Burnout Paradise Bundles (PSN) ($20 DLC/$30 DLC+Game)

INCyr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I originally saw it on Kotaku, but I've since confirmed (and bought it) myself.

PSN (and it appears, only PSN - not sure why 360 owners are shafted) is offering ALL the DLC for Burnout Paradise for $20 until March 31st. If you don't have the game, they have a bundle for that too, for $30 (Game + ALL DLC).

Considering that the DLC itself runs ~$67, and the game is another $20 on top of that, this is a excellent deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='raiser']The biggest things missing are Crash mode and offline Co-Op modes.[/QUOTE]
There is Showtime Mode, obviously it's different, but being able to destroy your car and ram through traffic whenever you want is still fun. And yes, no couch co-op is lame, though the Party Pack adds in a nice "pass the controller" function that makes it more enjoyable between friends locally.

[quote name='INCyr']No, each piece of DLC comes individually, so you can only download the DLC you want. I'm actually trying to figure out if there's a way to go back and uninstall Timesaver as I blindly downloaded all of the DLC without thinking, and I'm not sure I want Timesaver at the moment - although I might want it in the future.[/QUOTE]

oh wow really?
i thought it downloads them all at once when you get the pack

good to know man
timesaver thing was a dealbreaker for me too
but now, i'm definitely getting this

[quote name='justasplanned']oh wow really?
i thought it downloads them all at once when you get the pack

good to know man
timesaver thing was a dealbreaker for me too
but now, i'm definitely getting this[/QUOTE]

No, when you buy it there is a download all button at the bottom, but you can go to each of the eight pieces individually and select to download only what you want. I went ahead and grabbed everything but timesavers.

[quote name='INCyr']No, each piece of DLC comes individually, so you can only download the DLC you want. I'm actually trying to figure out if there's a way to go back and uninstall Timesaver as I blindly downloaded all of the DLC without thinking, and I'm not sure I want Timesaver at the moment - although I might want it in the future.[/QUOTE]

I was kind of hoping it would be one big pack, I hate having so many items in my download list (yeah, I'm really anal retentive)...but it's better to give gamers these type of options.

this is an off topic question

but what happens when you download a dlc twice in the download list?

i accidentally dled the big surf dlc twice
it downloaded and installed again
do i have two copies of the same dlc now somewhere in the ps3 or will it just save over the first copy?

[quote name='justasplanned']this is an off topic question

but what happens when you download a dlc twice in the download list?

i accidentally dled the big surf dlc twice
it downloaded and installed again
do i have two copies of the same dlc now somewhere in the ps3 or will it just save over the first copy?[/QUOTE]

saves over the first copy. You can also download it an unlimited number of times on to 5 different PS3s total.

Just a heads up, the 360 demo is still available to download. I tried it out... I think I'll stick with Burnout 3. Great deal on the bundle though.

[quote name='lilman']Just a heads up, the 360 demo is still available to download. I tried it out... I think I'll stick with Burnout 3. Great deal on the bundle though.[/QUOTE]

The demo is based on the original unpatched game. They've added WAYYYY so much more since then.
More vehicles, day/night cycles, better handling, MOTORCYCLES, more online events, better textures on destructibles and tons of other things.

I feel like getting the demo just to see how different the game is. I didn't pick it up until 1.7ish.

I've always wanted this game, and this seems like the time to pick it up. I would really prefer it for 360, but I'll look as this as a plus to owning a PS3.

Edited at 9:03 PM
Just started downloading! So much content!

18560_498227060079_805160079_11222460_681311_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bit on this and wasn't paying attention. did the "time saver" thing too without noticing. any way to reverse that? was about half way through the game. want to get the stuff on my own.

[quote name='Diad']bit on this and wasn't paying attention. did the "time saver" thing too without noticing. any way to reverse that? was about half way through the game. want to get the stuff on my own.[/QUOTE]

It's a pain in the ass, but you can. If you delete the Game Data from Burnout Paradise, it'll delete the DLC as well. You'll have to re-download ALL the patches though, which takes 15-20 minutes or so. But it appears to work.

Edit: Caveat - I downloaded the DLC, and then did the above BEFORE I actually started up the game. So I don't know what effect it'll have if you've already started up the game with Timesaver installed, and then saved.

So this price is good until March 31st, right?

I'm going to see if I can't get a $20 PSN card for cheap to make this an even better deal.

[quote name='M3wThr33']The demo is based on the original unpatched game. They've added WAYYYY so much more since then.
More vehicles, day/night cycles, better handling, MOTORCYCLES, more online events, better textures on destructibles and tons of other things.[/QUOTE]
Okay, since you all have such good things to say about this game I went ahead and bit. Downloaded the game+dlc bundle and remembered not to install the time savers dlc.

Thanks for the info about Timesaver. I am about to get this this weekend and I'll make sure to pay attention and not install it.

I've been on the fence about this. I don't LIKE racing games as a whole, but I loved Burnout 3. And I have a bunch of PSN money from my Sony Card.
What do you guys think...should I just go for it?

[quote name='SDC']I've been on the fence about this. I don't LIKE racing games as a whole, but I loved Burnout 3. And I have a bunch of PSN money from my Sony Card.
What do you guys think...should I just go for it?[/QUOTE]
absolutely, but I'm a big burnout fan. had paradise on 360, then got a ps3, bought the Ultimate Bundle for ps3, then bought big surf island on ps3, then my ps3 bit the dust, so I bought big surf island for 360. WORTH IT!

[quote name='SDC']I've been on the fence about this. I don't LIKE racing games as a whole, but I loved Burnout 3. And I have a bunch of PSN money from my Sony Card.
What do you guys think...should I just go for it?[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Racing is only one part of it. It's more of a driving game, if that makes sense. $30 for the whole thing is a steal.

Anyway, I picked up the DLC bundle today. I wish Paradise Island was a little more spread out but it's still pretty good. The toy cars are pretty fun. Didn't try out anything else yet.

And it's amazing how much this game has changed. I hadn't played it since I got the platinum back in October 2008. Can't wait to see why Criterion does next.

If the complete edition that is $30 with the game is ~3GB, how big is the $20 complete downloadable content???

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question... 700 KB. Don't have to upgrade my hard drive. :)

Lots of love for this game. I played the demo, really tried to like it and not for me. I really tried. Could not stand to have to drive around to get to a race or an event.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']This game just calls for the Daytona theme song![/QUOTE]

I'd never thought of it before but every game would be better with a ROOOOOOOLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!

Still can't decide if I should bite on this, at $20 it's cheaper than picking up the remaining content individually but are Cops & Robbers and the Party addon worth playing in the first place?

OH MY GOD... I'm SO glad you guys bumped this thread. Back when I saw this first show up in the playstation store I totally misread it, this whole time I thought it was for the game itself for $20 not the DLC. Thanks for not letting me miss out on this deal!!!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Expires tomorrow (March 31st). My 3 year old LOVES this game, runs around singing Paradise City.[/QUOTE]
put Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend on

HEY HEY YOU YOU
I DON T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
NO WAY NO WAY
I THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE
HEY HEY YOU YOU
I COULD BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

girlfriends.jpg

Burnout DLC/ Street Fighter costumes group is full. Just waiting on last two payments and I will send out detailed information on how to DL your content. There were plenty of requests after the group filled up so I would suggest you guys who didn't get in to make a new group on the PS3 gameshare thread. There would be enough people to do so and you have until the end of the day today to still get the Burnout DLC on sale. Here is the final group:

1. Purkeynator
2. Jadomino
3. Sillentassasin
4. ivanwijaya
5. yohsh

Wow, almost missed this. Will probably pick it up tonight. I wanted to try Big Surf Island, so getting all this extra stuff for a few extra bucks is probably worth it. Thanks!

The demo way back when didn't really sell me so I'm really thinking if I should bite on this or not since I'm sure I'll play this for a week and hen never touch it again...

Guess I have a few hours to decide.

I bought this a few weeks ago after all of the postive comments in this thread. Paradise is a good game, but I still prefer Burnout 3: Takedown. The two main problems I have with Paradise are:

1) Having to drive around to get to a race. I like going through a menu system... so much faster. It would have been nice if they gave you the option to either drive around or go through a menu to choose a race.
2) In Burnout you are always moving incredibly fast, dodging traffic and other road hazards. Adding in trying to figure out where to turn is not fun to me, and I usually end up missing a turn. I know they throw in some visual clues to help you know when to turn, but when I'm in the heat of racing I usually don't notice them. I prefer the standard race tracks with giant arrow signs and hidden short cuts.

Anyways, still a good game and a great price.

[quote name='ryushe']The demo way back when didn't really sell me so I'm really thinking if I should bite on this or not since I'm sure I'll play this for a week and hen never touch it again...

Guess I have a few hours to decide.[/QUOTE]

Most reviews I read said the game is good but that the demo did suck.

The ad says "until march 31st" Has any one confirmed if this still is available today or if it got pulled down already?

The DLC pack for $19.99 was available 5 minutes ago. I couldn't find the DLC and game for $30 tho. I just got the game from EA for $5 bucks so it looks like I'll bite.

[quote name='buerick']The ad says "until march 31st" Has any one confirmed if this still is available today or if it got pulled down already?[/QUOTE]
Considering that it ends today then i would say that today is the last day.

tomorrow it should be down. this deal has been going on for at least 2 months :D
i would seriously hope you are all gamesharing it for maximum cheapness. the dlc and game should go for 6 dollars per each

i still have yet to beat it. :cry:

[quote name='Sway42']Considering that it ends today then i would say that today is the last day.

tomorrow it should be down. this deal has been going on for at least 2 months :D
i would seriously hope you are all gamesharing it for maximum cheapness. the dlc and game should go for 6 dollars per each

i still have yet to beat it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about this until today . Anyone know of open gameshare slot?

[quote name='lilman']I bought this a few weeks ago after all of the postive comments in this thread. Paradise is a good game, but I still prefer Burnout 3: Takedown. The two main problems I have with Paradise are:

1) Having to drive around to get to a race. I like going through a menu system... so much faster. It would have been nice if they gave you the option to either drive around or go through a menu to choose a race.
2) In Burnout you are always moving incredibly fast, dodging traffic and other road hazards. Adding in trying to figure out where to turn is not fun to me, and I usually end up missing a turn. I know they throw in some visual clues to help you know when to turn, but when I'm in the heat of racing I usually don't notice them. I prefer the standard race tracks with giant arrow signs and hidden short cuts.

Anyways, still a good game and a great price.[/QUOTE]
This might have just decided it for me. That's the exact two things that bugged me with the demo and ironically enough, B3:T was also my favorite.

I'll try my luck over at the Gameshare thread, but if I don't get through I'll just pass. Thanks for the bump though.

I love Burnout Paradise and was really upset this was a PS3-only deal.

If they did a similar deal on the 360, I'd jump on it so fast, I think I'd go back in time.

bread's done
Back