Brett Favre Is A Jet!

What the fuck.

Back to not caring about the NFL. That's what years of following the Lions gets you - more apathy than you could ever dream of.

This is like Ric Flair coming out of retire to wrestle for TNA. Well, at least he didn't sign with Tampa Bay...

I want Ted Thompson to blow out his brains. fuck Ted Thompson.

nfl_wartop.jpg

*vomits*

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Bills fans have it bad enough as it is, why couldn't the bastard go to Tampa?[/quote]

I second this, except as a Dolphins fan.

[quote name='rapsodist']So Madden 09's cover is already outdated?[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to get the game now because of that. I hope Tony Dungy doesn't get traded before the standalone version of Head Coach comes out.

Well, Aaron Rodgers is definitely feeling the pressure now. Now only does he have to fill Favre's shoes as the new QB in Green Bay, he actually now has to have a better season statistically and lead his team further than the legend he's replacing. All in all, a controversy and playing back-up to Favre one more year or two will be like a cake walk compared to the pressure he's feeling now.

[quote name='rapsodist']So Madden 09's cover is already outdated?[/quote]

Hah ha....I never thought about that!

Thats classic!

It matters what team a particular person plays for, because you can see so much of their personality and flair when they're playing a game covered in padding and a helmet.

The Packers will regret this. May this be the worst move in the franchises history. Fools. On that note....

CANT WAIT TO GO THE DEC 7 GAME TO WATCH MY NINERS FACE FAVRE!

[quote name='DT778']But will he show up?[/quote]
Who knows? But you'll see him every step of the way, from the moment he leaves his house to the minute he lands at the airport, all on Sportsce--I'm sorry, FavreCenter.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']What the fuck.

Back to not caring about the NFL. That's what years of following the Lions gets you - more apathy than you could ever dream of.[/quote]

Well, if you live in Michigan and like pro football, you never really followed the Lions to begin with. As bad as the "cat based teams" are here, at least we kick ass in hockey and college football.

I am a Jets fan and am happy about this, but even with Favre, I don't think we can make the playoffs.

Also, it will be quite strange to see Favre in anything other than a Packers uniform.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Well, if you live in Michigan and like pro football, you never really followed the Lions to begin with. As bad as the "cat based teams" are here, at least we kick ass in hockey and college football.[/QUOTE]

No kidding - I've been following the Wings for most of my life, and I go to Michigan. :D

And don't be too harsh on the Tigers - the World Series run in 2006 was a lot of fun, and at the moment I'm happy that I saw them get that far, even if they are heading towards Lions-level ineptitude.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Well, if you live in Michigan and like pro football, you never really followed the Lions to begin with. As bad as the "cat based teams" are here, at least we kick ass in hockey and college football.[/quote]

Hey, at least you have great college teams...we have an awesome hockey team too but wow...Rutgers' basketball team was losing to Div. 3 teams thus past year and Seton Hall is ALWAYS in the middle of the Big East- no higher, no lower.

Pro football is the only sport where the Michigan team is just unable to turn it around. You're right, the Tigers did. The Pistons definitely did. But the Lions are in a hole so deep my dad keeps reminding me the last time they won he wasn't even born yet. With the Red Sox curse ended, it's just a race to see who wins a championship first: the Chicago Cubs or the Detroit Lions.

The Lions would have half a chance if they'd finally get a decent coach who could chalk more wins than losses, and stop spending so much on overrated players that come in and fail completely. coughJoeyHarringtoncough. Maybe the Lions should tell players they'll pay them AFTER the season is over based on how well they did. ;)

Farve in anything but a Packers jersey is crazy. i had to borrow and modify a quote from dodgeball "Cotton McKnight: I'm being told that The Packers Will Be trading Brett Farve. Pepper Brooks: It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em. "

suprised no-one mentioned this, but is it possible that the "madden" curse could possibly be broken.. since he is no longer a packer and its the packer picture that graces the cover. i am a giants fan at heart, but i feel that favre will do good for the jets as they need a stable qb. chad can't stay off injury and its a shame with so much potential. GO G-Men

The Jets? I'm betting he is wishing he really did retire. He is leaving a place where he is pretty much a demi-god to a place where if he loses a couple of games he is going to get batteries chucked at his head.

you know, if the Madden curse is going to take effect, then it makes sense that Favre would go play for the accident-prone Jets. Poor Jets, he'll be out with a broken face bone in the second week...

Wow, I mean I like Brett Favre and all but he should just retire on a good note. He had a fantastic season last year and now he's going to go to a Jets team which is going to make him feel like crap at the end of theseason. I just can't see the Jets being in the playoffs with him so yeah makes no sense. Oh well, but really the Packers was going to give him 20 million to retire, come on man, 20 million. I think he's just making sure his record for most seasons played will forever be intact. What is it now 18 seasons and going?

bread's done
Back