Bullet Witch - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='Weedy649']I just put this in today. Ive yet to play it, but if there is one thing this game does right off the bat is DLC. Free costumes and new missions are only 20 points a piece.[/QUOTE]

yes!
It's not a terrible game..i rented it from Gameznflix..I'm going to eventually get it when it's cheap, but it's not that bad! Glad to see free costumes and cheap missions =)

[quote name='lilboo']yes!
It's not a terrible game..i rented it from Gameznflix..I'm going to eventually get it when it's cheap, but it's not that bad! Glad to see free costumes and cheap missions =)[/QUOTE]
the game is garbage. there really isnt anything good about the game. its a stripped down lifeless hack of a gungrave clone. and gungrave isnt great to begin with.
different strokes i guess

I'm surprised anyone could like this game. It's not just the worst 360 game out there, its possibly one of the worst of all time.

it has to be me, but I really don't think it's as much garbage as people have been sayin. I def would no where near pay full price for it, but for $20 or less, to me is decent.

[quote name='lilboo']it has to be me, but I really don't think it's as much garbage as people have been sayin. I def would no where near pay full price for it, but for $20 or less, to me is decent.[/QUOTE]
It's not just you. I agree as well. It's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Rented Bullet Witch this weekend myself and while I won't agree that it's the worst 360 game, I will say it's pretty lame.

I was fine with it for a while. Sure, it wasn't great, but I didn't see what the big deal was.

That is, until I got to the boss that you have to fight on top of the airplane. Complete crap. Slow rotation and useless targeting system made it nearly impossible.

Oh, and giant eyeballs are stupid.

I paid $5 for it and that was $5 too much. I'm gonna have a few shots of Vodka and attempt to finish this game. So far I only beat the 1st level and the flying women genitals freaked me out.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It's not just you. I agree as well. It's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.[/QUOTE]

You still have to admit the graphics are pretty bad for being on the 360.

[quote name='Sarang01']You still have to admit the graphics are pretty bad for being on the 360.[/QUOTE]
graphics can be looked past, the mechanics are what do this game in IMO.
its awful.

I thought the graphics were rather well done. The cities look fairly detailed and are at least as good as Lost Planet. I will admit that the magic aiming (read: lightning) could be done better. the airplane boss was unnecessarily annoying because of that. Still, as a shooter, I am having a good time with it. The lack of compass is a head scratcher, but the areas are not that big.

There is a nice variety of environments, the guns all play differently and the spells are kind of neat. I especially like Raven's Panic. I would give it a solid 7/10 overall.

[quote name='paz9x']graphics can be looked past, the mechanics are what do this game in IMO.
its awful.[/QUOTE]

Well I liked "Gungrave" but that being said this is very much a slower "Gungrave" which ISN'T a compliment. That impedes the gameplay it has.

I will agree with who mentioned about this having a good heroine, icon, being underutilized. "Bloodrayne" and "Bloodrayne 2" could've been so much more if they put more detail into the fighting then lazy button mashing.

[quote name='Sarang01']Well I liked "Gungrave" but that being said this is very much a slower "Gungrave" which ISN'T a compliment. That impedes the gameplay it has.

I will agree with who mentioned about this having a good heroine, icon, being underutilized. "Bloodrayne" and "Bloodrayne 2" could've been so much more if they put more detail into the fighting then lazy button mashing.[/QUOTE]
gungrave is the game i feel its most like as far as gameplay. the controls feel prehistoric in comparison to gungrave, which is unacceptable for a 360 game in 2007. gungraves targeting system alone puts in miles ahead of this. which is sad as gungrave is a bargain priced years old ps2 game. i wanted to like this game. edf 2017 destroys this game control wise and is closer to what id expect for a bargain game.

[quote name='paz9x']gungrave is the game i feel its most like as far as gameplay. the controls feel prehistoric in comparison to gungrave, which is unacceptable for a 360 game in 2007. gungraves targeting system alone puts in miles ahead of this. which is sad as gungrave is a bargain priced years old ps2 game. i wanted to like this game. edf 2017 destroys this game control wise and is closer to what id expect for a bargain game.[/QUOTE]

What astounds me is the fact "Vampire's Rain" was developed by the same people, the video is VERY unimpressive yet there are still people who want it here.

I used to like gungrave as a budget game. $50 is not budget for Bullet witch. I'm waiting for this to drop, then I'll bite.

[quote name='velvet396']$50 is not budget for any video game :)[/QUOTE]
no its not. and if youre paying $50 you shouldnt expect a half-assed game.

I have this game. fucker sucks. If it wasn't for the fact that I have the strategy guide, I would've traded that thing in already. eBay won't get me much. Can I post an ad here on Cheapassgamer to sell it with the guide?:roll:

[quote name='authorize']I have this game. fucker sucks. If it wasn't for the fact that I have the strategy guide, I would've traded that thing in already. eBay won't get me much. Can I post an ad here on Cheapassgamer to sell it with the guide?:roll:[/QUOTE]

Go to the Trading forum and you can sell it there :)

I was wondering if Bullet Witch is worth the $17 or not CC is charging for clearance. Is it at least up to the minimal levels of quality of say the Bloodrayne series? Thanks in advance.

It's not an awful game, but it's not really a good game either. It involves shooting, shooting, and more shooting. It's a short game (4-6 hours) and the story/voice acting sucks, but it's possible to get enjoyment out of it, I had fun with it since all I wanted to do was shoot stuff.

Wow, you were able to take that much of it in one setting? I was ready to pitch the disc before clearing the first level.

Game is epic fail. It has potential though. If they re-released it after putting 3 more months in, it could be awesome. Also - PLEASE get new voice actors. >_>

Anyways - Magic system sucked. You barely have to use half of it minus the few times its required. You can pretty much beat the game using only 2 of the guns. Its short. Bugs bugs bugs! Those floating brain things that car-rape you, thats just annoying and needs nerfing, especially since they can just brush you.

Edit - Two Worlds is worse though, and I bought it from Gameflys sale, so don't feel bad.

I still liked it!
The voice acter's weren't that bad.
And yes, I got bummed with the Flying Brains "Car-Raped" me..

I liked it, and the theme is my ringtone, haha, atleast for now.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I still liked it!
The voice acter's weren't that bad.
And yes, I got bummed with the Flying Brains "Car-Raped" me..

I liked it, and the theme is my ringtone, haha, atleast for now.[/quote]

The girls voice actor wasn't bad, its that army guys. Horrid. Also the lip-syncing seemed noticably off to me, and thats not something I pay attention to. As I said, a few more months in development and it could have been great.

Nevermind, That song isn't a good ringtone.
Anyways, To me, all games can be better, lol.
I've never played a perfect game.

I mean, it's atleast average, it's not garbage.

I just got this game again, and ive been playing it on my 2nd gamertag. I dont know if i can live with a 9 or 4 at the end of my gamerscore if i happen to unlock 99 point, 15 hours of play achievement. The downside of playing it on my second gamertag is that my first gamertag has everything maxed out. Uhhggg. I really doubt i can beat hell mode for 1 point to even things out.

bread's done
Back