Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

[quote name='zegota']Has anyone had experience copying stuff over to a new xbox HDD? If I use USB, will I have problems when I try to play downloaded games/DLC? Will I not have those problems if I use the official harddrive transfer unit?[/QUOTE]

I used the official transfer cable, bought it from GS, transfered (worked great), then returned it for a full discount the same day. You can then transfer all your licences to your new xbox on xbox.com once that's done you can play offline with all your DLC.

[quote name='A Gamer']Confirmed that BK is shipping wins from 11/21 thru 11/25 today.[/QUOTE]

WHAT!!!! [Rips hair out] I won on the 26th!!! Grrrr.

A Gamer is correct. I won on the 24th and got my email saying it would arrive on the 15th. Thanks A Gamer, your information has been great throughout this process.

I predict that Wunderman will ship out the remaining 5 days before Thursday of next week. UPS ground usually takes 1-5 days to get delivered. So that means everyone will get their Xbox 360's before Christmas! :D

This whole time I though I won on the 29th but it was the 28th lol yay glad most are shipped. Probably last batch on Monday (fingers crossed)

[quote name='A Gamer']Uh... I only count 3 days... 11/26 thru 11/28. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

So that means, at the rate they are shipping now, they will probably ship out the remaining wins on Monday. Sounds good.

Aw man! I almost got scammed out of an iPod Touch by a Nigerian scammer on eBay. Good thing he wasn't too smart!

Hello Seller,I am really interested in buying your Item for my Daughter in Nigeria as a Gift .Am not in -USA, but presently in England for Public Financial Program.I be handling the shipping to my daughter,I will be paying you $100.00 for the shipping VIA USPS or EMS International Express Delivery to Nigeria.I will be sending you the payment via PAYPAL.Kindly send me your PayPal email address so as to immediately make out your payment.You can contact me at (sendship00

I would like to have the item shipped to the address below:
Kelechi Okafor
52 unity road
Ikeja, Lagos 23401 Nigeria

Rofl, how could he ship the iPod to his daughter in Nigeria if he's in England? He wants it shipped to Nigeria! :D

And that's a fake shipping address scammers use.

[quote name='Himypiedie']Aw man! I almost got scammed out of an iPod Touch by a Nigerian scammer on eBay. Good thing he wasn't too smart!

Hello Seller,I am really interested in buying your Item for my Daughter in Nigeria as a Gift .Am not in -USA, but presently in England for Public Financial Program.I be handling the shipping to my daughter,I will be paying you $100.00 for the shipping VIA USPS or EMS International Express Delivery to Nigeria.I will be sending you the payment via PAYPAL.Kindly send me your PayPal email address so as to immediately make out your payment.You can contact me at (sendship00

I would like to have the item shipped to the address below:
Kelechi Okafor
52 unity road
Ikeja, Lagos 23401 Nigeria

Rofl, how could he ship the iPod to his daughter in Nigeria if he's in England? He wants it shipped to Nigeria! :D

And that's a fake shipping address scammers use.[/QUOTE]

Why clutter the Xbox Kinect thread with this crap?

So, now that they're all going out soon enough, who's got the cheapest 250GB hard drives? My original 360 HD is a 20 gig model, word has it Live might ban for such obvious hardware tampering.

Plus, I'll be honest, I want something bigger. :)

Shipping update...

11/01 wins: 68 consoles shipped 11/10
11/02 wins: 61 consoles shipped 11/11
11/03 wins: 67 consoles shipped 11/11
11/04 wins: 91 consoles shipped 11/11
11/05 wins: 86 consoles shipped 11/11
11/06 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/07 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/08 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/09 wins: 91 consoles shipped 12/03
11/10 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/11 wins: 92 consoles shipped 12/03
11/12 wins: 87 consoles shipped 12/06
11/13 wins: 91 consoles shipped 12/07
11/14 wins: 94 consoles shipped 12/07
11/15 wins: 85 consoles shipped 12/07
11/16 wins: 75 consoles shipped 12/07
11/17 wins: 65 consoles shipped 12/07
11/18 wins: 85 consoles shipped 12/09
11/19 wins: 78 consoles shipped 12/09
11/20 wins: 99 consoles shipped 12/09

11/21 wins: 99 consoles shipped 12/10
11/22 wins: 97 consoles shipped 12/10
11/23 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/10
11/24 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/10
11/25 wins: 92 consoles shipped 12/10

Instructions for searching to see if your's shipped and you simply didn't get the email (yet?):

- go to the UPS Search by Reference web page;
- enter "[email protected]" in the Shipment Reference field (no quotes);
- set the Destination Country to US;
- set the Destination Postal/ZIP Code to your ZIP code;
- click Track.

Keep in mind that this will show all of the BK Kintect prize packages headed to the zip code indicated, so if you find one (or more), it could be yours, or one headed to one of your neighbors. If you want to verify that the package is yours, you can give UPS a call at 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877). They won't tell you the address to which the package is being sent, but if you provide your address they will usually confirm if it is the same as the one on the package.

Note: now that they are including the recipient's name in the reference numbers (tsk-tsk), you can simply create an account on the UPS web site (free) and check the tracking number(s) you get from the search. When logged in, you will see the reference numbers (including the recipient's name) along with the other shipping info.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']So, now that they're all going out soon enough, who's got the cheapest 250GB hard drives? My original 360 HD is a 20 gig model, word has it Live might ban for such obvious hardware tampering.

Plus, I'll be honest, I want something bigger. :)[/QUOTE]

Official or unofficial? If you want unofficial, you take a risk, as you said, but someone linked to a $50 one from dealextreme a few posts back. I think you can even just buy a regular harddrive and get an enclosure if you want.

If you want something official, I've not seen anything less than MSRP, or you can use USB storage (but that's kind of annoying IMO).

UPS received billing info for the 2nd prize pack I won on the 27th.

IF YOU WON ONE MORE THAN ONE, YOU WILL RECEIVE THEM BOTH!

edit: Now shipping from Almonte Springs, Florida! :)

[quote name='realwords']UPS received billing info for the 2nd prize pack I won on the 27th.

edit: Now shipping from Almonte Springs, Florida! :)[/QUOTE]

AND... you managed to win another 360 in another contest, you sure are lucky!!! lol :bouncy:

[quote name='tekssx']AND... you managed to win another 360 in another contest, you sure are lucky!!! lol :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Yeah man, I really just have to thank god though... I'm giving the second one I'm getting to a children's hospital because they really need one and they helped my little brother out a couple years ago with a surgery that we couldn't really afford. I guess it's all just Christmas spirit, but it's really awesome to get all of this stuff...

[quote name='realwords']UPS received billing info for the 2nd prize pack I won on the 27th.

Wait, what? They shipped out 25th-27th?

[quote name='Himypiedie']Wait, what? They shipped out 25th-27th?[/QUOTE]
Yep, they did.

This message was sent to you at the request of AWARD HEADQUARTERS to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact AWARD HEADQUARTERS directly. Important Delivery Information
Adult Signature Required - Adult must be at least 21 years of age Message from AWARD HEADQUARTERS:
BURGER KING

Scheduled Delivery: 14-December-2010

Received mine earlier today and I'm really impressed with the slim. It's super quiet. The only thing I hate is that Microsoft intentionally blocked off the HDMI port when using the AV port. So for any one wanting to use HDMI and separate audio is SOL yet again with the new model.

I as well won mine on the 27th and have yet to get anything. I call shenanigans until either I get a confirmation email or see one headed my way via the UPS track by reference.

Could you PM me the tracking number (omit the last couple digits if you are paranoid) or the reference number so that I can figure out what they changed and track the rest of the packages that shipped.

According to the tracking numbers I was able to find, they have only shipped through 11/25.

[quote name='realwords']Yeah man, I really just have to thank god though... I'm giving the second one I'm getting to a children's hospital because they really need one and they helped my little brother out a couple years ago with a surgery that we couldn't really afford. I guess it's all just Christmas spirit, but it's really awesome to get all of this stuff...[/QUOTE]

I hope you go through with that, because it's all kinds of awesome.

[quote name='realwords']Yep, they did.

This message was sent to you at the request of AWARD HEADQUARTERS to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact AWARD HEADQUARTERS directly. Important Delivery Information
Adult Signature Required - Adult must be at least 21 years of age Message from AWARD HEADQUARTERS:
BURGER KING

Scheduled Delivery: 14-December-2010[/QUOTE]
I think you have your days wrong. According to A Gamer's post HERE, you won on the 7th, and again on the 23rd. Which would explain why you got a shipping email today.

Thanks A Gamer for all your info/work.

Won on the 24th. Getting it on the 15th! WOOT!!

[quote name='zegota']Official or unofficial? If you want unofficial, you take a risk, as you said, but someone linked to a $50 one from dealextreme a few posts back. I think you can even just buy a regular harddrive and get an enclosure if you want.

If you want something official, I've not seen anything less than MSRP, or you can use USB storage (but that's kind of annoying IMO).[/QUOTE]

I've read a few compatibility problems with that $50 DEx HDD.

Yes you can buy separate HDD and the enclosure.

However 2 things:

1. it has to be a certain Western Digital models. (to ensure better compatibility. Max capacity, even if you buy a larger HDD, is still only 250GB (just like using an external USB HDD.)

2. The hard drives have to be software modded to work with 360 since it checks to make sure it's an "official" one.

I'm considering going this route since the official HDD are crazy expensive. They haven't banned anyone yet, and the people behind it say that you won't but there's no guarantee of course.

You can find more information by searching the googles.

[quote name='Trojann']Has anyone got there Xbox?[/QUOTE]

That was a rather...stupid question. Of course people have received their xboxes. Pretty much everyone up till the last couple of days have.

[quote name='Himypiedie']I can't wait. It's like a day before something big happens. You just can't sleep.[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. I haven't looked forward to a Monday like this in a long time.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Tell me about it. I haven't looked forward to a Monday like this in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Will you be playing it right away or waiting till xmas?

Wonder how many people are wrapping it up for xmas, that's what I did... :cool:

I won't be wrapping mine up personally. I consider it more or less an early Christmas gift for my 9 year old sister. Besides, just about everyone in my immediate and extended family knows about it so it would not be a surprise if I was to wrap it up. So why not instead just get it in and go buy Kinectanimals so she can have her fun until I take it with me for college?

And out of pure boredom earlier I was looking at a little page someone made which has where the packages are being sent out to, and not a single one has come here yet and I don't live in a dinky little city either. So I must say I am quite surprised at the fact it is very possible that I am the only person to have won one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine in yesterday and must say Kinect is pretty interesting. Right now it's got that feel the Wii had when it was new so I'm sure that it'll wear off over time. 360 S is also pretty sweet too though I don't really care for the matte finish I would perfer the glossy one.

Also on a side note for those of you with Wireless N routers broadcasting at 5.0GHz the Xbox 360 S won't recognize the signal. I have a Netgear WDNR3300 router and had it set to dual band and I couldn't connect to my wireless N SSID for some reason well I called tech support and was talking with them and I actually figured out the problem before the Tech could figure it out.

Can any one else confirm if that's the case?

[quote name='tekssx']Will you be playing it right away or waiting till xmas?

Wonder how many people are wrapping it up for xmas, that's what I did... :cool:[/QUOTE]
Well, as much as I'd like to say I have the self control to not open it up, I won't be able to not open it. Mine should ship tomorrow. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Well, as much as I'd like to say I have the self control to not open it up, I won't be able to not open it. Mine should ship tomorrow. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]
wraping mine up for the kids.

bread's done
Back