Brand New Astro A50 for PS4 currently $97.50 at bestbuy.com. Possible Pricing Error

I jumped on a pair of these early on, but personally decided to cancel my own order. Apparently, the latest gen of these have a multitude of issues, especially concerning the battery, mic, and connectivity. The recent Amazon customer reviews on these are all over the place and 29% are 1% reviews.  I quickly read quite a few of them....which lead to the nuking of my own order. 

Not shitting on this thread in any way, as it is an incredible savings....just wanted to share some information regarding some tech concerns.

I wish the best of luck to those who do get the deal, and more importantly, get long-lasting value out of them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I jumped on a pair of these early on, but personally decided to cancel my own order. Apparently, the latest gen of these have a multitude of issues, especially concerning the battery, mic, and connectivity. The recent Amazon customer reviews on these are all over the place and 29% are 1% reviews. I quickly read quite a few of them....which lead to the nuking of my own order.

Not shitting on this thread in any way, as it is an incredible savings....just wanted to share some information regarding some tech concerns.

I wish the best of luck to those who do get the deal, and more importantly, get long-lasting value out of them.
Why I purchased the 2 year replacement plan for 14.99. Bestbuy let's you swap out for a new pair. No hassle.

I jumped on a pair of these early on, but personally decided to cancel my own order. Apparently, the latest gen of these have a multitude of issues, especially concerning the battery, mic, and connectivity. The recent Amazon customer reviews on these are all over the place and 29% are 1% reviews. I quickly read quite a few of them....which lead to the nuking of my own order.

I read similar things, and honestly I had a lot of issues with my A50s (pre dock model). Their customer service was decent, and so was the headset when it was working. This replacement pair is going out though...

Wish I could have bought your order from you before you canceled it :[

If anyone grabbed an extra pair and would help a borther out that would be swell.

Just DM me, looking forward to these!

I have a pair awaiting pickup but I just don’t m ow if I should. I have a turtle beach elite 800 that I never use but I am expecting a baby shortly though so I’m thinking I may use a headset more just to keep the noise down. Thoughts?

I have a pair awaiting pickup but I just don’t m ow if I should. I have a turtle beach elite 800 that I never use but I am expecting a baby shortly though so I’m thinking I may use a headset more just to keep the noise down. Thoughts?
Try them out, there worth it. Great sound quality and tons of options to tune them to your liking. There the most comfortable headphones I've ever used. (Previous gen). People hate on the 300 price tag but they are quality. At 100, you wont find better.

You should definitely get them especially if you are going to need to be quiet soon with the baby. They are amazing and you got them at a steal of a price.

Really wish I had the stones to drop a grand on these to resell like some of these Ebay flippers. Alas. More power to em I guess!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but will these work with the Xbox One also?
I have a more stupid question. I just found my old Astro A40 with mix amp in my basement but it is for my Xbox 360. Will that still work for the Xbox one? Haven’t had a chance to try to hook it up yet.

Any chance they cancel after they send the ready for pickup email? I was going to be there when they opened but I wont be able to until later.

I have a more stupid question. I just found my old Astro A40 with mix amp buy it is for my 360. Will that still work for the Xbox one? Haven’t had a chance to try to hook it up yet.
I currently use a pair of A40's with the older mixamp. Works fine for just audio, but I don't have the headset chat adapter for the controller so I can't use voice chat.

I kind of assumed this model would work on a Xbox and you only needed a base if you wanted to use your headset for multiple consoles. Am I wrong?
The headset itself is identical between both the PS4/Xbox versions, it's just that the base stations enable full functionality of the the chat portion of the headset. You can have a single headset and a base station of each console if you want a fully functional headset between both consoles.

I'm cheap as shit and don't use voice chat so I'll just use the PS4 base station for both consoles and swap the optical cables when I want to switch between them.

Any chance they cancel after they send the ready for pickup email? I was going to be there when they opened but I wont be able to until later.
People on SD are reporting successful pickups, not sure if they can do anything after it's marked "Ready for Pickup?"

Holy crap the build quality and sound are amazing on these things, huge upgrade from my old ones. Being wireless is another plus. I haven't tested the mic yet though, I'll do that later when my friends get on.

Thanks again for posting OP you're a damn legend lol

Anyone grab more than one and would be willing to sell? Willing to pay shipping as well.

Worth a shot lol. Need a pair to replace my Sony Golds that are too tight on my head and give me a headache.

My order still isn't available for pickup. Might have oversold.

I ordered the arctis 7 about an hour before this. Which one do you guys prefer for ps4

Damn, I was up when this was active, but was done checking sites for any deals at that point, as I would have for sure jumped on a pair. I own a first gen pair of these and they smoke, no question, and those reviews on Amazon always kept me from upgrading for the latest pairs. Even if they now suck, or quality is down, I would have gave these a shot, as that price can't be beat. In a worse case, a good holiday flip for some more shopping dollars.

I'm no gaming guru, so can't speak to what's out now in the headphone arena, but when I first bought mine, the A50 was the best offering of the time. I had the P5's Turtle Beaches at the time(I believe), but sold those as the quality was good, but the volume was never enough for me. I have to turn my A50 off of full, as they'll make me sick otherwise, as they are crazy loud, but in a good way, because If I ever want "11", it's there. LOL

Even when I first bought mine, I had two sets, as I got a crazy deal at the time, and one set was DOA for some reason, so the issues of now, may have been the issues of old, but my pair that worked, has never had an issue. I guess I should pull them out, as I haven't used them in awhile, but for the time I did, they where amazing(at least for my taste).

lol I had the Sony golds and returned them shits, the astros outclass them in every category. Especially at this price point.

bread's done
Back