Brittany Murphy Dead at 32

Her husband also had to be revived just last month on a plane. He had stopped breathing, she claimed it was realted to asthma (spelling?)

she was very odd, and I guess was into a lot of prescription meds.

Why is it that whenever anyone dies you always have to have the people come in a state that they dont care that ___insert name here__ person dies?

I always found that to be such a strange human trait. I dont care about her death either but it doesnt compel me to state that to anyone talking about about it.

Also, JSSP that was a piss poor attempt to seem, "holier than thou." We should read more? About what? What religion each celebrity is? How would anyone guess that she was married in the Jewish way? But you are right....I guess we could all do a little brushing up on our National Enquirer articles.

[quote name='Vincent_Core']Not to sound like an asshole or anything, but I don't see why anyone cares if she died. People die all the time. Are you going to feel sad for the random middle age woman that died just now in Canada or for the teenage kid in Germany that died seconds ago?[/QUOTE]

Think about your favorite movie director/actor/videogame designer.

Would you be bummed if he or she died?

Yes it's not like a relative passing away but the arts do have merit and it's always a bummer when someone with unfulfilled talent dies. She wasn't the best but she was usually interesting to watch.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Why is it that whenever anyone dies you always have to have the people come in a state that they dont care that ___insert name here__ person dies?

I always found that to be such a strange human trait. I dont care about her death either but it doesnt compel me to state that to anyone talking about about it.
[/QUOTE]

Some people just like their opinion to be known, regardless of how ridiculous it is. Maybe it's just to increase their post count? I really don't know.

If someone doesn't care about something, yet makes their feelings known about it anyway, that's pretty illogical. I can't even take what they say seriously because they contradicted themselves.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']If someone doesn't care about something, yet makes their feelings known about it anyway, that's pretty illogical. I can't even take what they say seriously because they contradicted themselves.[/QUOTE]

Not really. It's a truism that modern society spends too much time on celebrity and not enough time on the topics that matter. For example, you could argue that all the time spent on analyzing the attractiveness of Tiger's mistresses could be better spent on the latest cause du jour and of course you'd be right.

However death tends to lend a sense of finality to an entertainer's ouevre. When this guy fucks with people who are paying their respects he comes off as a troll.

Vinny, if you really want to make a stand for cerebral discussion of meaningful topics, a remembrance thread is the worst place to post. Hit up the "Office Season 6" thread instead.

[quote name='camoor']Not really. It's a truism that modern society spends too much time on celebrity and not enough time on the topics that matter. For example, you could argue that all the time spent on analyzing the attractiveness of Tiger's mistresses could be better spent on the latest cause du jour and of course you'd be right.

However death tends to lend a sense of finality to an entertainer's ouevre. When this guy fucks with people who are paying their respects he comes off as a troll.

[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is what matters to each person is different.

I admit, I engaged in some of this recently when Adam Lambert made the front page of Yahoo a few weeks ago instead of the journalist murders in the Philippines. However, what Lambert did was creating the news himself whereas Brittany Murphy didn't.

Your final statement is spot on though. Let people pay respects and if you don't agree then you shouldn't say anything.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']She seemed like a cool chick, why all that hate? Is it because she dated Eminem? If so, I understand.[/QUOTE]
I don't think she ever dated him, she was only in his movie as a love interest.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I don't think she ever dated him, she was only in his movie as a love interest.[/QUOTE]

She definitely fucked him, she basically stated so in an interview.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I don't think she ever dated him, she was only in his movie as a love interest.[/QUOTE]

She did after the movie.

[quote name='DestroVega']She definitely fucked him, she basically stated so in an interview.[/QUOTE]

Well shit, I have slightly less respect for her now.

[quote name='wildcpac']Drugs.[/QUOTE]

but she didn't die from drugs, who knows if he did. Police say they saw no evidence.

[quote name='DestroVega']but she didn't die from drugs, who knows if he did. Police say they saw no evidence.[/QUOTE]

Her death was caused party by multiple drug intoxication. She was addicted to prescription medication which can be just as dangerous.

The L.A. County coroner announced earlier this month that the 32-year-old actress died of complications from pneumonia and prescription-drug use.

LA Police saw a bunch of pill bottles around the house this time around for him but nothing illegal. So they aren't doing an investigation. It's all up to the coroner. 39 year olds do not die of natural causes.

[quote name='wildcpac'] 39 year olds do not die of natural causes.[/QUOTE]

Dont know much about medicine and health do you? Ive been a nurse about 9 years working in everything from med surg to icu and a dash of ed. And yes, they do die of natural causes. Ive seen 9 years old die of natural causes. Its called fucking life, and in it not everyones bodies are exactly the same, there is no line of age that says you can or cant have problems. Genetics, inheridit problems, physical defects causes by injuries or just plain old bad luck can kill anyone at any time.

You could be sitting there right now and have a slight numbness or tingling in your leg and pay it no attention. All the while your having a vascular issue that is slowing blood flow to your legs and maybe tomorow a clot will form, the clot goes to your lungs and you will die a nasty death from a pulminary embolism. And some other cag might hear about it and say "bullshit he wasnt old enough to have a natural death".

I saw a 27 year old guy in pretty good shape die from a heart attack because its far far more deadly for a young person to have a heart attack than say a 60 year old person. At 60 your heart develops secondary blood vessels that will still carry blood despite a heart attack while a 20 something does not have those.

Now granted its less common for a younger person to die of natural causes but it certainly is not uncommon. Not to mention when that person is 39 years old. Thats not old at all, but definitely not the same as a 19 year old, at 39 your not exactly a spring chicken anymore.

One day when you grow up youll find that alot of these things most people tend to believe simply "Because it sounds right to me" are complete bullshit. Reality and what you think sounds like reality are not the same thing.

[quote name='gargus']Dont know much about medicine and health do you? Ive been a nurse about 9 years working in everything from med surg to icu and a dash of ed. And yes, they do die of natural causes. Ive seen 9 years old die of natural causes. Its called fucking life, and in it not everyones bodies are exactly the same, there is no line of age that says you can or cant have problems. Genetics, inheridit problems, physical defects causes by injuries or just plain old bad luck can kill anyone at any time.

You could be sitting there right now and have a slight numbness or tingling in your leg and pay it no attention. All the while your having a vascular issue that is slowing blood flow to your legs and maybe tomorow a clot will form, the clot goes to your lungs and you will die a nasty death from a pulminary embolism. And some other cag might hear about it and say "bullshit he wasnt old enough to have a natural death".

I saw a 27 year old guy in pretty good shape die from a heart attack because its far far more deadly for a young person to have a heart attack than say a 60 year old person. At 60 your heart develops secondary blood vessels that will still carry blood despite a heart attack while a 20 something does not have those.

Now granted its less common for a younger person to die of natural causes but it certainly is not uncommon. Not to mention when that person is 39 years old. Thats not old at all, but definitely not the same as a 19 year old, at 39 your not exactly a spring chicken anymore.

One day when you grow up youll find that alot of these things most people tend to believe simply "Because it sounds right to me" are complete bullshit. Reality and what you think sounds like reality are not the same thing.[/QUOTE]

This :applause:

(But in this case, I'm still gonna guess improper prescription drug usage played a part)

I saw an article saying how he had heart problems and may have needed bypass surgery, but didn't do it. He was almost 40 and a fatass, not too hard to believe he may have died of natural causes, if unlikely.

bread's done
Back