Borderlands PC - $46 - Amazon (Steam Deals DEAD)

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
340x_borderlands_box_art.jpg

Amazon:
PC - $45.49 ($40.94 with ECA membership)

Those looking to get into a group of 4 for the discount should go to this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239381

IMO, this game looks great and will probably keep me busy throughout the winter.

EDIT: Sorry I haven't been keeping track. Seems to be there really is no reason to since most of the prices suck. I'll try to keep more of an eye on it and update this thread more often. Sorry for the waste of space on this non-deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is damn good. Got to play it at PAX and was completely blown away. And from chatting with Randy Pitchford and Mikey Neumann of Gearbox while waiting on line I have a very, very good feeling about the way they're handling the release. They're aiming for simultaneous release of DLC on all three platforms and they're even allowing both players to use their own saves and earn trophies on PS3 in split-screen co-op, which is almost unheard of on the platform.

And the box art looks even better as a huge ass poster. This is hands down the game to beat for Game of the Year 2009.

[quote name='hpv']This game is damn good. Got to play it at PAX and was completely blown away. And from chatting with Randy Pitchford and Mikey Neumann of Gearbox while waiting on line I have a very, very good feeling about the way they're handling the release. They're aiming for simultaneous release of DLC on all three platforms and they're even allowing both players to use their own saves and earn trophies on PS3 in split-screen co-op, which is almost unheard of on the platform.

And the box art looks even better as a huge ass poster. This is hands down the game to beat for Game of the Year 2009.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was there at PAX too and Borderlands was easily the best game I played there, IMO.

[quote name='reltoolman']did i miss it? amazon says $58, if that's the case I'm going to GS[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was really looking forward to getting it on Amazon...

It went to 59.99 like two weeks ago, atleast, and since then dropped a dollar. Can only hope it'll drop more since I put my order in at the 58.99 =/

[quote name='tex1ntux']Yesterday was the "official" pre-order bonus day.[/QUOTE]

damn, but I dunno if this will result in anything, but I ended up pre-ordering anyway from amazon for the ECA discount and no tax which I ended up saving like $12 at least. I have prime trial so here's to hoping release date delivery. If not then I may end up going to GS for the pre-order bonus and playing it on day one.. b/c I'm a nerd.

Borderlands was already an insta-buy, but it further cemented that spot with some achievement names. For the super delicate among us, i'll put my favorite in spoiler tags.

Borderlands has an achieve called
"Can't we get BEYOND thunderdome?"

QUICK!! NAME THAT REFERENCE!!

[quote name='MuzykMann']Borderlands was already an insta-buy, but it further cemented that spot with some achievement names. For the super delicate among us, i'll put my favorite in spoiler tags.

Borderlands has an achieve called
"Can't we get BEYOND thunderdome?"

QUICK!! NAME THAT REFERENCE!![/QUOTE]

I do not know. enlighten me please.

Guess I coulda put the answer in a spoiler tag too. That woulda cut back on douchey "I KNOW AND YOU DONT HAHAHA". My fault.

The aforementioned achievement references
Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Laserblast. Punchline to Crow and Servo's joke in the opening skit.

Last edited by a moderator:
could someone let me know if they see this for $54 on amazon again! I really want this game but I'm broke... and have a bunch of amazon credit... Thanks Cagers

Yeah, sorry CAGs, I wasn't really keeping track of the prices and now they all suck (except for the PC pre-order which is currently $45.49 and with ECA that brings it down to $40.94).

I'll do my best to keep it updated. Although I feel kinda bad now since this really isn't a deal at all. Hopefully Amazon will do a $10 video game credit with this title like they have with others.

Now a Mad Max game (specifically called The Road Warrior and having nothing to do with the atrocious Thunderdome) would be amazing ... I was really psyched for Borderlands until I read somewhere that it has no voice acting in-game. Is this true ... seems kind of like a short-change deal considering the number of games with decent voice acting these days?

Anyway, I'll probably still grab it ... but The Road Warrior (aka Mad Max 2 for our friends outside the U.S.) is by far the best post-apocalyptic film I have ever seen ... rent it, buy it ... watch it!

Ah shitty, it's $58.99. I pre ordered it on September 12 and it was $53.99, so I got it for $48.59 with ECA discount.

Game looks great though, I'm imagining a full out game similar to Resistance 2's amazing RPG co-op.

Gamestop had this pre-order bonus on their site:

Reserve Borderlands and receive the GameStop exclusive Gearbox Mercenary Weapon Pack. This exclusive weapon pack contains 8 unique in-game guns available only to players who pre-order through GameStop. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online Customers / Store Customers: Gearbox Mercenary Weapon Pack will come packaged with your game.

[quote name='carpwrist']You can update the OP Duke, best price just hit GoGamer. $53 shipped[/QUOTE]

Added GoGamer links. Thanks!

Also added link to Steam pre-order. $44.99 (10% off).

I'm going to wait on this to get cheaper. I don't want to get caught with like ODST, where I bought it for $50 and it drops to like $26...

couldn't find much of a deal right now on this.. looks like gogamer.com has the cheapest price (even cheaper than amazon with ECA). Fatwallet 3% cashback at gogamer as well..

Difference bewteen console games besides trophies and achievements? With Fallout 3, there have been screen shots and videos showing that the 360 version had better shading and enhanced graphics. Not sure how that will be in this game because of who stylized it is...it's really your preference.

One of the tricks some ppl have said with the GS preorder is, just sell the gearbox guns to a merchant for cash to buy other stuff...I like that idea a lot. imo, sometimes when you get too much frontloaded stuff on a game it can take away from the experience.

Sadly I made have to get this for xbox since most of my buddies that I play with don't have gaming computers anymore.

As for the box art, so long as the spine of the box art says the name of the game it doesn't matter what's on the cover as it will be sammich'd between ODST and RB2.

...and the only voice acting I need when I'm lighting up the enemy in multiplayer mode is... "Gah!!!!" followed by "thud."

eastx and Hydro2Oxide - I'm interested. I successfully managed an l4d2 4pack group recently too. We just need one more :)

PM'd. Let's rock this.

[quote name='___Vizion___']I'm down like James Brown if you guys want to complete the 4[/QUOTE]

Aww that's pretty cool, but most of my friends are console gamers so that's where we're getting it. Too bad, at that price I'm sure I could convince anyone to buy it knowing that it would be 4player co-op.

If anyone else wants to start up a 4 pack group I'd be interested. I just successfully did one with Bloodbooger for Left 4 Dead 2, and got it activated and everything.
Anyone in? PM me if anyone's starting a group #2

Vizion, are you cheating on us? Nevermind, I just read the PMs.

It's awesome that PC gamers will be able to get Borderlands for such an awesome price (and make friends to play co-op with too).

I'd like to point out that this is the second news post on Steam that has used the phrase "play it the moment it's released!" It almost sounds as if there will be a pre-load, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until they actually let people start pre-loading.

I was really hyping borderlands but after the recent gameplay vids came out, it began looking bland. I have to hold out for the time being.

Hmm...might have to consider that 4-pack. I guess it'll still be around after the game launches, though, and I really wanna try it first.

Would be a shame to have it only on Steam, though, because seriously, I have to have that box on my shelf. What a great cover.

bread's done
Back