Broken Xbox 360s Made My Baby Cry [Video]

Real funny post Cheapy. Your son looks like he'd make a good actor. What makes this post funnier is the podcast i heard today from 360plex and how they describe a 360 :"" It's like every time you play your running around in traffic just waiting to get hit until you do then it sucks." Still we feel for you Microsoft needs to get it together....

Aww poor Tai and Poor CheapD..... You have got to have the worst of luck ever. I think it's time to call in a favor from a Major called Nelson.

My 4th 360 is about to die. It's making really weird noises, it's louder than normal, and skips, stutters & crashes on cinemas.

1st 360 (launch day) lasted 1 year (RRoD)
2nd 360 (Microsoft refurb) Dead on Arrival. Broken out of the box.
3rd 360 (Microsoft refurb) Lasted 10 months (RRoD)
4th 360 (Microsoft refurb) Less than 2 months old, about to break.

I still have 1 month left on the warranty for the latest refurb (and even longer if it's RRoD) but it seems like the cd drive is going.

I'm not going through Microsoft again. All you get is some shitty piece of shit that's going to break down again. When this 360 breaks, I'm buying an Arcade pack with 120 GB HDD (essentially the Elite, but I prefer the white console). I'll send the broken one back to Microsoft, and whenever it comes back I'll trade it into Gamestop for credit.

And you're still fucked because all the premium content is all fucked up with the worst DRM ever invented.

fuck Microsoft. I wish PS3 or even a Wii was appealing to me.

HILARIOUS SHIT, Cheapy! That xbox shirt Tai had is hilarious!

The headset is a nice touch too!

...you forgot to have the SMACKTALK hooked up though, Tai's crying, the image of the RROD, and ROBOCOP clips all put together would have made it even more legendary than it already is!

Anyways, good job on crackin my ass up at work, yet again!

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Another $300 down the drain, that sucks. I guess Americans can't make cars or video games.[/QUOTE]

no way man, 360's are like 8 bucks in Japan, they use them as currency over there.

Awesome Video Cheapy. Very well put together video. The music was great, editing was awesome. I liked the pause right before the Music hit hard and Tai got crazy in the crying department. Epic Stuff right there.

Hopefully you get back into the 360 action soon. R.I.P. 360.

You planning to let Tai's hair grow out? Reach the Cheapy Dad Hair Status in your H.S./College Days?

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Great video Cheapy - surely an Oscar nomination for Tai.

BUT... watch out out for the backlash from people calling this "child abuse." Be glad you're in Japan or there would already have been a Fox News story "Man ignores own distraught child to play his Sexbox!" along with multiple visits from Child Services. ;)[/QUOTE]

Some people just can't take a joke. I'm not a parent, but I'd hardly consider that abuse. People dress up their kids and pets all the time and make them do stupid things. Is that considered abuse? Let's not get all high and mighty on the morality horse. I hardly think CheapyD was malicious in his action.

I stand by my original statement...that was hilarious.

[quote name='misbitski']Some people just can't take a joke. I'm not a parent, but I'd hardly consider that abuse. People dress up their kids and pets all the time and make them do stupid things. Is that considered abuse? Let's not get all high and mighty on the morality horse. I hardly think CheapyD was malicious in his action.

I stand by my original statement...that was hilarious.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic in his comments. I could be wrong though.

wow, that sucks alot.

maybe this has been addressed before, but my console has the red rings as well but if i keep turning it on and off about the sixth or so time it turns green and starts working.

it has also booted up and played fine twice while the red rings are on. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Hey Cheapyd, Judging from pictures i have seen of your set up, I think your 360 might not be getting proper ventilation to cool. You might wanna try it sideways so the bottom vent can take it more air.

[quote name='AshesofWake']made it to the top ten on Digg front page, woot woot[/quote]

yea this video is going places.

wow i know how you feel, mine just died last week and my wife went out and suprised me with an elite, i have to say it runs alot quieter, but my first system was a launch, so i was forunate enough to have it this long with out the RRoD.

Looks tons better than Spider-Man 3. Someone get Cheapy a small gold man attached to a base - and possibly an Oscar.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic in his comments. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it wasn't directed at Johnny Postman. I just used his past for the quotation. I probably should've mentioned that :)

Just read some of the digg comments. Cheapy, they're going to burn you at the stake if they ever make it to Japan. lol

And people wonder why we can't come to a consensus on any major issues. People can't even agree to get a laugh out of a funny video.

Damn Cheapy.. that could have won a best short film award at the oscars...

are you going to do another unboxing video for the new 360.. that's like number 4 isn't it?!

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Great video Cheapy - surely an Oscar nomination for Tai.

BUT... watch out out for the backlash from people calling this "child abuse." Be glad you're in Japan or there would already have been a Fox News story "Man ignores own distraught child to play his Sexbox!" along with multiple visits from Child Services. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not abuse... and thats official.

Cheapy thanks for posting the video this is the funniest thing I've seen in a good long while.

Now on to your RROD, I know you hate to use the celeb clout that you have amassed through CAG and the CAGcast, but you really need to contact Larry Hyrb and see if he can help you out.

I'm sure you realize not having your 360 isn't just an inconvenience but also affects your ability to contribute fully on the podcast and in forum discussions where the 360 is concerned. Because this situation directly affects your livelihood I don't think anyone in the CAG community will think ill of you for seeking out a little special treatment to get this situation rectified in a speedy and Cheap Ass manner.

I'd cry aswell if my 3rd console died.

Cheapy, just wait until Tai is old enough to play, you'll have to buy 2 of every console then, 1 for you and 1 for him. : ) Great video, LMAO

This begs the question though: Why didn't Cheapy send in his broken U.S. 360 to be replaced while he was playing on the one that just broke?

[quote name='DQT']This begs the question though: Why didn't Cheapy send in his broken U.S. 360 to be replaced while he was playing on the one that just broke?[/quote]
Because it would cost me about $200 in shipping round trip to Japan...and then it would probably just break again anyway.

Will this will be an hd-dvd exclusive?

This is our last and best chance at preventing the world from falling to the big BLU machine!

[quote name='CheapyD']Because it would cost me about $200 in shipping round trip to Japan...and then it would probably just break again anyway.[/quote]

you could have given it away to someone in the states, that was willing to pay to have it shipped to them.

[quote name='CheapyD']Because it would cost me about $200 in shipping round trip to Japan...and then it would probably just break again anyway.[/QUOTE]

Why not ebay your broken us xbox360 and give the money to charity, plus you would draw a lot of attention to the site.

[quote name='jjmai']Time to get an Elite![/QUOTE]

Funny, my new Elite that's as old as Cheapy's system Red Ringed TODAY. The funniest part is it has been off more in the last 3 days than in months.

I know my 360 is going to RRoD on me.. I don't play it much, but as soon as I get into it.. I know its going to malfunction. Fool me once MS! I'm not buying another MS console until I can verify that it isn't a POS.

[quote name='ananag112']
Did the RRoD really make your baby cry or was it just a coincidence?[/QUOTE]

Sigged!

Funny video, but why on earth would you let your child cry for that long just for entertainment value? He looked so sad. All he wanted is for someone to pick him up and hold him.

Poor Tai, I bet the real reason he was crying was because Cheapy probably tried to use one of his blankets to perform the towel trick.

[quote name='Jicky Jacks']Funny video, but why on earth would you let your child cry for that long just for entertainment value? He looked so sad. All he wanted is for someone to pick him up and hold him.[/quote]
Obviously you don't have any children.:lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']Obviously you don't have any children.:lol:[/QUOTE]

sometimes you have to let em cry. If you pick em up everytime they cry they'll never learn to lay down. lol he definitely don't have kids. I don't either, but I know better.

[quote name='Thomas96']sometimes you have to let em cry. If you pick em up everytime they cry they'll never learn to lay down. lol he definitely don't have kids. [highlight]I don't either, but I know better[/highlight].[/QUOTE]

Clearly you don't (in either case) ;).

That is pretty much BS what you are saying there. But on the other hand, sometimes they will cry inconsolably whether you pick them up or not - I think that's what Cheapy is referring to.

[quote name='Thomas96']sometimes you have to let em cry. If you pick em up everytime they cry they'll never learn to lay down. lol he definitely don't have kids. I don't either, but I know better.[/quote]
Yeah, I help my mom at a day care center all the time, and you do just have to let them cry some times. Like Cheapy said, it's their workout.

[quote name='CAGIronMan']Yeah, I help my mom at a day care center all the time, and you do just have to let them cry some times. Like Cheapy said, it's their workout.[/QUOTE]

yep, just like woman. :cry::roll::cry:

bread's done
Back