BRIANSRAREGAMES' Pigskin Pick Em! Season Winners Announced!

Hey guys, just a brief note about team names:

You guys need to have your CAG user ID in your team name somewhere. I don't care if it's just your ID as the team name, or "XXXXXX's whatevers" but your ID must be there so I can post the standings every tuesday. Thanks a bunch, good luck!

-brian

[quote name='briansraregames']Hey guys, just a brief note about team names:

You guys need to have your CAG user ID in your team name somewhere. I don't care if it's just your ID as the team name, or "XXXXXX's whatevers" but your ID must be there so I can post the standings every tuesday. Thanks a bunch, good luck!

-brian[/quote]

how do we change it? if not can we just tell you what the name of our team is. mines yum yum squad.

[quote name='nakanenui']Just tried to join, but both are full. Are you gonna start a group 3?[/quote]

No, i'm sorry guys but there will only be two groups.

Are you only doing the 14 games listed in the OP or are we doing all 16 that Yahoo has listed? I don't want to give 14 points to a game that we may not be counting.

[quote name='Jobbercho']Are you only doing the 14 games listed in the OP or are we doing all 16 that Yahoo has listed? I don't want to give 14 points to a game that we may not be counting.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a good question. I hadn't even considered it when I filled out my picks. I put 9 on Indy and 5 on San Fran. If those games aren't counting I'll have to do some rearranging.

I'm also wondering if this contest will share the same prize pool as the HR Derby contest, or if it will have it's own unique list. Not that it should matter to me since I never win #-o , but I'm just curious.

[quote name='Jobbercho']Are you only doing the 14 games listed in the OP or are we doing all 16 that Yahoo has listed? I don't want to give 14 points to a game that we may not be counting.[/quote]

We're just going to go with the yahoo default setup, so just plan on setting points on all the games that they have listed for any given week.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Can you change your ID? I was one of the first and didn't know you had to put your CAG username..[/QUOTE]

How to change your team name:
1)Click on your Pick Set name in the list of names in the standings
2)On the screen where you select which week to edit your picks, there is a link under your pick set name that says Edit Pick Set Info. Click it.
3)Change your pick set name

Well, I guess it's about time to tell you all what you're playing for. Well, to celebrate the arrival of the NFL season, the week #1 winner will receive a Copy of Madden 08 for the system of their choice! (Or any other game of their choice priced $60 or less)

Wow, excellent prize. Brian, you're getting my vote for CAG of the Year this year.

I was all psyched last night with the Colts winning because I thought I had put a bunch of points on them. Turns out I only put 5 on Indy. Oh well, it's still something.

heh, last night before the game i told a friend i think the saints would win. check the pick em this morning i put 16 points on the colts to win. like i told my friend, colts are gonna crush the saints.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']heh, last night before the game i told a friend i think the saints would win. check the pick em this morning i put 16 points on the colts to win. like i told my friend, colts are gonna crush the saints.[/QUOTE]
I just noticed that I scored the confidence backwards. I scored 1 as most confident instead of 16. #-o

Dammit, I forgot that the first game was on thursday. Yahoo was supposed to send me an email update to set my picks, but it must have been messed up because of the early game. In other words, I already have no chance of winning.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Dammit, I forgot that the first game was on thursday. Yahoo was supposed to send me an email update to set my picks, but it must have been messed up because of the early game. In other words, I already have no chance of winning.[/QUOTE]
Check your spam or email on account, I got my update on Tuesday to pick 'em .. I sadly did it backwards though on accident, and put a 1 on the Colts, haha.

[quote name='briansraregames']Well, I guess it's about time to tell you all what you're playing for. Well, to celebrate the arrival of the NFL season, the week #1 winner will receive a Copy of Madden 08 for the system of their choice! (Or any other game of their choice priced $60 or less)[/quote]
Thats hot!
And though I might not win (picked New Orleans-but only 3 points), do you have a problem shipping to Canada? I have no problem paying for shipping if you do :D

[quote name='yummytyson']So is there going to be a prize per group or whoever has the highest points combined will win it?[/quote]

There will only be one prize a week for now. The player with the highest score of both groups will get the goods.

This will probably change after the baseball season (when home run derby is over), to the top two players (total, not of each group) getting a prize.

Oh wow a prize every week, I was under the impression it was an end prize (for some random reason) so I picked conservatively, time to kick it into high gear.

Also thanks for the awesome contests and prizes you give away week in and week out, I'm sure many CAGs love you.

[quote name='zerowing']Oh wow a prize every week, I was under the impression it was an end prize (for some random reason) so I picked conservatively, time to kick it into high gear.

Also thanks for the awesome contests and prizes you give away week in and week out, I'm sure many CAGs love you.[/quote]

No problem man, I really enjoy running the contests so It's fun for me too.

Briansraregames, you are absolutely amazing.
Thank you so much for running this and being generous enough to give a prize (and damn good prizes, it seems) every week.
Your the CAG of the year :D

Anyway, wtf Chiefs and Rams? Since when did you suck so much (Chiefs I knew, Rams...not so much)

How the heck did I miss this? Any chance of opening a 3rd group or is it to late? Both groups are full.....:D

Briansraregames is easily the CAG of the year for doing all these contests every week!

I've lost 3 so far, and they were my 4, 12, and 14 point games. I was curious where I stood in the pack with 30 points lost, so I started checking down the list one at a time. I didn't get all the way; I stopped at GLOCKGLOCK, who has just 13 points lost going into the Dallas-NYG game. His three remaining picks are the same as mine (Dallas, Baltimore, and San Fran), so I'm definitely done. Don't know whether he's the leader, but the next best total I saw was something like 23 points lost, so I'd say he's in good shape. Granted, there were a lot of people I didn't check.

bread's done
Back