Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

Oh and for those who couldn't get the corrosive achievement because of the glitch after you get the update and load the game with your character who got 25 or more corrosive kills it should pop up as you got the achievement.

I haven't played it yet (Batman's up now), but I have a question. I read the book and it says this person is good with this type of gun, but can I actually use any gun? Like, Mordicaih is the sniper, but could I use a shotgun/assault rifle too? Or are they tied to specific gun types?

Also, i've heard but not seen: I can make damn near any type of gun I want? Fire shooting rapidfire shotgun? Ice grenade-launching bazooka? Gnome launcher?

[quote name='Shockdrop']I haven't played it yet (Batman's up now), but I have a question. I read the book and it says this person is good with this type of gun, but can I actually use any gun? Like, Mordicaih is the sniper, but could I use a shotgun/assault rifle too? Or are they tied to specific gun types?

Also, i've heard but not seen: I can make damn near any type of gun I want? Fire shooting rapidfire shotgun? Ice grenade-launching bazooka? Gnome launcher?[/QUOTE]

1 Any character type can use any type of gun. So yes, Mordecai can be use a sniper or any type of gun he wants to use

2 You cannot make the weapons. They are randomly generated and you're able to loot them from chests, enemies, and obtain them from quests and missions. You'll be able to find a fire shooting rapid-fire shotgun with different mods, you just won't be able to per-say, make it.

Man, I love the dialouge written for Moxxi. My biggest complaint is after each round when you need to scavenger for ammo and health the game feels it's the best time to block your screen with what the next modification will be. Besides that, super speed with a horde running after you is such a panic filled rush.

solider's ammo regen mod fixes that. hail to the king baby...hail to the king. \m/_

...now if I can only play as Moxxxi instead of Lilith.

I'm a level 50 but I get pummeled in Mad Moxxi, even with other people. I played through the vast majority of the game on solo, so my highest weapons proficiency is 24 (combat rifle) and followed by 17 (SMG). I don't think any other gun type has cracked 10. Also, because I didn't play on co-op, I've missed out on the really stellar guns.

So in order to play better on Moxxi, I'll need to push further in playthrough 2, preferably with other people.

[quote name='kevlar51']I'm a level 50 but I get pummeled in Mad Moxxi, even with other people. I played through the vast majority of the game on solo, so my highest weapons proficiency is 24 (combat rifle) and followed by 17 (SMG). I don't think any other gun type has cracked 10. Also, because I didn't play on co-op, I've missed out on the really stellar guns.

So in order to play better on Moxxi, I'll need to push further in playthrough 2, preferably with other people.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat here. I can make it to the 3rd round solo, but i always get blind sided by a rocket or something and can't get enough damage in the fight for you life aspect.

Anyone, feel free to send me a friend request. I'm willing to grind for more powerful weapons, or play through the underdome. The only small issue is that I don't have a mic, the old one finally died on me.

Played some more Moxxi. My game bugged out and I can't get the quests past the first one. I still got the skill point, but as far as a I can tell, my game is borked for the other quest. I might be able to get achievements still.

The weapons spawn under Moxxi's tower after each boss wave, once the curtain is closing. They disappear after the 10 second countdown.

If you play with other people and have good weapons it's fairly easy. If you go down, you can kill enemies for second wind. If you don't have good weapons, then the enemies are bullet sponges and it's going to be hard to get second winds. My assault rifle w/ 4 fire chance destroys most of the guys. I have issues with the guardians and flaming enemies. I just picked up a high damage 2 shot 4 shock chance pistol which may be good for them.

It's fun. It's a little repetative, and on certain waves (like no shields) it's pretty easy to nearly get one shot. The boss waves still seem to me to be the easy ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stu_sjb137']I'm in the same boat here. I can make it to the 3rd round solo, but i always get blind sided by a rocket or something and can't get enough damage in the fight for you life aspect.

Anyone, feel free to send me a friend request. I'm willing to grind for more powerful weapons, or play through the underdome. The only small issue is that I don't have a mic, the old one finally died on me.[/QUOTE]

If you beat The Destroyer your second time through, you'll be able to get some powerful weapons at New Haven. There are a total of 5 chests in the town and they can all be gotten in about 2 minutes time.

There are two red chests (generates weapons + ammo) and three white chests (generates only weapons) in New Haven. I found the two red chests to have a higher chance of obtaining an Orange weapon (the rarest type of weapon), which is probably why I only farm three of the chests, as the other two I would have to get out of my way to get.

All you really have to do is get in, do a run, and exit. The game will automatically save for you. You just have to reload your save file to reload the chests. If any of you need help finding these chests, I can help.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']If you beat The Destroyer your second time through, you'll be able to get some powerful weapons at New Haven. There are a total of 5 chests in the town and they can all be gotten in about 2 minutes time.

There are two red chests (generates weapons + ammo) and three white chests (generates only weapons) in New Haven. I found the two red chests to have a higher chance of obtaining an Orange weapon (the rarest type of weapon), which is probably why I only farm three of the chests, as the other two I would have to get out of my way to get.

All you really have to do is get in, do a run, and exit. The game will automatically save for you. You just have to reload your save file to reload the chests. If any of you need help finding these chests, I can help.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks. I'm gonna give this a go tonight after work.

I just picked this up the other day. I like it so far, but I cannot make up my mind as to what character to play as..

Js1 just play more than one character! Lots of people do that. I have a Soldier and a Berserker, myself. If you get the Mad Moxxi DLC, it makes it really easy to trade items between characters, but it's not strictly necessary.

I just got this game last week, and love it. Did not get the dlc yet though. None of my friends have this game, so if anyone wants to get together for some co-op, PM me or message me on Live. I am only a level 13 right now, but kicking ass up the ladder as we speak!

[quote name='eastx']Js1 just play more than one character! Lots of people do that. I have a Soldier and a Berserker, myself. If you get the Mad Moxxi DLC, it makes it really easy to trade items between characters, but it's not strictly necessary.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. I got a lvl. 15 hunter and a lvl 7 soldier. This game is a BLAST! I've been playing it co-op with my nephew(talked him into buying yesterday). Is both of the DLC worth buying?

[quote name='js1']Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. I got a lvl. 15 hunter and a lvl 7 soldier. This game is a BLAST! I've been playing it co-op with my nephew(talked him into buying yesterday). Is both of the DLC worth buying?[/QUOTE]
Zombie Island of Dr.Ned I say hell yes. The writing and the new location makes it worth it. Hell the dialogue and the story within it are easily better then the one on disc I'd say.

Moxxi's Underworld is a maybe. I Say get to a higher level and know you're getting a Horde type mode, but it's still damn fun.

[quote name='bardockkun']Zombie Island of Dr.Ned I say hell yes. The writing and the new location makes it worth it. Hell the dialogue and the story within it are easily better then the one on disc I'd say.

Moxxi's Underworld is a maybe. I Say get to a higher level and know you're getting a Horde type mode, but it's still damn fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

both DLC are great, but finish the main game at least once before you worry about them. they are both based after the game in the timeline.

So I just got this game (playing single player, i know i know) and I'm going after the first guy on the board and hes level 11 and im level 7, and he's kicking my ass. what's the best way to grind to gain levels? those little pup things only give 1xp

[quote name='KongaKing']So I just got this game (playing single player, i know i know) and I'm going after the first guy on the board and hes level 11 and im level 7, and he's kicking my ass. what's the best way to grind to gain levels? those little pup things only give 1xp[/QUOTE]

Do the other quests that are available. There will pretty much always be enough side quests to do that will level you high enough to make the main quests easy if you do them all.

Just wander around. You'll get enough EXP soon. Venture into the big hideouts where tons of baddies lurk, there's always weapons there and lots of EXP to gain.

The thing I like most about Borderlands is that you can accept every mission and complete them all at once if they're in the same area and then go back and claim your reward. There are a few missions that you can double down on that are like this.

Geez, having a hard time enjoying the game due to the Xbox live population... Wish I had a better PC so I could enjoy on that platform instead :(

[quote name='kamui34']Geez, having a hard time enjoying the game due to the Xbox live population... Wish I had a better PC so I could enjoy on that platform instead :([/QUOTE]

Don't count on random games from LIVE to be of much help. They are full of maxed players looking to screw around and people who will steal any and all loot.

If you want to co-op send a FR to some of the people here, most (if not all) will help you out

Crap my game was glitching like semi freezing up, happened mostly with a lot of things happening on screen. I hope it's the game and not my 360 dying. On my second playthrough the sound, mostly dialogue, doubled, never had this problem before.

im looking for two people (or one person, either way) who are level 50 to play the long tournaments in mad moxi's underdome, im a level 50 siren, and my friend that i play with is a level 50 berserker. dont really care if we duplicate character's, i just think the game will be easier with 4 people. if you want to play send me a friend request on xbl, my gamertag is crzyjoeguy. we will be playing today probobly around 3 p.m est. and then again later tonight possibly, if not tonight then tomorrow.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']im looking for two people (or one person, either way) who are level 50 to play the long tournaments in mad moxi's underdome[/QUOTE]
Friend req sent. How long did it take you to finish the long tournament in the Gully-- does it really take a few hours?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Friend req sent. How long did it take you to finish the long tournament in the Gully-- does it really take a few hours?[/QUOTE]

it would have taken roughly 4 hours most likely, but my 3rd friend dropped out after round 15 so it took me an my other friend a very long time to beat it, took us roughly 7 hours because we kept failing round 17, and having to go back to round 16 (every time we failed we would take a break). but it looks like it should take about 4 hours or so, depending on how many breaks are taken if any. but my file got corrupt so i have to do the gully again anyway. also it looks like i wont be ready until about 3:30 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyjoeguy']it would have taken roughly 4 hours most likely[/QUOTE]
Yikes. I was kind of hoping that those quotes were exaggerated. I rarely have time to sit down and play Xbox for more than an hour at a time, much less four hours. :p

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yikes. I was kind of hoping that those quotes were exaggerated. I rarely have time to sit down and play Xbox for more than an hour at a time, much less four hours. :p[/QUOTE]

yeah, i was also. but from what i saw the quotes are just about right.well im getting on xbox and getting some weapons from my friend, and then we will be ready to play if anyone wants to get on.

I'm playing it now. Lvl 6 or 7 Hunter. So far i'm going good with snipers for long range, then shotgun blasts to the face :) I wanna do split screen, but my TV is so damn small I can barely see anything full screen.

Also, did anyone else die right after getting off the bus? Not fun. Not fun at all.

I'll be online for most of the afternoon today probably playing Darksiders. But if anyone wants to do some Mad Moxxi, I haven't touched the DLC yet, but I have a couple lvl 50s which have already beaten second playthrough.

GT - Ichthultu

Hey guys I'm about to get the game and heard that the best way to play this game is thru co op. No one on my freinds list is playing this so I'm looking for pple who want to start off with me. Send me a freind request if u wanna play. I know I'm kinda late to the party but school has cut into my gaming time

His complaints are all valid. I haven't spent enough time in the Underdome to make a fair evaluation, but I didn't enjoy the first part of it.

Here's a post I stole from neogaf, I think it's the best summary/review of the DLC I've read.

Originally Posted by oktarb:
Here's my summary of the DLC thus far.

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned:
Great DLC. Funny, moody and just plain fun. I recommend this for character 30+ but not for end game characters.

PROs:
+ Great fun environment
+ Comedy gold. References to scooby do and L4D that killed me.
+ New enemy varieties.

CONs:
- No weapon skill increase.
- Same weapon engine - same toys.
- Zombie Brain quest is tedious and they shouldn't drop until you start the quest.

BOTTOM LINE: Recommend Buying

Mad Moxxies Underdome Riot:
I love horde modes and thought this one was a clincher. Overall I enjoy it but it has serious flaws.

PROs:
+ Great vibe. I want to kill shit in this zone.
+ Extra skill points
+ Good fro working on co-op builds.

CONs:
- Bank is not shared across characters. Why oh why?
- No randomixes enemiy waves. Become very predicable.
- Greater Arena are crazy long for no good reason.
- Weapon drops are shit. Again same wepon engine. After surviving a massive wave of shit, I should not find a white piece of junk pistol. I can get far far better loot by grinding New Haven on the 3rd play through. They seriously need to work on there reward escalation.

BOTTOM LINE: Recommend Buying only if you simply must have it.

I kept getting owned in the arenas as a new 50. You can do the short ones but for the long arenas, you need to do some farming and get some better gear. The long arenas suck bad, pray you don't get completely bs enemy buff combinations like super fast + less dmg taken + more accurate

This is something you'll want to do with some friends who will sit through it for a few hours.

I'm starting to like the Eridian sniper that I found but I am quickly outgrowing it (req 19, I'm a few hairs away from lvl 30)

Looking for someone on PC to play through with, again. Nobody on my friend's list (INCLUDING MIKE NEUMANN) even touch the game anymore :( Just one person, I think, since I found 3 and 4 player games to be hectic and unnecessary since it causes more problems.

I've got a 50 Siren, 50 Soldier (3rd playthrough), and 50 hunter, as well as a few lower levels. Albeit I'm in no rush to go through the Arid Badlands again, I loaded up my Soldier in the Haven base near the end of the game, and had a bunch of fun, and I'd very much like to get back into it. So, yes, hopefully I can find someone who just got the game, or wants to replay it.

Hopefully with a microphone and Skype or Ventrilo.

Here's my SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rhett816

I also have no DLC. I may be willing to pick up Zombehs at some point though.

Ordered it this morning from Gamestop. Ended up paying 39.00 after edge and cag16 as well as saver shipping. Any recommendations on a starter class when it get here?

All of the classes are very capable and flexible. Just ask yourself what sounds the coolest: laying down a rocket turret, siccing a bird on dudes, punching limbs off, or being a hot girl.

(What does it say about me that I chose the hot girl?...)

it's possible that they're using the same wpn generation engine in the DLC's so that you can still play with ppl who don't have the DLC. I'd imagine there'd be a lot of less multiplayer and a lot more complaints if versions weren't compatiable with each other.

I haven't DL'd it yet, no reason until the rest of my buds get it and they have yet to finish Dr. Ned. Though I suppose if you wanted to cheese it, you could just do the Arena on playthrough 1 with your lvl 50.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone up for some Moxxi long tournament action tonight, send me a req![/QUOTE]

Ryu, my buddy Bkitty, and another guy, (JuniorWingman) just finished the Gully long tournament. We all died on round 15 and got knocked back to round 14, but otherwise it went off nicely. Took a while though. 3 sirens and 1 hunter.

These tournaments would feel more rewarding if you got WP for your kills (I know WP is tied to xp... nevertheless...) That, and if the weapon drops were better. 4 players and we saw only a handful of orange items, nothing noteworthy, and it was still predominately eridian and green crap!

[quote name='Kreutz']Ryu, my buddy Bkitty, and another guy, (JuniorWingman) just finished the Gully long tournament. We all died on round 15 and got knocked back to round 14, but otherwise it went off nicely. Took a while though. 3 sirens and 1 hunter.[/QUOTE]
Took just about three hours, and that was with only the one team wipe. It was definitely fun the whole way through, but I feel like 12 rounds might have been the sweet spot. I can only imagine the frustration if you played for two hours straight only to have the host disconnect or something. On the other hand, the Achievements in Borderlands are so easy overall that it's cool to have a few that actually feel exclusive.

[quote name='Gamer_4_life']I have never played this game....[/QUOTE]

And why are you posting? Dumb posts are not the way to break in your account.

bread's done
Back