Break your launch 360s today! Warranty ends tomorrow!

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
At least thats what the 360 rep told me.

(EDIT: Thanks nintendokid for your insight on forum spelling etiquette.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benjamouth']I thought it was this month sometime, wonder how much they'll be looking to charge you from now on.:whistle2:k[/quote]

Now that is an interesting question.

[quote name='kewlrabbit']Are there even any launch 360's that work anymore?[/QUOTE]

Mine says August 2005 on the back. Never been broken. Use it daily.

[quote name='Moxio']:rofl: @ paying $140 to get a RROD'ed 360 repaired.[/quote]
Yeah you can get a new Aracde unit with 2 (but crappy) games for $199 now.

Sad to think it's probably in your best interest to just trash your 360 should it break and buy a new one.

No, it's 3 years from the purchase date. Doesn't matter if it was built 2005 or last week. Official warranty info HERE

"Any Xbox 360 customer who experiences a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights will now be covered by a three year warranty from date of purchase."

The console serial code is the UPC scan code so when you buy a system the info is sent to Microsoft. You don't actually need proof of purchase when calling it in. By providing your serial number they know exactly when you bought it, what store you bought it from and what color panties you were wearing that day.

I believe the rep was trying to tell you that starting next week the earliest waves of 360 consoles sold during the launch of 2005 would no longer be fixed for free.

[quote name='nintendokid']By providing your serial number they know exactly when you bought it, what store you bought it from and what color panties you were wearing that day.[/quote]

Pink!

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Yeah you can get a new Aracde unit with 2 (but crappy) games for $199 now.

Sad to think it's probably in your best interest to just trash your 360 should it break and buy a new one.[/quote]

Or you could, ya know, sell it. Since people do buy broken consoles for repair parts.

[quote name='nintendokid']I believe the rep was trying to tell you that starting next week the earliest waves of 360 consoles sold during the launch of 2005 would no longer be fixed for free.[/quote]

No shit, hence the reason I said "Break your LAUNCH 360's today!", meaning AT LAUNCH.

LOL! I just had a mental image of the massive amounts of calls/repairs that would flood in on the last possible day ... ;) !

Crazy that it's been 3 years already since the 360 came into existence!!!

It's $100 not more then that outside of buying your own box.

But that's true, I rather spend $200 and get a new system with a 3 year RROD warranty, an extra wireless controller, memory card and some free arcade games. I just hope they make $200 elites in a few years or some black system so I could replace my elite when it dies in three years granted the 720 might be out by then and hopefully It's backwards.

It's been 3 years, wow! Time for a thread jack!

That wait fucking sucked. I sat in front of a best buy for like 12 hours in below zero weather. I went on impulse at 9pm, so no friends went with and I had to hang out with stereotypical best buy dudes for most of the time...I brought a sleeping bag, so I just rolled up in there and pretended to sleep while worrying about my cold toes, haha. Was nearly hypothermic and couldn't play games until that night afterward. And let me tell you, Perfect Dark Zero wasn't worth it :lol:

Call of Duty 2, GeoWars and Condemned were, luckily.

If someone's launch console didn't break by now, you should take a picture of it. It outlasted Microsoft's 3-year RROD warranty, it's famous!

[quote name='ninja dog']It's been 3 years, wow! Time for a thread jack!

That wait fucking sucked. I sat in front of a best buy for like 12 hours in below zero weather. I went on impulse at 9pm, so no friends went with and I had to hang out with stereotypical best buy dudes for most of the time...I brought a sleeping bag, so I just rolled up in there and pretended to sleep while worrying about my cold toes, haha. Was nearly hypothermic and couldn't play games until that night afterward. And let me tell you, Perfect Dark Zero wasn't worth it :lol:

Call of Duty 2, GeoWars and Condemned were, luckily.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the launch was pretty crappy now that I look at it, what was the last system to have a real good launch? Sega Dreamcast?

Next system they release I'll pre-order it ONLINE and have it delivered to my work place. Screw waiting in the cold I'll just pay the delivery fee.

Cod2 and Condemned both had good single player, but the Cod2 multi player was crap tastic for It's time. I was still playing Halo 2 at that point.

So what's the deal with the warranty if you're on your 3rd or 4th Replacement Xbox 360? Is the warranty based on when you bought your original Xbox 360 and once that hits the 3 years, no more warranty replacements regardless of the replacement date??

[quote name='mick16']So what's the deal with the warranty if you're on your 3rd or 4th Replacement Xbox 360? Is the warranty based on when you bought your original Xbox 360 and once that hits the 3 years, no more warranty replacements regardless of the replacement date??[/QUOTE]

I think they extend the warranty one year from the last RRoD incident, but don't quote me on that.

I know that if you need the Xbox repaired for any other issue they issue a year warranty from the last repair order, at least when I had my disc drive replaced in March that's what they told me. I'm not 100% sure if it's the same for the RRoD.

I really feel that they'll continue to fix RRoD problems without charging. I know they don't HAVE TO, but since they've gone on record to their shareholders that the console was faulty by design and all may fail, they would have a hard time defending the inevitable class action lawsuit coming their way if they don't just continue to fix them gratis.

My brother's launch console just got the RRoD last night. Unfortunately their support line was canceled. I'll be calling them later to see what they can do.

Alright, I got off the phone with Microsoft.

My brother's launch day console (manufactured 11/7/2005) is covered until December. Once he gets his repaired Xbox back the warranty is extended 3 months. From there you can purchase a one-year warranty for $24.95+tax or a two year for $59.90+tax.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Alright, I got off the phone with Microsoft.

My brother's launch day console (manufactured 11/7/2005) is covered until December. Once he gets his repaired Xbox back the warranty is extended 3 months. From there you can purchase a one-year warranty for $24.95+tax or a two year for $59.90+tax.[/QUOTE]

he is lucky his lasted this long. i am about to send in my 3rd console and none of them have lasted more than a full year even. first one was a few months after launch when i got it, it died like 11 months later due to freezing on every game. i got my replacement and that one got the 3-light RRoD about 8 months later. i bought myself a replacement elite and sold my old one to my brother for less than $100 when it got back and my elite lasted a whole like 6 or 7 months. seems to me that the later they were made, the less time they have lasted. this time i got an E73 error and i am extremely pissed off with MS now.

What a chump. Read your paperwork. It's 3 years from manufacturing date. If you bought an Xbox 360 recently you will still have 3 years to go on with RROD free replacement.

bread's done
Back