Borderlands 39.96 at Wal-Mart [Canada Only]

bi-gE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry this deal is Canada Only!

Seems that Wal-Mart is up to its old tricks, this time with the release of Borderlands. 39.96 make it an instant purchase. Wonder if everyone else will match this time. Good time to be a Canadian! :D

scan0001k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
of course after waiting for the Walmart in Lethbridge South to open, and waiting for the person to look in the back for a half hour, only to tell me that they do not have it in yet :( sucks for me.

Got it at Future Shop downtown Toronto. There seemed to be five or six guys there looking for it, but I'm not sure how many copies they had. It wasn't on the shelf yet, but the CSRs had it at the counter.

[quote name='WillGabriel']I dunno... My first reaction to that was "Damn, he's totally right," but 9.0+ review scores can be indicative of wonderful new games as well.
[/QUOTE]
Oh definitely. I wasn't making a blanket statement that applies to everything (hence why I used the word "tend"). I mean just look at Batman: Arkham Asylum, that game deserves every 10/10 they could possibly throw at it. But there are a large amount of games getting these scores when they really don't offer anything new. It is my personal opinion that a game should only get a perfect to near perfect score if it offers something new AND does it well. Yes that would mean a hell of a lot less games getting these scores, but that is the way it should be.

Well that was fun, bike all the way down to FutureShop and arrive there at 10:10 only to find out they got Shit pumped as soon as they opened.

So great, my one day off this week and I'm probably gonna have to buy it at EB, since EVERYWHERE else is sold out. And get this, FS wouldn't even rain check me.

SERENITY NOW!!!!!

HOW THE HELL DO I PREORDER A GAME AND THEY DON'T HAVE IT DAY 1!!!! LIKE WHATS THE POINT OF EVEN PREORDERING????!!!!

I ordered from BestBuy about a week ago when it was still in stock, and there's no indication of them having it shipped yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

I went to Capilano Walmart in Edmonton at 8am and it seemed like they had a fair numbr of copies. She had some behind the counter so I can't say how many for sure... and who knows, they could be all out by now. I got my copy though, so I'm happy. :D

snagged mine in Mississauga about noon,
at the Future shop at dixie and dundas, place seem dead, didnt see any other people buying
seems like they have lots of copy of both ps3 and xbox 360
they were starting to put them in that anti theft plastic device

Ordered mine last week from Best Buy as well, and it hasn't shipped either. It also shows up as 'Out of Stock' on my order status. I'm not too worried though, plenty of other things to play in the meantime.

they didn't even have them put out yet when i went to the leamington wal-mart but they grabbed it out of the cart for me they only had like 6 or 8 ps3 versions and maybe 20 for the 360 nothing close the the approximate 100 for arkham asylum they had last time

[quote name='Angel Gamer']Did it look like they had a lot? I'm heading there around lunch time and I don't want to miss out on any.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I didn't get to this sooner (as you're probably already checking there as it's lunch time). Work can be a bugger sometimes.

Anyway, they definitely had more, but it didn't appear that they had that many ... maybe 2-3 more? That were actually in the display case. No idea if they had more elsewhere.

(This was in regards to 360 copies at Wal Mart @ Dufferin Mall)

BB Polo Park had a few copies left, not sure about FS. Grabbed mine via in-store pick up, ordered at 9:00 am local time, it was filled before store opening @ 10:00 am, and picked up at 11:30 am. Signed, sealed, delivered. Pow.

Got two major scores in the past 2 days (MW2 and this), I am a happy gamer right now. :)

I can confirm that the BB at Bramalea City Center has some left, they had roughly 10 copies for 360. Didn't look at Ps3...

[quote name='constellation']I ordered from BestBuy about a week ago when it was still in stock, and there's no indication of them having it shipped yet. Anyone else in the same boat?[/QUOTE]
Same here. I had someone check FS downtown Toronto at noon today for me so I could get the game faster, but they were sold out.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Future Shop in Guelph was cleaned out. Oh well, here's hoping BB ships it some time soon.[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to check the Guelph Wal-Mart? I called and got two answers:

1. "Were sold out and not expecting another order for a couple of days."

2. "We haven't gotten any copies yet and the order should come in sometime today."

I would just go there myself but it's the other end of town. And I'm just really ticked about that early morning bike ride to Futureshop that was 10mins too late.

[quote name='Grease_Bits']Did you happen to check the Guelph Wal-Mart? I called and got two answers:

2. "We haven't gotten any copies yet and the order should come in sometime today."[/QUOTE]

Nope, never checked Wal-Mart. No car = no Wal-Mart for me.

[quote name='Grease_Bits']Did you happen to check the Guelph Wal-Mart? I called and got two answers:

2. "We haven't gotten any copies yet and the order should come in sometime today."

I would just go there myself but it's the other end of town. And I'm just really ticked about that early morning bike ride to Futureshop that was 10mins too late.[/QUOTE]

I feel for you, I bike everywhere and as rewarding as physical activity is, it's extra disappointing when you work hard (not even including accumulating money for the game) and don't get yours.

Just got a call from the EB @ Clairfield, they got my order in. There goes my T3G1F/GG on Halo 3:ODST. I got $37 in FS credit, but knowing the incompetence that is the Guelph location I can rest assured that they will never get enough copies in, and in the rare case that they do, I can always pull the switcheroo on EB, meaning buy the copy from EB and play it. Then buy a copy from FS and take it back to EB unopened and get my full $69.99 money back saying I got another copy as a gift. God I hate Futureshop.

FutureSHOOOOOOOOOOOP!

I had two copies pre-ordered at the Downtown Edmonton location and what did they do!? They sold them all, is what they did!

Luckily the West Edmonton store still had seven copies left and I was able to do an in-store pickup there. Just got the confirmation email now. Close call.

I think "preordering" anywhere but EB is just a way to give stores your money early. Same goes with EB, generally speaking, but at least on stuff that is in limited quantity, they actually reserve a copy for you.

Any reports on stocks in Van City and lower B.C. Mainland (Surrey, Richmond)? Going to make a drive up after work tonight for dinner and this game, CAG reports are appreciated.

Well, I got my copy in luckily. Damn though, they sold out FAST! I got the 2nd last copy on my wal-mart over here in Windsor.....

I woke up this morning and did an in-store pick up at my FS and lucked into one. The guy told me they sold out within 15 minutes of store opening heh.

Guelph Wal-Mart has lots!!!

Go Now!!!

EDIT: Unbelievable. The freaking guy lied on the phone, I get there and not one copy. Soldout since 8am. They wouldn't even give me a rain check after I traveled all the way across town. Luckily though one of the guys there was like "that's complete bullshit" and gave me a rain check anyways. So far today I've traveled by bike to Futureshop only to arrive 10minutes after opening to find they they sold out right when it opened (and let me tell you that is not a short bike ride). Then I call Wal-Mart to find out they have "lots" in stock only to find out the prick on the phone was lying. After all that work all I have to show for it is a Wal-Mart rain check that in all likely hood won't turnout into anything. I don't think the game is ever gonna live up to what I had to go through to get it. I've put too much work into this to buy it for $69.99, so I guess the only thing to do is to wait for somewhere to have it in stock and listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk_9sEhV3vM

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada stock of games is a joke.
Despite its sale price, this game isn't even one of those big name titles. Stores probably stock like 5 of each games that's why they depleted so fast.

[quote name='miriamleo']Canada stock of games is a joke.
Despite its sale price, this game isn't even one of those big name titles. Stores probably stock like 5 of each games that's why they depleted so fast.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it's just canada. I mean when things like Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 launched, there was billions of copies everywhere. Retailers sometimes don't want to take risks on borderlands...

Well not to mention the people who are in charge of ordering games usually aren't gamers.

Like the Walmart on Grandview Hwy that I mentioned. Even though they're the ones who started this whole deal all they had were 7 copies. And they called that a "super" center.

I made an instore pickup at the Queensway FS at like 1... and somehow it got filled. I think they are all sold out of both versions though, I know the 360 version is sold out for sure.

[quote name='Grease_Bits']Just got a call from the EB @ Clairfield, they got my order in. There goes my T3G1F/GG on Halo 3:ODST. I got $37 in FS credit, but knowing the incompetence that is the Guelph location I can rest assured that they will never get enough copies in, and in the rare case that they do, I can always pull the switcheroo on EB, meaning buy the copy from EB and play it. Then buy a copy from FS and take it back to EB unopened and get my full $69.99 money back saying I got another copy as a gift. God I hate Futureshop.[/QUOTE]

be careful with that. The EB versions are different. they have extra stuff and are tagged as EB versions. The staff member might notice.

Just got 2 copies for my friend and I at BestBuy, used this coupon to get 10$ off my order, so games ended up costing 34.99 each!

ps3dollar09290908.jpg

10132698.jpg

(universal coupon, it'll work for everyone)

[quote name='NWgamer666']Thanks for the heads up Ezero. That was where I was planning on going. Anywhere else I should look?[/QUOTE]

I'm out of ideas here too. The metrotown BB and FS showed as in stock earlier before I went to check walmart. Now they both show as OOS. :cry:

[quote name='matsam']
ps3dollar09290908.jpg

10132698.jpg

(universal coupon, it'll work for everyone)[/QUOTE]

Everyone except 360 players. :cry:

I'd buy the PS3 version if it wasn't for the fact that only two of my four-person Borderlands group own a PS3 in the first place. Damn lower install base...

[quote name='Bigkx']is there such a coupon for the xbox 360 games?[/QUOTE]
Not to my knowledge.
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Where did you get that coupon?[/QUOTE]
Given to Rewards Member's who bought their PS3 at Best Buy

I got the same coupon in my email because I bought a PS3 slim. Used it to get Uncharted 2 for $49.99. The coupon wouldn't scan though, the CSR said it was under their 'old system' so he ended up having to get a manager to do a price override for it. I might try to use it again when the new Ratchet comes out next week since it's only good until the 29th.

I was meaning to post the coupon last night for everyone, but got sidetracked. So thanks matsam for being helpful when my brain was not.

Check your local London Drugs. After failing to find a copy at Best Buy, Future Shop, and WalMart, I went to LD in complete desperation.

They had copies and they happily price matched the game for $39.96!

Got my copy at the Guelph Future Shop today :)

I ordered for in-stock pickup before work and picked it up on my way home from work.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I bought my 60GB in August of 2007 as well, and still managed to snag a coupon. Are you a rewards zone member, Solid?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm a member. I checked my email and haven't received that coupon. I get other Rewardzone emails though. I bought mine in July of 07.

[quote name='Talus']Got my copy at the Guelph Future Shop today :)

I ordered for in-stock pickup before work and picked it up on my way home from work.[/QUOTE]
Did you happen to check out how many copies they had??

For those in downtown Vancouver, it appears that BB on Cambie did not receive their shipments today. I was told they could be coming anytime within the next week. So if you have been waiting for a copy try checking the website over the next few days.

If you have a PS3 both Robson and Broadway are showing stock at this time.

At the Robson FS I managed to grab the last copy for 360 (sorry guys). Then the salesman pointed at me and declared that I got the last copy, pissing off a few behind me. It made me feel like an asshole.

bread's done
Back