Brand New PSP Stamina Battery(2200mah) 12.99 shipped. (Back in stock)

[quote name='Gorge']does this work on psp 3000's?[/quote]
would also like to know.

edit: Looking the page...the answer is "no." Only for the 1000 and 2000 model.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like a can't-miss deal, but I too would like to know where I could find the extra casing for the PSP-2000 model.

I have this exact battery and it works in my 3000. So for anyone curious it does. I need a black back for it though bc I only have a silver one (the color of my 2000).

just an FYI, they only have 50 (as of this post) left. Doesn't seem like a whole lot, so if ur interested, bite now (just placed my order when I saw that. too many deals lately have goon OOS on me)

[quote name='Zmonkay']just an FYI, they only have 50 (as of this post) left. Doesn't seem like a whole lot, so if ur interested, bite now (just placed my order when I saw that. too many deals lately have goon OOS on me)[/quote]Thanks for the heads-up; I just bit on the deal. Thanks a ton, OP! I've been meaning to play my PSP-2000 more frequently, and hopefully this battery will help out.

Awesome, been waiting for this to come back in stock. Thanks OP.

Also, thanks evilpotatoguy for linking to the covers. It totally sucks that Sony decided to discontinue the Extended Battery Kit.

I bit, even though I don't particularly need another battery, a single one with much longer life would be useful.

FINALLY, I got my psp 2000 used at a pawn shop, and its battery holds only a charge of about 2 hours before dying. I've been needing to get a real battery for a while.

[quote name='evilpotatoguy']I think DealExtreme has a few compatible extended battery covers:

Black PSPs:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1566 $2.06
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12374 $3.20 (for 2)

White PSPs:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1567 $2.06
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12375 $3.03 (for 2)

other colors are probably available, too
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Great.Thanks for the links.

It's $12.99 now, actually.

Bought one for my launch PSP. That original battery's been worthless for a long time now (and the system, too), but I decided I'd go ahead and get another battery just in case I needed it to be portable again.

Argh, damn you. I saw these about a month ago and I've been being cheap and holding off. Now that everyone knows about em I had to pick one up. I swear I was gonna tell y'all about it after I bought one though :roll:

If anyone's interested they have the PSP earbuds with remote control attached for $9. If you use your PSP for music at all these work as well as any other cheap earbuds and the remote is handy.

just a word of caution, dealextreme takes forever and a half since they ship from China. You can probably get a U.S. seller for the same price.

Ordered the Stamina Battery as well as a black cover from DealExtreme. This will definitely come in handy if I ever go on a long road trip or an airplane ride. 1200 mAh to 2200 mAh is practically double the battery life.

I don't recommend DealExtreme if your impatient. they always fall through but they always take about 4 weeks for delivery to arrive. Takes them about 3 weeks before they ship

thanks sdc. i guess 2 bucks for a cover isn't bad. i'm getting a good price on both seeing as it's free shipping, and i am quite patient. i bit.

man, i know i've been using my psp a LOT more than i ever used my ds, but the battery seems to go out daily for me. so this was a great purchase.

Great deal. These batteries are discontinued and third party PSP batteries are terrible. For the PSP 2000 you do need a replacement battery cover that will stick out slightly.

I am gonna bite on this, bought my PSP 2000 and launch and I love it so much but its a huge pain to keep it charged and my battery life is probably already diminished without me even noticing. It will also be impossible to find these batteries in the future, unless you go with a 3rd party which is horrible and dangerous.

I ordered this same battery for my PSP-3000 a couple of months ago from GameFunk.com, too. Totally official, and totally works! Make sure that you get an extended battery cover for it, though.

Man must have gotten one of the last ones here (sorry for helping to clean them out!). I am not worried about the cover I figure I will just sit the PSP in my logitech case and that will act like the cover.

Ordered one, but I feel like an idiot because I just bought a full priced ($40) battery kit from Sears last week and don't have the receipt anymore. Oh well, now I've got 2 stamina batteries :)

[quote name='ninja dog']Ordered one, but I feel like an idiot because I just bought a full priced ($40) battery kit from Sears last week and don't have the receipt anymore. Oh well, now I've got 2 stamina batteries :)[/QUOTE]

Perhaps hold onto it because its not being manufactured anymore and it will become worth something in the future. You could always pawn it off on ebay during Xmas time and someone will buy it because they think its the only way to get one of these batteries. Although I am not sure how long a lithium ion battery will last in storage but it shouldn't take too long to go up in value since there are tons of PSP's out there and lots of people will still need a battery.

There really aren't any good 3rd party solutions for PSP batteries, and as I mentioned before 3rd party batteries are dangerous and not worth using, they could cause an explosion or a fire and its not worth burning down your house over a couple dollars.

[quote name='SDC']Question: Are the Stamina/extended batteries larger capacity than the original 1000 series battery?[/quote]

And do you need a different cover for it?

[quote name='SDC']Question: Are the Stamina/extended batteries larger capacity than the original 1000 series battery?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DrNo888']And do you need a different cover for it?[/QUOTE]

I beleive it's been stated before, that this battery is bigger and for the 1000s you don't but the 2000s yes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='xycury']I beleive it's been stated before, that this battery is bigger and for the 1000s you don't but the 2000s yes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that you are correct about not needing a new battery cover for the 1000s and about needing a new battery cover for the 2000s. I assume that you are also correct in regards to my question, lol.

[quote name='SDC']I can tell you that you are correct about not needing a new battery cover for the 1000s and about needing a new battery cover for the 2000s. I assume that you are also correct in regards to my question, lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :cool: I don't own either, just bought a PSP slim from Dell (if it ships) and was just going by what I read.

Literacy & Comprehension FTW :bouncy:

Yea, the batteries add 80% of juice to your PSP 2000/slim and you'll need a larger battery cover. In comparison, the PSP phats only get 20% of extra juice. Good find OP

bread's done
Back