Borderlands 39.96 at Wal-Mart [Canada Only]

bi-gE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry this deal is Canada Only!

Seems that Wal-Mart is up to its old tricks, this time with the release of Borderlands. 39.96 make it an instant purchase. Wonder if everyone else will match this time. Good time to be a Canadian! :D

scan0001k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TripleQ']My PS3 copy says "In Stock" on the order status now.. 360 still OOS. Some stores also show PS3 availability as well.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, my order status page says "checking availability." About 10 minutes ago it was "out of stock," like it always has been. I just checked the product page and it now says "in stock"

[quote name='CrushEm']By the time BB gets their butt (to put it nicely) in gear, all my friends who are already playing will be done playing it at this rate. I almost have a bad feeling that I might get the cancellation e-mail or just plain ol' no notice about nothing and the order gets cancelled anyways. If FS & BB are owned by the same company, why would FS pre-orders be getting their orders and BB not? Doesn't make sense, I am very frustrated to say the least. Never will I pre-order anything from them again. Just brutal to say the least.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean, dude. I convinced a friend to buy this game so we could play co-op. He picked it up in the US on launch day and is probably half way through it by now.

We should start our own 'screwed by bestbuy late shipping preorders' group so we can all play at the same level cause everyone else will be super leveled up by the time we get it!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Doesn't it take about 35 days for them to put rewardzone points into your account?

I'm still waiting for any status change on my order, so far still nothing. Been enjoying Ratchet, though.

I just emailed them and asked what's up. At least I think I emailed them, once I hit submit it just reloaded the page with all of the fields cleared out, no confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the estimate, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

my 360 copy is still OOS, hopefully you guys get your copies.

Awesome news, my order status page says In Stock, and the cancel button has disappeared. That should mean it'll ship tomorrow and I'll receive it Friday. Unless they're shipping from Vancouver or something...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Awesome news, my order status page says In Stock, and the cancel button has disappeared. That should mean it'll ship tomorrow and I'll receive it Friday. Unless they're shipping from Vancouver or something...[/QUOTE]

Congrats, hopefully they'll fill the 360 versions next :(

Thanks, good luck to you guys who are still having no luck, hope you get your copies soon!

Update: My Borderlands shipped this afternoon. The PS3 version is showing in stock on the product page.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Received my copy today, it's GREAT. Worth the wait, keep holding on dudes. For the record, after playing this it would definitely be worth full price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, doesn't look like our copies will ship out this week, hopefully next week...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Received my copy today, it's GREAT. Worth the wait, keep holding on dudes. For the record, after playing this it would definitely be worth full price.[/QUOTE]

You got yours today? I haven't received mine yet. When I looked at the shipping location via their tracking number it still says it's in vancouver.........well this is fantastic lol.

Not holding my breath for it to be shipped anytime soon but I suppose the good news is that is people are SLOWLY getting their $40 copies shipped out. Do they get like 5 copies into the warehouse at a time or something?

PS. Just as I was writing this i get the "out of stock" e-mail from bestbuy again. the irony is amazing.

I've heard that this is a rather fun game. But it is probably wise to let some of the hype to settle down before purchasing it on the retail or used market. Just sayin'.
smile

They have stock for people paying $69.99, but people paying $39.99 do not deserve to get it shipped, makes sense to me!

Seriously, hope you guys will get it soon. Personnally, my baglog is too high.

I got another one of those 'don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you' emails from Best Buy telling me they're doing what they can to get my product in stock and shipped. It's ridiculous that I'm going to have my Dragon Age pre-order picked up and still be waiting on Borderlands, when it released 2 weeks earlier!

[quote name='cashinstinct']They have stock for people paying $69.99, but people paying $39.99 do not deserve to get it shipped, makes sense to me!

Seriously, hope you guys will get it soon. Personnally, my baglog is too high.[/QUOTE]

because this is the internet and i can't tell which way you meant it, i'll ask before over-reacting. Are you being sarcastic when you say people paying $39.99 do not deserve to get it shipped?

It was probably coincidence, but I emailed them complaining about my order and they shipped it 2 days later. It might be worth shooting them an email to say whats up. I said it wasn't fair that they were seeming to sell new copies but hadn't filled pre-orders yet. Never got a response, but I did get my game.

Good idea, I just sent them a message from their site. If I don't hear anything in the next day or two. . next comes a not so happy phone call. Pre-ordering means guaranteeing yourself a copy for release date, not having to wait for 2+ weeks for it to arrive. Absolutely ridiculous. Like cashinstinct was saying, most likely a ploy to get people to cancel their pre-order $40 orders so they can turn around and sell the game for $30 more per order.

The exact same thing happened with my BB Arkham Asylum pre-order - it shipped around 3 weeks after the release date. As Best Buy was the online online store that allowed orders at $39.99 (FS was OOS) I didn't mind that much.

Still haven't shipped for me. I'm tempted to actually cancel this as my interest in the game has really dropped at this point. It doesn't help that most of the people I wanted to play it with has already finished their SECOND playthrough. Unbelievable. Best Buy has also decided to ignore my e-mail I sent last week.

[quote name='constellation']Still haven't shipped for me. I'm tempted to actually cancel this as my interest in the game has really dropped at this point. It doesn't help that most of the people I wanted to play it with has already finished their SECOND playthrough. Unbelievable. Best Buy has also decided to ignore my e-mail I sent last week.[/QUOTE]

In the same boat here... This really sucks.

I got a response, sort of. I have 1 PS3 and 2 360 copies on order. They said their system automatically splits unfulfilled orders 30 days after they are placed.. so I'd have to wait until Nov 15 before the "In Stock" PS3 copy ships alone. Sigh. That's 5 days after MW2 releases.. so why would I need Borderlands then? :p

[quote name='TripleQ']I got a response, sort of. I have 1 PS3 and 2 360 copies on order. They said their system automatically splits unfulfilled orders 30 days after they are placed.. so I'd have to wait until Nov 15 before the "In Stock" PS3 copy ships alone. Sigh. That's 5 days after MW2 releases.. so why would I need Borderlands then? :p[/QUOTE]

If you're the type that can grind through games, you may be able to finish Borderlands in about 2-3 days easily. Since there's no online multiplayer besides co-op, it gives you a nice break from MW2.

bread's done
Back