Brothers in Arms PS2/XB 29.99 3/27 BB

Dang, I just got this at GameRush for $29.99 with the trade-in deal. Oh well, the GR employee told me that it was going to be worth $35 in trade-in starting tomorrow.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Is this part of next week's sales or like a day only thing?[/quote]

Title says 3/27. Maybe just an Easter thing or next week's ad. Good deal. Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Is this part of next week's sales or like a day only thing?[/quote]

Title says 3/27. Maybe just an Easter thing or next week's ad. Good deal. Thanks.[/quote]

I know but that's reason I'm asking... I'll be visiting family on Easter and won't be near a Best Buy at all. But if it's a sale starting on 3/27 then I have no worries. So I'm just curious if he meant 3/27 was the first day or the only day?

Is Best Buy even open on Easter Day?

[quote name='btw1217']Surely it'll be online too? I really hope so, cause there isn't a BB for hundreds of miles.[/quote]

I got you beat, cause the closest Best Buy to me is in California :(

[quote name='yops2k']Is Best Buy even open on Easter Day?

[quote name='btw1217']Surely it'll be online too? I really hope so, cause there isn't a BB for hundreds of miles.[/quote]

I got you beat, cause the closest Best Buy to me is in California :([/quote]

Ooo, that does suck. That's a long drive, especially since the drive is currently impossible. The nearest one for me is about 2 hours away.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']as usual, ubisoft doesn't know how to market their awesome games so the prices drop quickly. i highly suggest brothers in arms.[/quote]

Probably not Ubi's fault...after a bunch of piss-poor war games hitting the consoles in recent months, people are wary of yet another one.

Just bought the PC version for $49.99. Going back to get a price match this week to the $39.99 sale price. If the PC version is going to be $29.99 too, then I might wait to go back next week for the price match.

Damn it! Can't pass it up at that price. I should though because thaks to CAG I'm sitting on 16 unopened games! :)

what is the source of this supposed deal? i picked up BiA at Game Rush but haven't opened it yet -- if this deal is real, i'll return it for GoW

I'll use the BB ad to price-match at CC. I boycotted BB a long time ago, but use their ads at CC. Thanks for the heads-up.

i work at best buy and havent heard of this deal at all. As of now this week it is 39.99 for console versions. I doubt next week it will be on sale either!

Brothers In Arms is already in the clerance section at my Target!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Shaq-fuing BS!! I bought this game for $50 the day after it was released!![/quote]

As a CAG, you should know better than that.

[quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='RiCeBo1']Shaq-fuing BS!! I bought this game for $50 the day after it was released!![/quote]

As a CAG, you should know better than that.[/quote]

I knew it was $38 at CompUSA but CompUSA didnt have it till like the weekends. I couldn't wait anymore because of the hype so I went out and bought it.

[quote name='RiCeBo1'][quote name='PenguinMaster'][quote name='RiCeBo1']Shaq-fuing BS!! I bought this game for $50 the day after it was released!![/quote]

As a CAG, you should know better than that.[/quote]

I knew it was $38 at CompUSA but CompUSA didnt have it till like the weekends. I couldn't wait anymore because of the hype so I went out and bought it.[/quote]

You could've at least picked it up at Bestbuy with a GGC (for $45).

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Scorch']Wait, is this even confirmed?[/quote][/quote]
[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Scorch']Wait, is this even confirmed?[/quote][/quote]

someone confirm it, damn it

[quote name='dude'] I couldn't wait anymore because of the hype so I went out and bought it. [/quote]

What are you talkin' bout? There was like.. no hype

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Scorch']Wait, is this even confirmed?[/quote][/quote]

someone confirm it, damn it

[quote name='dude'] I couldn't wait anymore because of the hype so I went out and bought it. [/quote]

What are you talkin' bout? There was like.. no hype[/quote]

i should be able to confirm it Thursday morning, but have some patience and give the guy some credit....he's been around here for a while and as far as i can remember, he's been a trustworthy deal-poster

I'm surprised by Scorch's "no hype" comment. I've been following BIA since E3 last year, and I was all over it on release too. With good reason. Even at $39.99 this week, the game's worth every penny. The LIVE play is kick ass too. Takes some getting into, and it's very different then anything else on LIVE, but different is good in this case. And anyone who has a great surround sound system is definately in for a treat.

Well, I think it was pretty anticipated amongst us gamers in the know, but not many casual gamers knew about it. My friend is a big fan of Band of Brothers and he knew nothing about this game until I mentioned it to him. Now, like all of us, he's waiting to get it next week for $25 after GCC.

There was absolutely zero hype in magazines and TV on it. I knew of it, and I bought it the day it came out. I enjoy it. I'm currently being barricaded by Nazis in a panzer in a farmhouse, which sucks, so I haven't played it in a few days. The Live play is the opposite of kick ass, mainly because there's hardly anyone playing. I've started seeing commercials. Don't get me wrong - I love the game, hell, I even have a five foot BiA standee.. there was just no hype in magazines and TV. As Birbo said, most of the gamers "in the know" knew about it, but your average joe in college or high school knew nothing of it.

I am sure it is a "sale" price and not a regular price "drop." If it is a price drop, they have adjusted it in anticipation of better sales.

Be realistic -- this is a game that has been out a week, and has debuted with good reviews.

For some strange reason, Best Buy is using it as a price leader in a "devil" deal to attempt to bring people into the store.

I'm all over it. I imagine Ubisoft is making way for thier big guns with the release of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory a few days later. Also have to take Doom3 into account.

Still confused about this thread. BIA is 30 bucks at Best Buy? Why does it show 40 bucks as the price in their weekly flier?

[quote name='beetlegum']Still confused about this thread. BIA is 30 bucks at Best Buy? Why does it show 40 bucks as the price in their weekly flier?[/quote]

Starting 3/27...which is next's week flier. It is on sale for $40 this week and will apparently be on sale 2 weeks running.

bread's done
Back