Bundle-in-a-Box Adventure Bundle has finished

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Similar to Indie Royale there's a variable minimum. However, this one drops over time. edit: It has 99 cents and will not drop further. At certain milestones there will also be bonuses unlocked.

Games are:
  • Gemini Rue - Steam, Desura, download
  • Ben There, Dan That! - Steam, Desura, download
  • Time Gentlemen, Please! - Steam, Desura, download
  • 1893: A World's Fair Mystery - download
  • The Sea Will Claim Everything - download

Beat the average to get:
  • The Shivah - download
  • Metal Dead - Desura, download

Bonuses to unlock:
Gemini Rue Soundtrack
Metal Dead Booklet
The Shivah Soundtrack

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal. I love these bundles. Gemini Rue is a excellent game, harkens back to the golden age of adventure games by Sierra On Line and LucasArts.

[quote name='louiedog']Beat the average to get: The Shivah - download[/QUOTE]
Shivakamini Somakandarkram!!!!!

I will always support adventure games, even though I barely play anything on my PC these days. Looks like I just pushed the average up to $5.45 with my own $5.45 purchase.

I'm not really a fan of Adventure games. And even if I were, I already own half of these games from previous bundles. So obviously I'm gonna pass on this one.

For what it's worth though, I like how they have little icons below each game letting you know at a quick glance if it has Steam or Desura keys or if it's available for direct download. Obviously the same information could have been conveyed with words, but the symbols really jump out at you.

^Agree, that's very handy. Outside of Humble bundles it's usually very difficult to tell what you're getting. Although, it would also be nice if it were a little clearer if these games are on Mac/Linux or just PC.

This bundle's not for me though. I already have most of the games from Indie Royale. I do like what they're doing though and look forward to whatever they've got planned for the future.

The minimum seems to only drop by 5 cents for every 500 bundles sold. If they ever reach 10,000, we'll have a minimum price of $2. Hopefully they add in more extras aside from the soundtracks.

I have heard The Shivah is very good, and it normally costs $5 by itself. So I may very well end up biting on this.

Shivah was alright, and was free for a period of time. I think the voice acting in it is pretty bad for the most part.

Started Gemini Rue, but somehow my saved games got corrupted, and this killed all interest in playing it. Will probably pick it back up at some point.

Have the Ben There series from an older Steam sale. Can't comment on the other three (1983, Metal, Sea). Might still consider the bundle though.

Wadjet has a new release called Resonance coming out soon, and I think they had another Blackwell series game recently as well? Not sure about that.

[quote name='Strell']Shivah was alright, and was free for a period of time. I think the voice acting in it is pretty bad for the most part.

Started Gemini Rue, but somehow my saved games got corrupted, and this killed all interest in playing it. Will probably pick it back up at some point.

Have the Ben There series from an older Steam sale. Can't comment on the other three (1983, Metal, Sea). Might still consider the bundle though.

Wadjet has a new release called Resonance coming out soon, and I think they had another Blackwell series game recently as well? Not sure about that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed the voice acting was awful in the trailer.. it made it extremely laughable. Not sure how much worse it is in the actual game though.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So I have none of these games, anyone have thoughts on them? Worth the 6 bucks to beat the average?[/QUOTE]

It's well worth picking up for the minimum price, might want to wait until it drops though so you get the best bang for your buck. I'm not sure if it's worth beating the average, I obtained a lot of these games from the Indie Royale bundles so I'll probably skip this bundle, but if I didn't have any of the games I might've beat the average to get Metal Dead.

The rabbi seemed alright, but everyone else felt really forced. You could even review "behind the scenes" voicework as an Easter Egg, and it just felt like there was a contest to be the most annoying character.

There is at least one really great jazz track in the game though.

If you really enjoy adventure games, I recommend Gemini Rue. The save game glitch should no longer be an issue for anyone because it was a one time issue and the creator did apologize to us all when it happened.

GR isn't very heavy on sci-fi, though there are some action parts which I felt was fairly well done. it's very story & puzzle driven. For the bundle price I'd say it's worth getting it for GR alone.

Do you get individual keys for this? If so, someone wanna sell me their Gemini Rue key for like a $1 or something? That's the only game I don't have from this bundle.

It doesn't look as though the 10,000-sale milestone will be reached. I wonder if the extras will be released at the end anyway.

[quote name='louiedog']Sales have been slow. The minimum has just dropped to $1.89 and the Gemini Rue soundtrack will be unlocked soon.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people already have most of those games. Ben There, Dan That is already free as it is, and you can only put Time, Gentlemen, Please on sale for $2 so many times before everyone owns it and stops buying it.

[quote name='Vegan']I think a lot of people already have most of those games. Ben There, Dan That is already free as it is, and you can only put Time, Gentlemen, Please on sale for $2 so many times before everyone owns it and stops buying it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. BTW one of the top contributors is named "wtf...I already have these..." LOL.

Also, I believe they lowered the amount of bundles required to be sold for the price to drop from 500 to 100.

Overall, for being planned over 3 months I'm quite disappointed in this bundle. It mostly attracts people that didn't get Gemini Rue, Been There Dan That, and Time Gentlemen Please from the Indie Royale bundles/Steam daily sales, OR people that have been following the new debut of The Sea Will Claim Everything (really niche title).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually going to buy the bundle JUST for that text adventure about the World's Fair. I already have Gemini Rue, Ben There, and Time Gentlemen. Not interested in The Sea, don't grab me. But that text adventure is love at first sight.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Meanwhile, I'm one of those weird guys who don't own any of these. Buy, tho I don't see beating the average for the bonus games...[/QUOTE]

If you don't own any of these, this is a very good purchase. I'd wait until the last day to buy it though, as the minimum price will keep dropping. I don't know why they made it so the minimum price decreases over time.. It's good for us, but bad for them. Overall they'll profit less.

The Shivah is one of those titles that's been floating around forever but I've never found a price point I was comfortable with jumping on it at, and it doesn't seem like beating the average for the sake of that is worthwhile when it and the World's Fair game are the only ones that really interest me (like most folks, I already have Gemini Rue and the Ben There games from previous sales/bundles).

[quote name='DeathDream']All of these are flash games? eeeh[/QUOTE]The mind boggles.

I'd be all over this if I didn't already have most of these games from different bundles. I still may buy it just for the 1893: A World's Fair Mystery text adventure. That looks pretty enticing!

Oh, and the minimum price for the main bundle (no bonuses) is down to $1.69.

I only want Gemini Rue on steam. But dont think I'll actually play it anytime soon. Guess I'll wait until the end of the bundle since the price keeps dropping it seems. 10 cents every 100 buys?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I only want Gemini Rue on steam. But dont think I'll actually play it anytime soon. Guess I'll wait until the end of the bundle since the price keeps dropping it seems. 10 cents every 100 buys?[/QUOTE]

Most people are waiting for the price to drop because they know it will. It's really a terrible marketing model to offer lower prices as more are bought.

[quote name='Blade']Most people are waiting for the price to drop because they know it will. It's really a terrible marketing model to offer lower prices as more are bought.[/QUOTE]
And when it hits a penny, their servers will crash; it's like a reverse Groupees.

[quote name='sunasun']And when it hits a penny, their servers will crash; it's like a reverse Groupees.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it seems like the reverse Indie Royale. With Indie Royale, it you want to get in on the action as soon as possible, or wait until some big spender drops the price back down towards the minimum. With Bundle In A Box, the incentive is clearly to wait until the last day to buy. The last hour even, if you can remember to do so before it ends.

It's kind of a shame that this bundle is doing so poorly. I don't even know why, but I was kinda rooting for these guys. Hopefully they learn from any mistakes that they've made and apply it to a follow up bundle.

[quote name='The End']Actually, it seems like the reverse Indie Royale. With Indie Royale, it you want to get in on the action as soon as possible, or wait until some big spender drops the price back down towards the minimum. With Bundle In A Box, the incentive is clearly to wait until the last day to buy. The last hour even, if you can remember to do so before it ends.

It's kind of a shame that this bundle is doing so poorly. I don't even know why, but I was kinda rooting for these guys. Hopefully they learn from any mistakes that they've made and apply it to a follow up bundle.[/QUOTE]
True, but I was referring to Groupees' launch problems with every bundle.

[quote name='The End']Actually, it seems like the reverse Indie Royale. With Indie Royale, it you want to get in on the action as soon as possible, or wait until some big spender drops the price back down towards the minimum. With Bundle In A Box, the incentive is clearly to wait until the last day to buy. The last hour even, if you can remember to do so before it ends.

It's kind of a shame that this bundle is doing so poorly. I don't even know why, but I was kinda rooting for these guys. Hopefully they learn from any mistakes that they've made and apply it to a follow up bundle.[/QUOTE]

I think they shot themselves in the foot by making "put off buying the bundle" an incentive. There's no reason not to just wait until the last day, so the sales counter looks embarrassing and makes it look like the games are no good.

[quote name='sunasun']And when it hits a penny, their servers will crash; it's like a reverse Groupees.[/QUOTE]

Just think of what the average price will drop to if the minimum drops to a penny lol. I wonder if they set a limit to the minimum price..

Current minimum is $1.59. For that price, I may just buy the ones I own all over again just to get the ones I don't.

[quote name='eugaet']Interest has died down for this bundle? At any rate, the current minimum is now $1.39.[/QUOTE]

I think most own the games people would actually want from it.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I think most own the games people would actually want from it.[/QUOTE]Well, true. I own most of them myself. But I'll likely buy it before it ends anyhow.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I think most own the games people would actually want from it.[/QUOTE]

Even if you have the first three, it looks like the other two games are worth paying under $1.50 for.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Even if you have the first three, it looks like the other two games are worth paying under $1.50 for.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't own any of them. I was hoping for the average to drop because The Shivah and Metal Dead are two of the main ones I want, but it doesn't look like the average is going to go down much.

Their unlockable incentives are pretty lame imo. Well, at least I am not too excited about the booklet and soundtracks. I guess a more positive way to look at it is they "unlocked" all the games from the jump instead of holding a few hostage as a way to drive sales.

[quote name='louiedog']Down to $1.19. That's two drops today. I assume it's reaction to the HIB5 launch.[/QUOTE]

It's dropping every 100 sales. Perhaps HIB5 is increasing overall bundle exposure (lifting all boats, so to speak)?

[quote name='Snake2715']I may be down for this..

problem is I buy these bundles and dont play half the games.[/QUOTE]

I track my spending and the price per game on these bundles and most of mine are under $1 per game, some as low as like 15 or 20 cents. I figure even if you discount the games you'll NEVER touch, the average price for the games you will play is still probably well below what you'll see in a Steam sale. The way I look at it is, if I want to play something in the future, I'll have it for dirt cheap. If its an option, I always send all of my money to charity so even though I'm wasting dollars or quarters on games I'll never even download, at least it went to a good cause.

bread's done
Back