Borderlands 39.96 at Wal-Mart [Canada Only]

bi-gE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry this deal is Canada Only!

Seems that Wal-Mart is up to its old tricks, this time with the release of Borderlands. 39.96 make it an instant purchase. Wonder if everyone else will match this time. Good time to be a Canadian! :D

scan0001k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bout to drive up. Any last minute ideas for Vancouver and all parts south of it? London Drugs PM was mentioned, will try, anywhere that has it for sure in stock?

Hey Edmonton CAGS
Looks like that best buy is sold out and london drugs isn't going to pricematch unless they can find someone with it. Any suggestions or hidden stashes?

Thanks

[quote name='Pigsofa']Hey Edmonton CAGS
Looks like that best buy is sold out and london drugs isn't going to pricematch unless they can find someone with it. Any suggestions or hidden stashes?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Damn, the after work rush must have snagged up all the copies there. I'm glad I get off at 2 every day.

fucking Future Shop :bomb:

I preorder it, and they mistakenly sell my copy to someone. What the hell is the point of preordering if they don't hold you a fucking copy? Now they don't know when it's coming in next. I pulled my best "angry customer" on them and they're going to sell it to me for $34.95.
Screw it, I'm still going to try to find a copy for $39.99, I don't want to wait a week. Still keeping Future Shop's loss, I'll just flip it ot sell it. Asshats.

I have the best GF
she went to Futureshop and bought me one copy for each console because she didn't know which one I wanted

now I have to decide which one I want to keep

usually ps3 versions of multi console games are really bad looking compared to Xbox 360... but I really want to play online for free

Went to Futureshop/Bestbuy/Wal-Mart today afterschool South Edmonton Common location

Futureshop was sold out. Don't think the Wal-Mart had them either and Bestbuy didn't even get them yet(wtf?)

[quote name='t1me']Went to Futureshop/Bestbuy/Wal-Mart today afterschool South Edmonton Common location

Futureshop was sold out. Don't think the Wal-Mart had them either and Bestbuy didn't even get them yet(wtf?)[/QUOTE]
I went to bestbuy at south common and they were all out.. maybe it just seemed like they diddn't have them in yet.. I also went to the other southside bestbuy.. they were all out too :(

And you can't even order online

Jeez, my order status with Best Buy Canada is still "successfully processed." I would have expected it to ship before the end of the day, guess not. At least Amazon gives you a shipping estimate, that'd give me some peace of mind.

Yea I don't know what's up with Bestbuy. I pre-ordered it within the hour that I noticed the link was posted here and the page still had stock availble at the time. Why bother pre-ordering it if they are NOT going to have it in stock on opening day. Pretty mis-leading that you reserve a pre-order a copy that shows in stock, but come release day, they're now mysteriously OUT of stock. Pretty dissapointing first time buying off of the BB site.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Jeez, my order status with Best Buy Canada is still "successfully processed." I would have expected it to ship before the end of the day, guess not. At least Amazon gives you a shipping estimate, that'd give me some peace of mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have the same issue. Usually when I have ordered (or pre-ordered) from futureshop or bestbuy I get the game the day after the official release date. Hopefully these don't get cancelled.

[quote name='miriamleo']Canada stock of games is a joke.
Despite its sale price, this game isn't even one of those big name titles. Stores probably stock like 5 of each games that's why they depleted so fast.[/QUOTE]

At my local Wal-Mart this morning (around 10 a.m.), they had dozens of copies... a lot more inventory than I'd have expected for this game.

For those in Edmonton...North side Futureshop.
I picked up mine there for the PS3...it's already in the computer at $39 so there is no need to price-match. They had about 10 copies at the 137/99th street location when I was there.

Also you can use their website to check store stock...that's what I did.

[quote name='musdy']Did you happen to check out how many copies they had??[/QUOTE]

I checked their stock online and it was out. There were no copies on the shelf either.

Well it looks like FS jacked up the price again to $69.99.

Oh well, looks like I'll be getting it for $69.99 today from EB, I would wait for my Wal-Mart raincheck to come in, but I just can't justify spending out of my college fund when I got $100 in credit.

I picked up two copies, one for me, one for my brother just as the walmart staff were deciding that they would soon sell out and would have to limit sales to one per customer. I fully expected that I would only get one copy, to my surprize they said because they had not put up a sign yet I could get two. So as of 8:30 monday morning Red Deer had 5-6 copies. My brother in Saskatoon was at the stores early only to find that Saskatoon three stores had not recieved any as of Monday morning.

Thanks for the heads up guys, my brother and I appreciate.

[quote name='supergrover99']Yeah I have the same issue. Usually when I have ordered (or pre-ordered) from futureshop or bestbuy I get the game the day after the official release date. Hopefully these don't get cancelled.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure they won't be cancelled since we ordered when it was in stock, I just hope they actually have some copies for us and we don't have to wait for them to get another shipment in a few days or weeks.

Well, deal or no, I'm still looking for one copy in Edmonton and one copy in Fort McMurray. Only half of my four-person co-op group was able to get a copy yesterday. The other two don't care anymore if it's $40; they just want to play with us when we start tomorrow.

If any of you Edmontonians have any success, please do share.

[quote name='kathos']Hah, us PC gamers are getting it for 33USD, no tax. Have fun hunting guys ;).[/QUOTE]

From where?

Can we go to Futureshop or bestbuy and ask for a pricematch on the Wal-Mart flyer or website? its still 39.96...

[quote name='t1me']Can we go to Futureshop or bestbuy and ask for a pricematch on the Wal-Mart flyer or website? its still 39.96...[/QUOTE]

Yes, if they have stock.

Still waiting for BestBuy to ship. You would think pre-ordering means actually securing yourself a copy and it shipping out before or at least on release date, but apparently not in their case. Brutal. Not a good experience first time shopping from their site. If the site said there was copies when I ordered, why is there nothing being shipped on release day?
I would go out and just get another copy from EB or Wal-Mart and cancel my BB order but by the looks of it, the price has been going up at various stores from the original $40 so guess I have no choice but to wait for BB to get it back in stock. :no: :bs:

[quote name='CrushEm']Still waiting for BestBuy to ship. You would think pre-ordering means actually securing yourself a copy and it shipping out before or at least on release date, but apparently not in their case. Brutal. Not a good experience first time shopping from their site. If the site said there was copies when I ordered, why is there nothing being shipped on release day?
I would go out and just get another copy from EB or Wal-Mart and cancel my BB order but by the looks of it, the price has been going up at various stores from the original $40 so guess I have no choice but to wait for BB to get it back in stock. :no: :bs:[/QUOTE]
We're in the same boat. Really sucks, just have to keep waiting I guess. I keep checking my order status every few hours, always says the same thing, so disappointing.

[quote name='CrushEm']Still waiting for BestBuy to ship. You would think pre-ordering means actually securing yourself a copy and it shipping out before or at least on release date, but apparently not in their case. Brutal. Not a good experience first time shopping from their site. If the site said there was copies when I ordered, why is there nothing being shipped on release day?
I would go out and just get another copy from EB or Wal-Mart and cancel my BB order but by the looks of it, the price has been going up at various stores from the original $40 so guess I have no choice but to wait for BB to get it back in stock. :no: :bs:[/QUOTE]

The joke is I was actually at bestbuy and saw it in stock. I should have just bought it in store and not stuck with the pre-order.

Still waiting here as well. The cynical side of me says they're hoping I go buy it from Walmart and cancel my preorder. It is too late for that though. My walmart is sold out.

im in the same boat! i actually ordered it online and chose to pickup in store! got my confirmation that they had it and all...get to my BB...and...

"uh sorry sir...we cant find your copy"

they told me that they had one left in store (which was obviously mine) but they couldnt find it...

so i bitched and they gave me a raincheck....not sure when the Laval store will get more in stock though....they said sat....

So, bestbuy.ca emailed me today to let me know that Borderlands is out of stock. "We are making every attempt to minimize the wait for this inventory. You will receive a ship notice email as soon as inventory becomes available."

I got that same email in my inbox this morning as well. Let's hope the 'wait' doesn't end up being weeks.

I ordered from Futureshop.ca, and my order status was showing "out of stock" until this morning. It now says "in stock", but they have not shipped it yet. However, the main page for the game still shows "out of stock". Weird stuff.

[quote name='onemorechanc']I ordered from Futureshop.ca, and my order status was showing "out of stock" until this morning. It now says "in stock", but they have not shipped it yet. However, the main page for the game still shows "out of stock". Weird stuff.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that could be a good sign for those of us that ordered from Best Buy, too. They've got to share the same distributor, right?

Are you guys sure that Walmart's website still says $40? I am out in the middle of nowhere and there are a few copies of the game here at $60 or $70...

If so, can anyone screen shot me the website? I can't access it for whatever reason.

I received a shipping notice email from Futureshop last night. It states that the game has been shipped, and is scheduled to arrive on the 28th.

Good to know! I will be checking out Wal-Mart today to see the same thing. Then I will be happily canceling my order with NotReallyABestBuy

Theres a box full of the x-box edition behind the counter at the wal-mart in vaughan if anyones still looking. didnt see ps3 though.

[quote name='onemorechanc']I received a shipping notice email from Futureshop last night. It states that the game has been shipped, and is scheduled to arrive on the 28th.[/QUOTE]

Good news....come on Best Buy!

bread's done
Back