Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
KB Toys Fall Clearance with the $1 - $10 games for all systems. Also I'm not sure if it counts as a seperate deal or not since the fall clearance games were included but they also had Buy 1 Get 1 Free on All games so getting new release games as well as the clearance games for 1/2 off basically also made the deal even greater.

[quote name='kjauburn']Gamerush trade 2 get 1 for $29.99. I know my collection grew overnight thanks to the high trade in prices on a few games...[/QUOTE]

ditto

[quote name='sabin23']Blockbuster Trade in 3 games* and get any used game for $5

* i was able to trade in old sports games at my BBs, even though they were supposed to be excluded... and the games I traded in counted as store credit too![/QUOTE]

surprised that no one else mentioned this deal, this is easily the best deal of the year hands down, the tru sale is a good sale but most of the good titles were gone on the frist day. How many people actually got dds?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']KB Toys Fall Clearance with the $1 - $10 games for all systems. Also I'm not sure if it counts as a seperate deal or not since the fall clearance games were included but they also had Buy 1 Get 1 Free on All games so getting new release games as well as the clearance games for 1/2 off basically also made the deal even greater.[/QUOTE]

best sale i dealt with in a while

The combo of McD/Best Buy $5 off PS2 coupon and the EB Games Trade-in 3 PO games and get GT4. The combination allowed me to build some EB credit (for about a quarter on the dollar) and also get a copy of GT4.

[quote name='cheapfrag']The combo of McD/Best Buy $5 off PS2 coupon and the EB Games Trade-in 3 PO games and get GT4. The combination allowed me to build some EB credit (for about a quarter on the dollar) and also get a copy of GT4.[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of combos - this combo, as well as the EB/TRU green-tag combo from very early in the year (Feb?). GT was at 90% (eg, $1 for Mojo) and EB had their $10 bonus for 2 trade-ins with the only restricted titles being yearly sports games. That was my first big deal, and the first time I had ever traded in games. I used it to fund half of my PS2 and DS system purchases.

But, hands down, the Gamerush Trade 2 Get any New Game (first part of 2005) or Preorder (nearly all year) for $29.99, in combination with SEVERAL other deals (TRU 90% GT, CC $1.99 summer clearance, etc), was BY FAR the best deal for me. I was able to preorder just about every PS2, Gamecube, PSP, and DS title I wanted from early Spring though mid-late 2006 (Zelda and FF XII, I'm looking at you!) for around $12 out of pocket (since, for those who don't know, you also get the trade-in value of the games).

The TRU Dec clearance is nice for those who could find anything - the only game I got out of it was WarioWare for GC, and some trade fodder for Gamerush (Ghost in the Shell, King of Fighters Maximum Impact, things like that which are still sitting on TRU shelves). I just hope that doesn't win simply because it is the most recent good deal.

Since GR deals are somewhat limited due to location, I would probably put the EB Games $10 bonus deal (in combo with the TRU 90% GT) as the best - as that was available to pretty much everyone in the US.

Overall, though, 2005 was a great year to be a CAG - I'm glad I joined right at the beginning of it! Sure, I missed the classic Circuit City $5 sale (Summer 2004 - being an ignorant gamer back then, I went to it after it was advertized in the paper and found out to my dismay that all the good stuff had been purchased prior to the sale date by people with lists from the Internet - probably some of you bastards :D) but I more than made up for it this year.

The ebgames Paper Mario deal.

The K-Mart Metroid Prime/Wavebird Controller combo for $20.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']EB's trade 2 get an extra $10 trade-in deal back at the beginning of the year. Traded some TRU GT games and got enough to cover both MVP Baseball 2005 and GT4 preorders which came in on the same day!

I guess the TRU Green Tag sale would be included as well, since I'd never be able to take advantage of the trade-in deal without it. I know a few CAG's funded PSP purchases with these two deals.[/QUOTE]

I think many cags forgot about this. This helped me stockpile some good ebames credit (which is now gone) but it was really fun while it lasted. This deal was golden.

$10 off BB coupons FTW! Easy, simple, you could actually find what you wanted and great deals on hot new games, many of which probably won't be found cheaper for a year at some random clearance that you'll have to pray and fight to actually find what you want.

Toys R Us clearance in general. December was great, but I also picked up a lot at TRU in January/February when it went 70-90% off.

$10 off $30 game coupons @ BB, for sure. I've used several, and DS games at 1/3 off retail value is great. $20 for Trauma Center.

The 3 GBA Games, NO EXCLUSIONS, for Nintendogs was not too shabby, either.

The 90% off green tagged items was the best at TRU, which they had early in the year, along with the trade 2, get an extra $10 at EB Games which was simultaneous with the deal at the time.. though I would just nominate TRU. Now when I see some older green tagged item at TRU, of being at just 10-30% off seems kinda ripped off when i could've gotten it about thrice as cheaper if I had just bought it earlier..

The $1.99 Circuit City game clearance. Not many people seem to remember it but you would if you got La Pucelle Tactics, Skies of Arcadia Legends, and Dynasty Warriors 4 XL for $1.99 each!

[quote name='kjauburn']Gamerush trade 2 get 1 for $29.99. I know my collection grew overnight thanks to the high trade in prices on a few games...[/QUOTE]

Definately agree with that one.

For me it was the $99 DS at Target, plus being able to use the $10 off $100 coupon in their catalog as well to get a DS for ~$96 including tax. Of course, I was lucky enough to have someone mail me a catalog they had already used to PM elsewhere with the $10 coupon intact.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']BB and the $10 off coupon. We should have a hyped up sale thread and for that I would nominate Gamefly.com free shipping sale.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, the $10 coupon is probably my favorite of the year as some punk ass hoarder got to every TRU before I could. The CC $10 sale was pretty decent I would have to say, but it just didn't cut it like the 2004 did. That was "da' uber freakin' b0mb roxXors!'"

Completely forgot about the Sam Goody $9 B&M sale, make sure that makes it on there. Got a lot of good things there that haven't been that cheap elsewhere (Fable for $9 comes to mind).

TRU is the only store that really had a good B&M deal... the green tag plus the $9.98 sale were rather nice.

The Blockbuster trade in 3, get any pre-owned game for $5 was also awesome. The $10 BB coupon didn't work for everyone... my BB didn't accept copies/printed coupons so I was only able to get two of those books and used 1 to pick up MKDS and my brother took the other one. My BB didn't carry the games I wanted to use this on...

Another good nomination would be the BB $5 off PS2 game coupon that garnered lots of free games - not that i think its better than the TRU clearance, but its better than some other nominations up there.

tough one here, but I had to go with the Circuit City $10 clearance sale. I was able to get Rainbox Six 3 with the Xbox Live headset for $10 among other various games I can't even remember anymore. TRU $10 sale was a close second.

what made the TRU sale more fun was it happened during the Fabled NYC transit strike, so the way was cleared for me since I got a ride to TRUs and first dibs...whereas MTA-only CAGs had a harder time...sorry folks that's how the cookie crumbles.

Even though I bought the same amount of games at the Toys R Us sale I have to give it to Best Buy $10 off $30 Coupon, just because I like the look on the Best Buy Checkout person's face when you hand it to them and they don't know what to do with it. Ha! Good Times.

I'm giving my vote to Best Buy's $10 off $30 coupon over TRU. While TRU had some astonishing deals, a lot of them were just "decent" price drops, and nothing was very recent. I'm sure plenty of people, including myself, wound up "saving a lot" just because they bought so many impulse items.

However, the BB coupon combined with some $30 sale prices for $20 recent release games? That was great!

(Of course I'm much more glad to finally get a good deal on Fatal Frame 2: DC than Path of Neo or PoP any day.)

Resident Evil 4, Dynasty Warriors 5, Tekken 5, Pikmin 2, Metal Slug 4/5, Digital Devil Saga - all for $10. Can't see how any other sale can come close =]

[quote name='dafunkk12']I'm giving my vote to Best Buy's $10 off $30 coupon over TRU. While TRU had some astonishing deals, a lot of them were just "decent" price drops, and nothing was very recent. I'm sure plenty of people, including myself, wound up "saving a lot" just because they bought so many impulse items.

However, the BB coupon combined with some $30 sale prices for $20 recent release games? That was great!

(Of course I'm much more glad to finally get a good deal on Fatal Frame 2: DC than Path of Neo or PoP any day.)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. TRU sale had some decent games, but I have been able to score a ton of $30 - $50 games for $19.99... some of these games probably won't even drop price for a long time.

I mean, I'm getting DS games for $20 - $25... they barely ever go down in price.

Even though my TRU was pretty much cleared out when I got there, I was still able to pick up a couple of great games at an awesome price.

Dang, had to choose TRU's $10 game sale even though that was like 3rd on my list. The $2 CC game clearance was #1 for me and the trade in 3 games get a new PSP game at EBGames (B&M) was #2. I was going to Hollywood video and buying $5 used games then heading to EB for the deal. I got just about every launch title for $15 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back