Burnout Paradise - Gen. Discussion & Info

What happens if you delete all of the updates (but not the save file) and redownload everything again? I don't want multiple 900MB files sitting on the hard drive doing nothing.

[quote name='javeryh']What happens if you delete all of the updates (but not the save file) and redownload everything again? I don't want multiple 900MB files sitting on the hard drive doing nothing.[/quote]

You can delete all previous updates. I've deleted Cagney, Bikes pack, and 1.6. Whenever Criterion releases an update they take all the old content and put it together with the new content in one big file. My guess is it's just easier that way and results in quicker load times than if it were all kept seperate.

Hm. I thought the legendary car pack was going to be 600 pts? Oh well, 640 isn't too bad, I'll be picking them up over the the next few days. But the toy cars on the other hand, 1000 pts for all of them? And what does the special boost pack offer at 400 pts?

Wow good thing I didnt dl the latest update, what crap, I'm already near my cap with the Lost and Damned dled. That was a funny video.

Finally I get to give Critirion some money for all the re-play value they've given to this game.
I had no idea they would offer an "unlock all cars" package. Fortunately, I've only got another 5 cars to get.

I just DLed the Legendary Cars pack. Kitt's stats are almost maxed out. Anyone know how to activate hover mode with the Jansen?

[quote name='moojuice']I really hope the Ecto-1 doesn't sound off it's siren the whole time...[/quote]

You can turn it on and off by clicking the left stick. Just like the Citizen and PCPD Special.

[quote name='javeryh']I just DLed the Legendary Cars pack. Kitt's stats are almost maxed out. Anyone know how to activate hover mode with the Jansen?[/quote]

Clicking the left stick. I guess I'm the only one that reads the descriptions of the cars in the junkyard :p

The 88 Special in Hover Mode is definitely the fastest car in the game. It also drifts really good in Hover, but can't flatspin in Hover. Barrel rolls in Hover are also plentiful. Try...4x on level jumps.

The Manhattan Spirit is also pretty cool. It's just a beast. Takes down pretty much anything, and also has good stunt run potential. All of the cars in the Legendary Car Pack get MASSIVE air time. On the last jump coming from White Mountain on the Bridge if you go fast, you will crash your car on that jump because you'll hit the bar at the divider usually. Delorean can make it, and so can the Manhattan.

I so need more money this month lol, will be buying these when I do add points though. The 88 special sounds a hell of fun and would help me to grab those last stunt runs I need to get.

The extra 40 points (they did say 600 originally, didn't they?) for the pack kind of annoyed me, but the cars are fun. Nothing funnier than activating the horn on the General Lee after ramping off something, slamming into a crossbeam or building, and listening to the horn peter out like it was just destroyed.

I just watched their podcast. I have no reason to own the party pack, because my wife will never play the game, and I can't teach my dog.
But I must admit some of the challenges look very fun. I guess I could just play with myself (yes, I fully realize how bad that sounds. But it just had to be said).

I just bought the Legendary Car Pack. All of the cars are awesome. The DeLorean is my favorite. The fire trails and hover mode are really cool. Plus that car seems like it will go a million miles per hour or something equally ridiculous.

My only problem is that I don't really have anything left to do. I have all the achievements except the Party Pack ones, but I don't think I am ever going to get the Party Pack. It is too expensive and there is no one to play with. Hopefully with the new island they are creating they will add new achievements and game modes with it.

[quote name='Razzuel']I just bought the Legendary Car Pack. All of the cars are awesome. The DeLorean is my favorite. The fire trails and hover mode are really cool. Plus that car seems like it will go a million miles per hour or something equally ridiculous.

My only problem is that I don't really have anything left to do. I have all the achievements except the Party Pack ones, but I don't think I am ever going to get the Party Pack. It is too expensive and there is no one to play with. Hopefully with the new island they are creating they will add new achievements and game modes with it.[/QUOTE]

I definitely think with Big Surf Island there will be both new cheesies and modes.

[quote name='Razzuel']I just bought the Legendary Car Pack. All of the cars are awesome. The DeLorean is my favorite. The fire trails and hover mode are really cool. Plus that car seems like it will go a million miles per hour or something equally ridiculous.

My only problem is that I don't really have anything left to do. I have all the achievements except the Party Pack ones, but I don't think I am ever going to get the Party Pack. It is too expensive and there is no one to play with. Hopefully with the new island they are creating they will add new achievements and game modes with it.[/quote]

The nicest thing about the party pack is that it turns Burnout Paradise into a party game around games like Guitar Hero or Wii sports. I'll grab it before the holidays when family show up.

I downloaded the new update and the legendary car pack today and tried out the Delorean before coming into work tonight. I thought it was supposed to do something once you break the 88mph mark. The hovering part of it is hella cool. I guess I'll go through and delete the 1.6 update since I have the 1.7 update now. I'll try out the other 3 cars in the morning when I get off work.

For those of you looking for more space on your hard driver.
Make sure after you download 1.7, that you not only delete 1.6, but also the Bike's pack.

Anybody see those RED Subway ads in the game a few days ago? They were the worst possible design, as they looked just like Paradise billboards, ha! They pulled 'em real quick.

Yay! Toy cars pack is out! These cars can really take a beating. I've run them straight on into buses while boosting, into walls, all sorts of things, and they still keep going!

Yeah it seems a bit tougher to get into a wreck with toy car but their size makes road rage annoying. You have to travel a greater distance to hit another racer.

Yeah, you can delete old patches. Each update (the 900meg ones) are like installing the game to your hard drive because each update includes the ENTIRE game in it. So installing the game from the disc is a waste of time and space.

Which makes me wonder why its not available as an Arcade title, kind of like the PS3 has.

FarmhouseMedia.png

The update contain all of the data the previous updates had, not the entire game. You can't seriously believe all of BP is 900 MB, can you? The PSN version is 3.24 GBs with all of the updates up to and including the bikes patch.

I'm working my way to the Elite license on my Xbox 360 copy, which I'm just under 60 races left. I'm disappointing there aren't achievement updates for this version for each patch/update like the PS3 version, which has new trophies for bikes, the party pack, the legendary cars, and the toy cars.

Yea see this whole stupid patch sizes has made me stop playing this game. It's really too bad since I loved this game but I'm 4 events away from Elite but dont have the patch to get restarts and I can't download that much due to stupid ISP limits.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm working my way to the Elite license on my Xbox 360 copy, which I'm just under 60 races left. I'm disappointing there aren't achievement updates for this version for each patch/update like the PS3 version, which has new trophies for bikes, the party pack, the legendary cars, and the toy cars.[/QUOTE]

Aw, I didn't know the PS3 got trophies for all the DLC. Weak! I want new cheesies (that aren't for the bleh Party Pack), dammit!

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea see this whole stupid patch sizes has made me stop playing this game. It's really too bad since I loved this game but I'm 4 events away from Elite but dont have the patch to get restarts and I can't download that much due to stupid ISP limits.[/quote]
You only need to download the 1.7 patch, which I think is the only one you could download, to be able to play the game. You don't even have to update right away, as I was mistakenly playing with 1.6 until yesterday with restarts and all that and it was fine to play single-player with.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Aw, I didn't know the PS3 got trophies for all the DLC. Weak! I want new cheesies (that aren't for the bleh Party Pack), dammit![/quote]
http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=350
This has what they added for the main trophy patch, with specific additions for the Cagney and bike updates then there are 16 more that were added for the recent paid DLC.

[quote name='pete5883']Doesn't MS only allow new achievements on paid DLC?[/quote]
That's unfortunate if that's true. I counted 16 trophies for the paid stuff and only two achievements added, for 50 of the 250 points allowed for expansions, for the 360 version. Maybe Criterion has plans to divvy those points up for the Island or something, but it would be nice to see some relaxation of those rules. Didn't Halo 3 get a ton of extra points with an update last year?

Yea I know, I don't have 1.6, was waiting for my bandwidth usage monitor to go down, and then they came out with 1.7. I'm at 82% of my 17gigs for 30 days, but really if you calculate it out I'm not that high and its just bs. Oh well I have plenty of other games to play. ^^

Not all, but yeah, it's fairly easy compared to the in-game awards that most earned before the patch. It's better than having collect all of the shit twice. At least I could put your save online and get a map of what's left if I had to do that again.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Those are all of the trophies? Ha, that's laughable. Those are so much easier than the 360 version's achievements.[/quote]

Well...to be fair, if they were retroactive, they would've been the same as the 360 version. They were made easier to compensate for the fact that they weren't retroactive so it'd be easier for people to get their save files back on their system and continue playing their master file.

They might be easier, but it's not a bad thing.

Im thinking of FINALLY picking this game up with the Gamestop B2G1, I have been meanig to play it for a while now, just never got around to it. Should be great!!

[quote name='Pojomofo']Im thinking of FINALLY picking this game up with the Gamestop B2G1, I have been meanig to play it for a while now, just never got around to it. Should be great!![/quote]

Wow man, great time to get it.
I may actually grab a PS3 copy, so I can have it for both systems.
I love it on the 360, but the people at critirion have always said it plays better on the PS3.

It's totally worth $20 but I still think nothing beats Burnout Takedown. I miss the old event scheme rather then driving around and starting events. Granted I'm sure that has to do with EA's bullying.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's totally worth $20 but I still think nothing beats Burnout Takedown. I miss the old event scheme rather then driving around and starting events. Granted I'm sure that has to do with EA's bullying.[/quote]

Nope, this is a feature that is evolving from the industry. Open world gameplay is becoming popular in some genres and it allows the player to choose how they want to play or how the story unfolds. I don't mind it.

Criterion should really look into crash mode as their next big piece of DLC after the island. Even if that means a separate island to do it in.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well...to be fair, if they were retroactive, they would've been the same as the 360 version. They were made easier to compensate for the fact that they weren't retroactive so it'd be easier for people to get their save files back on their system and continue playing their master file.

They might be easier, but it's not a bad thing.[/quote]

I agree, I had the game on PS3 and the Trophies were pretty easy. Then I got it for the 360 and saw the achievements and thought oh CRAP!

I remember replaying the game on PS3 to get trophies. But if the trophies were the same as the achievements, I would have never restarted the game.

I was at my Best Friends house yesterday and watched him as he played showtime mode... I now have to start playing this game again!
I was all set to start Fable II today, but now I'll be playing Paradise for the foreseeable future.

Showtime is broken... it pretty much lasts forever, so if you're not spending 2 hours on each wreck, you're not getting a high score. It's like an Internet Flash game - scores are based more on how much time you wasted than on how much skill (or even luck) you have.

Bring back crash mode!

Only really looked into this game yesterday for the 360. I know I'm late but I'm going to be picking it up today! Looks great and I can't wait to play.

[quote name='GamerChris']showtime isn't broken. Just make sure to hit the buses and you'll be racking up a high score in no time.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying it's broken because you can't get enough points. I'm saying it's broken because you can get infinite points.

Ok am I the only one who can't contact the EA servers? I started up the game today to download the huge patch and nothing happened, (short from downloading the xbox live update). The news feed said unable to connect to EA server and then again when I tried online quick match. Figures, today is my one day of luxury with limitless bandwidth because its at the end of the month.

bread's done
Back