Bully: Scholarship Edition - Gen. Discussion & Info - Patch Up

The class minigames are really starting to piss me off. I've tried the Art class one three times and I still have no clue WTF I'm supposed to do...

[quote name='mrelusive']The class minigames are really starting to piss me off. I've tried the Art class one three times and I still have no clue WTF I'm supposed to do...[/QUOTE]
Trace squares to reveal the picture without hitting the scissors or razor.

I'm in chapter 2 now and I've had 6 freezes that I remember. 5 of them happened during 2 separate missions and the last just happened randomly walking around. None of them happened until I hit chapter 2 and I haven't had any freezes during a class yet.

Not a single freeze or problem with this game. I'm really enjoying it so far, but I just unlocked the town, so I'm guessing there's a bit to go.

i'm on chapter 4 now and have only had it freeze once, not too worried about it tho, once that update comes out it should be fine

Awesome, broke into the fourth chapter last night. Very glad to see that the framerate isn't as bad as I thought it would be although the loading is definitely excessive.

FYI: Don't forget to do "The Big Prank" on Halloween and to do snow shovel detention at least twice if you're going for 100% completion.

I rented the game for 360, and I'm really enjoying it. Just working on getting achievements lately. I might actually buy it.

I ended up liking this game enough to pay the $40 keep it price from Gamefly. I'll come back to it after I'm done with Condemned2, DMC4 and AoT. It is much more enjoyable when you can take your time and not worry about the clock.

well i beat this game last night, then continued to grab items, finish races and jobs, and the rest of the missions, somehow i am only at 91% not sure what the hell else i can do to up that number, other than buy the rest of the clothes and buy the crap at the carnival

Here's what I found out you have to do over at X360A:

All bike, go kart races(make sure you do the one in the last area you unlock and do the last go kart race, as it's not necessary for the achievement but is necessary for 100%.)
All errands.(Actually probably only need 40 out of the 50. There are good because they all increase your percentage about .10+%)
All jobs.
Alternate Task: Boxing.(Go back to the preppy gym and fight the 4 guys. I thought I had done this one but I hadn't)
Ride all carnival rides.
Beat all carnival games.
Beat Penalty Shot.(Minigame mission around the gym)
Beat Keep Ups.(")
Complete all five levels of each class.
Beat all mini-objectives.*
Have the 'Dual Nebula' Achievement.
Obtain and purchase all clothing in the game. (This includes the clothing stores as well as the "hidden" clothing store inside The Final Cut barber shop in greaser territory and the clothing inside the school store and everything inside the tent store in the carnival.)
Collect all rubber bands, G&G cards, transistors, and gnomes.(Beat the geography classes for a handy map of all these items.)
Beat up secret pirate guy.(He's stranded on an beach/island across from the beach, swim there and take his picture before you beat him up.)
-The pumpkins go to the Bullworth Basement after Halloween.
-The tombstones go to the Blue Skies Warehouse after Halloween.
Photograph everyone for the yearbook(guide here.)

*All mini objectives:

Buy 100 sodas
Drink 500 sodas
Smash all Pumpkins
Smash all Tombstones
Smash all Gnomes
Collect all G&G cards
Pull 20 fire alarms
Travel 100,000 meters on a bike
Run 41,843 meters
Fail any five classes
Beat up the stranded pirate
Buy all clothing in the game
Collect all Rubber Bands
Complete all night errands
Give 50 wedgies
Buy the scooter at the carnival

Apologies for the rough C and P.

I did all that and I'm still only at 99.5% so I need to seek out some of the 17 errands I haven't done.

In my opinion, the freezes aren't as bad as claimed. I had a release date game, returned it three days later (un-opened), and re-purchased it two days after on a whim. Now I wish I did not return it. My game froze four times running from my dorm to "The Big Prank". It has not glitched/twitched/frozen since. Chapter I seems to be an issue. Four times too many, sure, but it went away. Set me back 5 minutes tops.

[quote name='mrelusive']My Xbox is from June 06 and I haven't had any hardcore problems.

I still think R*'s bitching about older hardware is faux.[/QUOTE]

I have a fixed RRoD Xbox and a Halo Xbox, both have frozen in different places.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Here's what I found out you have to do over at X360A:

All bike, go kart races(make sure you do the one in the last area you unlock and do the last go kart race, as it's not necessary for the achievement but is necessary for 100%.)
All errands.(Actually probably only need 40 out of the 50. There are good because they all increase your percentage about .10+%)
All jobs.
Alternate Task: Boxing.(Go back to the preppy gym and fight the 4 guys. I thought I had done this one but I hadn't)
Ride all carnival rides.
Beat all carnival games.
Beat Penalty Shot.(Minigame mission around the gym)
Beat Keep Ups.(")
Complete all five levels of each class.
Beat all mini-objectives.*
Have the 'Dual Nebula' Achievement.
Obtain and purchase all clothing in the game. (This includes the clothing stores as well as the "hidden" clothing store inside The Final Cut barber shop in greaser territory and the clothing inside the school store and everything inside the tent store in the carnival.)
Collect all rubber bands, G&G cards, transistors, and gnomes.(Beat the geography classes for a handy map of all these items.)
Beat up secret pirate guy.(He's stranded on an beach/island across from the beach, swim there and take his picture before you beat him up.)
-The pumpkins go to the Bullworth Basement after Halloween.
-The tombstones go to the Blue Skies Warehouse after Halloween.
Photograph everyone for the yearbook(guide here.)

*All mini objectives:

Buy 100 sodas
Drink 500 sodas
Smash all Pumpkins
Smash all Tombstones
Smash all Gnomes
Collect all G&G cards
Pull 20 fire alarms
Travel 100,000 meters on a bike
Run 41,843 meters
Fail any five classes
Beat up the stranded pirate
Buy all clothing in the game
Collect all Rubber Bands
Complete all night errands
Give 50 wedgies
Buy the scooter at the carnival

Apologies for the rough C and P.

I did all that and I'm still only at 99.5% so I need to seek out some of the 17 errands I haven't done.[/quote]

nice find on the yearbook, im still missing 4 or 5, also didn't know about the clothing in the greaser barber, gonna have to work on this, i'm only at 92.8 percent or so now, thanks!

Oh man, turns out I just had to finish the drink 500 sodas mini objective to push me over the edge. I got that confused with the "buy 100 sodas" objective which I had already done. The former is really easy to do because you get free sodas after you complete the 100 sodas challenge so you can just go to the grocery store and buy about 100 free sodas in 30 seconds by jamming the button really quickly. After that they'll be "sold out" but you can exit and enter again to start the process over.

If you need money to buy clothing you can go to the funhouse in the carnival and bet up to $100 on midget fighting. There's a better than 50/50 chance you'll win the bet, especially if you pick the guy with the championship belt. Plus if the opponent gets too close to the glass you can punch it and it'll hurt him, helping you out.

Sorry, I meant the "freakshow" tent. There's a pay entrance and you can also go in through the side for free. If you do midget fighting remember to use the save system to your advantage, I would usually go to the save spot by the lighthouse after every $600 dollars earned.

You get access to the funhouse on a specific mission later on in the game.

I've gotten alot of achievements in this, if you're looking for a game with some easy gamerpoints with alot of replay value, this is the game for you.

[quote name='Bretters']The patch is live (now that I have the game beat).[/QUOTE]

Thanks! This game is in my backlog.

[quote name='Bretters']The patch is live (now that I have the game beat).[/QUOTE]

That's good news, I'm on Chapter 5 and was getting tired of going and saving after every mission.

[quote name='Rocko']So any tips on how to beat Shop? I've failed every time I've tried rotating the damn stick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this one tripped me up a few times. When the "twist the left stick" comes on, you really have to twirl that stick a few times (essentially button mashing it), and you have to do it pretty quickly once the icon shows up. Good luck! (the rewards kinda suck for this class)

[quote name='Rocko']So any tips on how to beat Shop? I've failed every time I've tried rotating the damn stick.[/QUOTE]
On the PS2 version, the order the buttons/motions didn't change when you screwed up, so I just memorized the order and made sure I was rotating the stick before the icon even came on-screen.
If that's changed for the 360 version, then obviously this will be no help. :lol:

Before the instructions come up, push the analog as far in any direction as you can until you hit the edge. When the instructions come up just rotate it along the circular border of the controller, otherwise the game thinks you're trying to do a straight left or right move instead of a circular motion. The good thing is I'm pretty sure the sequences aren't random so you can just write them down or something.

Level 1 - CW (Clockwise) rotation, A button, Counterclockwise Rotation (CCW)
Level 2 - CW rotation, X, A, CCW rotation
Level 3 - CW rotation, A, CW rotation, X, CCW rotation
Level 4 - CCW rotation, A, CW rotation, X, B, CW rotation
Level 5 - B, Y, CW rotation, A, CCW rotation, X, B, CCW rotation

Start rotating the joystick before the prompt even comes up and it's cake.

Does anyone have the 'Sharp Dressed Man' achievement? I think I've purchased every clothing item in the game except a few from the carnival + I'm over 85% completed... still not enough >_

i beat the hell out of this game, kind of a bummer how short it was, but i got all 1000 points, kissed the boys last, now i really cant wait for GTA4, the achievements should be awesome and add even more replay

[quote name='Mojimbo']Don't forget the three hidden clothes shops.

-The Final Cut(barber/clothing store)l[/quote]

Thank you!! I had no idea this place even existed... there was a Grottos & Gremlins Card inside the shop completely covering up the barber shop icon.

Achievement unlocked :grouphug:

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']i beat the hell out of this game, kind of a bummer how short it was, but i got all 1000 points, kissed the boys last, now i really cant wait for GTA4, the achievements should be awesome and add even more replay[/quote]

It took me 30+ hours to get 100%, so I wouldn't exactly call this game short.

This game is just as spectacular as it was on the PS2.

Don't forget to have snowball fights in the winter chapter!

Also, just for the record, Shop on PS2 is a bitch. It is easier on Wii, but I imagine the timing is the same for the PS2 and the Xbox360; as in you have to rotate the fuck out of the control stick to actually pull off the rotation prompt; getting started early is almost a must.

Ive been having a great time with this game. I didn't think I was going to like it as much, but the game is really fun. Im at about 85% and Ive been having a good time trying to get all the achievements.

I didn't think I would like this game as much as I do. Surprisingly fun compared to Dark Sector which was a mess. Looks like I'll be hooked between this and Bioshock.

I didn't think I would like this game as much as I do. Surprisingly fun compared to Dark Sector which was a mess. Looks like I'll be hooked between this and Bioshock.

I haven't been following this thread too religiously - have the patches fixed many of the game's glaring issues?

I should be receiving this game via Gamefly soon and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks!

I haven't experienced a single problem and I got the game post patch.

As for the game, it sure does make you press 'A' a lot... Like a whole lot. Wanna Sprint or ride a bike faster? Tap 'A' repeatedly. Wanna play a mini-game? Get that 'A' button finger ready. Wanna beat those arcade cabinet high scores? Yeah, you guessed it; 'A' at the ready. Etc, etc.

Still, as per usual with Rockstar, they nail the atmosphere.

Just got 100% on this game earlier today. Loved it...well, except for the fact that you have to restart your console a bunch of times for errands to show up again once you hit Endless Summer mode.

If anyone is like me, I hadn't touched this game since June 2008. Well two weeks ago I installed it on my HDD just for the heck of it and then got an update when the game started. Apparently they are up to v1.03 now. All I can say is the game isn't nearly as glitchy to me as it was this time last year. As soon as I saw how smooth the game was running with the new patch plus the install I decided to restart the entire thing. Now a week later I'm blowing through the game without any of the problems I was having before, especially in some of the earlier classes like Music. Good times.

If you haven't popped it in in a while, give Bully: Scholarship Edition another go if you have the 4GB or so HDD space. I'm sure glad I did and am now going for 100% completion with 1000/1000 gamerscore (a first for me).

There can still be a delay when receiving achievements. I didn't receive my "Freshman" achievement until after I had saved, turned off the system and turned it back on later that night, heh. But I can confirm that with the latest update plus the HDD install that Shop Class isn't nearly as much of a pain as it was before. At least it's now possible to finish it up without memorizing the button presses beforehand. Still not easy but not impossible, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gar3']If anyone is like me, I hadn't touched this game since June 2008. Well two weeks ago I installed it on my HDD just for the heck of it and then got an update when the game started. Apparently they are up to v1.03 now. All I can say is the game isn't nearly as glitchy to me as it was this time last year. As soon as I saw how smooth the game was running with the new patch plus the install I decided to restart the entire thing. Now a week later I'm blowing through the game without any of the problems I was having before, especially in some of the earlier classes like Music. Good times.

If you haven't popped it in in a while, give Bully: Scholarship Edition another go if you have the 4GB or so HDD space. I'm sure glad I did and am now going for 100% completion with 1000/1000 gamerscore (a first for me).[/QUOTE]

Wow, about time they fixed it! All the complaints about it being buggy were the number one reason I never picked it up. I loved the PS2 version and now that this is properly patched and pretty cheap, I'll definitely have to pick it up at some point.

[quote name='epb']Wow, about time they fixed it! All the complaints about it being buggy were the number one reason I never picked it up. I loved the PS2 version and now that this is properly patched and pretty cheap, I'll definitely have to pick it up at some point.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've wanted to get this so bad at the last few B2G1 Gamestop deals but I know me and glitchy games don't go together well. I'm excited to hear they've fixed a lot of the issues, this one is definitely going on my list.

The game is still not perfect but it's as stable as a PS2 port can be I guess, heh. Seriously though, with the install and the latest update the game is more than stable enough for a leisurely playthrough. It honestly plays like a different game now. Well worth checking out again or for the first time in a $10-$20 price range in my opinion. I paid $35 last May for it and am finally getting my money's worth outta it now, thank goodness.

i loved this game. might have to go through it again to wrap up some achievements. and I bought it on day one (360 release).

bread's done
Back