Burger King games $10 for all 3 games. $2 savings

emceelokey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I went to buy some food from the King of Burgers todays and there were two signs, a small counter display and on the big standee, that had the games at 3.99 each or $10 for all three. Of course I bought them. :)

Sneak King is fun in small doses (once you get past the HORRIBLE camera controls), but it is way too long! Pocketbike Racer is extremely buggy online (crashes or disconnects abut 1 out of every 5 games), but decently fun anyway. Big Bumpin' is worthless in single-player, but if you can play online or locally with people you know, it's fun for a little while. I recommend all 3 since they're so cheap and you can get Achievements from 'em.

I have all 3 and definitely have gotten my money's worth out of them. Sneak King is the weirdest of them all but if you get in "the zone" you can find yourself playing it hours later... it's a weird game.

I'm not a fan of Big Bumpin'. At all. I just don't really "get it"... I sort of do, and can kinda figure out what's going on, but in general I don't care much for it. It seems like there's a fun game there if I ever figure out what to do.

I actually really like Pocket Bike Racer. It reminds me a lot of ReVolt. I haven't played it online but it's just a simple racing game with weapons and such. It's not breaking new ground but when you start figuring out the weapons system and the power-ups it gets a little more involved.

So, I'd rate them PBR, SK, and BB. As for the Xbox/360 differences, there are noticable differences (PBR looks much better on the 360) but they play fairly equally. It's not like the graphics effect the game too much either way. Definitely worth the price.

I found all three copies at a local BK, though they weren't $10 for all three, from the franchise reasons discussed previously. Though, they did let me buy them without a food purchase, so that worked out in the end, I s'pose.

[quote name='evilmax17']When does the promo officially end?[/quote]December 19th, if I remember right from the in-store display.

For some reason I have a feeling that Microsoft wil put tthe unsold games in a 360 bundle to get post holiday sales. They'll probably have something like you get the premium bundle with the 3 games and a $20 gift certificate t BK. That would be horrible.

I grabbed all three last night and gave each one about 15 minutes worth of play time. They're incredibly fun and simple games and for $4 a piece (or $3.33 each if the OP is right) you simply can't go wrong. The menu screen for the motorcycle game is very creepy like all of BK's stuff featuring the King.

All 4 of my local BK's were sold out. If someone would be willing to pick up a new copy of each of the 3 games, I'll gladly play purchase price + shipping + $5 for the trouble. I can pay via Paypal. PM me if you would be able to help me out. Thanks alot.

Sweet, they were only $9.99 for all three and I didn't have to buy any 'food' (I use that term loosely here). Even cheaper than I thought they were. They didn't even charge tax.

But unfortunately now I'm stuck with 2 copies of Sneak King. Meh.

kspiff

i bought sneak king when it just came out. i wanted all 3 games but having to buy a meal with each game and the fact that the employees there were idiots didn't help the experience.

I didn't really want all 3 games too much, but I probably would have gone back for Pocket Bike Racing eventually.

Strangely, however, with the different game modes available, Big Bumpin' kind of looks like it might be the best of the lot for multiplayer (even though the game concept sounds lame).

kspiff

got em, thanks op!

i gotta say im actually impressed with the 3 of them. Even sneak king is better than most of what ive been seeing on Xbox Live. While i like the classics, original content will always win me over.

My mom suprised me with Pocketbike Racer yesterday (actually, she suprised my kid brother with it, but I own the 360 so it works out in my favor.)

Mini-review:

Sneak King: 2/10

If you can stand playing this god-awful game for more than 5 minutes, you might get to some of the trickier, and slightly more interesting missions. But as it is the game bores you within minutes. The gameplay is awful, with long waits for canned animations. Nothing in this game is even remotely fun. The fact that you are playing as The King doesn't come close to making up for the flaws in this game.

Pros:
You play as The King.
First person perspective lets you look through the eyes of Evil. Complete with heavy labored breathing.
If you listen to The Ricky Gervais Show while playing, it won't be a complete waste of time.

Cons:
Not fun.
"Sim-glish" language is obnoxious.
Character animations may be slightly impressive, but as you have to sit there waiting though them, you'll quickly grow to despise them.
Single player only.

Pocketbike Racer: 6.5 out of 10

Pocketbike racer is a standard Cart-Racer. It has much the same fun of the split-screen multiplayer, but unfortunately, despite the "borrowed" sound effects, it doesn't quite reach Mario Kart status. There are a few problems: you get stuck pretty easily. For some reason driving near the edge of the track causes you to be stuck there. Your bike can't make it over the slightest bumps in the road, requiring you to back up and get back on track. There is no way (that I can find) to reset your bike on the track, unless the game decides to do it itself. Also, you never feel like you're actually driving a kart. You glide through the track. It doesn't feel grounded, like Mario Kart. Besides this, the game is very fun. You have quite a collection of weapons to unleash on your opponent, and the powerslide gameplay mechanic works well.

Pros:
Lots of great weapons to unleash on your opponents.
Powerslide gameplay, and the driving, just... well... works.
A decent variety of tracks.
Best menu out of all three games.

Cons:
You will get extremely frusterated when your bike gets stuck trying to go over a wire.
For that matter, your bike will get stuck EVERYWHERE.
No way to restart a race.

Big Bumpin': 8 out of 10

A fantastic group of minigames based around a brilliantly unique idea: Bumper Cars. Last Man Standing, Hot Potato, a "control the puck" game, and even a Hockey minigame. Gameplay is simply and brilliant. The beautiful arenas are filled with perhaps the best graphics of the BK Games trio. Explosions, fire, lighting effects, it's all here in a $4 package. The only way to really enjoy the game, though, is to hook up four controllers to your buddies, either on Xbox Live or on the couch.

It's amazing that this is the same group behind Fuzion Frenzy, because these games are just so much better, funner, and more polished than any of the crap you'll find in that game.

If this were an Xbox Live arcade title, it would be one of the better ones.

Pros:
The games are an absolute blast.
Graphics are fantastic for the price.
Simple controls.
The intro is the creepiest of all three games.

Cons:
Loading screens in between every game.
Charecter customization is weak. No customization of the Burger King trademark charecters.

[quote name='mattcube64']Thing is, we have A LOT of extra copies. As in, over a thousand games in the office. Apparently, BK franchised stores are losing a lot of money with these games. Supposedly, if we don't sell through our inventory, we'll offer them as toys in the kids meals. IDK if this applies to all stores, but it was an option BK corporate gave us in a snailmail.[/QUOTE]
This sounds consistent with what I've heard. A BK rep was on the OXM podcast recently and said between the 3 games, they printed 5 million copies of the games. No Xbox games outside of the two Halo games have sold over 3 million copies.

Dang...I must have got a super deal today. Stopped by a BK at Forsyth, GA (the city, not the county, coming back from Disney World) and they were selling all 3 for $4 (or $1.33 each). Had to get them at that price.

[quote name='radjago']This sounds consistent with what I've heard. A BK rep was on the OXM podcast recently and said between the 3 games, they printed 5 million copies of the games. No Xbox games outside of the two Halo games have sold over 3 million copies.[/QUOTE]
Damn. That sucks. No resale value on these bitches.

i just checked gamerankings and it was a little sad how low scores these were getting. The MSRP was 4 bucks, people! I went into it expecting absolutely NOTHING for that price, and i ended up having a decent amount of fun on em. (more fun than, say, the bb 10$ "The Outfit" :) )

[quote name='guyver2077']sneak king rules!![/QUOTE]

Actually, this game sucks. Fun for about 20 minutes, then you realize you're advertising to yourself. Brilliant on their part, but for me? Not so great.

[quote name='radjago']This sounds consistent with what I've heard. A BK rep was on the OXM podcast recently and said between the 3 games, they printed 5 million copies of the games. No Xbox games outside of the two Halo games have sold over 3 million copies.[/QUOTE]

Smells like E.T. all over again!

[quote name='nicholas01']Smells like E.T. all over again![/QUOTE]

Yeah, other than the fact that ET wasn't a promotional item that sold for full retail...

This sounds consistent with what I've heard. A BK rep was on the OXM podcast recently and said between the 3 games, they printed 5 million copies of the games. No Xbox games outside of the two Halo games have sold over 3 million copies.

I think what this says more than anything (including the varying degrees of relative suckitude for each title) is that, as feared, the 360 isn't selling that well. Sure, I know that the Xbox version is also included on the discs, but is that readily apparent to the consumer? The commercials all show the 360 logo at the end.

Five million copies (total, I guessing) is kind of ridiculous, though. Not sure what they were thinking making that many (primarily) for a one-year-old console. And here, I thought that these would be rarities by the beginning of December.

2007 is really going to be the make-or-break year for the 360*...and possibly any future Microsoft consoles. Being stuck with a fuckton of $4 games at a fast-food joint is just another piece of evidence. That said, I'm glad to see the 'opportunistic' would-be resellers stuck with these things. fuckers.

*--Master Chief has got a lot more to save than just Earth.

Oh man, 5 million copies. What were they thinking? Anyway, I hope it doesn't hurt them too bad. Making weird original games for cheap was a good idea. I'm hoping that McDonalds answers this promotion by making a PS3 game that chronicles Mayor McCheeses rise to power.

ack, BK 4 dollar promotional games not selling 5 million means Microsoft is going to crumble! :)

Poor BK, i feel bad for them now - when i went in on sunday to pick it up the place was BAREN. i bought an icee and the games, and the poor cashier was all "come back sometime and get some food!"

ack, BK 4 dollar promotional games not selling 5 million means Microsoft is going to crumble!

No, I just said that this is another sign that the console isn't selling that well (along with all the 'gift card' promotions this month and accounts of huge 360 displays in Best Buys, as mentioned in the latest "1up Yours", and so on) and that next year is going to be HUGE for Microsoft, as their headstart alone probably won't be enough to offset Sony's brand loyalty and people treating the DualShock/SIXAXIS controller like a baby treats its favorite pacifier.

We know that there are at least two million 360s in homes, per Gears' sales. But that's about it (not saying the 360:Gears ratio is 1:1, but it's going to come close), and that number had better more than double by Halo 3.

[quote name='jollydwarf']ack, BK 4 dollar promotional games not selling 5 million means Microsoft is going to crumble!

No, I just said that this is another sign that the console isn't selling that well (along with all the 'gift card' promotions this month and accounts of huge 360 displays in Best Buys, as mentioned in the latest "1up Yours", and so on) and that next year is going to be HUGE for Microsoft, as their headstart alone probably won't be enough to offset Sony's brand loyalty and people treating the DualShock/SIXAXIS controller like a baby treats its favorite pacifier.

We know that there are at least two million 360s in homes, per Gears' sales. But that's about it (not saying the 360:Gears ratio is 1:1, but it's going to come close), and that number had better more than double by Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

I still think it's hard to judge wether the sales are "struggling" or what have you because, eventhough the had a year long headstart, the next gen of both NIntendo and Sony were just around the corner. People are still waiting for that "big thing" to make them throw their money at whatever company. Wether it be the next Halo, Mario, or Gran Turismo.

the BK / Microsoft ad campaign seems pretty typical for BK really. They always try odd ways of promotion. I remember there was an episode Arrested Development that had a whole act based around how BK was underiding the show. The idea of printing 5 million games for a system that only sold about 9 million worldwide is a bit overzealous and people don't what what's easily available.

I actually think MS is being pretty smart right now and just waiting for the right moment to strike. They may be putting tons of money into advertizing but they still haven't lowered the price of their systems, and with the PS3 and Wii being so scarce right now, people have no other choice to buy the 360 even with the lack of high profile games and being in the middle of the price range for the current gen of systems.

I actually think MS is being pretty smart right now and just waiting for the right moment to strike.

Didn't they kind of "strike" in the past six weeks with Gears of War and the beginning of the Halo 3 PR onslaught? Unless by "strike" you mean a bring a full year of top-tier games, which I still do believe they will accomplish in 2007.

They may be putting tons of money into advertizing but they still haven't lowered the price of their systems, and with the PS3 and Wii being so scarce right now, people have no other choice to buy the 360 even with the lack of high profile games and being in the middle of the price range for the current gen of systems.

The question is, are they buying 360s instead of PS3s or Wii, at least to the degree Microsoft is hoping for/counting on? I get the impression that for the most part, the answer is "No". A significant price drop for the 360, particularly sooner than later, could be pivotal, but it could also by extension heighten the 'bling factor' of the PS3 for much of the general population, i.e. make Sony's console seem even more powerful, because, well, "It costs six hun'red bones, yo!"

So... how about we take this into its own thread and not keep polluting a deal thread?

I just found out my local BK is doing the 3 for $10... thinking I might pick all three up, espically since I don't need a meal. I don't know, though.

I can't believe they made me buy a value meal to get these. I got the Whopper Jr. (the cheapest) and just threw it away.

[quote name='AZPunisher']Damn.. wish I would've waited. Ah well.[/quote]

Ha! Me too...there I was thinking they'd sell out quickly, now they're on the verge of giving them away. I even had to pay $2 extra for the privelege of NOT having to buy 3 meals; that part was definitely worth it.

[quote name='caffolote']
Can you buy all three games for $10 and not have to purchase the food there?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

My local chain is doing 3 for $10 but I've got to imagine they'll get even cheaper. Hearing that the chain made 5 MILLION of these things dosen't really make me want to rush out to get them for collectability reasons, as I wouldn't play these ever (I've got better games to play).

[quote name='Roufuss']Correct.

My local chain is doing 3 for $10 but I've got to imagine they'll get even cheaper. Hearing that the chain made 5 MILLION of these things dosen't really make me want to rush out to get them for collectability reasons, as I wouldn't play these ever (I've got better games to play).[/QUOTE]
my thoughts exactly!

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Yeah, you could have used the $10 to purchase a dictionary.

j/k[/QUOTE]

Classic.

Reminds me of a job app I reviewed today where the applicant noted he wanted to be a "technitian".

Stocking stuffers for my 12-year-old video game junkie niece...
I'm sure these will be collectable some day - I just wouldn't plan on buying these to make a profit any time in the next 10 years.

i collect stuff no matter what. Am thinking about buying 2 of each at 20 bucks

However, has anyone thought about waiting til they are 3 fo 3 dollars in the next couple weeks ha

[quote name='mattcube64']
Thing is, we have A LOT of extra copies. As in, over a thousand games in the office. Apparently, BK franchised stores are losing a lot of money with these games. Supposedly, if we don't sell through our inventory, we'll offer them as toys in the kids meals. IDK if this applies to all stores, but it was an option BK corporate gave us in a snailmail.[/quote]

FUnny thing was that i told my friends when it first came out that they must be losing tons of money doing this especially when it's not even given away in meals and you have to buy them. I figured that not alot of people would buy them even though i'm convinced that they've lots tons making the games. BUT i think it's a great marketing ploy with all the commercials.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say "Chase the Chuck Wagon," motherfuckers.

That should tell you something about collectibility. People pay through the nose for all sorts of stupid shit. I could do quite well for myself if I didn't break all those "Star Wars" glasses from BK that came out when I was a kid.

bread's done
Back