Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

Got mine today, thanks to CAGers for the info on this!

One question for those that have it. Someone in my family moved it up a notch from its base upon opening it since they didn't know it moves on its own and thought it needed to be adjusted, then I brought it back down to its normal level, both times it made a faint clicking sound.

I'm not sure if it did anything as it seems to track fine though when it's off the top of the sensor has a tiny bit of give when slightly pushing it down against the base. It's nothing huge, just if I lightly push the tip of the sensor down a it moves in maybe a few mms. I'm just worried that it wasn't like this initially, can anyone let me know if it normally does that? Probably shouldn't worry since it still works but can't help it >_>

Received mine yesterday. Was so busy yesterday and had to be in early for work so I didn't even open it or my PS3 I received the same day (actually bought the PS3 since I won the 360 lol.)

Thanks to OP once again!

Now I have TWO copies of Kinect Sports since I bought one from Amazon before realizing it came with this!

My bundle just arrived. Gonna fire it up as soon as the wife and I are done with Christmas cards. Sadly, this thread will be all but dead in a few days.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']My bundle just arrived. Gonna fire it up as soon as the wife and I are done with Christmas cards. Sadly, this thread will be all but dead in a few days.[/QUOTE]

If they ship soon, they sure are lagging on the wins for the 28th :(

Can someone tell me if this Slim Hard Drive is real or not?

I bought it for $85. (Few Posts Back.)

1. All black and glossy, like the real ones.
2. Has a serial number, and a Microsoft label.

The part that worries me is that there's a, "Made in China," right on top of the serial number and the barcode. It looks exactly like the one's on the fake Hard Drives for the older models.

Does anyone know how to open the casing so I can see if it's a fake?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']My bundle just arrived. Gonna fire it up as soon as the wife and I are done with Christmas cards. Sadly, this thread will be all but dead in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Yes my good lad, every good journey comes to end sooner or later, it was fun while it lasted... at least for those who were involved in this whole calamity.

Mine shall be opened up on xmas, can't wait!

Don't forget there is a FREE add-on for Kinect Sports on xbox live.

[quote name='xxFiNALiiZExx']Can someone tell me if this Slim Hard Drive is real or not?

I bought it for $85. (Few Posts Back.)

1. All black and glossy, like the real ones.
2. Has a serial number, and a Microsoft label.

The part that worries me is that there's a, "Made in China," right on top of the serial number and the barcode. It looks exactly like the one's on the fake Hard Drives for the older models.

Does anyone know how to open the casing so I can see if it's a fake?[/QUOTE]

Mine said it was made in Thailand.

No e-mail but I'm staring at my inbox waiting for it like a 10 year old waiting for his Pop Tart to pop out of the toaster.

And by "ten year old" I mean "me." And by "Pop Tart" I mean "two-to-four Pop Tarts."

I received my xbox today and so far...well...let's just say I'm currently in the process of recovering my gamertag still. I expected this, especially since I have over 250 games played. But needless to say before I started that I played a bit of Kinect Sports and minus a couple issues it runs fine and is a fun little toy to play with.

For any one wanting to use their old Xbox360 harddrive, get this Slim harddrive shell. link
I received mine and it's the one that snap together unlike the other ones which requires duct tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CupNoodL']For any one wanting to use their old Xbox360 harddrive, get this Slim harddrive shell. Link
I received mine and it's the one that snap together unlike the other ones which requires duct tape.[/QUOTE]

Oh my God... I love you dude. =D I've been holding off on getting a slim because the price jacks up if you want an HDD, and I was wishing I could use my old one (at least until I could buy the 250 seperately). Thanks for sharing!

[quote name='Survivalism']No e-mail but I'm staring at my inbox waiting for it like a 10 year old waiting for his Pop Tart to pop out of the toaster.

And by "ten year old" I mean "me." And by "Pop Tart" I mean "two-to-four Pop Tarts.
...[/QUOTE]

UPS shows only 26 packages shipped yesterday so I assume only the first 26 wins shipped. This really makes me think they are waiting on MS to send them more units. I highly doubt only 26 people won on the final day of the game.

Got mine yesterday as well, so after work I did the license recovery on the new console and moved as much stuff as I could. A 4GB internal store paired with a 4GB USB thumbdrive is not really enough. :cry:

On the plus side, though, it is quieter, smaller, and cooler looking than my old one. Maybe I had a bad set of controllers, but the sticks on the new controller feel better.

Also, in the short time I got to mess around with it, I really enjoyed the Table Tennis game. Despite feeling weird about not actually holding a paddle, it feels very accurate and more importantly, its a lot of fun.

Definitely glad they threw in Sports, because between the two, there's enough solid pieces to make for a good party pack. :D

[quote name='Survivalism']No e-mail but I'm staring at my inbox waiting for it like a 10 year old waiting for his Pop Tart to pop out of the toaster.

And by "ten year old" I mean "me." And by "Pop Tart" I mean "two-to-four Pop Tarts."

...[/QUOTE]

LAUGHING my A$$ off!!! :rofl:
Funny guy! Hope you get yours though.

so did everyone get shipping info from the 28th wins?
who do i contact about the shipping info?

[quote name='sir-fly']so did everyone get shipping info from the 28th wins?
who do i contact about the shipping info?[/QUOTE]

Only the first 26 wins from the 28th shipped, I think they are waiting on MS to send them more or something. You are probably gonna get the same response everyone else gets about it shipping 3-4 weeks from your win date.

[quote name='StellarWiid']Only the first 26 wins from the 28th shipped, I think they are waiting on MS to send them more or something. You are probably gonna get the same response everyone else gets about it shipping 3-4 weeks from your win date.[/QUOTE]
your info was good enough
thanks. and thanks agamer

[quote name='CupNoodL']For any one wanting to use their old Xbox360 harddrive, get this Slim harddrive shell. link
I received mine and it's the one that snap together unlike the other ones which requires duct tape.[/QUOTE]
That's the same one I posted a few pages back, and by God if they didn't lower the price by $1. Think I could get DE to refund me $1? LOL!

Did anyone hear anything today? I think the odds of it getting here by the weekend are officially slim and none.

Edit: Strike that, it shipped today and will be here on the 23rd! Woot!

[quote name='sir-fly']finally got my shipping email lol.. arrival date is the 23rd
i won on the 28th[/QUOTE]

It's funny I won on the 28th (2am win) and mine shipped last friday but it's not gonna be delivered until the 24th... I guess it's cuz I live in California. I'm glad it seems they shipped out the rest. :)

[quote name='sir-fly']so ups ships on xmas eve?[/QUOTE]
actually think about it...it's got be one of the most busiest day's of the year for ups fedex and even usps and most businesses do close early on Christmas Eve but them delivery drivers do work late into the evening on Christmas Eve because i have seen it many times in the past...they have to meet their quota if all the packages are dated to be delivered that day....It's all good in your hood...Happy Holidays!!

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Why wouldn't they? It's not an official holiday. Same as New Year's Eve.[/QUOTE]i thought they wouldnt since most bussnisess that are open 5 days a week dont work on xmas eve but those that do get off early.. so u should see my logic here

[quote name='sir-fly']i thought they wouldnt since most bussnisess that are open 5 days a week dont work on xmas eve but those that do get off early.. so u should see my logic here[/QUOTE]
I definitely understand your logic behind your question. But as the post above me stated, it's probably one of THE busiest shipping days. For those that sent out a pkg late and want it to it's destination by Christmas, they would be pretty unhappy if it didn't make it. Working for USPS or UPS during this time of year isn't fun, but they get paid plenty good so I'm sure many of them don't complain. In fact, I'm pretty sure even USPS works on Christmas day delivering next day air pkgs too. I could be wrong on that one though. I am every once in a while, just don't tell my wife that. :) In keeping with the Christmas spirit, check out the link below.

http://www.sundog.net/carolofthechins/flash/card.swf

I love how quiet this new Xbox is! This alone has converted me to Burger King from McDonalds and Jack!

Hail to the BK baby!

I wish I would have won a Xbox Slim, I got the E74 error yesterday and I have no money to buy a new Xbox this sucks looks like I wont be playing Games this winter break FML!!!!

[DEAD]Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive for $50

For those who won this. Hurry before they run out. This deal only lasts for one day or until they sell out.
Yes you can open this puppy up and put it in your new Xbox Slim you won. :)
Just find it on youtube.

www.woot.com

Use one of these coupons for $5 off. (may or may not work!)
CHANGEYOURPASSWORD
OFIDIOCY
TAXSUCKS

P.S. - Dealextreme has the hard drive cases for the Xbox slim for ~$8.61. They may take a while to get to you (2-3 weeks) but cheaper than ebay by a bit.

Taken from here

[quote name='Trojann']I wish I would have won a Xbox Slim, I got the E74 error yesterday and I have no money to buy a new Xbox this sucks looks like I wont be playing Games this winter break FML!!!![/QUOTE]360 are dirt cheap u can get a used one any where for 80$ to100$ if i where you i would sell some old games and the broke 360 and get new 1 or used one

This is the part I hate about UPS tracking, when I see my package is 50 miles away and it sits there for twelve hours. I'd rather just drive there and get it right now. :(

[quote name='sir-fly']360 are dirt cheap u can get a used one any where for 80$ to100$ if i where you i would sell some old games and the broke 360 and get new 1 or used one[/QUOTE]
Im doing the towel trick for now lol

[quote name='SlammedNiss']If the pkg. requires am adult signature, the driver will not leave it without one. Whoever shipped the pkg paid for that service. Their are many differences between a cable installer and a ups driver. One of which is the ups driver values his job and gets paid more than minimum wage. I'm own my own business that gets shipments on almost a daily basis. Guess who has to sign for those pkgs every day, even though the ups guy has been the same person for 4+ years.[/QUOTE]

Well I got my Xbox today and guess what, the dumbass driver left it on my front porch! No knock no doorbell nothing, he just walked up and set it down, no signature either. I'm glad I don't trust UPS and was watching for them cuz my box coulda got jacked. I guess that driver doesn't value his job. Funny thing is I think one of them were training cuz there were 2 ups guys.

[quote name='StellarWiid']Well I got my Xbox today and guess what, the dumbass driver left it on my front porch! No knock no doorbell nothing, he just walked up and set it down, no signature either. I'm glad I don't trust UPS and was watching for them cuz my box coulda got jacked. I guess that driver doesn't value his job. Funny thing is I think one of them were training cuz there were 2 ups guys.[/QUOTE]
Who would have been surprised that, of all people this could of happened to, was you. If there were two people, one of them would have been holiday help and not your regular UPS guy.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Who would have been surprised that, of all people this could of happened to, was you. If there were two people, one of them would have been holiday help and not your regular UPS guy.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, I think its just my luck. I looked at the shipping info and it says it was left at office and signed by a dan, I don't live in an appartment though so it doesn't make sense. They probably just wanted to go home for xmas.

Finally got mine set up. This box is amazing. So quiet and it seems quicker (just the speed it loads data from the HD versus my previous one). I'll try out kinect later tonight.

[quote name='StellarWiid']Tell me about it, I think its just my luck. I looked at the shipping info and it says it was left at office and signed by a dan, I don't live in an appartment though so it doesn't make sense. They probably just wanted to go home for xmas.[/QUOTE]
For fun, you should call UPS and explain that you never received the pkg. Explain that the tracking # says it was left at the office and signed by Dan, but you don't live in an apt. complex and don't know any Dan.

Was watching an old episode of American Dad on my DVR and the commercial for this came up. Damn I got fooled into thinking it was running still.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']For fun, you should call UPS and explain that you never received the pkg. Explain that the tracking # says it was left at the office and signed by Dan, but you don't live in an apt. complex and don't know any Dan.[/QUOTE]

Lol thats what I was thinking. My girl gave me crap when i told het i should fo that. It would be messed up but would be funny as hell.

[quote name='StellarWiid']Lol thats what I was thinking. My girl gave me crap when i told het i should fo that. It would be messed up but would be funny as hell.[/QUOTE]
That's why you don't tell women everything. I've been married for 4 years, and know what I can and can't tell my wife.

I wish I would have won this contest. My 360's begun chewing on discs and giving them laser burns for fun. I've contacted M$ about it but I don't know if anything will come of it, since it's been so long since I bought it.

So now I'm in the market for a new one. This bites.

bread's done
Back