Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Buy $20 preorder bonus deals! I got A LOT of games for next to nothing because of that stacked with their 100% trade-in bonuses!

I walked in to the Microsoft Store and walked out with $200+ worth of games for $50. Nobody beat that all year.

Microsoft Store Black Friday Sale, hands down.

[quote name='jrodri86']Toys R Us PC clearance sale hands down. No one rememebers this one? Skyrim, Diablo III, Starcraft II, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Batman AC. Sims 3 Ambitions, RAGE for $10 each one.[/QUOTE]

i would vote for this if i was able to find anything at my local store, but they were picked clean.

my personal best was the 3ds xl sale bestbuy had, with a buy two get one free at the same time on 3ds games. i love that system.

[quote name='argyle']The BB $20 bonus, but I'm going to say specifically for Halo 4. With their bonus + the Amex "pay you to play the game" deal, I ended up getting paid around $100 to beat that game. :D[/QUOTE]

this.

Gotta go with the Microsoft store Black Friday weekend sale. Was good online and in store. Lots of new titles were $10-$15. I've never seen another sale come anywhere close!

Throwing in for Microsoft Store's BF sale. So easy to walk into the store at the MoA and walk out in under 5 minutes with $15 games, then not have to deal with the craziness at Wal-Mart or Best Buy

Not sure if anyone put in the Black Friday deal at Target this past year for the 1600 MS points for 10$.

STILL can't believe that happened. Free money should take it.

Best Buy's summer sale. Wish I would have been able to get in on more of the deals!

UNQUESTIONABLY Microsoft's $9.99 sale. I was sleepless that night and browsing CAG in bed when I saw the thread light up like 4th of July. Almost the entire store was on sale for $9.99 with the newer games having their own markdowns. While I was able to get about 25 games (nearly all of which I kept for my collection), the process of actually getting them was pretty nightmarish. In the span of just an hour the website had been overloaded by the amount of web traffic. I wound up having to call in my orders which, although slow, worked like a charm each time and the CS reps on the other end were extremely friendly. I had to call twice because I just kept finding more deals after I would place an order. The only deal I missed out on was the SWToR CE for $9.99. I had it in my cart but since the site was crashing upon checkout, it eventually fell out of my cart and sold out. Regardless, I got a ton of newish games to keep me busy for a fraction of their prices. Would love to see another sale like this. :)

Best buy vs Best Buy! :D WHO WILL WIN? In all seriousness I think the Best Buy Reward zone $20 pre-order bonus takes the cake.

Bestbuy had good instore things for me throughout the year. A few gamer coupon things, pre orders, summer sale, and a decent black friday.

While all these were great deals, I voted BBY as it was a prolonged sale all year round. Coupled with the 60 day PM policy I got all new games last year on release, sold the DLC, Pmed them down allowing me to game all year long and MAKE $10-$20 on each game after trading them back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back