Braveheart and Gladiator Blu $10 @ Amazon

That's not the only thing.. alot of the doorbusters offered by walmart n best buy are price matched on amazon. picked up boondocks, the fountain, the departed..

Last edited by a moderator:
These are awesome deals. I picked up both of them. Also added american psycho for 7.99
Also I guess they come with a rebate form so if you have the original dvds your able to get 10dollar rebates for each dvd u own.

"The video quality of Braveheart on Blu-ray is... in a word... breathtaking"

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...83109.html#bra

Braveheart scored a 19/20
Gladiator scored a 15.5-17 / 20

The best regular DvDs are a 10/20

Goddammit. I promised myself I was not going to break and get Gladiator until they released a version without standard DVD issues, but $10? :shock:
There could be a smear of poop on 80% of the print run and I'd still give it a go for $10!

[quote name='dv8mad']Goddammit. I promised myself I was not going to break and get Gladiator until they released a version without standard DVD issues, but $10? :shock:
There could be a smear of poop on 80% of the print run and I'd still give it a go for $10![/QUOTE]

I'm kinda with you on this one.... I mean it will almost certainly be an upgrade over DVD and for 10 bucks my wallet can take it

folks......let not forget....they have the mail in rebate for 10 dollars if you own previously on dvd......so its like a free upgrade to blu in the long run.

LOL JD, we both posted threads on this at the same time this morning!

I bet we both finished up our early early morning shopping (first games, then blu rays) and came over to report at the same time...

[quote name='flatliner718']folks......let not forget....they have the mail in rebate for 10 dollars if you own previously on dvd......so its like a free upgrade to blu in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Outstanding. Is the form included with the blu rays, or do we have to print them out online, or...?

[quote name='flatliner718']folks......let not forget....they have the mail in rebate for 10 dollars if you own previously on dvd......so its like a free upgrade to blu in the long run.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's what I'll be doing. Hell I might as well upgrade Braveheart as well then.

[quote name='62t']wait how much is the DVD upgrade? When does it expire?[/QUOTE]

$10 a piece, don't remember when it expires, but, IIRC, it's not until sometime next year.

Braveheart is a must buy on BluRay. It's a stellar transfer.

For the love of Victoria's Secret models, DO NOT buy Gladiator, even at $10. It's an abomination of a transfer with missing arrows, spears missing pieces in the middle and it has edge enhancement from hell.

Please, out of principle, don't support this kind of "cleaning" and tinkering.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu...n/91237-gladiator-comparison-pix-reviews.html
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1173155&highlight=gladiator

I already had Braveheart so I figured I'd finally get Gladiator. I know the transfer was an abomination, but $10 is better then not having the movie at all. I had traded the DVD in when the announced the BD. Stupid me, if I had kept it I could have gotten $10 mail in rebate.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']These are awesome deals. I picked up both of them. Also added american psycho for 7.99
Also I guess they come with a rebate form so if you have the original dvds your able to get 10dollar rebates for each dvd u own.[/QUOTE][quote name='flatliner718']folks......let not forget....they have the mail in rebate for 10 dollars if you own previously on dvd......so its like a free upgrade to blu in the long run.[/QUOTE]The fine print on the rebates says that the receipt needs to be from a store in the same state as your address so you might want to get them from Best Buy or Wal-Mart instead if you want the rebate.

Just curious about the rebate, does the regular DVD need to be the 2007 Special Collector's Edition, or can it be the original 2000 DVD release?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just curious about the rebate, does the regular DVD need to be the 2007 Special Collector's Edition, or can it be the original 2000 DVD release?[/QUOTE]

The original will work. I just got my rebate for using both original releases of Braveheart and Gladiator.

[quote name='ronin47']The original will work. I just got my rebate for using both original releases of Braveheart and Gladiator.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Good to know. Thanks, man!

After all this I am still undecided on Gladiator on Blu Ray. I still got a sealed copy of the DVD version

[quote name='Mojimbo']The fine print on the rebates says that the receipt needs to be from a store in the same state as your address so you might want to get them from Best Buy or Wal-Mart instead if you want the rebate.[/QUOTE]

So basically they are barring any online purchases unless as you stated one picks them up from BB or Walmart.

Oh well....$10.00 for Braveheart...I do not feel the need to mail it in anyhow. :)

[quote name='62t']After all this I am still undecided on Gladiator on Blu Ray. I still got a sealed copy of the DVD version[/QUOTE]

I thought it was worth the upgrade from the DVD. For $20 no way. But for $10 it is definately worth it.

[quote name='rcavictor1956']So basically they are barring any online purchases unless as you stated one picks them up from BB or Walmart.

Oh well....$10.00 for Braveheart...I do not feel the need to mail it in anyhow. :)[/QUOTE]

That would be a steal. However, we didn't have to wake up in the ass crack of dawn to fight off the crowds and risk getting trampled to death.

In for one along with the Fight Club/Boondock Saints deal and a couple Star Trek Blu-Rays as well.

$50 for 5 Blu-Rays is pretty good in my book.

I picked up Braveheart but held off on Gladiator in hopes of a better version in the future. I tell you what though, if Blu-rays were $10 normally, my collection would be much bigger!

[quote name='rcavictor1956']That is absolutely ignorant....so basically they are barring any online purchases unless as you stated one picks them up from BB or Walmart.

Oh well....$10.00 for Braveheart...I do not feel the need to mail it in anyhow. :)[/QUOTE]

I hate how people use the word "ignorant" improperly. I guess you're just ignorant. Seriously, I read your post and thought you meant that the person you were quoting and replying to was uninformed of the rebate.

[quote name='typical guy']I hate how people use the word "ignorant" improperly. I guess you're just ignorant. Seriously, I read your post and thought you meant that the person you were quoting and replying to was uninformed of the rebate.[/QUOTE]

That would make you stupid and ignorant.....do you understand the word jackass? Go away newbie....

[quote name='rcavictor1956']That would make you stupid and ignorant.....do you understand the word jackass? Go away newbie....[/QUOTE]

Again with the misuse of the word ignorant. The fact that I do not like others misusing the word "ignorant" does not: A) Make me stupid or B) Make me "ignorant" (what is it that you are implying I am ignorant of?).

You on the other hand are clearly ignorant of the definition of the word ignorant. If you were smarter, you would realize that this newbie would most likely "go away" if you simply did not reply to me. By continuing the conversation, you are simply inviting me to stay. Quite dumb of you.

[quote name='typical guy']Again with the misuse of the word ignorant. The fact that I do not like others misusing the word "ignorant" does not: A) Make me stupid or B) Make me "ignorant" (what is it that you are implying I am ignorant of?).

You on the other hand are clearly ignorant of the definition of the word ignorant. If you were smarter, you would realize that this newbie would most likely "go away" if you simply did not reply to me. By continuing the conversation, you are simply inviting me to stay. Quite dumb of you.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! Awesome. :applause:

The Braveheart deal went up to $12.99 + $2.98 Shipping = $15.97. Still not a bad deal, considering that I bought Fight Club from Walmart for about the same price with free shipping.

bread's done
Back