Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Darkfire']Got the sorry email as well. Bummer.

Guess I'll wait a couple days but I'm going to call them and cancel so I can get that ridiculous hold on my account taken off rather than wait indefinitely for it to eventually be canceled in late September anyway.[/QUOTE]

when did you order? and when did you get the email?

maybe there was a cut off point towards the tail end.

i'm bracing for it but have not gotten it and i ordered monday morning, got a call for credit card approval monday morning as well.

[quote name='NINJA V']so... what exactly was your point.
that they are not in the list of retailers or this post by x-javen-x -

Just an FYI to anyone that ordered a ULCE from FRY'S over the last few days. I ordered one just as a "fingers crossed" kinda thing, being about 99% sure that at some point my order will be canceled. I also emailed their customer service about it to see what they would say, and here is the response I got. There is a glimmer of hope, but I'd say I"m still about 98% (down from my 99%) sure that it will be canceled, but anyway, here is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Frys.com.

We apologize for any confusion. We have confirmed with the Software department that we will be obtaining and sending out the game some time around September 18th. We have taken a good number of orders and do plan on selling the game. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Stephanie B.
Customer Service Associate

I ordered this yesterday, and today I can not even locate the item on their site. I don't know if this means they have filled their quota of orders or if they have pulled the item and are getting ready to send out the cancellation apologies. The latter is my guess, but we shall see...[/QUOTE]

I'd want word from Gearbox, not a CS agent who is probably in India. Won't know for sure till like Sept anyways

So unless you pre-ordered at GS, Amazon or BB you're fucked. Damn.

I guess I'll hold on to some small sliver of hope that they make just the chest available post launch to those that end up buying other versions.

[quote name='Thomas96']Is it possible to still pre-order from Best Buy or GS (In-store)?[/QUOTE]

I tried in-store at a Best Buy (using the touchscreen printslip machine). No go.

well, atleast it says limited quantities available.

my thing is why is it so hard for everyone to believe that other stores besides the ones on the list might get a limited quantity... it could happen.

As I recall, GameStop pulled their listing when they ran out also. I ordered from fry's less than a day after they posted. I do believe that they will have them, it's just will they have enough?

...stupid? no

greedy - selfish - opportunist among others... yes

but watcha gonna do about it.

they were at the right place at the right time with $$$

Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

[quote name='NINJA V']...stupid? no

greedy - selfish - opportunist among others... yes

but watcha gonna do about it.

they were at the right place at the right time with $$$[/QUOTE]

Yeah paychecks from mcdonalds may need supplementing. Some people ruin things for others. This was up on slickdeals for awhile too so I'm sure there are the 3+ orders out there as well.

[quote name='merchie89']Yeah paychecks from mcdonalds may need supplementing. Some people ruin things for others. This was up on slickdeals for awhile too so I'm sure there are the 3+ orders out there as well.[/QUOTE]

You sound incredibly childish.

I'd preorder an international version but... No luck with previous orders. Guess I'll keep an eye out for one of those pre-release preorder cancels.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']You sound incredibly childish.

I'd preorder an international version but... No luck with previous orders. Guess I'll keep an eye out for one of those pre-release preorder cancels.[/QUOTE]

No, Im just saying that this is a pretty true Collectors edition. People should get it if they want it, not to just resell.

[quote name='merchie89']No, Im just saying that this is a pretty true Collectors edition. People should get it if they want it, not to just resell.[/QUOTE]

The real issue is that people shouldn't be buying things from people trying to flip. Don't buy...wait and make those who flip bring the price down.....(the same as we wait for games to go on clearance).

[quote name='merchie89']No, Im just saying that this is a pretty true Collectors edition. People should get it if they want it, not to just resell.[/QUOTE]

Despite your message, the way you said it made you sound incredibly childish, talking about those people needing to supplement a McDonald's salary.

[quote name='Thomas96']The real issue is that people shouldn't be buying things from people trying to flip. Don't buy...wait and make those who flip bring the price down.....(the same as we wait for games to go on clearance).[/QUOTE]

True. Probably won't happen though haha.

since it is so rare - i doubt the price will ever go lower than $150 unless they manufacture more... so waiting for the flippers to lower their price is highly unlikely. i paid $250 on ebay for one and now seeing how hard it is to acquire i don't really feel remorse about it - just hope the seller pulls thru or else i'm screwed.

good luck to the rest of you! ;)

I got that same e-mail however, when I e-mailed them about it, they told me the system sent it out because I ordered a pre-order item and the system doesn't know the difference between back-order and pre-order. So, we'll see.

I checked my credit card this morning and there's a pending charge for it from fry's I hope that's a good sign but it probably means nothing at all.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I checked my credit card this morning and there's a pending charge for it from fry's I hope that's a good sign but it probably means nothing at all.[/QUOTE]

It's just the authorization charge to the card to make sure the card can be charged. It will go away in a few days, since they don't actually charge the card until the game is out/ships.

Does anyone here have a PC version of the Ultimate Loot Chest they'd like to swap for the PS3 version? I'd play either one, but I really want the PC version earlier on in comparison.

So glad I got my ULC pre-order in at GameStop before they ran out. There are 3 ULC's available on Amazon right now thru independant sellers....but you'll have to fork over $450-$700 for one.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Anyone hear anything back from Gearbox?[/QUOTE]

im curious to know as well, cause im thinking of just cancelling the frys order altogether.

[quote name='kklems']Got an email at 3:19 last night fom amazon saying that ulc was available to purchase but when I got up it was sold out again[/QUOTE]

Same with me! I'm hoping I'll get a chance to pick up a copy from Amazon since I have credit there. I already ordered a copy from buy.com but I still have my doubts.

[quote name='jr8rulz']i got the same email and cant add to cart. must be a fluke of the system[/QUOTE]

Criminal false hope. AMMMMMMAAAAAZZZZZZZZOOOOONNN!!!! /Captain Kirk Voice

well I went ahead and just cancelled the frys order. wasnt worth the aggrivation of guessing games as punishment for missing out on the pre-order window with amazon.

I ended up getting 2 from amazon for the ps3 the first day it was available. Just took a gamble in case they truly were limited. I guess Ill have to make someones day and sell the extra if they both show up.

I received an email from Frys this morning asking me if I want to keep my order active. It stated that if I didn't respond in 30 days, they would automatically cancel the order. (Seemed like a generic email for anyone with a back ordered item.) From the email I received back, it still seems that they might or might not receive the loot chest:

Thank you for contacting Frys.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We appreciate the time you have taken to respond that you would like to keep your order active. Your order has been updated with your request.

Please be assured that we are attempting to obtain item# 7190922, XB360 Borderlands 2, contained in your order from our supplier. We have been updated with an estimated arrival date of 09/18/2012 to our warehouse. Upon receipt from our supplier, we will ship your order on the same business day.

The shipping dates provided are estimates and are dependant on information provided from the manufacturer. As a result, we are unable to guarantee these dates, however, we make an effort to provide our customers with the best information available.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Stephanie B.
Customer Service Associate

I honestly think they will come through. "Obtain" should be taken very loosely. The game just now went "Gold" and is only about to enter mass production.

Guy on Borderlands forum from Gearbox said he heard nothing of any being sent to Frys. so that would mean they need to find them elsewhere.

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']I honestly think they will come through. "Obtain" should be taken very loosely. The game just now went "Gold" and is only about to enter mass production.[/QUOTE]
Could you justify "just about to enter mass production" with a link to a source?

[quote name='merchie89']Guy on Borderlands forum from Gearbox said they isn't sending any to Frys. so that would be they need to find them elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

they ISN't sending any to fry's? :roll:

[quote name='havuk']they ISN't sending any to fry's? :roll:[/QUOTE]

sorry, edited my post to be grammatically correct.

P.S. I hope you lose your job (see I can be a d-bag too)

[quote name='merchie89']sorry, edited my post to be grammatically correct.

P.S. I hope you lose your job (see I can be a d-bag too)[/QUOTE]
Brutal comeback...

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']I honestly think they will come through. "Obtain" should be taken very loosely. The game just now went "Gold" and is only about to enter mass production.[/QUOTE]

The game discs, but not the other materials. Those were produced weeks or months ago in some cases.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']This was the thread where someone from gearbox was going to confirm about Frys & I still don't see any denial about them getting it

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=138083[/QUOTE]

well he basically said he knows nothing about it. If he actually looked into it, that means they will have to find an outside supplier.

Still don't see how Frys will manage to find some while every other retailer in America except 3 cannot

[quote name='merchie89']well he basically said he knows nothing about it. If he actually looked into it, that means they will have to find an outside supplier.

Still don't see how Frys will manage to find some while every other retailer in America except 3 cannot[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Frys not supposed to get the Diablo 3 CE and they got tons of those. I dunno.

bread's done
Back