Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2008

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Brick & Mortar Deal of the Year.
This award goes to the single best specific B&M (physical store) deal or sale of 2008.

Last year's winner:
Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year: Toy R Us: Super Mario Galaxy w/Free $25 Gift Card

Toys R Us came in first and second in this year's Brick & Mortar Deal of the Year Award. A free $25 gift card with Super Mario Galaxy during its first week of release was a fantastic deal, eclipsing TRU's own Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale, a perennial CAG favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blockbuster/GameRush "Buy 1 under $15 get 1 free" deal would be a hit if your local GameRush has a good selection, especially since games like GTAIV had their used price lowered to $14.99

I have to say Hollywood Video, even though I couldn't particpate. Hard to beat $4 games you can flip for crazy credit elsewhere. :looks at BBV.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Blockbuster/GameRush "Buy 1 under $15 get 1 free" deal would be a hit if your local GameRush has a good selection, especially since games like GTAIV had their used price lowered to $14.99[/quote]

that is also my pick

Sears clearance, Lair for $6.97 yo!
Also, Fred Meyer had a pretty decent sale before BF, Beautiful Katamari, Dead Rising, all $10.

I'm going to go with TRU selling Fantastic Four Wii for $4 while BBV gave $25 trade in for it. I got Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Rock Band complete kit for the Wii for about $40 total investment.

[quote name='botticus']TRU B2G1F again, not much else exciting for me this year.[/QUOTE]

Same here, TRU's B2G1.

The Target $10 off 360 game coupon + the $5 toys coupon. I'm still sitting on a boatload of the Microsoft Points I racked up with that deal.

[quote name='tmant']Same here, TRU's B2G1.[/QUOTE]
Same, especially since there were a lot of games to buy this season, I thought this deal was awesome. I still have a GC for a full priced title game from this deal. =]

Can I nominate two? Heh,

Gamestop's B2G1 free was the best B&M for me, but Circuit City's 120gb 360 hard drive for 99.99 and 79.99 was great, even though I didn't get in on it.

If it qualifies, I'll say Target's general clearances throughout the year. Specifically, I scored a Logitech bluetooth keyboard for my PS3 for about $20, regular price $80. Easily my best b&m deal of the year.

Blockbusters buy 1 get 1 free deal. they had a great selection (where i went) and was able to get some of the newer games marked down. besides that it wasnt that big a year for great deals ... as far as i can remember

bread's done
Back