Borders HD-DVD Sale ($9.99 Boxsets)

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
All credit for this find goes to kill3r7, who originally posted this deal in the HD-DVD Discussion thread.

Borders has almost all of their HD-DVDs on sale for $9.99. While a lot of these aren't that exciting for that price, if you keep on searching you will find some amazing deals.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...mpid=e4-112708

For instance, I got all of these for $9.99 a piece:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heroes: Season 1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Season One[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Best of HD DVD, Vol. 1
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Planet Earth: The Complete Collection[/FONT]

I wanted to share this with the CAG community. I thought about just letting my order process to avoid possible cancellation, but this deal is just too good not to share with you guys. Hopefully it's not a price mistake, but we shall see.

I just looked at my Transaction History and apparently my Best of Vol. 1 was cancelled too. Since I was probably one of the first to get in on the deal, don't get your hopes up for receiving that one.

Other than that, the rest of my order still says In Process, so hopefully they will go through.

[quote name='bigwoof']they are hd dvds. they will be worth cents in the next few months[/quote]

Baloney. Not new they won't. They are still HD versions of what is likely the last format you will be able to "own" the movies. I've got a combo BD/HDDVD drive in my HTPC (which was on sale this weekend for $9x dollars) and they are just as good as BD in that player with HTPC software.

I chose the free shipping to my local Borders to save on the $2.98 shipping.
I pass by it every other day so no extra cost on my end.

Thanks OP.

No surprise, but they canceled most my order already, and I am awaiting the final cancellation e-mail. Oh, well. It was worth a shot. Wish they would have taken the stuff down if it was already gone.

Mine still show as backordered, but I know I'm not immune--I agree Borders needs a real time web frontend to their inventory database. Ah well, it was exciting while it lasted. :p

My orders for Planet Earth, Sopranos Season Six Pt. 1 and Sopranos Season Six Pt. 2 just changed from "Backordered" to "In Process." Hopefully that's a good sign. My Royal Space Force and Mahler orders have always been listed as "In Process," and my order for Best of HD DVD was already canceled a couple hours after I placed it earlier today.

For some reason I still can't access my order on the site, but the email I received shows all three in process. Would you say this is perhaps a good sign?

Edit: finally got it come up, using the guest login even though I registered and they still say in process

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that even though many people are reporting that their orders are 'in process' that they will be canceled eventually.

It's a weekend and the only thing doing the work right now has to be their website; no orders are being fulfilled today, and I'm guessing that Borders doesn't have a real-time inventory system working with their site. Chances are the 'in-process' orders have been forwarded to personnel in a fulfillment facility, who will cancel the orders they won't be able to fill come today and tomorrow.

Of course that's just a guess, but I'd probably bet money on that scenario.

[quote name='Teqonix']I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that even though many people are reporting that their orders are 'in process' that they will be canceled eventually.

It's a weekend and the only thing doing the work right now has to be their website; no orders are being fulfilled today, and I'm guessing that Borders doesn't have a real-time inventory system working with their site. Chances are the 'in-process' orders have been forwarded to personnel in a fulfillment facility, who will cancel the orders they won't be able to fill come today and tomorrow.

Of course that's just a guess, but I'd probably bet money on that scenario.[/quote]

It looks like the canceled orders are those who ordered in the afternoon though

Stop raining on my parade lol

[quote name='JJSP']Where can I find a cheap HD-DVD drive?[/quote]

Ebay has a lot.. between $30 and $50 depending on used or new.
I am using on and it connects to your PC via USB and you have to use
the Tosh driver. Must use PowerDVD Ultra to play the HD-DVDs. Works great!

Both of my Sopranos sets were cancelled, BG and Royal Space are "In Process." I don't have high hopes, but good luck to all.

I ordered around 1:30 PM. I am still getting "in process" for Planet Earth, but I don't have high hopes, either. Plus, it was pretty much the one I wanted least, so it's not a big deal if they actually ship it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I ordered around 1:30 PM. I am still getting "in process" for Planet Earth, but I don't have high hopes, either. Plus, it was pretty much the one I wanted least, so it's not a big deal if they actually ship it.[/QUOTE]

Do not get discouraged....my order went from backorder yesterday to in processing today. Unless they are totally screwed up, I do not see how an order could go from backorder to in processing and then be cancelled. I only ordered Planet Earth. Many others ordered other items only to have them cancelled but I do not believe one person who ordered Planet Earth has posted here indicating their order was cancelled.

Ordered Wings of Honneamise and Battlestar Galactica. Both were listed as will ship in 2 weeks, both showed as backordered upon completion of the order. And I used a gift card from work so two HD-DVDs hopefully will be free. Now the waiting and hoping starts.

I just ordered Planet Earth this morning, and got "In Process". It's still available to buy. It's a good sign that they haven't removed it from the website yet.
By the way, it specifically says " Richard Attenborough" making it the BBC version, which is why I bought it. I didn't really care for the Sigourney version.

[quote name='techstar25']I just ordered Planet Earth this morning, and got "In Process". It's still available to buy. It's a good sign that they haven't removed it from the website yet.
By the way, it specifically says " Richard Attenborough" making it the BBC version, which is why I bought it. I didn't really care for the Sigourney version.[/QUOTE]

Same UPC code as the BBC version so yes it should be the BBC version.

[quote name='rcavictor1956']Do not get discouraged....my order went from backorder yesterday to in processing today. Unless they are totally screwed up, I do not see how an order could go from backorder to in processing and then be cancelled. I only ordered Planet Earth. Many others ordered other items only to have them cancelled but I do not believe one person who ordered Planet Earth has posted here indicating their order was cancelled.[/quote]

I ordered the Best of HDDVD boxset and both sopranos. I also kept the 2 day shipping on there hoping it would help it go through.

Already got my fatwallet cashback email for wings of hon mayonaisse. Usually that doesn't happen until an item ships. Weird.

EDIT: Oh, this isn't good. When I try to access my order status I get:

"We are having problem accessing your order information. Please try agin later."

Almost worth it for the "agin," however.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Already got my fatwallet cashback email for wings of hon mayonaisse. Usually that doesn't happen until an item ships. Weird.

"We are having problem accessing your order information. Please try agin later."

Almost worth it for the "agin," however.[/QUOTE]

got that message this morning.... an hour later i was able to view my order... which is still backordered.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Already got my fatwallet cashback email for wings of hon mayonaisse. Usually that doesn't happen until an item ships. Weird.

Almost worth it for the "agin," however.[/quote]

They're website is screwy

back when they had that 80% coupon which turned out to be an error, every time I checked the status of my order it gave me a java script error, and didn't show. still does to this day. Since the orders still show in my account

Doh! Just picked up Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Wings of H & Best of HDDVD Vol 1 for $41.35 shipped... thanks OP for killing my Wallet!!! ;)

I ordered

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Season One
Heroes: Season 1 [HD]
The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 1
The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 2
The Best of HD DVD, Vol. 1
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise

and all went from "Backordered" to "In Process" today... I'm still not going to get my hopes up that these will ship though.

Ordered Heroes and both Sopranos early this morning...not getting my hopes up but they did already charge my card for the order.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I ordered last night and it still doesn't appear in my order history. I did get an order confirmation email though.[/quote]

Make sure you aren't signed in and click the order history link near the top of the site.

When that comes up, use the right hand side and fill in your order number and last name

It should come up then, the same thing happened to me

for some reason it thought I was a guest when I checked out

My order changed from Backordered to In Process. Here's hoping they go through. Again, thank you very much OP (even though my wallet hates you and everyone else that has been posting deals the last few weeks, lol).

[quote name='MrDubbs']Make sure you aren't signed in and click the order history link near the top of the site.

When that comes up, use the right hand side and fill in your order number and last name

It should come up then, the same thing happened to me

for some reason it thought I was a guest when I checked out[/QUOTE]

I tried that method as well and it didn't work either at the time. It did eventually appear in both my order history and by using that method however.

All my items except Freedom are now listed as canceled. Did anyone's items actually ship?

bread's done
Back