Burnout 3 $19.99 Target B&M

Anyone know if Best Buy will price match if I tell them to call Target about the price drop? Is this sale in any of the target Ads? BB has plenty of Burnouts left. I'm sure they're just dying to get rid of them ;).

[quote name='Hixton1']Anyone know if Best Buy will price match if I tell them to call Target about the price drop? Is this sale in any of the target Ads? BB has plenty of Burnouts left. I'm sure they're just dying to get rid of them ;).[/QUOTE]

They will only pricematch with advertized sale prices.

[quote name='jousley']They will only pricematch with advertized sale prices.[/QUOTE]

And even then its like pulling teeth sometimes.

i live in n.y, and every sinlge target that i called told me that they dont have it, its sold out, and i keep calling there for a week now, and they still didnt get the game, i asked them how come an item{video game} is sold out, and it not getting shipped, they told me " we get shipments everynight, but we dont know if we gonna get the game with that shipment or not".
i want this game so bad for that price, but i cant find even 1 single copy{ps2 version}.
i also went to the target that is lil bit far from where i live, they dont have it too, i also been calling there for a week, and they tell me the same thing, we dont have it, we dont know when we gonna have it.

Is there any big difference between the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions? I have both systems and do not plan to play online. I was just wondering since I thought I read that there was some stuff you could only unlock online.

In my opinion, custom soundtracks really make the XBOX version preferable. I usually use my computer playlist when playing this type of game, but the way Burnout 3 integrates your music into the game is really great.

Oh and more importantly, the XBOX triggers work a lot better then the PS2's shoulder buttons. The XBOX triggers give you pedal-like analog control and work really well for a game like this.

And I can't confirm since I haven't actually played the PS2 version, but I'm just assuming the XBOX one just plays smoother since it is a very graphically intensive game.

Finally found a copy for xbox, it was in the endcap with the GH games so make sure to check there. There was 2 copies left at the store on Clyde Park, for anyone in Grand Rapids.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Is there any big difference between the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions? I have both systems and do not plan to play online. I was just wondering since I thought I read that there was some stuff you could only unlock online.[/QUOTE]

Ive played both extensively. There is no way I would chose Ps2 over Xbox unless I had to. The triggers make a huge difference. Plus, I always felt a little more in control on the xbox. Of course YMMV if you are mostly a Ps2 guy. Still, if you can chose, xbox > Ps2 and by no small margin.

Confirmed out here in Western PA, only PS2 version tho - great f'in game, nothing beats destroying cars while the Miami Vice theme song is blasting (Xbox custom soundtrack of course).

And in regards to rain checks, unless they changed the policy, it works on temp price cuts as well as sale prices - damned if I know the difference. So if you cheapo's don't mind screwing target when it's sold out, pick up a rain check or two, and get 50% off any video game. Im gonna pass, I still feel guilty about the 'Breakdown' fiasco, $50, temp p cut to $20 = any game for $20 or less..im weak like that...

NOTE - Lookin through the thread, im gettin the vibe @ most Targets it's just the new price, out here (Robinson Twnship) it's a temp price cut...

Good point... it's kind of a win-win thing. If it's a sale, you can raincheck it... no need to even feel guilty, since you actually DID plan on buying Burnout 3 for XBOX! And if it's NOT a sale, then it's a permanent deal, and you can just bide your time and get it for $20 whenever it's back in stock. So if you have PS2 and XBOX, don't short-change yourself... you may as well hold out for the XBOX version.

[quote name='Masterkyo']i wait till it hit $10 -$10 :)[/QUOTE]

why wait..? this game is great online racer.. i'd get it as soon as possible (great for in between halo 2 matches)

Picked up one at the Target in Southaven, MS. There were 2 more remaining on the top shelf of the locked glass case. No price was listed, but it did scan at $19.99

The Gateway, FL Target just restocked and had dozens for both PS2 and Xbox. They were out on the shelves with the Greatest Hits and Platinum Hits games. They also restocked a bunch of "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time" as well in that same area. I bought the Xbox version after many recommendations here. Thank you!

[quote name='O.D.D']5 Xbox ones remaining in the store in Melbourne Florida.[/QUOTE]

Damn, if I were only still at FIT...

[quote name='urzishra14']why wait..? this game is great online racer.. i'd get it as soon as possible (great for in between halo 2 matches)[/QUOTE]

I have a few questions about the online play. Do you know if it allows a guest to play? I mean, if I want to play say a 8 player race over xbox live and most of the group is over live, but I have a friend with me that would like to partake.
How's the lag? There is no host arbitration right? Thus the creator of the match needs to have the best bandwidth?

No guests unfortunately (except MAYBE for party crash, I'm not sure). I have yet to experience lag. I'm not sure how the bandwidth works.

Oh and Road Rage online is tremendous, it's like a whole other game.

There was some of both in ABQ, NM. Must have restocked on Monday, because there was none over the weekend.

Thanks for the post, been thinking about getting the game for a while and have a friend coming by this weekend who'll love it. Appreciate the info. Grabbed the last one in gurnee, il but won't CC pricematch?

Those who got it at Target, was it prices in the case at $19.99 or higer? Mine has it for $39.99 and the woman working there said its $39.99 and she hasnt received a price cut notice.

[quote name='Stingermck']Those who got it at Target, was it prices in the case at $19.99 or higer? Mine has it for $39.99 and the woman working there said its $39.99 and she hasnt received a price cut notice.[/QUOTE]

Marked $19.99 at my Target.

I got the last Xbox copy at my Target today. I looked in the glass case and they didn't have it, and I was about to give up. Then I walked behind the isle to the other side where they keep their old and clearanced games, and there sat one copy for Xbox. So I grabbed it.

I have a question. Does this game still have plenty of players on Xbox Live? Thats the main reason I bought it. I hope it isn't empty...

I just went to another Target near me, and I saw both PS2 Burnout 3 and Star Ocean for $19.99. They were marked, and in a Greatest Hits display. Didn't see BO3 for Xbox, though.

[quote name='n00bie']I just went to another Target near me, and I saw both PS2 Burnout 3 and Star Ocean for $19.99. They were marked, and in a Greatest Hits display. Didn't see BO3 for Xbox, though.[/QUOTE]

The target at Serramonte has no BO3, just saw one Star Ocean for 19.99.

There were still 5 copies for X-Box left behind glass at Target in Knoxville, near West Town Mall.
Played the game last night and had an absolute blast.

It is one of the most crowd-pleasing games I've encountered in some time.

I still haven't played enough on LIVE to guage how active the online community for the game is. Last week there were no Road Rage games waiting in the lobby, for example... but I hosted a game and within minutes I had six-players. It seems like you won't always find a game hosted, but if you start one up it isn't hard to get people joining. That's been my limited experience so far, anyway.

picked up the last copy of Burnout 3: Takedown for Xbox at the Novato, California, Target. they still have 4-5 copies of the PS2 version behind the glass case.

if anyone is near or in Sonoma County. at the Target in Rohnert Park, on Saturday I saw 3-5 copies of the Xbox version for sale in their 19.99/clearance section right behind the glass cased games.

I played it online today, it's a blast but everybody is british :O Then I found that you can change lobbies and I went into the U.S. lobbies and they were empty. There are plenty of british people to play with, but a lot of them don't take too kindly to americans so beware...

Went today/yesterday to a Target near me just for a shelf and some random items and had a look at the game section and it seems as though they recieved a shipment out of nowhere. I had been there a few days before and they had been totally clean of any Star Ocean 3 or Burnouts. Today it seems they somehow magically found copies because I saw a bunch of Star Oceans and Burnouts for Xbox and PS2.

Since they didn't have Star Ocean before, I went and picked it up at Fry's for $14.99. I don't think it would have mattered knowing that my Target had SO/Burnout since all it would have done was save me the gas, but I wanted to go to Fry's anyway. The Burnouts are really tempting me though. Loved it when I rented it, but I'm really trying to hold out for when BB has it for that price so I can get one there after GGC.

burnout3 hasnt droped yet at the target off of lakeworth RD. I couldnt find it for the xbox., didnt even have a spot for it. I found it under PS2. 39.99:roll:

bread's done
Back