Borderlands (PC) 19.99. Eligible for Amazon Prime! Amazon matched Gamestop's Deal!

crovakiet

CAGiversary!
AMAZON MATCHED Gamestop's Borderlands (PC) deal of 19.99(thanks to drock!)

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-P..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1259288201&sr=8-3

19.99 and eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime! Get to it!

**GAMESTOP DEAL IS DEAD!**

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68444

Borderlands (PC) 19.99+tax(for CA at least). Online Sale Only. Use coupon code SAVER for free shipping (only works for orders 25$ and up) if you plan to buy something else with it such as another game.

Was on SD. Didnt see it posted here.

**UPDATED** Deal is dead :bomb: as the price was increased to 39.99. Gratz to those who got in on this deal as it was pretty good one in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually ordered this from Gamestop but switched to amazon because I have credit.... The question is can I return my on-line order from gamestop.com to the store?

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I actually ordered this from Gamestop but switched to amazon because I have credit.... The question is can I return my on-line order from gamestop.com to the store?[/QUOTE]

As long as you haven't opened it, you should be able to. I checked Gamestop's return policy since I did the same thing since I was able to spend less to get the FSSS with Amazon. Unfortunately that nice "Cancel Shipment" button didn't work for me where it claims the order has already been packaged for shipment. I emailed their support as one last ditch effort, but worse comes to worse, I'll just take it to a local gamestop without even opening the box that the two games I ordered are shipping in just so they have as little reason as possible to deny a return.

Per Gamestop http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/returns.aspx

To return products purchased Online:

Online:
To return or exchange an item to GameStop.com, include the packing list, identify the reason for the return and send it to the address on the return shipping label.

Store:
Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval.

Handling costs are non-refundable. If the reason for your return is due to our error, please contact us at the number below for a handling credit.

Any new product shipped from us between October 15, 2009 and December 24th, 2009 may be returned, with packing list, by January 15th, 2010. Packaging must be unopened and in resale condition.

If you had obtained free shipping, then returning the item in store per their policy SHOULD be no problem however if you did not get free shipping, they won't refund you the shipping/handling per their policy as aforementioned.

just grabbed it for a grand total of $4.95!!!!! sweet deal if you ask me. i was very tempted to eventually pick this game up to try it but for 20 bucks (with my $20 amazon credit from buying MW2) i only had to pay shipping, an offer i couldnt refuse!

Didn't I just buy this on launch on steam? lmao.

Glad I only played 34 or so with the 4 pack group thing, enjoy the game guys. It's alot of fun.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Borderlands is my game of the year for me. I paid $50 for the PC and found it so worth the price. $20 is an amazing steal.[/QUOTE]

Same here - but I paid $45 on week of release. :p
$20 is an amazing steal for this.

[quote name='Tsukento']Out of curiosity, why is the PC version rated lower than the console versions on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's because of the people who leave one star reviews for any game with Securom.

[quote name='Tsukento']Out of curiosity, why is the PC version rated lower than the console versions on Amazon?[/QUOTE]
It's a shitty port. You have to edit config files for a lot of things that are standard in PC games.

It's been patched now, but when the game came out you had no option to mute other players, mute your own mic, etc. Just bad.

I'm leaning toward passing on this, because I want to save for the next four days of Steam specials. Hoping to see deals on Sniper Elite, Call of Duty WoW, and, although it's just been released, Serious Sam HD.

@ Tsukento: No one likes securerom, so they rebel by giving low ratings to good games with it. I personally prefer using steam if I had to choose DRM.

[quote name='Jodou']It's a shitty port. You have to edit config files for a lot of things that are standard in PC games.

It's been patched now, but when the game came out you had no option to mute other players, mute your own mic, etc. Just bad.[/QUOTE]
Ouch.

Nevertheless, it is pretty much fixed by now though, yes?

[quote name='tenchim86']@ Tsukento: No one likes securerom, so they rebel by giving low ratings to good games with it. I personally prefer using steam if I had to choose DRM.[/QUOTE]

From what I hear this game is weird as far a securom goes it has no cd key it just requires you be online to install it so it can check its past release date. Apparently future presses of this game will not have this check. I will wait personally.

[quote name='Tsukento']Ouch.

Nevertheless, it is pretty much fixed by now though, yes?[/QUOTE]
Just the voice chat, but the game still leaves much to be desired as PC gamer friendly. That and PC is the last platform to receive patches, DLC, etc. Not sure why Gearbox is shitting on the PC community since we gave them their start. Growing trend with companies these days. . .

[quote name='z3razerviper']From what I hear this game is weird as far a securom goes it has no cd key it just requires you be online to install it so it can check its past release date. Apparently future presses of this game will not have this check. I will wait personally.[/QUOTE]
Pirates can play this game online because they have no authentication servers, too. It's also incredibly easy to hack, but it's all co-op so nobody cares. Think open Bnet D2 and that's Borderlands.

Argh, limit to 1? That's super obnoxious. I ordered one through Amazon since I had credit, but now I guess I have to return just one of the Gamestop ones.

Here's to hoping Amazon matches L4D2...

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Argh, limit to 1? That's super obnoxious. I ordered one through Amazon since I had credit, but now I guess I have to return just one of the Gamestop ones.

Here's to hoping Amazon matches L4D2...[/QUOTE]

Limit to 1? That sucks, as I was hoping to score this for me and my brother and use the two for the free shipping. Looks like we'll just do it separately and find something to pad it with.

I bought it and padded the order with The Simpsons S3 DVD. Super Saver Shipping says it won't ship until Dec. 1, though. :(

Damn, I wish I waited for this one instead of ordering of Gamestop. I would have been able to use my Prime account.

bread's done
Back