credit for wilhelm.

Killed him, got the gun, fired the gun, and kept the gun in inventory.

Yes the new one is dlc only...and I didnt get credit for wilhelm.

Killed him, got the gun, fired the gun, and kept the gun in inventory.
Yeah they seem to be failing at keeping track, I tried reaching out to them, but never got a response. I do have all DLC, but its kinda feel like excluding those that don't have it from getting the kill is not fair, but just my two cents

bread's done
Back