Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two preorderd at Amazon; both PS3.

Does Amazon have exclusive DLC and premier club access? Will they be e-mailing codes out?

If that is how they are delivering codes I'm going to assume that like everything else they limit them to just one per account.. correct?

Yep, just 1 per account. They used to send 1 code per order which is how it should be. I bet if you contacted them they would give you the additional code.

[quote name='Woocls']Well, their sales shot up through the roof after the game of the year came out. I think their sales totals surprised even them. Gaining roughly 1.5million more in sales. (up from 3mill) They've been working on this for years. The first got such a luke-warm original reception from the gaming community that I don't think they could have even begun to expect SOO many people to be this gung-ho about the sequel when they were making plans for the CE.

Not trying to make it seem like they thought this would be any less exclusive but I think it's a bit assine to assume they just didn't care enough to make more money of people...[/QUOTE]

Again that info is fine and dandy but it means nothing to a consumer. Of course they would've liked to make more money -- no one said otherwise --, but they proved they were just too inept. Although after watching that unboxing vid, I'm good. It's incredibly underwhelming. Hope any cags who want this are able to snap up cancelled preorders in the upcoming days.

Hmmm, it says here-http://www.borderlands2.com/preorder/index.html#premiereclub
That, if you preorder ANYWHERE, you will gain access to the Premire Club.

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']anyone interested, I got one off of amazon but will just need the game everything else is up for grabs sealed.[/QUOTE]

How much?

Everyone should play Borderlands 1 whether they are getting 2 or not. Borderlands was an incredible game and the only one I've ever paid full price for dlc when it came out.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Everyone should play Borderlands 1 whether they are getting 2 or not. Borderlands was an incredible game and the only one I've ever paid full price for dlc when it came out.[/QUOTE]
I actually disagree... if you're getting 2 there's no reason to go back and play through 1. The "story" was lame, and the fun of looting and stuff can be had in 2 with even more variety to your loot. If you're unsure about getting 2 then I'd tell you to pick up a copy of 1 and give it a whirl (FYI you'll need to hit about 15 before you really start to feel BA.) You're given the highlights of the story from 1 in 2 so you don't really need to go back for it if you don't want to.

Ive never played any of the borderlands and for me it's either get BL1 GOTY + BL2 or get Dishonored + $ towards AC3. What do you guys think I should spend my cash on and please try to keep it as unbiased as possible since this is a BL thread

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Ive never played any of the borderlands and for me it's either get BL1 GOTY + BL2 or get Dishonored + $ towards AC3. What do you guys think I should spend my cash on and please try to keep it as unbiased as possible since this is a BL thread[/QUOTE]

Honestly, to me, I get bored playing Borderlands alone. When I'm playing 3-4 person co-op online it's a blast, and one of my favorite games. So if you have friends to play Borderlands with online, then I'd say go that route. If you're looking more for a single player experience I'd say go for the Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 route.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Honestly, to me, I get bored playing Borderlands alone. When I'm playing 3-4 person co-op online it's a blast, and one of my favorite games. So if you have friends to play Borderlands with online, then I'd say go that route. If you're looking more for a single player experience I'd say go for the Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 route.[/QUOTE]

Lol, most of the time it felt like the opposite for me. It felt too hectic, i love doing all the missions the moment i get them. Most of the times i played online, everyone was doing different things and it got confusing. Also, it felt weird to play with people who were even slightly ahead of you (Like even 1 or 2 main missions), then go back to your own game and be overleveled.

Infact, I have played through most of 1 single player, only need 9 more levels to platinum it. Dont really plan to touch Multiplayer again until i get to the Moxxi challenges (Not even sure if i really want to waste the time on them though)

[quote name='GBAstar']I have two preorderd at Amazon; both PS3.

Does Amazon have exclusive DLC and premier club access? Will they be e-mailing codes out?

If that is how they are delivering codes I'm going to assume that like everything else they limit them to just one per account.. correct?[/QUOTE]

Only place w/exclusive DLC is Gamestop b/c they paid Gearbox for it (Randy Pitchford said so on Podcast Unlocked.) BB, Amazon, GS, etc. (minus Target, WM, TRU, independents) have the Premier Club Access.

25th Anniversary SF Collection looking better each day. :) Hope someone is stupid enough to trade the Steelbook into GS so I can swap my vanilla case for the Steelbook.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Honestly, to me, I get bored playing Borderlands alone. When I'm playing 3-4 person co-op online it's a blast, and one of my favorite games. So if you have friends to play Borderlands with online, then I'd say go that route. If you're looking more for a single player experience I'd say go for the Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3 route.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I may just preorder it from best buy and if I end up not liking it, I'll just trade it in

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']I heard about that. I wonder if I could pre order, get the code, then cancel my preorder:D[/QUOTE]

Your best bet would be to find someone who has the Creature Slaughter Dome and play a game with them hosting. It has been officially announced that people without the DLC will be able to play it that way.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Would you guys recommend playing BL1 before playing the 2nd one?[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely not needed. The developer have said multiple times that they designed the game so there are no story elements from the first game that are needed to understand the second game. This isn't Mass Effect 3 with a deceitful EA rep claiming that the third game in a trilogy is a great time to just hop in without playing the first two.

Plus, most people hated the ending to the original game--a fact Gearbox has fully admitted--so it's not worth it from a story perspective anyhow.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Your best bet would be to find someone who has the Creature Slaughter Dome and play a game with them hosting. It has been officially announced that people without the DLC will be able to play it that way.

It's absolutely not needed. The developer have said multiple times that they designed the game so there are no story elements from the first game that are needed to understand the second game. This isn't Mass Effect 3 with a deceitful EA rep claiming that the third game in a trilogy is a great time to just hop in without playing the first two.

Plus, most people hated the ending to the original game--a fact Gearbox has full admitted--so it's not worth it from a story perspective anyhow.[/QUOTE]

You do miss out on some elements to the story since you're meeting characters, including the 4 original playable ones, from the first game but story was the weakest part of Borderlands 1 so not as big a deal as say ME or other story-heavy games.

After seeing the unboxing video I cancelled my ultimate pre order on Amazon. The loot chest links too small. I didn't see any in game stuff to justify an
additional $100

I am thinking of cancelling my Ultimate Loot Extreme Edition from Amazon today. Not sure this really justifies $150.00 and there are a ton for sale on eBay so it's not like I would be able to sell it for a major profit.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']I have to say that loot chest looks like you're paying $150 for a bobble head and some stickers[/QUOTE]

And the steelbook, and the cloth map, and the artbook, and the loot chest.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Where the loot edition dlc i thought it had exclusive skins or something....[/QUOTE]

IDK about exclusive (not that familiar with it) but the DLC card is inside the steel book

DISCLAIMER:
*SPOILER BELOW* *SPOILER*
*SPOILER* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gm62dYNFxk *SPOILER*
There is a part 2 as well.
I watched 2 seconds of it then decided it was too much of a spoiler. It was posted then taken down, and now its up by a different user. I really would like the DLC to come with my ULC that i ordered from FRY's. After all, i did just spend $150 on a video game.

wow...people are unloading on this real quick. would you rather spend the typical $100 on a plastic statue like all other CEs are today?

halo reach statue and arkham city statue or sweet borderlands chest? hmmm:whistle2:s

[quote name='bromans12']Yep, just cancelled my ULCE from Amazon. Guess I'm just happy to be able to buy and play the $60.00 version.[/QUOTE]
I would have have paid $200 for you to directly ship to me :(

[quote name='JaylisJayP']And the steelbook, and the cloth map, and the artbook, and the loot chest.[/QUOTE]

So you really think a bobble head, cloth map, stickers, art book, and a little plastic chest is worth another $90? I guess if you collect it and don't open it, it'd be nice to have if they really do end up being rare after launch

really considering cancelling my germany and italy pre order now after that disappointing unboxing. im probably just gonna buy the regular version. how much do you guys think the international versions are worth on ebay or should i just cancel the order?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']really considering cancelling my germany and italy pre order now after that disappointing unboxing. im probably just gonna buy the regular version. how much do you guys think the international versions are worth on ebay or should i just cancel the order?[/QUOTE]
U.S. version is $400 now, so my best guess would be $300, minus fees and shipping you probably would get $240-$250. So about $100 profit.

who woulda thought all the noob members only care about resale values? For me, buying something waiting 3 weeks to get it and then reselling it doesn't seem worth $80.

If you plan to resell, Ebay is most likely gonna be flooded with these for weeks

[quote name='TooPoor']U.S. version is $400 now, so my best guess would be $300, minus fees and shipping you probably would get $240-$250. So about $100 profit.[/QUOTE]

ehh i guess that would still be good but don't know if it really worth that much trouble. Especially since people are going to realize eventually that this isn't really worth that much.

[quote name='TooPoor']U.S. version is $400 now, so my best guess would be $300, minus fees and shipping you probably would get $240-$250. So about $100 profit.[/QUOTE]

US is more at 300-360. And why would someone buy a version that could be in german or whatever italians speak....I would just cancel those

Im glad Buy.com cancelled my order. I believe the same dlc comes in the $99 package and GS still has those on their site.

I'm not watching the unboxing because I like to be surprised, and I'm still picking mine up, cause this is going to be freaking epic when I get it, and I can't wait.

[quote name='Obiwan456']I'm not watching the unboxing because I like to be surprised, and I'm still picking mine up, cause this is going to be freaking epic when I get it, and I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

exactly, I would want to at least get the $100 version and at that rate, I will gladly spend the extra $50 to show how much I got out of BL1 and will get out of BL2.

Really wish they had the season pass for the 360 though. Also think its pretty bada** that you can download games directly on psn on release, another feature xboxs should have.

[quote name='merchie89']US is more at 300-360. And why would someone buy a version that could be in german or whatever italians speak....I would just cancel those[/QUOTE]

Oh man, what do those Italians speak, I wonder...

Also, it would be pretty dumb to cancel if you have a U.S. pre-order, when you could easily just sell it and pick up the normal edition on someone else's dime. No matter how much, or how little you make, I thought this was "cheapassgamer." Aren't we here because we like things cheap, or better yet, free?

[quote name='merchie89']US is more at 300-360. And why would someone buy a version that could be in german or whatever italians speak....I would just cancel those[/QUOTE]
Oh you are right, looks like it dropped in the past week, haven't been monitoring it.
[quote name='merchie89']who woulda thought all the noob members only care about resale values? For me, buying something waiting 3 weeks to get it and then reselling it doesn't seem worth $80.[/QUOTE]
I was just trying to help a fellow CAG make his decision.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Where the loot edition dlc i thought it had exclusive skins or something....[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's a slip in the Steelbook.

[quote name='Obiwan456']So the chest is plastic. That's cool. I mean, no one was actually expecting metal were they?[/QUOTE]

No, I guess people were expecting gold bars at the bottom of the loot chest though.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']For those of us who want the best deal for just the game with all the in-game bonuses, where is the best place to pre-order this from?[/QUOTE]

If you're Gamer Unlocked at Best Buy, you get $20 in Reward Zone points for pre-ordering. If you pre-order at Gamestop, you get the extra DLC. I know they both offer the Premier Club DLC for pre-ordering.

bread's done
Back