Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii/360) $39.99 shipped @ Amazon

Anyone play this on the wii? Xbox thread indicated the 360 had better lighting....etc...better graphics. If you can put up with the game crashing on you.

I can't imagine it being permanent. Amazon just likes to price match what Circuit City or Best Buy have for their games usually.

I always wanted to get back into Bully after I rented it back on the PS2. But with Okami this week, I can wait for a permanent price drop in Bully!

Thanks for the update, Cheapy. If I hadn't just bought Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 2 & 3, and a Nyko Perfect Shot, I'd be all over getting Bully Wii.

[quote name='gareman']i am tempted....I loved the ps2 version, and no longer have it. Is there a patch for the 360 version yet?[/quote]

Yeah, they patched it. I never got the problem, but my 360 is newer. It looks alot better than the Wii version if anyone cares.

It's a FUN game. I've put in about 22 hours and am at 41% completition. Something cool about it is the seasons change with the game. I'm in winter right now. Snow all over the ground.

Bully is a very fun game with a few annoyances. The major one for me is the load times going in and out of buildings. Glad to hear GTA4 doesn't have this problem.

[quote name='morphineseason']Apparently the patch for the 360 version made it worst in most cases, last time I heard. I'm enjoying the Wii version so far.[/QUOTE]

I had a problem with a freezeup prior to the patch, but no problems since.

The Wii version is ok. Load times get frustrating. Seems like you could put a lot of time into the game, a lot of stuff to do. I haven't played any other version.

Ooo, the 360 version is $40 too... urge to shop rising...

I'm not sure if $10 off is enough to warrant me getting this, though. I never played the PS2 version, though. When do you guys forsee this hitting a $30 price point, or clearance bins? I would think it would be awhile... I'm not sure how long it took the PS2 version to drop?

Buy, buy, buy! I had one lockup and a poor frame rate in about 5 hours of gameplay pre-patch. In 25+ hours post patch I didn't have any lockups and the framerate issues were dramatically improved.

I heard the patch didn't fix the issue. I am scared it will run like crap on my 360. I am still very tempted though

[quote name='kyle4404']I heard the patch didn't fix the issue. I am scared it will run like crap on my 360. I am still very tempted though[/quote]

I just finished this during a rental and returned it today. I went on live and got the patch (1.03) and did not have any major problems. There are still glitches with the AI and some movement glitches, but I did not have any game breaking problems like crashes/freezes. Biggest annoyance for me was the load times got old fast, and a couple missions had horrible design with bad AI (One mission the moment you knocked a guy off his bike the cops would appear out of nowhere and tackle you before you could even get on the bike.)

I finished the game with all achievments besides the 100% completion and it took about 20ish hours. Pretty good game with a GTA vibe, but not worth the 40$ to me after having played it. If you are having trouble deciding I would recommend taking the money and putting it down on GTA IV as it will be a more adult and polished (let's hope) experience. Or wait until it his the 20-25$ range.

[quote name='foundation']Bit on Bully (and Dark Sector)[/quote]

yeah I bought dark sector but I think I will pass on Bully for now. Here is hoping it will drop to about $25 soon :)

I think I'm gonna grab Okami for the Wii and wait for Bully to drop a little further - I have a close-to-launch 360 and I don't really want to risk the lockups or bugs.

BULLY is great. Long load times but the game only gets better once you get past the opening sections and the "world" opens up beyond the school. Plenty of fun for $40, no question.

[quote name='Teqonix']I think I'm gonna grab Okami for the Wii and wait for Bully to drop a little further - I have a close-to-launch 360 and I don't really want to risk the lockups or bugs.[/quote]

The lockup/bugs that are in the system are there, regardless. Not playing a particular game isn't going to make your xbox last longer; it dies when it dies. The sooner you let it die, the sooner you can cash in on your 3 year warranty (which is almost up, if you have a launch console). If you decide to play it safe until your warranty expires and get the RROD, I fix 'em for $50 tho :)

[quote name='Methadon']The lockup/bugs that are in the system are there, regardless. Not playing a particular game isn't going to make your xbox last longer; it dies when it dies. The sooner you let it die, the sooner you can cash in on your 3 year warranty (which is almost up, if you have a launch console). If you decide to play it safe until your warranty expires and get the RROD, I fix 'em for $50 tho :)[/quote]

I think you misunderstood him. He doesnt want to risk the game not working on his console because then he will have wasted money on the game. Not because it will break his console. I didn't think a game caused the rrod- just that the old ones had a tendency to overheat and warp the mobo(might be wrong).

[quote name='cbotwell']I think you misunderstood him. He doesnt want to risk the game not working on his console because then he will have wasted money on the game. Not because it will break his console. I didn't think a game caused the rrod- just that the old ones had a tendency to overheat and warp the mobo(might be wrong).[/quote]
Heh, thanks. That's exactly it.

Anyway, I purchased an extended warranty with Microsoft when the 360 came out, and they've extended that with the 3-year RROD thing a couple times already, so I'll be covered for quite some time.

[quote name='prateeko']Wait, is someone having this for sale this week? If it's BB it's a better deal for me with the $10 off $75 coupon...[/quote]Here's one thing I was thinking about buying:

Bully for 360 - $39.99
No More Heroes - $33.99
Amazon shipped price w/o tax: $73.98

Bully for 360 @ BB - $39.99
No More Heroes @ BB - $39.99
Sub total: $79.98
$10 off $75 or more coupon: -$10
Sub total 2: $69.98
Sales tax (assumed @ 8%): $75.58

Going via Amazon on this deal saves me a couple of bucks and tosses some affiliate money towards CAG.

Bully is worth $40 IMO. I haven't had any of the problems people so prominently discuss. A little bit of slow loading and some iffy frame rate are the only problems I've seen.

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's one thing I was thinking about buying:

Bully for 360 - $39.99
No More Heroes - $33.99
Amazon shipped price w/o tax: $73.98

Bully for 360 @ BB - $39.99
No More Heroes @ BB - $39.99
Sub total: $79.98
$10 off $75 or more coupon: -$10
Sub total 2: $69.98
Sales tax (assumed @ 8%): $75.58

Going via Amazon on this deal saves me a couple of bucks and tosses some affiliate money towards CAG.[/QUOTE]

See, I'd be getting it with Okami for $74.75 AND RewardZone points. Same thing would be $79.98 from Amazon with no RewardZone points (and CAG affiliate points don't mean much to me since it saves me no money... ;))

Bully is a pretty fun game, but It was a perfect rental from Gamefly for me. I played it for about a week and finished most everything and that was good enough for me. Playing on 360 is did freeze on my three times, though.

[quote name='pthagonal']Bully is a pretty fun game, but It was a perfect rental from Gamefly for me. I played it for about a week and finished most everything and that was good enough for me. Playing on 360 is did freeze on my three times, though.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, to rent or buy?

bread's done
Back